Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo (53780 Views)

Reason Why Zambia Natinoal Team Is Called Chipolopolo / How The Super Eagles Will Lineup Against The Chipolopolo Of Zambia / Nigerians reacts to chipolopolo is beating the eagles on Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017
nnokwa042:
ur national
stadium no be cows dey eat grass there now

Nwoke'm gbado ya dia! Ndi Nnokwa adighi eme otua.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AtheistSociety: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017

Few weeks to our first National Convention tagged Road to Reason. It will feature interactive sessions, talks on diverse topics related to atheism, science and religion in Nigeria. Don't be left out.

#ASNConvention2017

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

Do you even know what an offside is? I doubt that considering the fact that you're a girl...
That goal wasn't an offisde...you'll definitely support your country
So because na girl she no go know wetin be offside? My guy this is 1
2017 na, stop to dey reason like 1865 Fulani man

8 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by OKorowanta: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:
the thing Ghost me o. Phantom ko spirit ni, no be by force to speak wetin pass you na

Mr English tisha,
I know say for the world na only u be the person wey go see something wrong for dat simple sentence.
I nor surprise bicos anybody wey dey chop centipedes as breakfast dey get problem wit correct English.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobodys(f): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

Do you even know what an offside is? I doubt that considering the fact that you're a girl...
even zambia commentor agreed that it was offside.. Am a girl and u are a boy still doesnt change anything.. Go and watch d match again ,It was offside . Said ,stamped , and final..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by reality17(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:
The Zambians were the better side, they played better than us I'll have to admit that...and besides that goal wasn't an offiside, its obvious the referee has been bribed!

because d referee isnt an oyibo man right? If its not d use of goal line tech, i guess ppl like u will say 99% of d goals scored in EPL are off sides... Watch d goal again mr

4 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by stilldoingokay(f): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2017
Opinionated:
Nigeria’s Super Eagles defeated the Chipolopolo of Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on Saturday to qualify for the World Cup at the expense of their opponents.

Many Zambians have not taken this defeat well as our research on their comments after the defeat indicates as obtained from the Lusaka Times (https://www.lusakatimes.com/2017/10/07/nigeria-end-zambias-2018-dreams/).

Read their comments next:

Mzambia wa Zamani October 7, 2017 at 10:10 pm:

“Damn ,those Nigerian internet scammers must have used some cheating methods.Nigerians could never have qualified for Russia 2018 cleanly.”

Wanu Ngwee October 7, 2017 at 11:56 pm

“Now, can anyone help me understand why the Zambian soccer commentators on Supersport seem shy or scared to known to be supporting Chipolopolo- even when their counterparts are so clear about wanting their teams to win

AKASHAMBATWA October 8, 2017 at 12:10 am

“@1.4 Wenu …. it has angered me so much losing to a Team full of fluffers and hoopers from the English Premier league is so painful at least if those players came Seria A, LALIGA, BUNDASLIGA not EPL. It WILL TAKE ENGLAND ITSELF 200YRS FROM NOW TO WIN THE WORLD CUP, WHAT MORE FOREIGN PLAYERS.

Just see how coaches from top EPL clubs sweat and pant in UEFA Champions league when paired with likes of BARCELONA, BAYERN, MADRID. JUVENTUS, PSG.”

Nostradamus October 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

“I blame the PF government, they used all energies discussing corruption allegations. Forgetting that Nigeria, the world best thieves were offering $10,000 to each player just to beat Zambia.
2021.”

Flagrante Delicto October 7, 2017 at 10:36 pm

“Hard luck to our boys. You gave all you could but this world is run by shadow governments and the elite. If we had won today the Nigerians would have used all means possible (match fixing included) to beat Algeria. It’s a money game at the end of the day as confirmed by Herve Renard when he told CAF that you could not allow Zambia to go to the world cup coz Zambia is not ****. Sorry if I’ve offended someone.”

Enka October 8, 2017 at 1:49 am

“Emotions aside ,clearly the better team won.Even by comparing decades of int’l performances and stats Nigeria clearly stands out as having better experience than chipolopolo.Lets not kid ourselves Zambia -we’re still toddlers in football while Naija is a teenager.”
Kayla October 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

“Games like that need experienced players you can not drop almost all the experienced players and replace them new ones. You blend them not just dropping them for your own reasons. Don’t be prejudiced give give the older players a chance and slowly phase them out. That was a competitive game that needed the help of the seniors.. players straight from dynamos or Zanaco with no exposure.. the won the last game but I still insist that every game is different… No player is indispensable but please don’t just snub players because you have that power…be humble.”

The THIRD EYE October 8, 2017 at 6:23 am

“Defeat is painful and frustrating to anyone of us…But we must show the spirit of sportmanship…Nigeria has beaten Zambia both in their home and away.This means the Super Eagles are the better team.

Zambia has a good team (zero to zero in the first half of the game), but they met a better team.

