Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare (4635 Views)

Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church / Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

I am not religious. It's not applicable to me. When I make comments, I don't attach religious inclinations to it. Why do most ladies see some advise as being judgmental. Did i tell her how hard her future is going to be? Did I tell her negative stuffs relating the end from the beginning?

You guys have used the word 'judgmental' till everything becomes judgment to you guys

We;re in a generation where people sermonize counsel as judgemental so expect these every now and then. If not for nairaland, i don't counsel,advice, or make suggestions ..i just let people be... grin and mind my biz...it kills my neighbors..They can barely count the number of words i speak in a year...
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

I am not religious. It's not applicable to me. When I make comments, I don't attach religious inclinations to it. Why do most ladies see some advise as being judgmental. Did i tell her how hard her future is going to be? Did I tell her negative stuffs relating the end from the beginning?

You guys have used the word 'judgmental' till everything becomes judgment to you guys

I thought you were done with this talk.
I've said my piece.

You didn't even understand her post at the beginning yet called her reckless and started giving advice that wasn't necessary,
Next time stick to the topic of a discussion, try and understand so you know the kind of advice to give,

Learn to stick to the topic of discussion, see how you brought in religious and "most ladies" talk from nowhere.

6 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

You are correct. Also I don't know how smart she is academically because a friend of mine was able to do the two, she stayed at home cared for her child, collected notes from classmates and read. She resumed for exams and did better than those that didn't have all that responsibilities.

Okay, i didnt think of this too. This is the smartest way out...I agree, she stays at home, her friend helps her with notes. She speaks with her lecturers so on special days, she can be granted absence and things will work out fine....

Allow me laff at your siggy again plz...

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Daeylar:

I thought you were done with this talk.
I've said my piece.

ehn hen... leave my brother joor
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Did i hear you say Skrill? These guys keep freezing/restricting accounts for no just cause...Please stay away from Skrill.. I have funds in three accounts that are frozen at the moment, trying to pull them out..Don't go into Skrill..

Wow @ 2015, you're young and smart, your I.Q. is way off the chart. I respect intelligence as a fellow scientist, for me, i respect few things, God, Science and Humanity, in these corresponding order.

Quantum Physics is bae... Though i plan to retire in some years from work full time and chase a path towards educating the younger generation on secular and Christianity issue, i don't think quantum physics can easily leave me..Thinking of having a lab when i retire for studies...Physics, Engineering and Chemistry's my forte...

True @ graphene and not diamond, but these allotropes are not far from each other. Because of the composition and the process graphene formation undergoes, mehn, it's super conductivity is something else...You've turned me on brov, yeah @ pencil is a sheet of graphene. Then what are we the young generation gonna do about it ? Pencil doesn't require tedious precision engineering for its production. We need to all chill and stop playing the FG and put on our gloves and boots and start digging...

Best Physics/Chemisrty student back in my days, i can relate at we think differently...I remember telling my peers how it required the exact same amount of energy to shoot a nylon( polythene) and a heavy object like a big house outside the earth's orbit back in the days, and the whole class paused, the teacher paused, we examined Newton's third law of motion, and after a thorough studies, i was found to be correct. This country messed up, we the engineers, chemists, physicists, biochemists, geologists need to do something for the next generation...We all need to do something..

I run a freelancing think-tank, and can relate with research too..

Yes, you may PM me...
Quantum is bae indeed. I remember telling engineers that it will be impossible to produce unique things in this country without having an understanding of quantum physics. Most schools outside the country teaches their engineers quantum mechanics. Physics have helped me alot. It helps me to understand how life is and to be sincere, life have become so simple to me.

Yeah, God (not church doctrines etc) - Science - Humanity. I have a friend who is an atheist, but he isn't a physicist. I have told him that it is impossible to predict the future when he doesn't clearly understand the present. I am a Christian so I respect God and Christ too.

Planning is very necessary. Our population is pulling us down. See what is happening in the North, people keeping giving birth with no clear plan on how to raise them.

So what other freelancing do you do. Are you on fiverr?
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

We;re in a generation where people sermonize counsel as judgemental so expect these every now and then. If not for nairaland, i don't counsel,advice, or make suggestions ..i just let people be... grin and mind my biz...it kills my neighbors..They can barely count the number of words i speak in a year...
Lol. Exactly. Only on nairaland. In my family, its expected that anyone above 18 is responsible for their action. No one have the time to counsel you. Most religious people see it this way. Maybe I will help people live their life the way they want it. Lol.

