Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,531 members, 7,857,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57323 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

You're the one with a very shallow mindset.This is not the kind of problem that is expected of people planning to get married.It's so unfortunate you don't understand the way the world of humans is.Your argument makes no sense,as first this is a business deal that's not tied to emotions. That part where she asked for interest says it all.Any woman I'm planning that asks me to pay interest on a loan is trying to tell me the simple but bitter truth, she doesn't mix business with pleasure. But then,according to her post,he initiated the business idea to be like a partnership. What I don't understand is why he is running away from his business partner?Who happens to be the financier?So because say him talk say him go marry her be say she go carry her money dash am?Kilode?I told three ladies I will marry them,but I'm presently married to just one.

The test thing came up as a result of his inability to pick her calls.Why are you blaming the lady,damn it!Its her money,she worked hard for it.It was a fucking loan!its strictly business! Why all these built up emotions?

Dude you are fûcking daft. Have you even been listening to what I've been saying. The dude is wrong. I'm not blaming the woman about the issue of unpaid debts. It's not her fault and it's not the guy's fault either. Don't be a he goat Abeg. I don't give a flying fûck if it's business with OR without a romantic relationship. The guy has fûcked up and he can't meet up. Now you're the one who is being shallow by saying simply because he can't pay back the relationship should end. You ÎDIOT that is what shallow means. You didn't go deeper to even want to know his problem is. Now the guy is not picking her calls and I'm saying for the upteenth time that he is wrong by not doing that. The lady to is wrong by attempting to ruin her relationship because of the fact that he can't pick her calls . She clearly doesn't know the full details about the company or the company records. In business whether with your wife or anybody, the first you do Is to create a working relationship and trust must be involved. Now that things didn't go as planned so the next thing is to drop everything? The guy is running away from his issues and the lady also doesn't know how to handle crises. This you dimwit is in depth thinking. You're so shallow not to even see things from both sides. Your talking marriage like that is my point. It shows how poor you are in comprehension undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by santafrancisco: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
she doesn't care about the relationship or what the guy passing through currently, what she care about is the money.... heeyaaa, poor guy.... no atom of love
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Yes, but should that be how a human being should behave? If the lady thinks and imagine the worst, should anyone blame her?
No one should blame her tho

All I know is that men have ego and their ego will not allow most men do such a thing unlike ladies
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ngokafor(f): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
@op your guy is a scam...I know his type,they stalk financially-indepedent single ladies to deceive with 'i will marry you'...They are everywhere in this country...

..what else do you think a scam is??..like seriously,guy-man don 'off light'..thats why he is not picking your calls again

Many of his type are on Nairaland and on this thread,thats why they are insulting you...Scam relationships and even marriages are increasingly common

Look for a way to get at least part of your money back please..'Relatiinship' my foot!..na today?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
sisisioge:
Funny responses here and there grin

OP, creditors have a rule book, you know.
1. Never lend money you can not afford to call a bad debt.

2. Never lend money to those you are scre.wing unless you are prepared for the highly probably bad debt.

3. Never lend money to families and close friends with expectation of having a regular creditor-debtor relationship.

4. Never enter into business transactions with loved ones without some formalities thrown in.

Actually, I have always held these rules to heart and never really gotten hurt. An ex is owing me 400k, another ex is owing me over 70k, I've got friends owing small small monies written off. Yet, I'm one heck of a broke a.zs. If you can't afford to let it go, don't even give it out!

As per the guy, since the money is so dear to you now, I suggest you try to see him one on one and ask for the money. Don't even think of any rekindled romance cos he's apparently lost confidence in you too. I can only imagine how much you have bugged his life with the "give me my money" mantra. It is well.
The guy handled things badly but she too has failed the test. There was never real trust in the relationship.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Ya know, there is a very high chance there is a very high chance that the guy has not broken even and the babe has been pestering him for the cash so he tried to reduce communication because of the stress. He should have communicated better but for someone to assume that her Fiance has who I s well of has duped her of and destroyed their relationship because of 500k shows a distrustful mind. For somebody you want want to trust for the rest of your life I think that her actions are poor. I might be wrong though.

You're wrong. Goodnight tongue kiss
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
No one should blame her tho

All I know is that men have ego and their ego will not allow most men do such a thing unlike ladies

Now you're talking. But he should have involved her in the process, this same stuff happened to me 2007, and i did the exact same thing....i learnt to involve people since then...so i can relate
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
elantraceey:

why not? cheesy cheesy

But hope you ain't going to ask me for 500k too o ? grin

You just registered today, did you do so because of this thread? cheesy

Aii.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Totalman1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
I feel very strongly say d OP Na Igbo lady. That is because Igbo women are more focused on material things than in d relationship itself (personal experience).
Methinks that d guy must bequite PISSED as ur emphasis seemsto be on d loaned moneyy than on him getting "out of d woods" financially.
2ndly, 'help' that does not meet d NEED is no help.
PatriotTemidayo:
My dear, if I understand you well, you gave him money few weeks ago.
The question I will ask you is, if he needs to solve the problem with a million naira, and you promised him such amount but ended up giving him 500K[i][/i], have you found out if the half-help was enough to take him out of the problems? And i don't want you to be too money conscious, the truth is, you need to assess his present production status and if he's back to his feet.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
elantraceey:

It's takes a level of trust to be planning introduction in the first place , that's in two months miss, I won't even think of getting engaged to someone that haven't earned my trust.

