Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,841 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni (41282 Views)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / Ika People / The Ika People{igbanke}. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
Abagworo:

He may not be completely accurate but you sound full of hate. All those people mentioned by him live in a part of Igboland that is compact and indistinguishable. That States were created doesn't change it.

I don't hate ndị Imo but I have come across a lot of ndị Imo that resent Omanbala people but it's ok, it doesn't bother me that much. Now, I know the towns of Anambra that bother Imo State, especially, Uli, Orsumoghu etc. These border towns have a lot of similarities due to their closeness but Chysler is talking about Ekwulobia an Aguata town with a very distinct dialect, same as Nanka, Aguluzoigbo... Dude is nothing but ignorant and he is proud of it. And he also dragged Nnewi into that. I know Nnewi uses some Imo - like vocabularies but you can spot an Nnewi man when they speak, you can't mistake them. Also Unubi, Amichi, Ụtụ, Orsumenyi etc. I know Orsu local government in Imo has some relationships with Anambra border towns but these guys on our side leans more to Anambraic culture than the other side. Come to think of it, it's very clear the pattern of migration went from north to south not the other way.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Chysler:

See the kind of rubbish division you are causing among same Pple... U simply don't know how to debate an issue... U r full of urself and very irrespectful... Am telling u about the place I come from and u want to school me about that simply because u bear Omanbala in nairaland ... In ur bid to sound credible u have only succeeded in being not difference from that ignoramus calling himself Lasgidiowner... We Anambrarians and IMO are one Pple especially us that wea formerly under old orlu zone , as geograph widens our dialect pronunciation and intonations may deviate slightly but does not garner much percentage to be said to he different from each other!

Guy, lets get one thing straight before we can move forward. Rule number one, don't accuse me wrongly. Number two,speak with facts and dont make things up, I hate misinformation and the last part is why I confronted you.

Yes, I am from Anambra and from the lineage on Ụmụnri and that makes me very passionate about Ọmanbala the home of all Ụmụnri and our brothers scattered all over Igbo land.
I didn't come here to cause division but I can't sit while people miseducate and misinform people. If you are not sure of what you are talking about then you need to ask questions, instead of mixing up everything, thereby misinforming the onlookers.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
The old Orlu you talked about was also a creation of the colonial rule, so let's drop that. Next time, think thoroughly and make some research before you make your land fall.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Chysler(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
[/quote][quote author=OMANBALA1 post=54324463]

Guy, lets get one thing straight before we can move forward. Rule number one, don't accuse me wrongly. Number two,speak with facts and dont make things up, I hate misinformation and the last part is why I confronted you.

Yes, I am from Anambra and from the lineage on Ụmụnri and that makes me very passionate about Ọmanbala the home of all Ụmụnri and our brothers scattered all over Igbo land.
I didn't come here to cause division but I can't sit while people miseducate and misinform people. If you are not sure of what you are talking about then you need to ask questions, instead of mixing up everything, thereby misinforming the onlookers.

Guy before I reply to ur gibberish I want to make it crystal clear to u dt u r not in any position to say which rules subsists here or which every post that lacks fact...
Just like I said initially u lack manners of a good debater and in blinded haste to uplift the NRI Hegemony and supremacy u becomes so irrational...mind you don't hide behind ur device and think everybody is ur younger sibling u can bully into agreeing with every of ur whims and caprice... Dt u r from umunri doesn't give u more authority or knowledge of Anambra Pple in general not to talk of my own town and its surroundings... I don't want to join issues with you and this will be my last reply to ur chipmunk twaddles.... I made it known in my last reply dt as geographical area widen one don't expect a dialect to still be 100 percent homogenous, for instance in Uga in Anambra bordering Akokwa in IMO they will say "Nwehi" which means "here" while in akokwa the "N" is silent making its pronouciation to be "wehi"... If one don't pay more attention in the pronouciations or if the speakers are fast one may never be able to distinguish the difference... Dis is jus one out of many differences dt comes as geographical area widens but u can't use such difference to say this areas a distinctly different and it doesn't in any way cancels or deny ur Nri dispersing claims which u r exerting much adrenalin to protect...

