Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni (39621 Views)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / Ika People / The Ika People{igbanke}. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
iworh01:
Ndi ika daru ni o. dodo ni owen assignment we ye eni school eni. dodo yenim eka. d assignment is: what are the orthographies of tone, nasalization and vowel harmony in your mother tongue. Dodo no yenim eka.
LOL
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by einsteino(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
iworh01:
Ndi ika daru ni o. dodo ni owen assignment we ye eni school eni. dodo yenim eka. d assignment is: what are the orthographies of tone, nasalization and vowel harmony in your mother tongue. Dodo no yenim eka.

Lolz
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by pazienza(m): 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why are you people laughing at him? Can't you people help him with the school assignment despite his plea?

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
iworh01:

Is that Ika or Igbo you wrote up there? You just registered now and wrote in a dialect close to Imo State Igbo and expecting Ikas to take you serious.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ehikwe22: 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Abagworo:

Is that Ika or Igbo you wrote up there? You just registered now and wrote in a dialect close to Imo State Igbo and expecting Ikas to take you serious.
Can you kindly explain how it is similar to Owerri? Or close to Owerri?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Dhugal: 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
ehikwe22:
Because it is.
Even I,an Nnewi man,recognized it.
@Abagworo,that's Agbor ika dialect he wrote there.
I've heard them speak thus.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
ehikwe22:

Help me as Nyenim eka instead of Nyerum eka. Not Owerri but other dialects.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Dhugal:

Because it is.
Even I,an Nnewi man,recognized it.
@Abagworo,that's Agbor ika dialect he wrote there.
I've heard them speak thus.
The Owerri-Ika relationship is being blown out of proportion. Me as an Ika man, I don't understand majority of what Owerri people speak. language is easier to understand in songs but I don't even understand most of what oriental brothers and other Owerri musicians speak. Only thing I see in common is the ri factor. Owerri sounds very deep to me. I understand Anambra better than Owerri. so how is it similar to Ika/

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
gerg:
The Owerri-Ika relationship is being blown out of proportion. Me as an Ika man, I don't understand majority of what Owerri people speak. language is easier to understand in songs but I don't even understand most of what oriental brothers and other Owerri musicians speak. Only thing I see in common is the ri factor. Owerri sounds very deep to me. I understand Anambra better than Owerri. so how is it similar to Ika/

Owerri is not the only dialect in Imo State. What do you know about Oguta and Egbema dialects?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 9:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
Abagworo:

stat
Owerri is not the only dialect in Imo State. What do you know about Oguta and Egbema dialects?
What I always hear you guys talk about is how Ika is so similar to Owerri. Although Oguta and Egbema seem to have ties with Anioma but it's Ukwani they're related to. Although I also understand Ika and Ukwani are almost the same but the intonation is completely different except on some words, statements and expression that sound very much alike.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Dhugal: 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
gerg:
Blown out of proportion or not,you now agree there's a relationship/similitude.
That's a first.

I was expecting you to deny that's Agbor ika dialect,so I bury you on this board.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Dhugal:

Blown out of proportion or not,you now agree there's a relationship/similitude.
That's a first.

I was expecting you to deny that's Agbor ika dialect,so I bury you on this board.
Debating with you guys is pointless. It's funny how you all behave the same way.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
What I always hear you guys talk about is how Ika is so similar to Owerri. Although Oguta and Egbema seem to have ties with Anioma but it's Ukwani they're related to. Although I also understand Ika and Ukwani are almost the same but the intonation is completely different except on some words, statements and expression that sound very much alike.

For the 1st time you admitted one truth which is why written Ika will always be easily understood by majority of Igbo writers. The tone of Ika language makes it difficult for other Igbo speakers to comprehend but on a closer attention most will understand the message being passed. This is not peculiar to Ika though as Igbo speakers in the far east like Abiriba speak with Crossriver tone that without paying closer attention one might think its Ibibio as they share various words with Ibibio speakers.

This is Ezza song. Ezza is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi State. Check if you can grab much and FYI most Southeasterners stretch their ears to hear other Southeastern dialects including Owerri dialect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRTkW_zSC4
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:

For the 1st time you admitted one truth which is why written Ika will always be easily understood by majority of Igbo writers. The tone of Ika language makes it difficult for other Igbo speakers to comprehend but on a closer attention most will understand the message being passed. This is not peculiar to Ika though as Igbo speakers in the far east like Abiriba speak with Crossriver tone that without paying closer attention one might think its Ibibio as they share various words with Ibibio speakers.