Well that's why I said I might be wrong .

You're wrong too. Goodnight tongue kiss

Trust, as hard as it is to earn, it could be lost easily too.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Totalman1:
I feel very strongly say d OP Na Igbo lady. That is because Igbo women are more focused on material things than in d relationship itself (personal experience).
Methinks that d guy must bequite PISSED as ur emphasis seemsto be on d loaned moneyy than on him getting. "out of d. woods" financially.
2ndly, 'help' that does not d NEED is no help.

Guy, lol, na which one be igbo lady oh ?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
whitetiger511:

it is NOT speculation and no I'm not making sh!t up, real life experiences of people close to me. most of them over 30 and desperate for marriage, once they hear I'll marry you like this-they stop thinking right. once money changes hands; brother starts to misbehave.

I hope op comes back with the concluding story. It's one of two things- the relationship continues with marriage in view while op is being milked, or uncle doesn't answer at all.

Lol, I told someone about this and the person first of all laughed and then told me to forget it that the money is gone, lol, the part if your statement I bolded just reminded me of that,
I hope she is able to get her money back, I also hope they settle and make up.

nkwuocha, rosalieene, what do you guys think.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Yes, but should that be how a human being should behave? If the lady thinks and imagine the worst, should anyone blame her?

The guy fûcked up. Apparently men have such egos which will always be a problem. Now this is how to be smart. There's nothing wrong with facts the main problem taking decisions based on irrelevant And inconclusive Facts. So I blame her for reasoning like that with such little facts
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

What you said is exactly what I'm thinking. Small thing don scatter relationship. She go need to continue her search for husband, I guess.
Bro, make we reason well.. What if other people also contributed for the guy but his gf was the first person to ask for his money?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
whitetiger511:

it is NOT speculation and no I'm not making sh!t up, real life experiences of people close to me. most of them over 30 and desperate for marriage, once they hear I'll marry you like this-they stop thinking right. once money changes hands; brother starts to misbehave.

I hope op comes back with the concluding story. It's one of two things- the relationship continues with marriage in view while op is being milked, or uncle doesn't answer at all.

You brain must definitely be a tiger's own. It can't possibly be human undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Syphonn(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
What you need to consider when finding a husband

Many ladies trying to fix their lives and settle down in a promising marriage get it all wrong doing this.

Despite the fact that beauty is one of the qualities men desire in a woman, a lady can still be beautiful yet remains a spinster for the rest of her life.

This usually occurs when she has nothing extraordinary to offer in the marriage than give birth to children.

The chances that a lady can remain a spinster for life can remain high if she does not have prospects, having prospects in this context is having the ability to support the man of the house financially.

So many ladies feel because they are endowed with beauty they will certainly get married when the time for marriage arrives, without first trying to develop some skills that will be relevant when they finally get married.

Read more at www.busygisting.com
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by captain89: 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
chai while me need someone to borrow my 200 to 300k urgently to go to the law school...sister I won't mind if u can help me , am very honest...fingers are not equal
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by talk2emma: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Cos of 500k you don't mind loosing your relationship even with your good job haba.

Bebe you like money pass Evans
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Enryking(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ginaz:
But the guy didn't try on his part too, for those of you criticizing her but giving lame excuses for the guy are not being fair.

You have the guts to borrow money, not the guts to explain your position? How will she be able to trust him? At least you read where she said she hasn't taken a dime from her man, it shows she is responsible and not the materialistic person who only cares about money.

She worked hard for the money, helped him with it. But look what he did. Not picking her calls and not even feeling bothered to cool her temper. His show of gratitude would have gone a long way.

Let's try to show gratitude abeg, whether man or woman. We should show we appreciate.

Girl run for your life, that man doesn't deserve you. You have a giving heart and it's not bad to help your man when he is in need. His actions doesn't speak of someone worth trusting at all.