Don't be the reason this ikas of Bini origins come here to make mockery of us... Face the facts and leave shadows!
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
Chysler:

See the kind of rubbish division you are causing among same Pple... U simply don't know how to debate an issue... U r full of urself and very irrespectful... Am telling u about the place I come from and u want to school me about that simply because u bear Omanbala in nairaland ... In ur bid to sound credible u have only succeeded in being not difference from that ignoramus calling himself Lasgidiowner... We Anambrarians and IMO are one Pple especially us that wea formerly under old orlu zone , as geograph widens our dialect pronunciation and intonations may deviate slightly but does not garner much percentage to be said to he different from each other!
He might be a kid of yesterday or those Benin and Yoruba guys that hide under Omanbala to cause division in Igboland. larger area of Orlu division/province was carved out of Onitsha province. The areas initially mentioned were under Orlu division including Nnewi north and south in the old eastern region. If truly he is from the place he claims let him go and ask his father who were the Orsu ala mili and where is their location in this present Anambra and Imo state.

The first two states created from the east central state was strictly on population equilibrium. That's why many local governments fall where they are today.

We should be careful of these divisive agents. I've stayed in Orlu, there's no much difference between Orlu zone people and their counterpart in Anambra south senatorial district.

Some people who are disguising to be Igbo will come here and tell you that Anambra is a monolithic state while Nnewi and Awka do not speak the same thing, Umunze and Nzam speak totally different things.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
Nwokem stop this nonsense. Anambra and ordinary do not have anything in common, not in culture nor language. Anambra is monolithic state. Learn to respect this.

Chysler:

Guy before I reply to ur gibberish I want to make it crystal clear to u dt u r not in any position to say which rules subsists here or which every post that lacks fact...
Just like I said initially u lack manners of a good debater and in blinded haste to uplift the NRI Hegemony and supremacy u becomes so irrational...mind you don't hide behind ur device and think everybody is ur younger sibling u can bully into agreeing with every of ur whims and caprice... Dt u r from umunri doesn't give u more authority or knowledge of Anambra Pple in general not to talk of my own town and its surroundings... I don't want to join issues with you and this will be my last reply to ur chipmunk twaddles.... I made it known in my last reply dt as geographical area widen one don't expect a dialect to still be 100 percent homogenous, for instance in Uga in Anambra bordering Akokwa in IMO they will say "Nwehi" which means "here" while in akokwa the "N" is silent making its pronouciation to be "wehi"... If one don't pay more attention in the pronouciations or if the speakers are fast one may never be able to distinguish the difference... Dis is jus one out of many differences dt comes as geographical area widens but u can't use such difference to say this areas a distinctly different and it doesn't in any way cancels or deny ur Nri dispersing claims which u r exerting much adrenalin to protect...

Don't be the reason this ikas of Bini origins come here to make mockery of us... Face the facts and leave shadows!
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ogb, why not focus on your Abia state for once. All you do here is to discuss others particularly Anambra. Are you now the on to tell us our history? Anambra does not have anything in common with Imo state not in culture nor language and still do not want to have anything in common with them even now. Why not respect that. If a people so desire to be on their own why not respect that? Focus on your Abia state and discuss how they are related to IMo state and leave us alone.