House some of them think amazes me. Everyday, I imagine and make plans how it will go. How I will train my kids all round. In US, after finishing High school, it is expected that you know about safety, basic car repairs, how to drive, and so many things about life. At high school, people are told the truth about religion and God and allowed to take decision.

Here, we take out politics to religion and where one come from. It hasn't led us to anywhere
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Quantum is bae indeed. I remember telling engineers that it will be impossible to produce unique things in this country without having an understanding of quantum physics. Most schools outside the country teaches their engineers quantum mechanics. Physics have helped me alot. It helps me to understand how life is and to be sincere, life have become so simple to me.

Yeah, God (not church doctrines etc) - Science - Humanity. I have a friend who is an atheist, but he isn't a physicist. I have told him that it is impossible to predict the future when he doesn't clearly understand the present. I am a Christian so I respect God and Christ too.

Planning is very necessary. Our population is pulling us down. See what is happening in the North, people keeping giving birth with no clear plan on how to raise them.

So what other freelancing do you do. Are you on fiverr?

Nah, not on Fiverr, too dull for me, on other platforms, got some Asian dudes that get me jobs so i don't do platforms tediously anymore....

Editing, Proofreading, Research Writing, Business Proposal Drafting, Graphics & Web Design, I draw up Biz Plans and construction. Well, i do anything that brings legit money, Email marketing is my forte too.

Engineers quantum mechanics is essential.I have been actively involved in political activism, and have been shouting the oligarchs and this party and that, until i took time to meditate last week, and from my soul i saw a different path, if we are not inhibited in our cognitive processes, then why do we hinge our inabilities on systems and not upon ourselves. No nation started on a flat ground... First research, and then action.

Did you read how Enrico Fermi experimented to put one of the first Nuclear chain reactions to plan? People know Einstein but there were other geniuses. Now, the west could not trust Einstein cause he was a German, so he was ousted, when Fermi assembled his apparatus, he didn't know it was going to work, he simply read up, drew research modules on paper, and went on to say guys let's do this..His fellow associates said he was crazy, he told them to stay behind and if the chain reaction failed, he was ready to die, he tried it and it worked and Viola, the first Nuclear Fission test was conducted out safely...

So we need to apply our creative inputs and channel them to use.

Yes @ teaching Engineers quantum mechanics, but we need to apply them. I learnt quantum physics on my own, can you believe we weren't taught one bit in school in our days? I don't know why folks think quantum mechanisms is too difficult to apprehend. And yes, we need the knowledge of quantum mechanics, other wise, we lose alot and can't harness the opportunities that lie in Engineering, machines, nature and production.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Lol. Exactly. Only on nairaland. In my family, its expected that anyone above 18 is responsible for their action. No one have the time to counsel you. Most religious people see it this way. Maybe I will help people live their life the way they want it. Lol.

House some of them think amazes me. Everyday, I imagine and make plans how it will go. How I will train my kids all round. In US, after finishing High school, it is expected that you know about safety, basic car repairs, how to drive, and so many things about life. At high school, people are told the truth about religion and God and allowed to take decision.

Here, we take out politics to religion and where one come from. It hasn't led us to anywhere

I agree. Once you turn 18 in my family, no one gives you tedious advice..How you lay your bed is how you lie on it..
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

The bold phrases are not connecting well to me. Anyway, let me normalize everything and speak on a neutral ground.

First, they is no law that says your child must start this first term. Starting now does not mean he/she can't start from second term or even third term. You can offer her exact thing she will be offered in the school when you are back from class. So plan yourself well and know you have a work when you come back. With that plan she will not miss a lot. Some of us that didn't go to nursery school but started from primary one are even better than some persons.

Secondly, You currently have a 2 weeks old baby, and you are pregnant again, yet single. Sorry to be harsh, but if what you said up there is true, then you don't have plan for yourself. You seem not to learn anything from stories and experiences people share here on nairaland. By same analogy, when you put to bed, you will get pregnant two weeks again and still remain single, please don't open another thread in that regard.