Find a way to talk to him to ascertain the reasons for his uncalled actions , if it proved abortive, count the money as a offering to him and move on with your life.
at least I found someone with good and working brain. Am a guy and I know what I do in any relationship I am. Truth is any relationship without an effective communication is doomed. There are two things involved here, cash and relationship. People should start knowing now that these two are not the same. Are all those commenters up above saying if he borrows money elsewhere, he won't make an attempt to pay back or at least offer some explanations from his failings? If he can't talk to his woman now that he should shower her with an utmost respect, is it when he marries her that he respect her? See, guys need to stop being sentimental on this. this is not a man's world, women work hard, too and they earn their money. Let the debtor pay his debt. Woman, thank you for your generosity.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by JikanBaura(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Have him read this you thread and see how see how he is going to return your money in 24hours.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

You're wrong. Goodnight tongue kiss

Lol. Trust is the root of civilization. Goodnight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nacking is very expensive in the 2nd tier forex market...just consider the 5ook as investment..abi shey na you dey buy milk and blood tonic for ya nacker? angry
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by vincente274(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ninethmare:
You said he is your fiance and you guys are planning for marriage
you borrowed him some money to help in revitalising his company.
Now the question is have you asked him how business is moving? he maybe having some problems...
You are all after ur money not knowing that after ur marriage with him the company is also urs
Now see what you are going to do...
Stop talking about ur money for now and try to know how the business is going.
Build the love again
Focus on your marriage
After marriage then you can skin him alive if you want.
savage
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by itsmeurLady(f): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Is this kind of thread that Nairaland Guys will come out... See them 14 pages, and if u check now, the OP has received a lot of bashing from Them . Nairaland Guys and Women Affairs are like cats and rats. This is how I avoid Nairaland Guys when it comes to relationship matters

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

He fvcked up big time. Op must get her money back oooo. angry angry

I don't, I totally disagree. Only an idiot, self - centered person is capable of doing such. I just need you to let me know what's going on and we're cool.
Nice one jawe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Such can be avoided nae, e easy, don't ask for loan from your wife-to-be.... grin

If I can get resort from my wife-to-be then why am I marrying her? For problem?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by jiksman3: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.
Haha....Omo Nairaland sweet ooo, see bombardmentation grin

grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

If I can get resort from my wife-to-be then why am I marrying her? For problem?

Abeg guy leave me...Lollll
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by 400billionman: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Please young ladies who are independent should stop using money to keep suitors.

This is how young men normally treat ladies who have money. He will usually think you are desperate and trying to buy love.

Take your family member or involve his own family member to get the N500k.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
[[s]quote author=thesuave10 post=60701739]

Dude you are fûcking daft. Have you even been listening to what I've been saying. The dude is wrong. I'm not blaming the woman about the issue of unpaid debts. It's not her fault and it's not the guy's fault either. Don't be a he goat Abeg. I don't give a flying fûck if it's business with OR without a romantic relationship. The guy has fûcked up and he can't meet up. Now you're the one who is being shallow by saying simply because he can't pay back the relationship should end. You ÎDIOT that is what shallow means. You didn't go deeper to even want to know his problem is. Now the guy is not picking her calls and I'm saying for the upteenth time that he is wrong by not doing that. The lady to is wrong by attempting to ruin her relationship because of the fact that he can't pick her calls . She clearly doesn't know the full details about the company or the company records. In business whether with your wife or anybody, the first you do Is to create a working relationship and trust must be involved. Now that things didn't go as planned so the next thing is to drop everything? The guy is running away from his issues and the lady also doesn't know how to handle crises. This you dimwit is in depth thinking. You're so shallow not to even see things from both sides. Your talking marriage like that is my point. It shows how poor you are in comprehension undecided[/quote][/s]

You're indeed a knuckle head. Just dey carry empty skull up and down like person wey chop food wey them keep for T-junction.
You are just moving from pillar to post like nkpuru amu.I don't even understand your issue with the lady quitting the relationship.

You be donkey ooo.The lady doesn't know how to handle crisis. So calling her colleagues on his behalf is supposed to be what?Is that not part of creating a working relationship?Is testing all the time an avenue of creating lasting trust in a relationship E be like say your brain dey lick akamu. The lady is no longer comfortable with the scammer and she has got the right to quit the relationship,and yes!this is enough to quit a relationship that is obviously doomed to fail due to lack of communication on the guys part ,and desperation on the lady's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Op i hope his name is not Lekan?

Well, from experience and people around me, it is not really advisable to give a guy money even if you are dating or planning to wed. Their mouth is sweet when collecting it. They find it hard to return it .They will start blackmailing you with love and saying you are not caring...blah blah blah.

It is better to draw up a contract and sign with witnesses before giving out money that u cannot part with especially to a bf.

Right now,wait for sometime for the business to stabilize. When it does, request for your money.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm telling u! Hungry bastards!

They have no shame. No sense of pride as young men. Back in the day it was every man's goal to be successful.
But know we have young men just looking for every possible means to milk a hard working girl dry.

Just imagine the comments. The op gave her bf 500k with the promise that he will payback.
Since then he stopped taking her calls and is acting up. Isn't it obvious that the guy is a scam?

Madam have you thought about the fact that the man's business is still not even and the babe has been pestering him for the money like though he is a scam?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Should I Expose Him To His Fiancee? / Twitter User Searching For Husband For Her 47-Year-Old Aunty (Photos) / Girlfriend Shaves Her Baby Daddy's Hair In Middle Of Night For Cheating (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.