Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander (1236 Views)

I’m Really Confused Is This Is Right Or Wrong Matured Minds Only Pls / Please Is It By Force To Suck Her Kpekus? I'm Really Confused!! / Help A Confused Nairalander. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm not sure this is the right section to post this, please mods help me move it if it's not. I really need your advice regarding my current situation. Let me cut the story short. After Sec school in 2008, I was so unfortunate in gaining admission into the university on time. Even though I merited my exams but for some reasons I can't explain I wasn't able to secure an admission. Out of frustration I was advised to try a poly instead, I did, and I got admission straight away (Chemical Engineering).

Fast forward to 2013, I was on one year IT so I traveled to Porthacourt, Rivers state to work in a company where my uncle was the manager at that time. It was a great experience for me, but a shock at the same time. I witnessed in first hand the discrimination HND holders face in the labor market. It was one of the greatest shocks of my life, the company later shut down this particular branch were I worked and I also experienced the frustration of loosing a job. At that point I knew I had to do something so I made up my mind to get a BSc or nothing. So I optioned for direct entry however this didn't work out for me the first year as the school's I applied didn't honor my request. So I decided to start up a business with the little savings I had and keep trying. I had a passion for computers and I thought myself some programming languages at this time, this is a marketable skill which is highly profitable in some developed countries abroad.

After trying to secure an admission into the uni over these years I finally let down my ego to start afresh instead. It was a hard decision I must say. I had to shut down my business when the economy was no longer favorable to run this business because prices of goods became highly unpredictable and you could easily run into huge losses if you sell an item without confirming the present price in the market. I started some online businesses (very legit) and this is what I do now. I'm 25 now, and I currently earn about 250k monthly from them, and I'm very positive I will earn up to 5k USD monthly if I put in more effort.

Fast forward to today, things have changed and I'm very positive I will gain admission this year, but I'm confused at the next step to take might not be the best for me anymore. I have a kid brother who will be done with school next year, he is a musician but falls in the likes of Asa and Co, he was signed in a record label last year but the label folded and his dreams got shattered. I had a deep discussion with him if the best option would be to travel to united states and pursue his dreams and I'm optimistic USA will be favorable. I also think it would be a better option to go to a technical school and acquire a degree in an IT related short course in USA and maybe work over there than staying in Nigeria to study.

I'm an open book and I highly appreciate any comments I get relative to this, thank you so much.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Oluwaseyi00(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
My lecturer told us the story of a wealthy business man that refused to attend a meaning just because he couldn't speak English.

See bro money is not everything, get yourself a good and qualitative education, because a time is coming that even with your money you'll be sidelined in certain things and to avoid "had I known story" go get it now, delay is dangerous.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by IamLEGEND1: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
You make 250k monthly and you still want a degree?
For what reason exactly?
You're making good money as it is and there are a limited number of jobs that can offer a B.Sc holder that kind of salary as a start.

Focus on your business, grow it and continue balling out.
Me wey don dey school since wetin I get? Common bicycle I never see. Even my slippers don chop for one side.
Fuck_education, keep on raking in the Benjamins.
And tell your brother to chill the_fuck_out...... He is the one who should be focusing on furthering his education, not you.
Not because he shouldn't pursue his dream, but to have a buffer if things don't work out.

If he insists on pursuing a career in entertainment, simply introduce him to nairaland and allow him to observe_airforce1 and the damage being an 'upcoming' artist for 10yrs+ has done to his psyche. He'll thank you for your guidance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by imarayij(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
For what reason exactly?
You're making good money as it is and there are a limited number of jobs that can offer a B.Sc holder that kind of salary as a start.

Me wey don dey school since wetin I get? Common bicycle I never see. Even my slippers don chop for one side.
And tell your brother to chill the_fuck_out...... He is the one who should be focusing on furthering his education, not you.

gringringringringrin

bro u no get joy ooooop
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by greatnaija01: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
As a fellow programmer I salute your resilience in Life's never ending pursuit of success.

As it stands you may need to introduce your nightingale brother to your online business and get him to sponsor himself.

Or get him to market your business and make money for himself to get back into the music Industry.

You hustled and won, so your next phase should be investing in PROJECTS that are offline assets AND lucrative in generating more cash despite the economy.... E.g LAND, HOSTELS, AGRICULTURE, TRANSPORTATION.... these are businesses that never get disadvantaged.

You can set up a school and teach what you do and employ your bro to work for you while he works out his international travels... the school can be ONLINE....

You can send your bro to learn some other aspect of ICT and you both combine to form a very strong BRAND here in Nigeria and He can still do his music.

I celebrate you, Nigeria is Independent because of people Like you.

