Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39630 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by baike: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers
in novena university
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by jamalnation(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
oh
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by tolustx(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
booked.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by mrbillz(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan o
She don splash sef no be only spill [color=#000099][/color]
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by johnnyholtby(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Igi odo spotted btw i think school ain't your calling..try something different like... ermmmm..ionno just something else angry grin kiss
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Michealforever: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 Carry Overs?

How did she gain admission in the first place.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by voyy: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

wic school is she?
u can inbox me
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
All she needs is work and read extra hard for those courses..since she's still in the system. .no party. .no play..if she puts in more effort, she can cover those courses before graduation. .after all final year workload is usually not much ..if she didn't meet up. .the excuse of missing script will help..but she should open up if the options don't work. .kpatakpata they will shout ..make we no hear say person commit suicide cos of fear

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
pls drop out school aint 4u.

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by XVIER(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Who cares about the grade when you have connections?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by olagamalin(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
First things first ...you need to own up to yourself and the World at large ....that there's no friend anywhere but YOU. Denial won't help at this stage.

While you've settled that .... Kindly find the logout button on the site and click on it .... There are many options open to you, but constantly jisting and refreshing this thread won't help your cause.

Now sit down ...and sober reflect on your life thus far. What is it you want exactly? .... What is your calling?.... What do you have passion for?.... Where do you derive happiness??

Dwell on this ...and channel your positive thoughts towards it. Cos no one can give you the perfect answer you seek but yourself

If it's Nairaland that gives you happiness. Kindly log back in and let's continue jisting.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by sleekyskillz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

its simple,she shuld just go n block...
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by columbus007(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
See their no need to continue again,make she go learn tailoring,Wat a waste of money so far sad
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Coolcash1: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by voyy: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:

in novena university

lolz ... hope u ve cleared it
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by DeltahArmy(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
So she wants to carry the whole school on her head abi??
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by dabossman(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 carryovers is quite a lot. An extra year in itself is not a death sentence. I know someone who decided to do an extra year rather than have the one course he carried over waived, simply so he could graduate with a 2.1 instead of 2.2. Many folks thought he was crazy, but he graduated with his 2.1.

But this your case, I don't know what to say. How are we sure this sister will still pass all the 10 courses?

P.S: An extra year is not a death sentence. Don't do anything stupid.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by johnnyholtby(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:

in novena university
mogbe ooo... another igi odo spotted..bros or ma...you no get sense

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by ikp120(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44
Lagos Lagoon? shocked

Kilonshele nigga undecided

Ask her to donate herself for money rituals na. That should earn her a place in the heart of men and women who will be living in Banana Island courtesy of her benevolence. grin grin
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Adaumunocha(f): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 F9? Never had F9 in any of my courses throughout my undergraduate day in Oba Awon uni... And that uni tough eh. Banking and finance hard pass economics self. She should go write another jamb or marry.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by canalily(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Just try and increase it to twenty before you go NYSCangry

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Adaumunocha(f): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:

in novena university
In a private university!!! Hope you destroyed the village witches responsible? Lol
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by ayamprecious: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

I don't want to believe you.

Or
Is it that u move with unfortunate people or what

You just created this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4058203/brothers-wife-never-said-sorry

N the one-we are reading, how come u Are associated with problems

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by mytym1: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Let her rewrite those courses she can still make if she's serious
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Badgers14: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

10 carryovers in her final year Wow. That's quite a record.

How did it happen Was she sick and missed out on the tests and exams The excuse of economics and bank fin is just no good enough. There's gotta be a reason why this happened. Did her boy friend break up with her Was she going through emotional distress

There's gotta be a root cause.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Adaumunocha(f): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Kobicove:
She knew she had so many people with vested interest in her education yet she went and spent her time playing in school...

It's her cross, let her carry it! undecided
Probably cohabiting with one guy

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by dominique(f): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
I don't think she would have done any better in banking and finance department, she's just not cut out for academics. She must come clean to her family and tell them about her extra year. Once she comes to reality about the extra year, she should focus her mind on getting good grades. She can achieve a lot with determination and focus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Joephat(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2017

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Bigsteveg(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44
I was actually commending you until I read the 4th point and am like; what kind of fish brain is this person carrying about Lord.
The Lord will help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by vic4real22: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
unfortunately that 10 carry over is too much, but never the less dont give up in pursuing ur dream ok? u can as well go back and write ur carry over again. i see the dried bone rising up again in ur case.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by figure007(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
You are already a spill over student.. . What type of question are you asking here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / WAEC Results: Musa Salmanu Got All As / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.