Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

“some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin (24075 Views)

Joro Olumofin: 20 Things A Guy Shouldn't Do Or Ask When He Meets A Lady / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
Issue of Biafra and recession and we are talkin about romance?
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by shinarlaura(f): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
It's all about preference. There are Nigerian ladies who still prefer flowers over some Iphones. Secondly, I thought he's a relationship expert and for that was meant to know that flowers/postcards don't sell in our clime.

Exactly
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
shinarlaura:

Exactly
People are romantic in different ways.

I'm kind of disappointed in him sha.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by falconey(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
It's all about preference. There are Nigerian ladies who still prefer flowers over some Iphones. Secondly, I thought he's a relationship expert and for that was meant to know that flowers/postcards don't sell in our clime.

Preference? it's romance not shopping. Besides he's funding the gesture, why can't you let it come from his heart to express his love?
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Mrwealth933: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
kennygee:
I scored 5 over 6!

Flowers will wither and die but my belly will be full.

I hate IPhones

I cherish cards, I have all the cards I've ever gotten in my life.

I love getaways

I love some peace and quiet, I'll pick a picnic over the noise and meaningless chatter in a club.

You must be from Nicaragua ��
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mrwealth933:

You must be from Nicaragua ��

Doesn't mean I'm romantic.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
People are romantic in different ways.

I'm kind of disappointed in him sha.
Which other non-financial ways?

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:
4 .A beautiful Painting of yourself Vs a Designer Bag or Shoe

5 .iPhone Vs Candle light dinner with violin or piano serenade.. which would you choose ?

They will definitely choose iPhone and designer bag or shoe,AWON OLOSHO GBOGBO!!!!!!

which would you choose?
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by larrytorch(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
ok
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:

Preference? it's romance not shopping. Besides he's funding the gesture, why can't you let it come from his heart to express his love?
I for one don't have a problem with how a man choose to express his love but in a situation where an open check is given, let your spouse's choice be the basis you would act on. If she chooses shopping over an all expenses paid trip then it's her choice and perhaps love language. What matters most is that both parties are pleased with each other.

Romance isn't shopping 'cause I could categorically state that those of you who're lacking financially are of the opinion that romance/relationship is equivalent to shopping. When you find someone you love and such feeling is reciprocated, you may or maynot spend. It depends.

2 Likes

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by childrenday15(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
U garrit bro.. But u refused to indicate "9ja" ladies .The white folks still cherish those gestures than material things. May God purify our land, a vitalised economy with 90% working youths will reduce ladies mindset of seeing guys as ATM

3 Likes

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
elfmann:

Which other non-financial ways?
The flower you intend giving, won't you spend money in purchasing that?.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by olowobaba10: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
THIS POST IS TOO CHILDISH

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by olowobaba10: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
D
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Akinaukwa: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nos. 4?? iPhone Vs Candle light dinner with violin or piano serenade.. which would you choose ? and 6?? A beautiful Painting of yourself Vs a Designer Bag or Shoe got me laughing. Which naija lady will want to waste her time listening to your old-fashioned violin abi piano session when she is busy dreaming of getting the latest iphone. Who picture epp in place of designer Bag or shoe. Bros. millennium naija ladies will prefer to score 0 percent here oh!

2 Likes

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by falconey(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

which would you choose?

I'm a guy, I won't be in that position.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Denery143(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
celebsnestblawg:

Relationship expert, Joro Olumofin has published a new article that talks about how Nigerian Ladies have killed romance.

According to Joro, we are in the era where the show of money equals to romance.

Read what he wrote below;

“What am I doing with a flower? Can I eat it or plant it ?” Some Nigerian ladies have killed Romance; this has led to fewer Relationships, lack of self-worth, increase in one night stands and body counts. – Joro Olumofin

Romance is very key in relationships, a proper romantic gesture from the Heart shows how a man or woman Truly feels about his significant other. In Nigeria today, because of the economy, misinformation, backward mentality in both men and women Romance is meant to be a show of Money. No money , No Romance.

Ladies be honest with yourselves in answering. let’s do a quick survey.

1?? Flowers VS Pizza & Cold stone. Which would you choose ?

2?? 4 Birthday Romantic cards VS N4,000 recharge cards.. which would you choose ?

3??Picnic in Alausa Park with sandwiches &juice VS Drinks at Quilox / Sip with small chops.. which would you choose ?

4?? iPhone Vs Candle light dinner with violin or piano serenade.. which would you choose ?

5?? N200, 000 Vs A trip to Obudu cattle ranch.

6?? A beautiful Painting of yourself Vs a Designer Bag or Shoe

If you scored less than 4 / 6 in this survey, I’m sorry you’re materialistic and romantic gestures are secondary to you which is a major problem.

Nigerian ladies are guilty of this because of peer pressures and competition, a young man wrote me last week to complain that his girlfriend asked him for a new phone, he asked her if her phone was bad she said why are you asking me questions my daddy will ask me? Just be “romantic” and buy the phone.