I call you BLESSED.

raymondhillmimi:
Hi everyone, I'm not sure this is the right section to post this, please mods help me move it if it's not. I really need your advice regarding my current situation. Let me cut the story short. After Sec school in 2008, I was so unfortunate in gaining admission into the university on time. Even though I merited my exams but for some reasons I can't explain I wasn't able to secure an admission. Out of frustration I was advised to try a poly instead, I did, and I got admission straight away (Chemical Engineering).

Fast forward to 2013, I was on one year IT so I traveled to Porthacourt, Rivers state to work in a company where my uncle was the manager at that time. It was a great experience for me, but a shock at the same time. I witnessed in first hand the discrimination HND holders face in the labor market. It was one of the greatest shocks of my life, the company later shut down this particular branch were I worked and I also experienced the frustration of loosing a job. At that point I knew I had to do something so I made up my mind to get a BSc or nothing. So I optioned for direct entry however this didn't work out for me the first year as the school's I applied didn't honor my request. So I decided to start up a business with the little savings I had and keep trying. I had a passion for computers and I thought myself some programming languages at this time, this is a marketable skill which is highly profitable in some developed countries abroad.

After trying to secure an admission into the uni over these years I finally let down my ego to start afresh instead. It was a hard decision I must say. I had to shut down my business when the economy was no longer favorable to run this business because prices of goods became highly unpredictable and you could easily run into huge losses if you sell an item without confirming the present price in the market. I started some online businesses (very legit) and this is what I do now. I'm 25 now, and I currently earn about 250k monthly from them, and I'm very positive I will earn up to 5k USD monthly if I put in more effort.

Fast forward to today, things have changed and I'm very positive I will gain admission this year, but I'm confused at the next step to take might not be the best for me anymore. I have a kid brother who will be done with school next year, he is a musician but falls in the likes of Asa and Co, he was signed in a record label last year but the label folded and his dreams got shattered. I had a deep discussion with him if the best option would be to travel to united states and pursue his dreams and I'm optimistic USA will be favorable. I also think it would be a better option to go to a technical school and acquire a degree in an IT related short course in USA and maybe work over there than staying in Nigeria to study.

I'm an open book and I highly appreciate any comments I get relative to this, thank you so much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Blackhawk01: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
For what reason exactly?

Hehehehe grin cheesy grin cheesy. You won't kill me. grin grin
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
greatnaija01:
As a fellow programmer I salute your resilience in Life's never ending pursuit of success.

As it stands you may need to introduce your nightingale brother to your online business and get him to sponsor himself.

Or get him to market your business and make money for himself to get back into the music Industry.

You hustled and won, so your next phase should be investing in PROJECTS that are offline assets AND lucrative in generating more cash despite the economy.... E.g LAND, HOSTELS, AGRICULTURE, TRANSPORTATION.... these are businesses that never get disadvantaged.

You can set up a school and teach what you do and employ your bro to work for you while he works out his international travels... the school can be ONLINE....

You can send your bro to learn some other aspect of ICT and you both combine to form a very strong BRAND here in Nigeria and He can still do his music.

I celebrate you, Nigeria is Independent because of people Like you.

I call you BLESSED.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate those kind words. But I still don't know what to do about education, what do you think?
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by greatnaija01: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ok bros, its simple... can you try NOUN? or Online Education? cos you can also do PART-TIME....

I know you need a degree but its time you also get more exposed in the ICT WORLD.... 250k IS SMALL compared to your true worth sir so I suggest you start any of the school's above when you get to $5000 because such schools are financially draining because you already have family financial commitments.

Good, encourage your BRO... He will make it but he should also use social media to his advantage... maybe BUY a 5000 follower Instagram account or 100k likes facebook fan page.... If he is half as resilient as you are then I assure you sir, that he too will have a good news soon.

You both are unstoppable. Go to National Open University website and begin registration today.

There is also opportunity to school in SOUTH AFRICA if you are up for it. the environment is better conducive than Nigeria and they offer a wider range of exposed course.

PM me for more discussions.

I celebrate you

raymondhillmimi:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate those kind words. But I still don't know what to do about education, what do you think?
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by CHAIRMANMAO(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
raymondhillmimi:

i beg help a brother, enlight me about the online business plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss, as per your concern i beg face your business big time plssssss na beg i dey beg you
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by justlaw(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Well done bro!

Please, what kind of online business are you into? I don't mind giving it a trial, so far it's legit.

Thank you and looking forward to your response

raymondhillmimi:
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
greatnaija01:
Ok bros, its simple... can you try NOUN? or Online Education? cos you can also do PART-TIME....

I know you need a degree but its time you also get more exposed in the ICT WORLD.... 250k IS SMALL compared to your true worth sir so I suggest you start any of the school's above when you get to $5000 because such schools are financially draining because you already have family financial commitments.