Football is not played in the media or in the pages of the newspapers…( The Zambian Coach should note that “pride goes before a fall”)….statements like…I am praying for Nigeria to lose to Cameroun or I am coming to inflict pain on all Nigerians…are beyond a psychological warefare, but plain stupid. Congratulations Super Eagles. May God bless Nigeria and help all the other nations.”

Sorry Zambians better luck next time.

I don't think the last comment is from a Zambian ooh.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by wintersnow(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2017
safarigirl:
you that is a man, you don't even know what an offside is.

Go back and rewatch that match instead of embarrassing your gender. The guy was offside before he scored, not even after.

You wouldn't be typing this thrash if the goal was scored by Nigeria and it was disallowed!
We should stop deceiving ourselves, that goal clearly wasn't an offside, he was inches behind the last defender... He ran as soon as the ball was passed to him..which clearly doesn't .make it an offside goal
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by fabre4: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Op sha, you sef no try...

You just handpicked the bad comments first and padded it with a few good comments. I was on the website yesterday and there were lotsa matured Zambians who commended the Eagles and admitted that the best team won.

But someone made a statement that rang true: He said Nigerians are fond of tongue lashing other African countries in an arrogant way. The guy even mentioned Nairaland. That's the reason he was dishing back all of that.

I remembered clearly when we last visited Zambia and a report of how the citizens were happy to see Obi and co, someone here on Nairaland said something so appalling about Zambia girls.

Point is, let us learn to respect other African countries. Because they are trying.to dish back to us what 'we' dish to them... And there are a lot of loopholes to attack Naija from.

which website
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2017
I don't even understand their English
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by reality17(m): 8:02am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

FIFA referee oya define offside

3 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobodys(f): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:

So because na girl she no go know wetin be offside? My guy this is 1
2017 na, stop to dey reason like 1865 Fulani man
lol dear.. Dont mind the boy...

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Adebowale89(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:

You just handpicked the bad comments first and padded it with a few good comments. I was on the website yesterday and there were lotsa matured Zambians who commended the Eagles and admitted that the best team won.

But someone made a statement that rang true: He said Nigerians are fond of tongue lashing other African countries in an arrogant way. The guy even mentioned Nairaland. That's the reason he was dishing back all of that.

I remembered clearly when we last visited Zambia and a report of how the citizens were happy to see Obi and co, someone here on Nairaland said something so appalling about Zambia girls.

Point is, let us learn to respect other African countries. Because they are trying.to dish back to us what 'we' dish to them... And there are a lot of loopholes to attack Naija from.

true that bro, I was wondering when I started reading the comments. Zambia loves Nigerian a lots, I haven't been to Zambia before but I ve nothing less than 10 Zambian friends both guys and ladies on Fb from Lusaka who do talk gud abt Nigerians

we should learn to love ourselves and love other Africans. we are one

4 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2017
OKorowanta:

Mr English tisha,
I know say for the world na only u be the person wey go see something wrong for dat simple sentence.
I nor surprise bicos anybody wey dey chop centipedes as breakfast dey get problem wit correct English.
Okorowanta mu wa bu English tisha eziokwu but na fathom no be phantom Oga. You still dey here dey chest beat on top wetin you fail chai. Abeg carry your L for back like Ukwu nwanyi Asaba grin

6 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2017
safarigirl:
you that is a man, you don't even know what an offside is.

Go back and rewatch that match instead of embarrassing your gender. The guy was offside before he scored, not even after.
Is it possible to be offside after scoring? shocked
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2017

Flagrante Delicto October 7, 2017 at 10:36 pm

“Hard luck to our boys. You gave all you could but this world is run by shadow governments and the elite. If we had won today the Nigerians would have used all means possible (match fixing included) to beat Algeria. It’s a money game at the end of the day as confirmed by Herve Renard when he told CAF that you could not allow Zambia to go to the world cup coz Zambia is not ****. Sorry if I’ve offended someone.”

Enka October 8, 2017 at 1:49 am

“Emotions aside ,clearly the better team won.Even by comparing decades of int’l performances and stats Nigeria clearly stands out as having better experience than chipolopolo.Lets not kid ourselves Zambia -we’re still toddlers in football while Naija is a teenager.”
Kayla October 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

“Games like that need experienced players you can not drop almost all the experienced players and replace them new ones. You blend them not just dropping them for your own reasons. Don’t be prejudiced give give the older players a chance and slowly phase them out. That was a competitive game that needed the help of the seniors.. players straight from dynamos or Zanaco with no exposure.. the won the last game but I still insist that every game is different… No player is indispensable but please don’t just snub players because you have that power…be humble.”

The THIRD EYE October 8, 2017 at 6:23 am

“Defeat is painful and frustrating to anyone of us…But we must show the spirit of sportmanship…Nigeria has beaten Zambia both in their home and away.This means the Super Eagles are the better team.