Ladies if your phone is not faulty why embark on a race to buy a new one in the process reducing your Wife material and diminishing your Persona.

It’s so sad that romance is dead in our generation. Flowers and cards don’t mean anything anymore. Love is now synonymous with Money, Food, and Bags.

A proper romantic gesture will follow you for life while a material gesture will fade in time. Ladies please start receiving and demanding for flowers again.

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/nigerian-ladies-killed-romance-relationship-expert-joro-olumofin/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
God Ds Article 2 Mke Sense, Jst wah I Tlk Abt Everyday Wif Pple Buh Dem Wn Chop Me Raw. D Truth Hs 2 B Tld, 9Ja Ladies, Gals Dne kill relationship romance. Tnk u.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by falconey(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
I for one don't have a problem with how a man choose to express his love but in a situation where an open check is given, let your spouse's choice be the basis you would act on. If she chooses shopping over an all expenses paid trip then it's her choice and perhaps love language. What matters most is that both parties are pleased with each other.

Romance isn't shopping 'cause I could categorically state that those of you who're lacking financially are of the opinion that romance/relationship is equivalent to shopping. When you find someone you love and such feeling is reciprocated, you may or maynot spend. It depends.

When next you are replying, don't use "you" to validate your premise unless of course you are dissing the opposition. You know no one's financial status here, If you're as smart as I thought, you would know People aren't what they portray online.

2 Likes

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Bizibi(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yea,romance is long dead,honestly I'm tired of coming across em......if there is recession in your life end the relationship or give it a break,they only think of the present.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by tamilore1990(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Not all ladies are like dat(some don't even know how to eat dat so call pizza)give them flowers dey will appreciate it

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Denery143(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
TINALETC3:
Guys ar 2 blame sometimes, I hv met a guy who after chasing me for months later sed even if I dnt like hm, I shud at least like his money and gifts, If I decide to follow hm, of course, I wud prefer iPhone 20 to flowers cool
Wow finally u hve no discipline nd principle, evn if u fink u tuff u cn still b trappd
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:

When next you are replying, don't use "you" to validate your premise unless of course you are dissing the opposition. You know no one financial status here, If you're as smart as I thought, you would know People aren't what they portray online.
I used myself 'cause I'm a girl, and know there are girls who think as I do or better. You have a problem with that?, I used that to buttress my point. Secondly, I know the personalities we banter words with aren't what they really portray offline, and indeed, people who're financially unstable complain too much over things that're irrelevant.

How would you have a relationship you're preaching "Love" and you can't spend on your spouse?.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Deflorence(f): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hmmmmm, coming from a guy.
What will tell guys that thinks romance is all about display of money to their spouse without any affection?.

Ladies do most things so that they wont be labelled CHEAP.

Guys killed Romance since 1990's
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Franklinben7: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Very true, it's a pity for dis generation
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
The flower you intend giving, won't you spend money in purchasing that?.
That shldnt be ur worry.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Maxvasia(m): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
But the issue of Biafra and recession are not found in Romance section. Yet u r here. tongue
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by IamLEGEND1: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by falconey(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
I used myself 'cause I'm a girl, and know there are girls who think as I do or better. You have a problem with that?, I used that to buttress my point. Secondly, I know the personalities we banter words with aren't what they really portray offline, and indeed, people who're financially unstable complain too much over things that're irrelevant.

How would you have a relationship you're preaching "Love" and you can't spend on your spouse?.

I assimilated every word of yours, just that I don't appreciate the sexist remarks I decoded. Since I didn't sense any in this I will reply.

Hypocrisy is in the air, women are known to be highly emotional and drawn by utmost affection. however, when a lady chooses iPhone over romantic dinner that's completely practical of her which is unusual cus that's a guy's gesture. Funny how same set of girls would say " he isn't romantic" when she chooses her needs over romance. lol

Who are we kidding? I must say it's unrealistic cus lot of guys won't give ladies the opportunity to choose, romantic occurrences as I know happen as a surprise, After meeting her basic needs.

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by optimus09: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by optimus09: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
[1quote author=TINALETC3 post=60580541]Guys ar 2 blame sometimes, I hv met a guy who after chasing me for months later sed even if I dnt like hm, I shud at least like his money and gifts, If I decide to follow hm, of course, I wud prefer iPhone 20 to flowers cool[/quote]

Chasing you for months?are you temple run ? grin He knows the language every lady wanna hear.Gifts and money is soooo romantic to a Nigerian lady and there goes the everlasting love i a rose flower to the goats.I tire.A simple guy with a simple gesture and true feelings without money is like a car without side mirrors on an expressway to most of ya.slay queens ,slaymamas, slay dragons grin everywhere with fake eyelashes ,fake hair ,wonderbras and you still want a sophisticated guy.Oga!!!time will tell soon tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Do I Hookup With Clean Sex Worker / I Dated My Girlfriend For 2yrs Not Knowing She Was Already Engaged To....... / Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.