Lastly, my sister, this is 21st century. If you must Bleep, tell him to wear condom. Stop losing your sense when you are touched. Imagine what you are currently going through now. A baby, academics, and pregnancy. No one can love you more than you love yourself. This is hating your own self. To be sincere with you, you need to be strong now, have time for youself. Your mumu should have done by now. There are hard decisions you need to take now:
1. Suspend your school till you are done with child birth while still single
2. Let your child miss the first year in school. It has nothing to do with her cognitive reasoning
3. Get married to this man that is responsible for these innocent children that do not know how reckless their mum is. That is if its the same man that owns the two of them.
Let me stop here
i Shows U Didnt Take Tym To Read My Post, I Dnt Av A Child Yet, ...Going By Calculation. I Wil Av... Nt Av Ad. Plus Am Nt In Sec Skul, Abt To Resume Final Year In Uni

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thanks Everyone, Am Very Grateful.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Eyimofe2017: 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
hmmmm...
dear Op, congratulations in advance.
Every baby is unique and special irrespective of the circumstances surrounding his/her birth.
As per the day care issue, you can get very good day cares, especially if your school has a staff daycare system.. you can offer to tip the caregivers to give special attention to your child cos of the age.
You can't have lectures all through the day without breaks, you can check on the baby during the few breaks you get (why it is preferable you get a staff daycare or very close to school).

You might want to consider supplementary feeds for the baby too early enough.
My friend had her baby few days to exams and she did the above and baby was fine, she's six years now.

Just take it easy, one step at a time, believe me, you'll be fine.

As for the holier than thous spewing thrash carelessly,he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone cos even FP fails, condoms burst..@op was caught between a rock and a hard place,hers came in form of a baby she didn't really planned for now, yours might be something more serious.

Keeping a baby isn't the easiest of decisions to make, and abortion doesn't make anyone less pregnant or "unpregnant", it only makes you the mother of a dead child, she made a choice she can live with....better than aborting and regret for the rest of her life

She asked for advise not castigations.
Wishing you safe delivery @martins4christ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Eyimofe2017:
hmmmm...
Every baby is unique and special irrespective of the circumstances surrounding his/her birth.
As per the day care issue, you can get very good day cares, especially if your school has a staff daycare system.. you can offer to tip the caregivers to give special attention to your child cos of the age.
You can't have lectures all through the day without breaks, you can check on the baby during the few breaks you get (why it is preferable you get a staff daycare or very close to school).

My friend had her baby few days to exams and she did the above and baby was fine, she's six years now.

As for the holier than thous spewing thrash carelessly,he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone cos even FP fails, condoms burst..@op was caught between a rock and a hard place,hers came in form of a baby she didn't really planned for now, yours might be something more serious.

Keeping a baby isn't the easiest of decisions to make, and abortion doesn't make anyone less pregnant or "unpregnant", it only makes you the mother of a dead child, she made a choice she can live with....better than aborting and regret for the rest of her life

True
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

You are correct. Also I don't know how smart she is academically because a friend of mine was able to do the two, she stayed at home cared for her child, collected notes from classmates and read. She resumed for exams and did better than those that didn't have all that responsibilities.
thanks, Guess I Can Do That.

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Eyimofe2017:
hmmmm...

Wow. I Thats Where I Had In Mind. A Staff Daycare, Thanks A Lot For The Tips.

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
Martins4christ:
thanks, Guess I Can Do That.

I think that's the best option for you,
I know some people only go to school during tests and exams,
You can also try and explain to some lecturers (if there are some that are strict on attendance),if you feel they can be sympathetic.

Take care,
Safe delivery dear
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

ehn hen... leave my brother joor

Stay in your lane smiley
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
Daeylar:

Stay in your lane smiley

Okay mammy
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
Just make sure it's a center and not a home. In any case, ask for references before placing him/her there. Some schools have daycare, so ask. My University has a daycare but they mostly use it for research.

It's good to wait at least 2 months before putting a baby into daycare, because at 6 weeks he/she has not yet been vaccinated.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by AfonjaConehead: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pidgin2:
Baby mama, daycare is fine but get a good one

see this woman,so this is how u will take our 6wks old twins (yes nah,wen i hit u hard,u go know..shebi u be python dancing abi na dancing python?) to day care!! angry
tongue tongue grin
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by ststyreal(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

@First bold sentence ---- Op is a student, she have expressed herself, and she rightly pointed out in the bracket that she is single. She wasn't talking about any father or husband.

