Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

“some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin (24073 Views)

Joro Olumofin: 20 Things A Guy Shouldn't Do Or Ask When He Meets A Lady / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by MzDeeb(f): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ladies be honest with yourselves in answering. let’s do a quick survey.

1?? Flowers VS Pizza & Cold stone. Which would you choose ? Pizza & Cold stone.

2?? 4 Birthday Romantic cards VS N4,000 recharge cards.. which would you choose ? 4 Birthday Romantic cards

3??Picnic in Alausa Park with sandwiches &juice VS Drinks at Quilox / Sip with small chops.. which would you choose ? Picnic in Alausa Park with [/b]sandwiches &juice

4?? [b]iPhone Vs Candle light dinner with violin or piano serenade.. which would you choose ?
iPhone

5?? N200, 000 Vs A trip to Obudu cattle ranch. A trip to Obudu cattle ranch.

6?? A beautiful Painting of yourself Vs a Designer Bag or Shoe A beautiful Painting of yourself

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Mavor: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
shinarlaura:

Exactly
try tropical flowers like hibiscus angry
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:

I'm a guy, I won't be in that position.

Okay, let's agree that you wouldn't be put in that position. Just apply your sense of judgement for sport then: an iPhone or a candle lit dinner? a painting of you or designer shoes?

honestly.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Mavor: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
kennygee:
I scored 5 over 6!

Flowers will wither and die but my belly will be full.

I hate IPhones

I cherish cards, I have all the cards I've ever gotten in my life.

I love getaways

I love some peace and quiet, I'll pick a picnic over the noise and meaningless chatter in a club.

ayam wife hunting ooo cool
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by hechno(m): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
The writer actually makes sense.....slay queens slaying around.
..No slay queen ought to be pitied by any guy.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by donqx: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
correct
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by falconey(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Okay, let's agree that you wouldn't be put in that position. Just apply your sense of judgement for sport then: an iPhone or a candle lit dinner? a painting of you or designer shoes?

honestly.

I'm a dude , you should have decipher from that, you know what I would choose. Women on the other hand are emotional beings known to choose otherwise cus it's a way since beginning of time men connect and express affection to them. What men would see as simple and meaningless would mean so much to them.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Perfectionist11: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
So spot on. ...Ladies are gonna try to defend themselves against this & claim that guys who prefer romantic gestures are probably "broke"...but the truth is: if you wanna enjoy any romantic relationship with a Nigerian lady....choose those that are from a financially buoyant background, or are independent financially cause they tend to appreciate the simple things...I attend a private uni...so, I know.

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by blackfase(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nope, it actually sank with Jack and the Titanic cheesy

Frexixi:
Romance died with Romeo and Juliet
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=IamLEGEND1 post=60582257][/quote]Are you alright

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Maxvasia:
But the issue of Biafra and recession are not found in Romance section. Yet u r here. tongue
This is my section. I didn't bother to read the epistle sef
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
hechno:
The writer actually makes sense.....slay queens slaying around.

..No slay queen ought to be pitied by any guy.
We have sensible slay queens though
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by CHARLOE(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
TINALETC3:
Guys ar 2 blame sometimes, I hv met a guy who after chasing me for months later sed even if I dnt like hm, I shud at least like his money and gifts, If I decide to follow hm, of course, I wud prefer iPhone 20 to flowers cool
Why collect his money n gifts when u don't like him? Material girl!
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Amosjaj:
That's what I told my bi***h when she refused to give me...

Refused to give you what ni? Her family will be proud of her for refusing to give you.

1 Like

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Maxvasia(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
This is my section. I didn't bother to read the epistle sef
Lol. Dunno what to do with u grin
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Amosjaj(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

Refused to give you what ni? Her family will be proud of her for refusing to give you.

