Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39623 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Isahalbash(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44

Baba wereygringringrin

No.3 Na smack down
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Hakeem12(m): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
Beedude:

I understand u. But it also depends on how u present urself. That u are half educated doesn't mean u should lack self esteem. The only problem is not going to school and not also creative or dull. If u are creative and with half education ,even if someone look down on u, in as much as he isn't feeding nor clothing u my bro such person can jump into the lagoon. Remember Tuface didn't finish school, his talent made him what he is today. Even some PhD holders can't stand near him. I also have a friend that was adviced to withdraw when we were in school and discovered himself. Ventured into cinematography. He's shooting musical videos in and outside Nigeria. Those of us that graduate couldn't even get a well paying job then. Presently I can't force any of my children into university education. Neymar is hitting millions weekly now and he didn't attend university . If only my dad didn't kill the football spirit in me with koboko (lol) maybe I will be playing with iheanacho and co. now. God help us
Amen to that
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by MustiizRaja(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
EponOjuku:

You came all the way to Nairaland to open a thread and seek advice for your friend? Why e be say all these girls claim to be seeking advice for their friends who are always off Nairaland?

You better go to OLX and start hawking your carry-overs.

weyrey lwkmmmd
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by MustiizRaja(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers

in novena university

ur own case differnt
Amadioha is doing yhu
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by talk2percy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
She should go back to year one and stop slaying. Tell her to mind her studies.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by shabzy95(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sister you can lie for Africa...how can she get 10 carry over in she final year..
Shm...
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by KingGBsky(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
OLODO
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by MistaBabz: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
She has been carrying over all these while and was lying to have a carryover free result, but now that nemesis caught up with her and she can't hide it anymore, she is looking for advice. I'm sure these COs does not appear overnight. And about given a course she doesn't like should not be an excuse for her too much COs
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by jumaian(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
I think this lady in question should thank her star. She applied for banking and finance and she was given economics. That is not an excuse to have 10 carry overs. She is not the serious type dear. I would advice her to study hard and write the carry overs.

Don't quite school because of carry over, just put more effort.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by vanhelsing1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
some of u over here r jus criticising n makin awkward comments like blind people....most of u here r very naive n could fall in her shoe perfectly well.....
so if u have a dota who experience such,wat wod u have done to assist d young girl wt such a dilemma.
das y we hear cases of suicide..cos of d unjus criticism meted out on d victim.
plsss before u drop any comment,cultivate compassion n empathy....so many factors may have caused her carryovers....lets b reasonable....plsss
tanks n God bless

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Andyskipo(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
how is that possible .if its 10 in final year then she is no longer a student.as for me graduating with a pass shouldn't scare you but I'll suggest you try and do it then do other certification exams to boost your degree cert
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ninethmare:
My Sister the one you read done do come join me for Alaba international Na account balance sure pass oo
abeg I dey dsame ojo alaba put me through...strike don finish me for aux
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by dabossman(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

story teller shebi we no go sch abi, beside which sch? stop believing fables dey tell u. if he had a strong 2.1 dat would not shake his result one bit. beside which sch and i guess its Uniben, if u score less dan d pass mark and do d carry over u scores will still be divided by that course unit.

cos if d unit is 2 and u fail it d next yr it will b 2*0=0, guy y u fall for dat scam of a story. if he dey strong 2.1 nothing go make am turn 3.5 sef, except d guy dey 3.5.... on d dot n d next yr go affect am too.so d guy no tell u d story well n if its uniben i know d guy.

Say what you will bro. This is someone who I know personally, so it's not a story I was told. The guy works in a bank today. And no, it's not Uniben. Stop making presumptuous statements. How many points separate a 2.1 from a 2.2? Mind you, in the extra year, you don't just take the one 2 or 3 unit course. You still have to make up at least 12-15 units per semester. So, go figure.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Lotel: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nackzy:
Girl prayer can move mountains
Have faith
Faith without work is Dead
Pray without reading, wa fail danu..
Maybe God go de tell u for exam hall: my daughter, no 1 is C, no 2 is B, no 3 is D

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by kwankwaso(m): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Pple that have 1st class and 2'1 hafa? Na cert person go chop?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by gabe: 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
If she wants to use her degree for anything, she should go back and hustle year one admission. Build up her gp to at least 2.1 level. Shouldn't be too hard with her experience. Saying she's no slay mama doesn't exonerate her. An average student in a nigerian university will graduate with a 2.2. Anybody with 10 carryovers is an unserious student, to say the least. You must have just refused to study or you were not available to due to too much hustling which you didn't balance with small reading. If she doesn't want to start over, she can graduate with her pass degree, dump it and start different hustling.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by collinometricx: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Joephat:

Luckily to her, she got just one E in our first semester and failed other courses..

lucky indeed
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by dayowunmi(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lol, yes there will be few good advises but the most will be insults and abuses. Nairaland is like the worst place to seek validation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by emmamondy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Tell her she should face realities by explaining how school is to her sponsors,register for those courses,and concerntrate on her studies.She can still make it.I believe it won't exceed the extra 2 years given by some universities.
My regards to her...
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by handsomebanana(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers

in novena university

Nor b d entire course load u get as carry over so
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by muller101(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
Op is the victim
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Funkychic(f): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

#eyespoppingout#........nawa oo, dis is when d witches from ur village have sworn against ur graduation.....#holyGost fire, I cast and bind dem.....amin oo
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
EponOjuku:
10 Carry over in her final year? O di egwu.

She should go and be a motivational speaker. At least, by the time she tells people how she behaved in school, people would know to avoid lifestyles like yours.

Since you decided they you're not going to be an example to emulate, you've become a mistake to avoid.

Your comment can make one commit suicide, I tell u...lol

10 carryovers? She should just CARRY THE ENTIRE SCHOOL OVER.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by siralexis(m): 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sabrina18:
Your friend is not a serious student, school givng her economics is not an excuse cos a lady that applied for an art course was given economics and she graduated with 2_1. She should just write her spillover, economics is difficult, I agree but its in the same difficult level with banking and fin, they do so many combined courses together, she still wont do well in bank fin, mind you, there are inteligent slay queens.

slay queen spoted!!!
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
I had 12 carry overs and missing scripts including my project I stressed so much for. I couldn't stand extra year. Went the short cut hmmmm. I was asked to pay #250,000 to get 3rd class. I abando the result went and started afresh. I am currently in my 300 level with CGPA of 4.25
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Calisha(f): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
Well! It seems she is not serious in her study while in school cos to me I see Economics as an interesting course . I study economic/social-studies in college of education without any carryover, minimum of 17 courses and maximum of 19 per semester .... Too much for us bt I study hard.... Nd i hav a good GP.... For my direct entry... My sis d best to do is to try to write dos carry overs so dat all ur effort of 4yrs in school will nt be in vain......
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by distilledwalex(m): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
She ( YOU) undecided
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Oya nau. leave school and start selling yams since you don't have sense
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by argob44(f): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
write them... i had 15, but now today, am a graduate

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by elubs(m): 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
It is never too late to go back and write jamb, and find a course you can duel in.

You just have to forget about what people will say
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by orjaha(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
plan for another year to drop what you've carried over, period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / WAEC Results: Musa Salmanu Got All As / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.