Good, encourage your BRO... He will make it but he should also use social media to his advantage... maybe BUY a 5000 follower Instagram account or 100k likes facebook fan page.... If he is half as resilient as you are then I assure you sir, that he too will have a good news soon.

You both are unstoppable. Go to National Open University website and begin registration today.

There is also opportunity to school in SOUTH AFRICA if you are up for it. the environment is better conducive than Nigeria and they offer a wider range of exposed course.

PM me for more discussions.

I celebrate you

Thank you so much, I will look it up as you advised and also PM you for more discussions. Best regards.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Okay for those asking, there are lots of them, you can easily find them on nairaland business section. This is where got my ideas, it's nothing new. Same stuff others choose to ignore eg,
blogging, freelancing, affiliate marketing etc.. But your ability to succeed depends on your passion.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by CHAIRMANMAO(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
raymondhillmimi:
Okay for those asking, there are lots of them, you can easily find them on nairaland business section. This is where got my ideas, it's nothing new. Same stuff others choose to ignore eg,
blogging, freelancing, affiliate marketing etc.. But your ability to succeed depends on your passion.
you combined them or you are just into one?

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
CHAIRMANMAO:
you combined them or you are just into one?
Not one, a combination of 2 for now.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
still need more advise please..
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Thebrightest(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
raymondhillmimi:
still need more advise please..
Bro we are in the same shoes...
I am in my mid 20s too and presently make good cash in my online business.
But need to go back to school...
I don't know how to, and which school.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by nikkypearl(f): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Airforce1 grin grin grin
IamLEGEND1:
For what reason exactly?

If he insists on pursuing a career in entertainment, simply introduce him to nairaland and allow him to observe_airforce1 and the damage being an 'upcoming' artist for 10yrs+ has done to his psyche. He'll thank you for your guidance.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Thebrightest(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
We need this on front page please. There are many of us with similar issue
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by IamLEGEND1: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
nikkypearl:
Airforce_1_ grin grin grin
Nikki grin you wan start fight ni?
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by IamLEGEND1: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thebrightest:
We need this on front page please. There are many of us with similar issue
Then Lalasticlala is the dude to call.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by nikkypearl(f): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nikki grin you wan start fight ni?
sebi na u dey look for his trouble grin ...continue
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by BadBradley: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
raymondhillmimi:

this is Nigeria and education matters.

Enroll with National open university where you can equally take your lectures and exams online.

Get your bsc while you're still young.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
nikkypearl:
Airforce1 grin grin grin
grin This guy has suffered for una hand, wetin Airforce1 do una self. The guy gets over 100 mentions everyday literally.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
You're an entrepreneur so travelling abroad may shatter you and all your efforts. Let your kid bro travel abroad, continue your business and try to get your degree at home to upgrade your skills.

At 25, you re doing well for yourself. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Windflower(f): 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
Chai,even I as a graduate earn less than 100k,while some earn as low as 10k. You are indeed lucky
The truth is getting education doesn't mean you will be successful in life,its only gives you potential and a platform to success. You are lucky to have made it in business,however you still need the certificate, you never know when an opportunity might present itself.
Also,it is education that will make you stand out and be unique in your business. You have the money,so many higher institution offer part time classes,you can even attend online lectures,its that easy now.
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
Windflower:
Chai,even I as a graduate earn less than 100k,while some earn as low as 10k. You are indeed lucky
The truth is getting education doesn't mean you will be successful in life,its only gives you potential and a platform to success. You are lucky to have made it in business,however you still need the certificate, you never know when an opportunity might present itself.
Also,it is education that will make you stand out and be unique in your business. You have the money,so many higher institution offer part time classes,you can even attend online lectures,its that easy now.
Thank you so much, those are really kind words. I wish you success, soon you will land higher paying job. I don't really know much about online schools, are their certificates regarded in the society?
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by sKeetz(m): 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
Thank you so much, those are really kind words. I wish you success, soon you will land higher paying job. I don't really know much about online schools, are their certificates regarded in the society?

Chief... your post motivated me to start learning JS. It gets so daunting like today while studying recursion i felt my brain almost exploding and i had to close my pc and take a stroll. How do you stay motivated?
Re: Please Help A Really Confused Nairalander by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 13, 2020
sKeetz:

Chief... your post motivated me to start learning JS. It gets so daunting like today while studying recursion i felt my brain almost exploding and i had to close my pc and take a stroll. How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by putting in my best at what I do so when people see my works they go like oh this is beautiful, who did this? I also sold my first website for $5000 on Flippa, that's enough motivation for me. I want to affect the world in my little way.

(1) (Reply)

Erotic Stage Act:dance Crew Gets Naughty / Have You Used Max Man Before / Ghanian Headmaster In Sextape Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.