Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (39036 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by 2shure: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2017
U wan go
E.tarli
Abi itli
Or italy
Opo work
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by drlateef: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2017
I was in your shoe in the past. I hardly comment here but moved by your sincerity. If you can get an admission abroad and go on a student visa, that is the best for you, thinking as a human and not knowing what God has for you. Do not ever go abroad on a visitor visa, there is plenty of regrets if you get there. Its better to study abroad, by doing that you fulfil the wishes of your parents. You can possibly get a job after your school if you choose a course that is more in demand like nursing or medically related areas. In which case you get a work visa to continue staying abroad or if you are lucky you get a soulmate who has the papers to marry you and remain on work visa. Going abroad opens many doors to you. You can also continue your business while abroad. Opportunities are limitless when you travel out. Watch out for traffickers and make sure you process your admission and visa by yourself with some help from your friend. Do not ever use any agent or intermediary, they mostly work with traffickers. And be extremely prayerful, avoid telling people your next move or successes. This advice is from my own experience and other peoole's accounts. Good luck.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by africanusvu(m): 5:26am On Oct 02, 2017
Through u didn't state ur course of study.my sincere advice to u is continue ur husling and build ur capital Base. Age is still on ur side HND can always wait bit ur customers can't wait until u finish ur HND.as for overseas. Forget it for now unless u like prostitution
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by trulife: 5:28am On Oct 02, 2017
MY ADVICE: you already have a business that can take you to the next level in your educational pursuit. Try to finish up, establish as you can then you can think of traveling. A good friend will always be there for you anytime. If her call for help is genuine, it can be ignited at any time. when you have your degree or HND before traveling, its always not as hard as when you do not have. I like your struggling attitude that means in future you can take yourself there may be for business if you want. As a friend she can be sending stuff for you here to aid you grow in your business depending on the country she is. If you decide to travel and succeed, before you struggle and balance to enroll for school, your age will remind you of marriage and when you do I-DO your further education is put at the mercy of your marriage. WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYBODY TO RAISE YOU UP ANYTIME YOU FALL, THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD BE MINDFUL OF THE GROUND.....but am not discouraging you ooo true-life!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Sterope(f): 5:31am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977

Please continue with your education. Find a way to sustain your business too, you will need it. 40-45k, even 100k is not good money. It is okay, but you will realise that you will need more as life goes on. You will not lose either way, strive hard and work for both.

You will always be able to travel outside Nigeria. Get your education first and then you can reconsider it. If you decide to go, please have a plan B in case things do no work out there. Do not spend all your money processing visa.

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by fynex(m): 5:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Thanks and God bless you my dear friend. I know say me I be all weather even if na to wash plate, me I can. So far it's legit... I can. Shebi make I find way travel Abi? Since the money dey my hand now so that I no go give in to pressure of joining HND AS form Don dey close. embarassed

Seems like she spoke your mind...been all weather is very lovely but the question you should be very confident in answering is how legit is your friend?

You need to be very careful about what you decide to do weigh your options properly before you make or Mar yourself...

Doing your hnd doesn't stop your business at all...
How are you sure that when you leave everything and go there you will hit the ground running immediately?

Things are quite tight in this country, buy businesses are established everyday, people are still succeeding, I don't think the situation of the country is your reason for wanting to leave. Even the whites are coming here because they see business potentials here...

So ma'am you can decide to go for hnd or delve more into your business, cool...you've built a customer base for yourself already which is nice, would you want to throw all that away because of overseas?....

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by unitysheart(m): 5:32am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the difference between a HND holder and an SSCE holder in the labour market?. I can't even compare a HND holder to a B.Sc holder 'cause I'll be doing the HND holder a favour.

You have a very big problem. For your information, I'm an HND holder and I have a very good job working with a major player in the oil sector.

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by bold44: 5:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Stay.
There will always be uncertainty in an untarred land.
Taking a chance is kool but you are doing pretty fine now.

Using part of your saving to travel out does not look ok.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by MYDEBBY(m): 5:40am On Oct 02, 2017
Please and please my dear and lovely sister as the case may be, do not travel abroad until you are very very sure with evidence of what your friend is doing abroad, the little you may be doing here may be far better than what you may go and find over there if not legitimate, ask those who returned from Libya and Italy via repatriation and voluntary returning. You are still young to go abroad as a girl, without scholarship or an authenticate guardian to sponsor. Please enrol into part time here in Nigeria and continue your business for now. Most graduates in Nigeria today do not even see nor have a job of 40-45k i bet you.Continue your business soonest a very good husband will locate you in Jesus name, Amen. Note: God knows how to bless when it is time.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by idnole4(m): 5:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Which country is your friend advising, and to do what exacly studying, visiting etc? If its to study a course, in USA or Canada, where prospect of getting a job after graduation could be higher, then you might reflect on that.