That tin tongue
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Maxvasia:
Lol. Dunno what to do with u grin
Cele?
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by shinarlaura(f): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mavor:
try tropical flowers like hibiscus angry

Lol... not that kind na
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by ajimega: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:
4 .A beautiful Painting of yourself Vs a Designer Bag or Shoe

5 .iPhone Vs Candle light dinner with violin or piano serenade.. which would you choose ?

They will definitely choose iPhone and designer bag or shoe,AWON OLOSHO GBOGBO!!!!!!
We aren't olosho, we are not just foolish
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by ajimega: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
If you call ladies olosho for being smart then na una sabi
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
falconey:

I assimilated every word of yours, just that I don't appreciate the sexist remarks I decoded. Since I didn't sense any in this I will reply.

Hypocrisy is in the air, women are known to be highly emotional and drawn by utmost affection. however, when a lady chooses iPhone over romantic dinner that's completely practical of her which is unusual cus that's a guy's gesture. Funny how same set of girls would say " he isn't romantic" when she chooses her needs over romance. lol

Who are we kidding? I must say it's unrealistic cus lot of guys won't give ladies the opportunity to choose, romantic occurrences as I know happen as a surprise, After meeting her basic needs.

Meeting a girl's needs are also part of romantic gestures. It's not limited to dinner and flowers. And for a guy to do that, obviously no girl will say "He isn't romantic". I remember using an open check in my initial post 'cause it gives one the opportunity to either choose A or B which all come off as surprises so it's very realistic!.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Mavor: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
shinarlaura:

Lol... not that kind na
it's the intent that counts. going into the bush, facing off hyenas, lions and vipers. to dig up that hibiscus for you. undecided
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by itsmeurLady(f): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
I just came here to correct wat the OP sed... joro is not a relationship expert, he's not yet qualified for that title
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
Secondly, I thought he's a relationship expert and for that was meant to know that flowers/postcards don't sell in our clime.

Exactly what he is pointing out. Me come thought say you read the post.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by ImaIma1(f): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
I love romance cheesy. This post reminds me of my dating days. I loved picnics...i took my bf for a surprise picnic to celebrate his birthday.
I loved cards especially handmade cards and hand written letters wink.
I cried when he gave me a cd with a compilation of my favourite songs as a birthday gift.I would rather take a trip than money and romantic dinner over a phone.
Truth is if the guy can afford to take me on a trip,etc, if i need money or a phone, it won't be a big deal wink
I like flowers but i think i wouldn't mind pizza to go with. Am not an icecream fan whether coldstone or hotsand.

For me,spending money on experiences makes me happier than spending money on material things

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by tivta(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
It's all about preference. There are Nigerian ladies who still prefer flowers over some Iphones. Secondly, I thought he's a relationship expert and for that was meant to know that flowers/postcards don't sell in our clime.

So your grandfather spoilt his wife with expensive things in the name of romance abi? Come how old are you sef?
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Maxvasia(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Cele?
i dnt get
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
tivta:

So your grandfather spoilt his wife with expensive things in the name of romance abi? Come how old are you sef?
And you think you asked a reasonable question that worth my reply?.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Adaumunocha(f): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Maxvasia:
i dnt get
Nevermind
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Ifedith(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
janellemonae:
Well, good thing he said some.

Not all ladies are in a competition or rat race. A lot of these girls dt demand all these things are actually from hungry homes. Most rich girls, dont.
Most rich girls won't even listen to a broke, romantic, loving, godly nigga. Same money issue
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by solexybaba(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
He nailed it.so impressed wt d piece.exactly wot am going tru.
Re: “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin by Gerrard59(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
He's mentioning flowers and cards. Well, our definition of romance as Africans is vastly different from how Caucasians see it.

Culture to an extent influences romance, our culture is materially driven. So will our definition of romance be. Moreover, every woman loves comfort and offering that comfort in an economy as ours cannot be rejected because someone sees flowers as romantic gifts.

The economy has to be revamped before Nigerian women begin to see flowers as romantic gifts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Dated My Girlfriend For 2yrs Not Knowing She Was Already Engaged To....... / Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift / Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.