[s]
B2mario:

He might be a kid of yesterday or those Benin and Yoruba guys that hide under Omanbala to cause division in Igboland. larger area of Orlu division/province was carved out of Onitsha province. The areas initially mentioned were under Orlu division including Nnewi north and south in the old eastern region. If truly he is from the place claims let him go and ask his father who were the Orsu ala mili and where is their location in this present Anambra and Imo state.
The first two states created from the east central state was strictly on population equilibrium. That's why many local governments fall where they are today.
We should be careful of these divisive agents. I've stayed in Orlu, there's no much difference between Orlu zone people and their counterpart in Anambra south senatorial district.
Some people who are disguising to be Igbo will come here and tell you that Anambra is a monolithic state while Nnewi and Awka do not speak the same thing, Umunze and Nzam speak totally different things.
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruggedized1:
Ogb, why not focus on your Abia state for once. All you do here is to discuss others particularly Anambra. Are you now the on to tell us our history? Anambra does not have anything in common with Imo state not in culture nor language and still do not want to have anything in common with them even now. Why not respect that. If a people so desire to be on their own why not respect that? Focus on your Abia state and discuss how they are related to IMo state and leave us alone.

[s][/s]
Look at this bini man, Chino. Swear with your scrotum that you are from Anambra. I did history in my 2nd degree and I am sure of what I am saying. Desist from the harm you are causing to Igbo unity before the gods of our ancestors strike you with heavy thunder.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
The thunder that will destroy you is still doing press-up. Stop distorting history here this i.diot. Go and focus on your Abia state. Stop coming here to tell us our history. I will turn this thread into what you will not like if you cannot mind your Abia state. You are warned.

[s]
B2mario:

Look at this bini man, Chino. Swear with your scrotum that you are from Anambra. I did history in my 2nd degree and I am sure of what I am saying. Desist from the harm you are causing to Igbo unity before the gods of our ancestors strike you with heavy thunder.
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruggedized1:

[s][/s]

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
The thunder that will destroy you is still doing press-up. Stop distorting history here this i.diot. Go and focus on your Abia state. Stop coming here to tell us our history. I will turn this thread into what you will not like if you cannot mind your Abia state. You are warned.

[s]
B2mario:

[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruggedized1:

[s][/s]

lol, already you are a dead man that's waiting for his burial, the thunder has already struke you.

Just swear that you are Igbo you are resorting to cursing. Pls, allow the sons of the soil to discuss their heritage Amadioha strikes you.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ehikwe22: 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Igbos doing what they know how to do best. This is an Ika thread. You guys should run out of this thread. You sniff for any Ika thread to besiege and disrupt it. You guys should desist from this nonsense
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
You and your useless father are already dead. Could you bastard say that you are living? With this your hopeless and useless life. Thunder strike you there for daring to discuss Anambar history. Are you from Anambra? Focus on your dead Abia state and leave us out of it. Useless person like this. Amadioha strike you down there.

[s]
B2mario:

lol, already you are a dead man that's waiting for his burial, the thunder has already struke you.
Just swear that you are Igbo you are resorting to cursing. Pls, allow the sons of the soil to discuss their heritage Amadioha strikes you.
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Chysler(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ruggedized and OMANBALA congrats u guys tried but you failed woefully cos we igbos we know who we are... We are one indivisible Pple bonded by blood, language and culture and above all brotherly love...

Tell your benefactors and sponsors that the adventure they sent u guys on was a fool hardy one and has met a dead end... Igbo will flourish wether in IMO, Anambra, Ebonyi , Enugu,cross river, delta or even Edo... We r one Pple and no Bini illegal immigrant can Arrow our oneness.... Congrats once again cos u failed

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
You don't seems to get the point. Igbo is Igbo from Anambra to Enugu to Imo to Abia to Ebonyi to Asaba etc but the point I am making is that Anambra on it's own is a monolithic state despite being an Igbo state. We still have our uniqueness in culture and language which we would not want any outsider to interfere with. Thank you

Chysler:
Ruggedized and OMANBALA congrats u guys tried but you failed woefully cos we igbos we know who we are... We are one indivisible Pple bonded by blood, language and culture and above all brotherly love...

