Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39628 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Henzok: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
pls stop calling ur friend because we all know is you.
i will advice you to pay ur house rent and school fees and face it, u started celerating when celebration is not started.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Hakeem12(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Yea
That's cool.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sue them all
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by joenor(m): 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ok she nor be slay queen, wetin she come dey use her do, when she carry all those load follow body?
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by evy1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
Beedude:

To be sincere and be factual this is the highest amount of carryovers have heard. I think education isn't her way. Giving her economics instead of banking and finance shouldnt make an average student make 10 carryovers. But still, its not the end of the world. Let her discover herself and learn a job. And concerning her family killing her coz of carryovers, it won't happen. Its her life
Way back in school,I had a colleague with carryover's way more than 10..each semester minimum 2 and when others are clearing their carryover during summer she was busy slaying
She has spent 6 years so far in school against the normal 4.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by orobs93(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
well my own be many i fought it alone she should take the blame and decide on what to do quit or fight it
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by killemslim(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 Carry overs in Final year is not even close to what should make someone give up 4years...Damn, what kind of weak spirit do our youths even have these days??
I believe the op is the one in this predicament so I'll sincerely advice you never to ever dare backing out. Put in work and do ur extra year, try to get good grades it's very achievable. Don't think about any embarrassment of an extra year even though there's pressure on you. As hard as it might be don't inform your parents if its gonna break them,that's a prize you might pay. Just trust yourself and give it that last push there are lots of things you can do after having a first degree even if your result doesn't come out very well. Only those that have never been in a University system in this country will see an extra year too degrading to opt for a drop out. If you think you're in some deep shiit and alone go Uniben go investigate. No try am drop out, Finish what you started unless you had no business being in school in the first place.

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by LanreGH(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Do nothing and prepare for extra year
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
"She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family" as if school do make people rich.

The earlier you guy remove the idea of going to school to make me rich from your head the better for you. SCHOOLS DONT MAKE PEOPLE RICH. If school do make people rich then, Nigeria whose university don't make top 1000 in the world will have the poorest people on Earth. May poverty kill any parents that are waiting for their children to graduate to rescue them from poverty.

Nigerians and their low mentality. How are we sure you are not the person, but you are just using the "my friend" to cover up.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Beedude(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hakeem12:
guy I swear, me don see 005 for jamb o, I con dey wonder whether the guy no shade anything
I always advice people like this to stay away from education once they know their capability. U can't build something on nothing. Education isnt a guarantee for success. Rediscover urself and work on ur talent. We all have talent irrespective of how brilliant u are. But so many people see it as a bad advice.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by nightmile: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
baike:
guy urs is better, in my 200l I have about 14 carryovers

in novena university
And you are still alive! You are a genius in the opposite.

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by banom(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
she should apply to sunday school for her masters degree. its only God that can accept a person with such result. afterall he said " come to me all yee that labour and heavy laden and i will give you rest" and also "cast all your burdens unto me"

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Deeejah(f): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
Why is everyone sweating over this post? Just check Op's profile and u will understand. This is wat I think;

* OP registered August 2017
*Op's first post didn't generate lots of comments/views
So Op decided to create a topic that wld give lots of views and comments.
Finally, OP is sitting smwhr laffing at all the hilarious comments.
grin cheesy

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by femi4: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
She won't succeed even if her course is B&F. 10 C.O is way too much. Let her go and learn tailoring, catering etc.

University education is not for everybody
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Yoshy: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

Circular school is not for everyone and it doesn't guarantee success. Your friend should work on developing her skills/talent. That's what will feed her.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by jo997: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
I really feel for your friend, only God know what is running through her mind and thoughts.

l'll advice you to stay close to her, if she is the real emotional kinda girl, now she needs you more to counsel and help her through this dilemma.

My thought is what will a final student be thinking of to accumulate 10 carry overs, she didn't like the course and not her choice, yet she spent years studying it with the same attitude of not what l like. Same attitude with most and below average Nigerian students.

Advice her to be honest with her family and bare the whole truth with her results slip attached to them, provided they have been sponsoring her education since 100level. Everyone can fail but is our response after we realized that we have truly failed that counts.

There are a lot of women out there counting millions, who didn't had the privilege of getting university education, some tasted university environment but dropped out due to seen and unseen reasons, still they are women to be reckoned with in the society and sources of inspiration to every hopeful and desirous lady.

So dear, cheer your friend up, there's more to this life. let her accept this moment of weakness and draw strength from it and belief in God. That her future and tomorrow will always be better than the ordeal she currently faced.

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by durasome(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44
.you are not chilling at all ooo jump into lagoon for not having a Nigerian university certificate that is as good as not having any.all we need now is just the phrase 'I am a graduate' finish nobody ask you which school and course of study. my advice, let her go meet the right person in that environment and pay the cost then see her carryovers cleared and then she graduate with her mates cause na naija we dey.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by thunderbabs: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mk she go learn work na grin
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Donkalio: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
How come she scale through other year in school with clear standing, reaching finals she then failed 10 courses at a stretch, there must be something fishy. There is one secret i must say out. Most of those with low CGPA or that had extra year, always do well in life.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by masqot(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
She must have gathered spills over years which she hadn't passed with multiple attempts. My advice for her is to sit down a do her spills if she's not on 1.5 points already. Face your demon. However, she should go back to 100 level for B&F
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by sammugbes(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=Queenlovely post=60585764]My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

mine was more I think, but I wrote them all, for almost 3yrs, it was hell, almost killed myself, but it wasn't the end of the world, I came out strong, now am an accountant in Dangote Cement Plc, just believe n pray, mind u,i have worked in 3 different places,so it's not the end, finish your papers no matter how long, at the end of the day, you'll laugh last. thank you

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by AreaFada2: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
She should take heart.
And do the extra year.
Very hard but she can do it.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by GeneralOjukwu: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
EponOjuku:

You came all the way to Nairaland to open a thread and seek advice for your friend? Why e be say all these girls claim to be seeking advice for their friends who are always off Nairaland?

You better go to OLX and start hawking your carry-overs.

Don't mind the "My friend" stories.... grin
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by suremanpatriot: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abeg try again,extra year is lik extra time in football when there is no goal yet.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Hakeem12(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Beedude:

I always advice people like this to stay away from education once they know their capability. U can't build something on nothing. Education isnt a guarantee for success. Rediscover urself and work on ur talent. We all have talent irrespective of how brilliant u are. But so many people see it as a bad advice.
Yeah fact. But here in Nigeria, people tend to look down on those that aren't educated. They attribute success to education too much.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by richiebillz2: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ten carry over courses is just too much.. You don't read dats the real issue here but if u make up ur mind to re-write those courses there is no big deal dere.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Cyrilpac(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
She is a slay student
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Apina(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
Tell ur friend someone on nairaland says she's stupid, for choosing to waste the scarce resources that would have yielded abundantly if put into cattle rearing undecided

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Cyrilpac(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
She is a slay student
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Crossguy: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
How many course do you study in final year, that you are having 10 CO. Please if is not up to 2.0 that should be advice to redraw by your school management. But if is more than that, please don't give-up study add and you will make it out with first class.
Thank me later.
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44

guy u wick............................................ed
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Cindy08: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
one thing I hate most in NL is my friend do this my friend do that.they will never come openly with their problem so that u will know how to help them all I know i s you are the one having the problem once I see my friend have did and DAT.we no be fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / WAEC Results: Musa Salmanu Got All As / Hadiza Balarabe Receives Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Graduate At 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100