Zambia has a good team (zero to zero in the first half of the game), but they met a better team.

Football is not played in the media or in the pages of the newspapers…( The Zambian Coach should note that “pride goes before a fall”)….statements like…I am praying for Nigeria to lose to Cameroun or I am coming to inflict pain on all Nigerians…are beyond a psychological warefare, but plain stupid. Congratulations Super Eagles. May God bless Nigeria and help all the other nations.”

Sorry Zambians better luck next time.

Among many fools, you'd always find some sensible persons.

These guys were spot-on .

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Mrfixitxtech: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2017
Them hate Nigerians no be small.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by kennystones: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
But how did we get to this stage.we are known worldwide for internet scamming. Applaudise
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AreaFada2: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
safarigirl:
oga, the word is 'fathom' not phantom. If you must use big English, use it well.

And their goal was disallowed because the referee blew for offside even before the uncle that scored kicked the ball in the net. You people should pay a little more attention when you watch games

The goalscorer was kind of played on-side by one of our players, a defender I think. But another Zam player on the left wing seemed slightly off side but had little influence on the play at that point. But it depends on how the ref & linesmen see it from their position on the pitch.

Many clearly off side goals stand and vice versa.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Nobodys:
lol dear.. Dont mind the boy...
He was actually right, replays showed that goal was not offside. However that's football for you cheesy
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by mazimee(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:

Which website is that bro? I want to read their comments too
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2017
the Zambia played well and its best we commend them. .don't know why they should be calling us names. .no wonder fifa does not mix politics with football but come to think of it, who Zambia think they are in African football. .na. wa o!

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Artistree: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! The hate is real. Look at all the flimsy excuses they are bringing up for their loss. But these Zambians are good with written English though.
I noticed their use of English too, impeccable!

4 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by surgical: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Did anyone note how Nigerians are held in contempt? We're seen as a nation of scammers & thieves even when we won fair & square.
That was the appellation your president alhaji saint'' buhari gave to you guys when he was Globetrotting and it has stuck since then. what a president.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by safarigirl(f): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2017
AreaFada2:

The goalscorer was kind of played on-side by one of our players, a defender I think. But another Zam player on the left wing seemed slightly off side but had little influence on the play at that point. But it depends on how the ref & linesmen see it from their position on the pitch.

Many clearly off side goals stand and vice versa.
he wasn't. He was off by a few inches though it looked like he was onside.

These things are always a close call, but it could go 50-50.....and banking on one off goal means you didn't deserve a win to be sincere. If thewy were so good, they would have scored a legit goal before the game ended and they wouldn't have to be shouting about a so and so goal

3 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by kay29000(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2017
Artistree:

I noticed their use of English too, impeccable!

Yea.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by sydneyboss(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

You wouldn't be typing this thrash if the goal was scored by Nigeria and it was disallowed!
We should stop deceiving ourselves, that goal clearly wasn't an offside, he was inches behind the last defender... He ran as soon as the ball was passed to him..which clearly doesn't .make it an offside goal

Oga, since you are a better refree, why not go take the whistle and blow it offside or better still go to court of sports to report it wasn't an offside goal. You are the one typing thrash, how can u see a clear offside and still shouting its a goal. If you need a glass to watch the game again. I'll kindly help you with one. Before that guy kicked the ball, the offside flag have been raised. So what's your claim exactly?

Shift abeg

6 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by degamemaster(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Did anyone note how Nigerians are held in contempt? We're seen as a nation of scammers & thieves even when we won fair & square.
My dear I thought I was the only person that noticed it. That line pained and also made me laugh really hard at same time. Those guys are not happy with us but I think to an extent we brought the insults on ourselves . Congratulations to us for the winning but no thanks to our "best thieves of the world" statues.

3 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by wristbangle: 8:09am On Oct 09, 2017
Thirdeye and Enka's comments are spot on! You would know a good sport analyst by their comments.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by safarigirl(f): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2017
NoFavors:
Is it possible to be offside after scoring? shocked
yes, have you not seen many players score a goal and begin celebration only to be called offside?

Have you not seen when the scoreboard has already been updated, only for the one goal to change after the ref calls offside?

The referee has to make the CALL and that offside call can come before or after the ball has entered the net.

It's like you are just another one of those people trying to seem smart when you're not?

7 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by mazimee(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2017
Mrfixitxtech:
Them hate Nigerians no be small.

Uncle which website is this, I want see their comments too
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by stilldoingokay(f): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:
The Zambians were the better side, they played better than us I'll have to admit that...and besides that goal wasn't an offiside, its obvious the referee has been bribed!

yes you're right, their play better, the Nigeria team are just their, there don't even seem that serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Manchester United Confirms Signing Odion Ighalo (Screenshot) / Emiliano Sala Died From Head And Chest Injuries!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.