Whats the possibility of continuing with your trade while you do HND? Considering this might further enlarge your customer base.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by warriboi(m): 5:47am On Oct 02, 2017
I’ll suggest that you do ‘half and half’....
Buy the HND form to secure your admission and pay your friend a visit to see for yourself.
You never know until you try...don’t second guess it too much.
All the best!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Compliant(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I

Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then.

BUT YOU SAID YOUR DAD AND MUM WERE LATE BEFORE YOU EVEN ENROL FOR WAEC SO HOW COME YOUR PARENTS TOLD YOU TO HOLD ON TO POLYTECHNIC?

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Heryorh: 5:52am On Oct 02, 2017
i think u can run ur business and still go back to school. just plan ur sh*ts.
travelling to dubai for work is not advisable. (from my own view)
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by SalC: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

So you advice I keep doing what I am doing and look out for a university or continue with the polytechnic?

I love it when I see girls who against all odds are genuinely trying to distinguish themselves in the society. I pray God to grant you more wisdom.

Now to your question, I will strongly advice against you travelling abroad NOW. Pls seek for ways to expand your business and continue your education here whether B.sc or HND, not because it will guarantee you a job here but because you can later travel abroad and be able to secure a better job.

So you see, you can actually achieve both doing your business, finishing school and travelling abroad if you are tactical enough.
Just take it one at a time and be patient.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by abbaapple: 5:57am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. [/b]That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here[b]
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.

Funny you
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by AreaFada2: 6:08am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
1. Not to exaggerate, I make a minimum of 40 to 45k a month as my own.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Pls I am open to any form of advice. God bless.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
I can't really remember usernames embarassed

If you go to Dubai anyhow, chances are high that you will end up doing prostitution. Anyhow I mean. Jobs are becoming scarce in Dubai now according to sources there.

Saudi Arabia has just allowed women to start driving cars. It is expected that many current foreign drivers will have to leave Saudi. Expect many of those to head to Dubai to secure any jobs they can get in the near future. Saturating the job market further.

You can do your HND and Dubai will still be there. At least by then you would have prepared yourself for life there. Like doing further certifications, legalizing your documents properly and try securing employment or be in the process before going there.

Check your motivation too. Not wanting others to "look down on you" is funny. Life is about trying to make the best use of your abilities and succeed in life for yourself and your family. Do you already look down on others who are less well off than you now?? So you think others would too? shocked shocked

For advise about going to live in Dubai, check out Justi4Jesu posts in the travel section of Nairaland. She's no agent. Just a NLer.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by pennywys(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
you don't only go to school to get a job, but to keep your head high in the midst of your friends and the society.
For me, I think you continue your education and concentrate on your business
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Dantedasz(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the difference between a HND holder and an SSCE holder in the labour market?. I can't even compare a HND holder to a B.Sc holder 'cause I'll be doing the HND holder a favour.

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Alfredjones1(m): 6:17am On Oct 02, 2017
My sis, i understand your dilemma but i suggest you stay on track with your Business, your friend out there (abroad) you dont know what she does to earning a living whether its an illicit or shady business,,, stay back here and Build your Business to its full potential and your educational advancement can come up when you have become finally strong.....
Wish you the Best
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mesoprogress(m): 6:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
embarassed

HI dear, I would advise you continue with your entrepreneurship skills and also get your HND.

Abroad traveling can expose you to prostitution, most times it's a trap.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by YesNoMaybe: 6:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Do a crossover with the OND and enroll for a WEEKEND DEGREE PROGRAM (DISTANCE) in a convenient university. You will get to start from 300 Level while you have ENOUGH TIME for your business. It's a win-win situation.
After your degree you can travel abroad as a graduate. It gives you an edge.
My one dollar.

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ssms(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.
she stays in Dubai?....my sister pls dnt come.....85% of African ladies here r into prostitution...pls I beg u not to waste ur money to come here....gv me her detail n I will gv u assurance she's into runs or daylight prostitution.....check my signature...

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ogbehadanyel(m): 6:28am On Oct 02, 2017
Florblu:
Babe, please travel out of the country that's if your friend is capable of securing you a permanent visa. Over there you can earn money with your skill(making bags) and go to school as well.

I HAD A SIMILER EXPERIENCE WITH U, PLS DONT GO ANYWHERE, D PERFECT WIL OF GOD FOR U MAY BE TO B IN NIGERIA AND SUCCED. CONTINUE WIT D BUSINESS AND IF U AV SAVD ANOF GO 4 UR HND AND DAT UR FRIEND WIL 1 DAY CALL U 4 ADVICE. I DNT WRITE MUCH CALL ME IF U NEED MORE ADVICE.09094367777
Florblu:
Babe, please travel out of the country that's if your friend is capable of securing you a permanent visa. Over there you can earn money with your skill(making bags) and go to school as well.

