Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Omosexy Returns With Second Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Omosexy Returns With Second Album (6135 Views)

Omotola Jalade's Second Album To Be In Market By December / Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection / Timaya's First Or Second Album? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2010
Omosexy returns with second album

Saturday, February 27, 2010
If you think her entry into professional music was a gamble and Gba – her debut album, a fluke, think again. Nollywood’s beauty and screen diva, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has decided to reiterate her commitment to music by releasing a thirteen-track album tentatively titled ‘Feel Alright’.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/27/vanguard/images/omotola1[1].jpg[/img]
Omotola , ready to drop new album

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/27/307.html

This follow up album is coming after five years of musical silence (her debut album was released 2005).

The sexy mother of four, has teamed up with a group of professionals including, singer and guitarist Harrisong- who doubles as her voice coach, producer DelB and singer cum producer Paul PlayDairo, to produce, mix and master her sophomore album which consists songs divisible into the Pop and Rock genres.

And unlike Gba which was targeted at commercial success, Omosexy says ‘Feel Alright’ is a different kind of project.

“The songs (in her new album) are not the type that’ll become popular easily. They are songs deliberately written to send out particular messages. The focus is not to get attention”, she said in a telephone chat. Ask her who writes her songs and she says, “I write them myself except for the parts where I featured other persons”

Some of the tracks contained in the coming album are Feel Alright, Get Busy, Harmony, Through the Fire and Barren Land. Barren Land was specially written for the United Nations to address food crisis in affected countries.

Already the lead track titled Feel Alright is receiving air play and a second single will be joining it on radio in the first week in March, says the actress turned singer and songwriter.

Rights to her debut album were sold to Sound Factory- a music-oriented company which operates in Nigeria and the United Kingdom- for a sum she wouldn’t disclose but ‘enough to reward my hard work’. It was a three-year agreement. The album, according to the singer ‘was one of the best deals in 20005’ and sold ‘over a million copies’.

Omotola does not plan to sell out her new work. Now she’s interested in the music business and how it works especially in Nigeria. As it is now, the singer is talking to certain international music companies and a few Nigerian fellas on the commercial details of the new album, she further revealed. Feel Alright is expected to drop in May, ‘by God’s grace’.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hope she's learnt her lesson and gone for singing classes. Hope she has improved coz theres no room for dummy now.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 1:04am On Mar 01, 2010
Grab your copy now. It's only $14.99c.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 1:08am On Mar 01, 2010
LOL!!! what crap.
she had a first album? for where? shocked
OMG!!! PLEASE STICK TO ACTING, HER SINGING IS HORRID!!!
if you can't sing, no amount of sining lessons will do such. or is her voice gonna be some fake altered crap in the studio? probably.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by KennyG6(m): 1:13am On Mar 01, 2010
if her debut album was anything to go by, she has no hope of making it as a singer at all, she hardly sang in that album just got a bunch of men to dance and wore that horrible coat,
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 2:34am On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

LOL!!! what crap.
she had a first album? for where?  shocked
if you can't sing, no amount of sining lessons will do such. or is her voice gonna be some fake altered crap in the studio? probably.

Grab your copy now. It's only $14.99. wink wink wink

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuvGEaUFfwU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 2:37am On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 2:46am On Mar 01, 2010
^^^
do you think you're funny? where is the punch line? and this is relevant, how?
undecided
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 2:47am On Mar 01, 2010
anyway. funny thing is i know the whole step to that "phineas" dance.
im pretty good too. cool
i enjoy soukous.
but *clears throat* back to topic.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by chiogo(f): 2:48am On Mar 01, 2010
She had a first album? I'm lost.

Well, whatever. Def. won't be copping that. cheesy
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by chic2pimp(m): 3:40am On Mar 01, 2010
These Nollywood Nitwits do take themselves seriously, don't they? undecided

Omotola and Album LMAOOOOOOOOOO grin grin
Again LMCAOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by Genuflect(m): 5:32am On Mar 01, 2010
These Nolly broads no dey learn? She wants to embarrass herself a second time
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by aieromon(m): 6:07am On Mar 01, 2010
Rubbish.
She might be a diva in her bathroom and infront of her family but out here,she's TOTALLY crap.
Absolute rubbish.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 7:13am On Mar 01, 2010
aieromon:

Rubbish.
She might be a diva in her bathroom and infront of her family but out here,she's TOTALLY crap.
Absolute rubbish.

You've not heard the album yet and it's rubbish?
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by semid4lyfe(m): 7:16am On Mar 01, 2010
Silly woman. . .jack of all trades, master of none! I'm surprised this news wasn't broken by naliakar.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2010
we know she can't sing and all her past songs have been rubbish.
therefore we don't want to hear them cause we know she is talentless in that department.
so i say, ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

we know she can't sing and all her past songs have been rubbish.
therefore we don't want to hear them cause we know she is talentless in that department.
so i say, ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

GAWD, this is the first nairaland female hater i have seen.