Tell your benefactors and sponsors that the adventure they sent u guys on was a fool hardy one and has met a dead end... Igbo will flourish wether in IMO, Anambra, Ebonyi , Enugu,cross river, delta or even Edo... We r one Pple and no Bini illegal immigrant can Arrow our oneness.... Congrats once again cos u failed
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Chysler(m): 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruggedized1:
You don't seems to get the point. Igbo is Igbo from Anambra to Enugu to Imo to Abia to Ebonyi to Asaba etc but the point I am making is that Anambra on it's own is a monolithic state despite being an Igbo state. We still have our uniqueness in culture and language which we would not want any outsider to interfere with. Thank you

U failed again cos am an anambrarian and there is nothing so unique about us that makes us more special than other igbos of any extraction.... Keep fooling urself thinking u can divide Pple united by God... U will find out as a loser that u have been boxing a bag of nails... U can only try... Gudluck in ur fool Hardy adventure... Dis will be my last audience to u.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
You are the one deceiving yourself. You just came online to claim Anambra. Keep deceiving yourself.

[s]
Chysler:

U failed again cos am an anambrarian and there is nothing so unique about us that makes us more special than other igbos of any extraction.... Keep fooling urself thinking u can divide Pple united by God... U will find out as a loser that u have been boxing a bag of nails... U can only try... Gudluck in ur fool Hardy adventure... Dis will be my last audience to u.
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Chysler:

I have laid down the rules but it is obvious your skull is impenetrable. Throwing tantrums and trying to disrespect me and my fatherland just to rile me up will not work.
Giving one or two examples is immaterial and does not mean similarity. I judged you based on your uninformed and ignorant statements and as a man you should suck it up and eat the humble pie.
I don't have problem with uniting ndị Igbo for economic advancement but don't attach yourself to other people who have already formed a unit,especially when they are content.
You guys should pay more attention to the image of your state. Omanbala is one indivisible unit and it will remain so.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
Chysler:

Nop, you are not from Anambra and I don't want to hear it again from you. We know one when we see it. And you will not be the first to hide under the guise of "I am from Anambra" to breed division.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are the one deceiving yourself. You just came online to claim Anambra. Keep deceiving yourself.

[s][/s]

He is not from Anambra and I can smell it from many miles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
ehikwe22:
Igbos doing what they know how to do best. This is an Ika thread. You guys should run out of this thread. You sniff for any Ika thread to besiege and disrupt it. You guys should desist from this nonsense

Well, it's not like you have anything sensible to say. Hence, keep quiet.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Abagworo:

Actually its Umuahia and Onitsha dialects spoken free of nasal sounds that makes the basics of Igbo Izugbe. However there's fusion of words from different dialects into spoken central Igbo and it has evolved over time. That claim of Owerri being part of it I'm yet to ascertain because Owerri Igbo is very deviated like Ngwa or Etche and there is no "t" or "s" in it.

Umuahia free of nasal sound? Wonders shall never end. Why do you guys derive joy in telling lies?
IMO state and Abia state dialects have the most nasalized dialects in Igbo land. Igbo Izugbe structure was based on Onicha axis Igbo while the vocabulary was based on central Igbo. Stop misleading people, you old man.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Mar 07, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Umuahia free of nasal sound? Wonders shall never end. Why do you guys derive joy in telling lies?
IMO state and Abia state dialects have the most nasalized dialects in Igbo land. Igbo Izugbe structure was based on Onicha axis Igbo while the vocabulary was based on central Igbo. Stop misleading people, you old man.

Please leave Igbo matters for us to discuss. Some of us are respected titled men in real life that actually know Igbo and live Igbo. All of Igbo except Onitsha is nasal and this includes Ika and Ikwerre but central Igbo is a mix of Onitsha and Umuahia with the nasal aspects removed. Go back to your Igala and stop claiming Igbo when you know nothing about Igbo.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 8:56am On Mar 07, 2017
Imagine this hopeless and useless ikwere old bastard calling someone else a non Igbo. cheesy

Bastard do you know who is your hopeless father till today? I have warned you bastard to desist from discussing issues concerning Anambra language and culture, we have nothing in common with your ordinary Imo state and it stays like that. You can continue to deceive yourself but Anambra is a monolithic state, learn to live it. We have nothing in common with you and your people and it stays that way. Our language and culture are not the same as yours and your people, and it stays that way. Leave Anambra matter alone for once and focus on your useless Imo state where your ikwerre mother prostitute told you that your hopeless father hails from. Stick with that.