I HAD A SIMILER EXPERIENCE WITH U, PLS DONT GO ANYWHERE, D PERFECT WIL OF GOD FOR U MAY BE TO B IN NIGERIA AND SUCCED. CONTINUE WIT D BUSINESS AND IF U AV SAVD ANOF GO 4 UR HND AND DAT UR FRIEND WIL 1 DAY CALL U 4 ADVICE. I DNT WRITE MUCH CALL ME IF U NEED MORE ADVICE.09094367777
Florblu:

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2017
what country are you invited too.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mbaboy(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2017
First, I want you to understand that the level you are today is another person's prayer point to God. My candid advice is you ask God for divine direction. Traveling out is good if you know what u are going there to do but at times appearance is not always reality. You can further your education while u still do your business in Nigeria. Secondly that some graduated without getting a job doesn't mean you won't get a job after graduation. Our destinies are different.... You may be fortunate to land a very good job in Nigeria after your education. Lastly I want you to realise that you are of age to be in a man's house as wife and all u need is to remain focus and by the special grace of God a wealthy man will wipe away your tears. Note the advise you give to yourself is the best for you. I pray for God's guidance and protection over your life.
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
She stays in Dubai.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by sandland: 6:34am On Oct 02, 2017
We thank God for your life. Please don't travel outside. Many countries are struggling like Nigeria economically. Stay in Nigeria but do two things at a time. Continue your HND program as well as your business. As you go up, you meet bigger circle of friends., more enlightened and your fashion business will flourish more and more. Then later you can still travel out for business.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Pat081: 6:35am On Oct 02, 2017
My sister if ur friend want to help u tell him /her to b sending u goods so dat after selling it u will b able to send him/her back d money schooling over dia is not like here dia school fees is high n after u hv finish school next tin dey want u to do is go back to ur country ntin more dnt mind dat Mr know it all saying HND is like SSCE wisdom is nt 4everybody cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by olab007(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2017
My Dear Sis i was waiting to know where your friend is inviting you to before i will know wht to say, by the way am living in qatar and am sure you will know almost all arab country run the same system, so i can give you the right hand information, first many ppl abroad will never tell you the real thing they going through, they will never let you know the real life they living over there.

coming to Dubai you must be under a sponsor, may be individual or company and you work for your sponsor which means they have 100 percent control over you and in many cases you may not be able to change job, they may provide house for you but be rest assure they can never give you a house that will be ok for you as you may end up in a house with minimum of 4 ppl in a room, houses are expensive you may not be able to avold rent.also you need to know wht type of work your friend is inviting you over to come and do, as many single ladies are into prostittution one way or the other and even if that is not wht you doing it may be difficult for you to get somebody to marry you over here as many guy will believe all single ladies are into runs.my sis i will want you to see life more than just getting rich, after the money comes you should think of wht next.

if possible you can do your HND on part time basis and by so doing you can continue with your bix, sincerely you never can tell wht will happen in the future no matter ao small u may think your HND certificate will be it may turn out to make you relevant in the nearest future.also pray to God to direct a good partner to you, so that you can have somebody to share you issues for direction and support.

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by njokuuche77(m): 6:36am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

She stays in Dubai.

good morning dear, I took out time to go through your post and I noticed u said she stays in Dubai.
my humble and truthful advice, please stay clear from Dubai. I have been there, I have lived there. 85% of naija girls I met there are into prostitution. you can quote me anywhere. it is not as easy as u think. they use a lot of tactics to lure girls over there. when you get there, dey seize ur passport and allow you to work and pay them. aside from that, most firms in UAE don't give nigerians jobs because of their high level of crime.
please be very careful, so as not to shoot itself on the leg.
lots of the ladies there are illegal, they call them teko. Most of them are living in regrets, I can tell u lots and lots of experiences there.
unless u are going through work permit or studies.if you are going through work permit, it is 2 years visa and the company will Carter for you. though it is not as rosy as u think. if you are going via visitors visa, please and please stay clear. I repeat stay clear.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Simple9ja(m): 6:39am On Oct 02, 2017
My sister if you trust that your friend that she will not disapoint you in any way if you get there. Please go ahead and travel
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Cmeo(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Forget schooling for now; forget traveling abroad for now (except you are going there to get training on how to better ur business and return back to nigeria). Face your business for now and grow it more. Afterall what job is available for those that have graduated?
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by justwise(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Which country are you planning to travel to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... / South African Transgender Pilot Grounded Due To Gender Identity (PICS) / Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141