This is Ezza song. Ezza is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi State. Check if you can grab much and FYI most Southeasterners stretch their ears to hear other Southeastern dialects including Owerri dialect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRTkW_zSC4
Actually, it's you guys that try to turn the truth around. I say it the way it is, but the truth is bitter in some people's ears. Do you know those guys at the far East have ties with cross riverine groups? The only reason they accept the Igbo tag is because they are in the South East.

For the Ezza song, it's a typical Igbo song. Do you know about Ika songs? do you know Bini Songs? Though Igbo influence is sweeping around SE/SS Nigeria, especially in the entertainment industry, we're still able to retain our Edoid pattern of traditional music.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 10:10am On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
Actually, it's you guys that try to turn the truth around. I say it the way it is, but the truth is bitter in some people's ears. Do you know those guys at the far East have ties with cross riverine groups? The only reason they accept the Igbo tag is because they are in the South East.

For the Ezza song, it's a typical Igbo song. Do you know about Ika songs? do you know Bini Songs? Though Igbo influence is sweeping around SE/SS Nigeria, especially in the entertainment industry, we're still able to retain our Edoid pattern of traditional music.

You still don't get. The entire stretch of Abia and parts if Ebonyi equally retain Crossriver traditions different from what you believe is the Igbo tradition. This is Abiriba dialect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeyLw6gKxE
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:

You still don't get. The entire stretch of Abia and parts if Ebonyi equally retain Crossriver traditions different from what you believe is the Igbo tradition. This is Abiriba dialect.

All these dialects, though deeper than most South East Dialects still sound very much Igbo. Ika sound very very much different from any other Igbo. Even the Imo dialects you guys always talk about.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:

All these dialects, though deeper than most South East Dialects still sound very much Igbo. Ika sound very very much different from any other Igbo. Even the Imo dialects you guys always talk about.

Is it this Ika or another? Ika sounds closer to central Igbo than Abiriba. Let non-Igbos judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltIzwR03ks
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:

Is it this Ika or another? Ika sounds closer to central Igbo than Abiriba. Let non-Igbos judge.

I admitted Abiriba and Ezza are very deep and difficult for other Igbos to understand, but they are much more closer to the Central Igbo than Ika. They both sound Igbo. Ika sound completely different. Doesn't sound like Igbo at all.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
I admitted Abiriba and Ezza are very deep and difficult for other Igbos to understand, but they are much more closer to the Central Igbo than Ika. They both sound Igbo. Ika sound completely different. Doesn't sound like Igbo at all.

Guy the Ika spoken hear sounds completely Igbo in every way you look at it than the Abiriba I posted earlier that sounds like Ibibio.

1 central Igbo

2 Ika

3 Abiriba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUww2DO35ro

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 11:05am On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:

Guy the Ika spoken hear sounds completely Igbo in every way you look at it than the Abiriba I posted earlier that sounds like Ibibio.

That's a very simplified Ika. That's the Otolokpo dialect of the Eastern Axis of Ika. and again, the things it's talking about are all new stuffs that don't exist in Ika precolonial times. Abiriba might be difficult to understand but it sounds Igbo. I'm not denying their Ibibio connection. In fact, I heard they have Ibibio origin that's why I said the major reason they accept the Igbo tag is probably because they're located in the SE.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
That's a very simplified Ika. That's the Otolokpo dialect of the Eastern Axis of Ika. and again, the things it's talking about are all new stuffs that don't exist in Ika precolonial times. Abiriba might be difficult to understand but it sounds Igbo. I'm not denying their Ibibio connection. In fact, I heard they have Ibibio origin that's why I said the major reason they accept the Igbo tag is probably because they're located in the SE.

I think the Igbo tag as used by you means being part of Igbo ethnic identity and not language based. Ika is not part of Igbo ethnic group but Ika language is Igbo language.

Ika as used here was simplified towards central Igbo for every Ika to comprehend meaning if you simplify tilting towards Edo then most Ikas would be lost. This further cements the fact that Ika language is Igbo. Abiriba language too is Igbo because just like Ika they dilute their dialect towards central Igbo instead of Ibibio.