[s]
Abagworo:

Please leave Igbo matters for us to discuss. Some of us are respected titled men in real life that actually know Igbo and live Igbo. All of Igbo except Onitsha is nasal and this includes Ika and Ikwerre but central Igbo is a mix of Onitsha and Umuahia with the nasal aspects removed. Go back to your Igala and stop claiming Igbo when you know nothing about Igbo.
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2017
Nwanne, do not try to patronize anyone, we Anambrans do not have anything in common with any part of Imo state and that is what matters. We don't have anything in common with them both in language and culture. We don't marry from their state as we consider it sacrilegious. This is sacrosanct and it stays that way. We don't want people that will come with their evil and contaminate our decent culture and lanuage.

OMANBALA1:

I don't hate ndị Imo but I have come across a lot of ndị Imo that resent Omanbala people but it's ok, it doesn't bother me that much. Now, I know the towns of Anambra that bother Imo State, especially, Uli, Orsumoghu etc. These border towns have a lot of similarities due to their closeness but Chysler is talking about Ekwulobia an Aguata town with a very distinct dialect, same as Nanka, Aguluzoigbo... Dude is nothing but ignorant and he is proud of it. And he also dragged Nnewi into that. I know Nnewi uses some Imo - like vocabularies but you can spot an Nnewi man when they speak, you can't mistake them. Also Unubi, Amichi, Ụtụ, Orsumenyi etc. I know Orsu local government in Imo has some relationships with Anambra border towns but these guys on our side leans more to Anambraic culture than the other side. Come to think of it, it's very clear the pattern of migration went from north to south not the other way.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 9:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Onitsha was the official Igbo language that was used to write the original Bible by the Europeans. Imo state language language particularly is nasalized, nauseating and sounds terrible in the ear. That was why I told you that we have nothing in common with these people. Onitsha Igbo language up to Awka axis was the only Igbo language recognized by the Europeans and most of the books including Bible was written in Onitsha Igbo language.

OMANBALA1:

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2017
OMANBALA1:

I have laid down the rules but it is obvious your skull is impenetrable. Throwing tantrums and trying to disrespect me and my fatherland just to rile me up will not work.
Giving one or two examples is immaterial and does not mean similarity. I judged you based on your uninformed and ignorant statements and as a man you should suck it up and eat the humble pie.
I don't have problem with uniting ndị Igbo for economic advancement but don't attach yourself to other people who have already formed a unit,especially when they are content.
You guys should pay more attention to the image of your state. Omanbala is one indivisible unit and it will remain so.

Look at this one, what are you saying? must you put a dot under your I to make it looks more Igbo. From your comments and writing I can tell you that you are not Igbo. You don't know anything about Igboland so desist from this rubbish you are saying here. O wuru na I jighi okwu gi echere ka ndi nwe ala kpa ihe diri ha.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2017
ehikwe22:
How sure are you that they are Igbo at the 1st place?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Hmmmm, see rubbish. Oga are you from where sef? what is Igbo izugbe if I may ask
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by B2mario(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Pls we need to be checking these touts that come on NL forums with divisive tendencies to cause harm to Igbo unity. This thing is becoming too much. I'm sure these must be binis and Yorubas.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ehikwe22: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
B2mario:

How sure are you that they are Igbo at the 1st place?
I don't care now. This is strictly an Ika thread. Please you guys are not welcome here. Anybody with Igbo agenda should look for an Igbo thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Laughs So Hard As He Attends A Wedding In Abuja (Photos) / How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.