THE AMAKA:

LOL!!! what crap.
she had a first album? for where?  Shocked

bad mouthing, hating on a fellow female,  hatred in your hot blood.
  how are u going to raise our children wit this kind of hating heart. ?  omotola is sexy dont hate ,,,appreciate !. oooops. make i run for ''The amaka''  o b4 she wake up. grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 9:01am On Mar 01, 2010
oh so because im a female there is a problem? what about all the males that disessed her?
OH WAIT!! its cause im a female.
"feel alright" and that song with rugged man.
IT'S HORRIBLE!! and if you like it, you obviously need your ears checked.
we can agree to disagree, how about that.
who send you? naliakar?

anyway looking up her crappy song "feel alright" to post here, i came across the official video that came out about 2 days ago
anyway the song is still whack. she should have left it ALONE TO DIE!!!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgxPC8ZQ2UA[/flash]
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 9:07am On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

oh so because im a female there is a problem? what about all the males that disessed her?
OH WAIT!! its cause im a female.
"feel alright" and that song with rugged man.
IT'S HORRIBLE!! and if you like it, you obviously need your ears checked.
we can agree to disagree, how about that.
who send you? naliakar?

Gosh she was woken up already , make i run for iya mi oshoromoniga. grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2010
no come back!!!
I'm the first NL female hater because i don't like trash? or what? because we all know she can't sing, so whats the use lying? because she is a female? or. . . YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT JARE!!!
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 9:31am On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

no come back!!!
I'm the first NL female hater because i don't like trash? or what? because we all know she can't sing, so whats the use lying? because she is a female? or. . . YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT JARE!!!

nah , i was trying to get ur attention, its been long i got on ur nairaland nerves grin grin kiss kiss
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by AloyEmeka5: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Silly woman. . .jack of all trades, master of none! I'm surprised this news wasn't broken by naliakar.

Why call her silly because she tries to entertain you with her new music?. The autotune bug that has infected them in Nigeria will surely help her out here so there will not be any singing impediment from her side. The inside gist I heard is the song sounds like Beyonce's baby boy. Somehow, Omotoloa is Nigeria's Beyonce.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by Genuflect(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2010
Aloy, how much did Omotola pay you? How person go say this one na Nigerian Beyonce? LWKMD!!!
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by badman(m): 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2010
how can this feel alright be tagged wack? that track is ok jo!
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2010
badman:

how can this feel alright be tagged wack? that track is ok jo!

i wonder o badman ,,,,, some people dont have ears for music, how can anyone call this wack ?? considering the fact that omosexy is not a musician by training , she doesnt even know what music theory is and she did this level of music ??
haba! make una appreciate the pretty girl jare.nairalanders sef. grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by eldee(m): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
Funny thing is, I got the first album and it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

She had a few songs where she was off-key, but in the collabos, she was as good as anyone else.
Naija Lowa was a club-banger . . . y'all need to judge her as you would the average artiste and not as an actress-cum musician.

Production was great, her voice was autotuned so it sounded okay and the songwriting was as good as that of any Nigerian artiste.
She's not a Whitney Houston, but then . . . how many Nigerian chics can actually belt a good note??

She's a legend at what she does and her verstility just makes her more attractive.
Her dancing on the Nigerian version of Strictly Come Dancing was okay too.

She's Nigeria's very own Jay-Lo, and no I'm not talking bout that ass grin grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by aieromon(m): 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You've not heard the album yet and it's rubbish?

The idea's CRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP therefore i expect the final product to be absolute CRRRAAAAAPPPPP.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by ulua(f): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2010
the "feel alright" song/video is ok, its better than so many wack songs we've been hearing lately, omotola had so much energy in the video and she also looks very beautiful, kudoos to her
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2010
ulua:

the "feel alright" song/video is ok, its better than so many wack songs we've been hearing lately, omotola had so much energy in the video and she also looks very beautiful, kudoos to her

Thank you o my sister , God will bless u and me too o, Amen.!
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2010
wengewenge:

i wonder o badman ,,,,, some people dont have ears for music, how can anyone call this wack ?? considering the fact that omosexy is not a musician by training , she doesnt even know what music theory is and she did this level of music ??
haba! make una appreciate the pretty girl jare.nairalanders sef. grin
**shakes head** whack.
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by wengewenge: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

**shakes head** whack.

MAY haters remain haters for life,. may appreciators always be appreciated in their lives. amen.! grin
Re: Omosexy Returns With Second Album by THEAMAKA(f): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2010
YESSS OOOO!!!
tomorrow I'm a hater if i don't like Mr Ibu's album, Nkem Owoh, Jim Iyke nko
lolol yes that makes me the biggest hater. *rolls eyes*  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usher Raymond Is The Greatest Rnb Artist In History / DOWNLOAD: H.E.R - Damage • Mp3 / Most Wanted Old Nigerian Video Songs-take A Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.