@Second bold sentence----You are trying to bring gender into this. No one attached gender issue here. Just like you will condemn an action irrespective of the gender, same way people are doing here. Please, kindly respond accordingl

Lastly, you didn't seem to offer her any advise rather, you tried interpreting what she wrote. It seems like its the same person using different moniker.
Mr physics, kindly take your time to read and digest properly before running your finger on that keyboard of yours

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 07, 2017
AfonjaConehead:

see this woman,so this is how u will take our 6wks old twins (yes nah,wen i hit u hard,u go know..shebi u be python dancing abi na dancing python?) to day care!! angry
tongue tongue grin

Yes na, I go do like dis. Oya hit me na don't wait , ,now! Or die with a withered hand. If u no hit me now e no go better for u cheesy
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Ishilove: 5:16am On Oct 07, 2017
mrphysics:

The bold phrases are not connecting well to me. Anyway, let me normalize everything and speak on a neutral ground.

First, they is no law that says your child must start this first term. Starting now does not mean he/she can't start from second term or even third term. You can offer her exact thing she will be offered in the school when you are back from class. So plan yourself well and know you have a work when you come back. With that plan she will not miss a lot. Some of us that didn't go to nursery school but started from primary one are even better than some persons.

Secondly, You currently have a 2 weeks old baby, and you are pregnant again, yet single. Sorry to be harsh, but if what you said up there is true, then you don't have plan for yourself. You seem not to learn anything from stories and experiences people share here on nairaland. By same analogy, when you put to bed, you will get pregnant two weeks again and still remain single, please don't open another thread in that regard.

There are hard decisions you need to take now:
1. Suspend your school till you are done with child birth while still single
2. Let your child miss the first year in school. It has nothing to do with her cognitive reasoning
3. Get married to this man that is responsible for these innocent children that do not know how reckless their mum is. That is if its the same man that owns the two of them.
Let me stop here
Lmao. You just turned logic on its head. Whatever you used to 'connect the dots' must be 'made in Taiwan' cheesy

You have made a lengthy post on something you don't understand. Kindly go back and reread her post, this time VERY slowly.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by AfonjaConehead: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Yes na, I go do like dis. Oya hit me na don't wait , ,now! Or die with a withered hand. If u no hit me now e no go better for u cheesy

python dancing tongue grin

u go hear am...
Dancing pythagoras tongue grin grin
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Lmao. You just turned logic on its head. Whatever you used to 'connect the dots' must be be made in Taiwan cheesy

You have made a lengthy post on something you don't understand. Kindly go back and reread her post, this time VERY slowly.

I weak, didn't know where to start correcting from.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
PaperLace:

I weak, didn't know where to start correcting from.
Hilarious grin
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by delishpot: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
mrphysics:

@First bold sentence ---- Op is a student, she have expressed herself, and she rightly pointed out in the bracket that she is single. She wasn't talking about any father or husband.

@Second bold sentence----You are trying to bring gender into this. No one attached gender issue here. Just like you will condemn an action irrespective of the gender, same way people are doing here. Please, kindly respond accordingly.

Lastly, you didn't seem to offer her any advise rather, you tried interpreting what she wrote. It seems like its the same person using different moniker.

You got it wrong...

She (OP) is a student, she got pregnant and unfortunately has to raise the baby on her own(single parent). By the time the baby will be born, she would be on break from school but 2 weeks after the baby's birth, her school will resume. She plans to stay home for another 1 month (4weeks) which means baby will be 6 weeks old by the time she is finally ready to go back to school. She is asking for our opinion what is best for baby.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by NoToPile: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
I have always said it that a lot of nairalanders don't read to understand.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Bookiemart01(f): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
I want to assume you are in a tertiary institution. Since school is just resuming, you can take your child along with you to school for now. Work load will kit be much for now if it's a new s session. I think your best bet is to take your child along with you. 6 weeks old is too young to be left in a crèche. The baby's immunity is not strong yet. You don't want your child contacting any illness at the crèche.

When you eventually decide to take your baby to school, please remember to always have hand sanitizer in your bag and always make anyone who wants to carry your baby use the sanitizer.

Martins4christ:
i really need advice. i am a student, currently pregnant. going by my calculation, my baby will be two weeks old when school resumes, i am planing on staying at home for a month to take care of LO. my concern is will i be able to drop a six weeks old baby at d school daycare, while i attend class? (i am a single, cant afford a personal nanny, and i have no family member around me) or is there a better way to go about it. am at my wits end.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Thank God For Safe Delivery.Mary Is Here kiss[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by NoToPile: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by sisisioge: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
Martins4christ:

Awww...Oluwaseun! May God bless our babies!

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
Martins4christ:

Congrats dear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lady Seeking Help On What To Do / What My Sister Did To Her Ex (pictures) / You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.