Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39633 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by generationz(f): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
argob44:
write them... i had 15, but now today, am a graduate
Why did you let it accumulate

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by micflo28(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2017
She must really be a dullgirl undecided she had to wait till final to begin her search for solution?.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Dammicray(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2017
Ninethmare:
My Sister the one you read done do
come join me for Alaba international
Na account balance sure pass oo

��� funny
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Abebelinus(f): 12:14am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
at this time there is nothing she can do about it let her just write the carryover, its not how far but how well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by slinkman(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Are you guaranteed writing the carryover would guarantee you will pass them ? Or even get a job after school? If you can I'd advice applying for admission again out the country . If that isn't an option, then try re writing the spill over, before you know It, a year is over .
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:11am On Sep 19, 2017
baike:
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers

in novena university

Now kio?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:17am On Sep 19, 2017
clifftop:

Hello what have we not seen on this side of eternity? But what happened that you have 10 carry over ?not the end of your world anyway. You can still be alakijas of your time.

Life is free be ready to bear responsibilities that comes your way. Life is full of challenges .it is when you are running from them , you run into trouble.
So I will advise you tell your family about it and may be at most you have Extra year.

I have an extra year too 12 years ago......it was as if have come to the end of the world. But you know what.......that Extra year was a blessing in disguise for me ......during the period I meet a brother that helped me to process my Nysc to Lagos without paying a dime.
Thus this really affected me positively ....now I have my own company and averagely doing fine.

So, man up and face the challenge with positive mind.
And learn where you have gone wrong and amend your ways.
Like our mama P......kontinuu

Can I get your number wanna talk to you..
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by 2016easy2017: 1:19am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
let her marry a rich guy
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by 2016easy2017: 1:19am On Sep 19, 2017
have u ever been cheated by MTN ?, if yes, kindly visit the crime section of nairaland and chose th topic "
Lets All Stop Mtn's Illegal Extortion And Unlawful Deductions Of Our Money&data". you got to contribute. lets all fight MTN now. a LEGAL battle
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:20am On Sep 19, 2017
killemslim:
10 Carry overs in Final year is not even close to what should make someone give up 4years...Damn, what kind of weak spirit do our youths even have these days??
I believe the op is the one in this predicament so I'll sincerely advice you never to ever dare backing out. Put in work and do ur extra year, try to get good grades it's very achievable. Don't think about any embarrassment of an extra year even though there's pressure on you. As hard as it might be don't inform your parents if its gonna break them,that's a prize you might pay. Just trust yourself and give it that last push there are lots of things you can do after having a first degree even if your result doesn't come out very well. Only those that have never been in a University system in this country will see an extra year too degrading to opt for a drop out. If you think you're in some deep shiit and alone go Uniben go investigate. No try am drop out, Finish what you started unless you had no business being in school in the first place.

Wanna talk to you how can I reach you?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:22am On Sep 19, 2017
Donkalio:
How come she scale through other year in school with clear standing, reaching finals she then failed 10 courses at a stretch, there must be something fishy. There is one secret i must say out. Most of those with low CGPA or that had extra year, always do well in life.

How do you know?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:24am On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=sammugbes post=60589503][/quote]

You came out with 2.2?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 1:36am On Sep 19, 2017
OKANGPRECIOUS:
I had 12 carry overs and missing scripts including my project I stressed so much for. I couldn't stand extra year. Went the short cut hmmmm. I was asked to pay #250,000 to get 3rd class. I abando the result went and started afresh. I am currently in my 300 level with CGPA of 4.25

Still same school?

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by anudking: 1:49am On Sep 19, 2017
EponOjuku:
10 Carry over in her final year? O di egwu.

She should go and be a motivational speaker. At least, by the time she tells people how she behaved in school, people would know to avoid lifestyles like yours.

Since you decided they you're not going to be an example to emulate, you've become a mistake to avoid.
gosh,u are damn funny. even ur moniker sef
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Depansha(m): 6:09am On Sep 19, 2017
See your pastor cos you need a very urgent deliverance
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by unqombothi(f): 7:29am On Sep 19, 2017
dominique:
I don't think she would have done any better in banking and finance department, she's just not cut out for academics. She must come clean to her family and tell them about her extra year. Once she comes to reality about the extra year, she should focus her mind on getting good grades. She can achieve a lot with determination and focus.
This is probably the best comment so far yet it has only one "like". Posts making the yeye allegation that the person that opened the thread is the person in question (as if that's important in an anonymous forum or as if any serious-minded person cares) are getting three digit likes. Tells you the state of Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Ladiesdream: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2017
argob44:
write them... i had 15, but now today, am a graduate
Wetin u be graduate with?
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by inosend: 9:36am On Sep 19, 2017
Lord have mercy
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Pro2makx(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2017
All hope is not lost. She should write all her COs make sure she graduate. She she still haß the option of registering for a conversion program, withing 6 months, she can get the grace of her dream, with a Bsc result recognised by all concerned education regulation bodies. Ministry of education, NUC, jamb etc even if you graduated with a pass
If she or anyone in that shoe is interested, contact me, I can guide u for free
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
She was given economics and she accepted it,it wasn't imposed on her. There is no excuse for failure and I am not here to sympathize with her. Let her sit up and re-write those courses. She won't die.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by sammugbes(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Frankicent:

You came out with 2.2?
no, with a third class, but I didn't look down upon myself cos I know my worth
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by sammugbes(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

linus
thanks
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by LisaAnne(f): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44
At last paragraph
why so brutal ?lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by dalass(f): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44
grin
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
sammugbes:
no, with a third class, but I didn't look down upon myself cos I know my worth

Woow send me your number lemme seek your counsel.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by argob44(f): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ladiesdream:
Wetin u be graduate with?
3rd class, set to do post graduate
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
generationz:

Congrats.
Which school was that?

And I hope you have something you are doing

I am a mother of 3 kids, a wife and public servant.

It's all about determination and focus
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Ladiesdream: 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
argob44:
3rd class, set to do post graduate
not about grade but connection
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by sammugbes(m): 7:21am On Sep 20, 2017
Frankicent:

Woow send me your number lemme seek your counsel.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Frankicent(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2017
sammugbes:

Thanks will text you on whatsapp
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by generationz(f): 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
OKANGPRECIOUS:

I am a mother of 3 kids, a wife and public servant.
It's all about determination and focus
Congrats again
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Educareful: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
The deal is done already. As a graduate of Economics, I very much understand your (the concerned) conundrum. I sense you are not really good with mathematics. Like I tell my friends, never be depressed by a situation you can't change, instead spend your time correcting the problem.

Be positive that you are going to rewrite all the ten papers and pass them with good grades.. I quite understand that the carry overs might be in courses like mathematical economics, statistics or even econometrics... You can pass those courses if you will follow the guides I will be sharing in few days.. Don't let your self-esteem be affected because you have carry overs, that is not the end of the world... I could even help you do your assignments or guide you for free if you want... Follow this post or this educational blog (www.educareful.com) to know when I share the article. Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

WAEC Results: Musa Salmanu Got All As / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14 / Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.