Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39696 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=sammugbes post=60589503][/quote]

linus
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by BALLOSKI: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
lol! Are you sure you're not the one and pretending it's your friend?

10 biscuits, how did it happen in her final year, did she miss all her exams? How many courses did she do in her final year?

So many info missing...

Tell her to focus, register the course again and do them...not minding what her parents would say or do.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by asawanathegreat(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Is a pity I will not show my children dis news so that they will not be like u anti. Go and study hard and face ur extra year is a challenge 4 u.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by charlesluthor(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by phranq30(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 carry overs? Aunty, go learn work
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by jayjayjajoe: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
mayb na u self nobi ur frnd tlk true anty
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Joephat(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
How dark is your soul?

Ada NNE ke ihe choro ka m me?

She chose to enjoy while others are busy chasing their future.

I had a course mate like her, she only shows up during exam n during lectures, she will go n stay with her boyfriend.

Luckily to her, she got just one E in our first semester and failed other courses..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Mekanus(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
She doesn't need a prophet to tell her to prepare for another jamb or go learn a skill.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
NaijaElba:

Let's stop this trend of my friend my friend....why can't your friend bring her case to NL. ..why are you her mouth piece....why won't you or your friend have carry over when you won't stop slaying or whatever u call it? How many hours do you read in a day? Meanwhile u spend all your time on social medial looking for what is not lost. I have no comment than to advise u to register for your carry over courses again.

E fit be say dem mould EBA for her friend Brain. undecided angry

Wtf ? 10 carryovers. Wetin she dey do since wey she no write am ? undecided angry
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
dabossman:
10 carryovers is quite a lot. An extra year in itself is not a death sentence. I know someone who decided to do an extra year rather than have the one course he carried over waived, simply so he could graduate with a 2.1 instead of 2.2. Many folks thought he was crazy, but he graduated with his 2.1.

But this your case, I don't know what to say. How are we sure this sister will still pass all the 10 courses?

P.S: An extra year is not a death sentence. Don't do anything stupid.

story teller shebi we no go sch abi, beside which sch? stop believing fables dey tell u. if he had a strong 2.1 dat would not shake his result one bit. beside which sch and i guess its Uniben, if u score less dan d pass mark and do d carry over u scores will still be divided by that course unit.

cos if d unit is 2 and u fail it d next yr it will b 2*0=0, guy y u fall for dat scam of a story. if he dey strong 2.1 nothing go make am turn 3.5 sef, except d guy dey 3.5.... on d dot n d next yr go affect am too.so d guy no tell u d story well n if its uniben i know d guy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by iannathan(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waitng for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
She's not a slayqueen, she's no Sabi book.. hmm. it's a lose-lose situation..
Tell her not to sha do something crazy like suicide.. God be with us All.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Ronnicute(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Let her brace up and write d carryovers. God is with her!
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by NovusHomo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

What? Ten carry-overs in her final year?! She should withdraw now. That way she will at least save herself the embarrassment of total failure, for that seems to be where she is headed. By the way, if she is not a "slay queen" is she a "Runner"? Or, what has she been doing all these years?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Tunagee(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

Omo na wa o! Maybe na cultist wife for school! U know bird of same feather flock together. She should just forget it and go look for one stupid man to marry; then look for business she can do. After all, graduates with first class and masters self dey teach for local primary schools.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Antoeni(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sleep with all lecturers , if dt fails, skill acquisition will not fail, tailoring or hair dressing
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Beedude(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hakeem12:
Yeah fact. But here in Nigeria, people tend to look down on those that aren't educated. They attribute success to education too much.
I understand u. But it also depends on how u present urself. That u are half educated doesn't mean u should lack self esteem. The only problem is not going to school and not also creative or dull. If u are creative and with half education ,even if someone look down on u, in as much as he isn't feeding nor clothing u my bro such person can jump into the lagoon. Remember Tuface didn't finish school, his talent made him what he is today. Even some PhD holders can't stand near him. I also have a friend that was adviced to withdraw when we were in school and discovered himself. Ventured into cinematography. He's shooting musical videos in and outside Nigeria. Those of us that graduate couldn't even get a well paying job then. Presently I can't force any of my children into university education. Neymar is hitting millions weekly now and he didn't attend university . If only my dad didn't kill the football spirit in me with koboko (lol) maybe I will be playing with iheanacho and co. now. God help us

3 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by deltateam: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ninethmare:
My Sister the one you read done do
come join me for Alaba international
Na account balance sure pass oo

Lol. Best quote of the thread.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Moganajoe: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

Just start a career in music!
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Beedude(m): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers

in novena university
Were you kidnapped by Evans during that time?
Just wondering how someone can start carrying that much of load before halftime. Just like a football club chopping 7-0 before halftime. God is great
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by greatman247(m): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
My candid advice, drop out and huslte smart. Every callings is not education, so don't force you. You might excel in other endeavors. When you excell and still want go school get a teacher to teach courses or subjects you're weak at. Education is important but Money is more important that education.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by reasonz(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
hmmmm

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by NaijaElba(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
IwantToShashe:

E fit be say dem mould EBA for her friend Brain. undecided angry

Wtf ? 10 carryovers. Wetin she dey do since wey she no write am ? undecided angry

From what she wrote I think she just had it in her final year......nah like 2 extra years she dey take play so. ..
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by akmath: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

guy u bad.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by FATBAYO(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 weting? carryovers or carryforever .with her schooling experience,make she open shop.she graduated with carryforever.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
She was given ? I know English is not our mother tongue but make una dey try abegee.Your English can do with some improvement. Maybe your friend has a similar problem,,,,,,,,,
English teacher, correct her right now.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
NaijaElba:

From what she wrote I think she just had it in her final year......nah like 2 extra years she dey take play so. ..

I don't agree she had all the 10carryovers in her final year, if she did , it means she failed all the courses for 2semesters, project defence inclusive. How possible is that ? Unless na EBA and cement dem use mould her brain

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
10 F9? Never had F9 in any of my courses throughout my undergraduate day in Oba Awon uni... And that uni tough eh. Banking and finance hard pass economics self. She should go write another jamb or marry.
Banking and Finance hard pass Economics in ur school. Ok
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Adaumunocha(f): 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Chukwudi4naija:
Banking and Finance hard pass Economics in ur school. Ok
You should know better.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by clems88(m): 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
My sister your case is different grin
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by ferdinand101: 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Am sure the carryover she has accumulated over the years and now she has 10......its simple she was not serious....but all hope is not loss, if she study really hard and put in extra study time, find herself some topscorers in d department...am sure she will be able to gross a 2.00 cgpa.
Quitting is not an option for her....my opinion tho
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by MustiizRaja(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

tell us d truth r u d one
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Dantee005(m): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
lol..no offence meant o...But pls let her retire.... grin Izz nor by force to go to school...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Moment Soldiers Were Sent Away By Protesting OAU Students (Video) / See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher / 18 English Words That Hilariously Mean Something Else In Other Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.