The tones of the 3 videos and velocity of speech in each video shows a closer similarity between central Igbo and Ika than Abiriba. Moreover Ika greeted "Daru" while Abiriba greeted "Ahi" and central Igbo is "Dalu".

New yam festival in Ika is "Iwa gi" in Abiriba "Ipapusa ufie" in central Igbo "Iwa ji".

NB I used Abiriba because it's located at eastern flank of Igbo language area just like Ika at Western flank and both have influence of Ibibio and Edo respectively.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:

I think the Igbo tag as used by you means being part of Igbo ethnic identity and not language based. Ika is not part of Igbo ethnic group but Ika language is Igbo language.

Ika as used here was simplified towards central Igbo for every Ika to comprehend meaning if you simplify tilting towards Edo then most Ikas would be lost. This further cements the fact that Ika language is Igbo. Abiriba language too is Igbo because just like Ika they dilute their dialect towards central Igbo instead of Ibibio.

The tones of the 3 videos and velocity of speech in each video shows a closer similarity between central Igbo and Ika than Abiriba. Moreover Ika greeted "Daru" while Abiriba greeted "Ahi" and central Igbo is "Dalu".

New yam festival in Ika is "Iwa gi" in Abiriba "Ipapusa ufie" in central Igbo "Iwa ji".

NB I used Abiriba because it's located at eastern flank of Igbo language area just like Ika at Western flank and both have influence of Ibibio and Edo respectively.
In that short Abiriba video, I can pick more than 20 typical Igbo sentences and expression that don't exist in Ika. I find this argument funny. Ika is not anyway as close to Central Igbo as Abiriba.

There are many greetings in Ika and Daru ni is one of them. there are tons and tons of opening greetings in Ika land. Ishegwari ni is also used and we share that with Urhobo and and it some times depends on the dialect. Like I told you, that video is in the Otolokpo dialect which is at the Eastern axis of Ika.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
In that short Abiriba video, I can pick more than 20 typical Igbo sentences and expression that don't exist in Ika. I find this argument funny. Ika is not anyway as close to Central Igbo as Abiriba.

There are many greetings in Ika and Daru ni is one of them. there are tons and tons of opening greetings in Ika land. Ishegwari ni is also used and we share that with Urhobo and and it some times depends on the dialect. Like I told you, that video is in the Otolokpo dialect which is at the Eastern axis of Ika.

I will pick out all the central Igbo in the Ika video while you pick out the ones in Abiriba video.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
1st phrase on the Ika video is 100% central Igbo

onyeisi ochichi anyi

1st phrase in the Abiriba video is incomprehensible or can anyone help us?

There are only 2 central Igbo phrases in the Abiriba video.

1 is "ka anyi laghachikwa"
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Probz(m): 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
gerg:
Yup, I agree.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
2nd central Igbo phrase in the Abiriba phrase is "biko onyeobula".
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
""""enyego"

"ndi ika"

"ekele maka oru oma"

"d'iche iche"

"n'ali Delta"

"ihe iche iche"

maka uzor aru n'ali delta.

akwukwo

"ulo ebe nke computer
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
The Ika video is 95% central Igbo and rounded up with
"ozi eka ulo oru MOIDS bia"
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
The Ika video is 95% central Igbo and rounded up with
"ozi eka ulo oru MOIDS bia"
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
The Abiriba video ended in a central Igbo compliant phrase.

"kupuru wé nu eka" meaning "clap for them" .

In this case eka is aka/hand and wé is ha/them in central Igbo.

The Abiriba video is 50% central Igbo as against 95% of Ika video.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Dhugal: 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Abagworo:
The Abiriba video ended in a central Igbo compliant phrase.

"kupuru wé nu eka" meaning "clap for them" .

In this case eka is aka/hand and wé is ha/them in central Igbo.

The Abiriba video is 50% central Igbo as against 95% of Ika video.
And you buried him before I had the chance
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Dhugal: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Probz:
Yup, I agree.
I'm really starting to believe you're not Igbo as you claimed.
Pray tell,how did that Ika video sound alien to you?.
Even the Benin guy agree it's intelligible, but try to lay that on Otolokpo being close to Enuani.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate / 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. / Emir Sanusi, Wife, Children, Aliko Dangote Attend Polo Event In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.