Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo (53808 Views)

Reason Why Zambia Natinoal Team Is Called Chipolopolo / How The Super Eagles Will Lineup Against The Chipolopolo Of Zambia / Nigerians reacts to chipolopolo is beating the eagles on Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Cooleasy(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2017
motivationspika:
Honestly, their written English is second to none. You can use this to say that our standard of education has fallen when compared to the Zambians. They wrote as though their write-ups will be examined afterwards. They wrote with finesse and elegance because that was how they were trained right from childhood. But because our educational standard(from primary to higher institution) has fallen, this is why our reasoning standard together with our writing standard has also fallen. If you say that English is not our native language, ask your self if it was not the language of instructions in schools. Besides, ask the Zambians whose language of instruction is English too if they do not have their native languages.
Those Zambians can write good English for Africa. Me too I noticed the very good grammar before even reading up to their fourth comment. I salute them big time.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Horlufemi(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Did anyone note how Nigerians are held in contempt? We're seen as a nation of scammers & thieves even when we won fair & square.

Like who cares. We will still go to their country and own all their ladies
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2017
Opinionated:
Nigeria’s Super Eagles defeated the Chipolopolo of Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on Saturday to qualify for the World Cup at the expense of their opponents.

Many Zambians have not taken this defeat well as our research on their comments after the defeat indicates as obtained from the Lusaka Times (https://www.lusakatimes.com/2017/10/07/nigeria-end-zambias-2018-dreams/).

Read their comments next:

Mzambia wa Zamani October 7, 2017 at 10:10 pm:

“Damn ,those Nigerian internet scammers must have used some cheating methods.Nigerians could never have qualified for Russia 2018 cleanly.”

Wanu Ngwee October 7, 2017 at 11:56 pm

“Now, can anyone help me understand why the Zambian soccer commentators on Supersport seem shy or scared to known to be supporting Chipolopolo- even when their counterparts are so clear about wanting their teams to win

AKASHAMBATWA October 8, 2017 at 12:10 am

“@1.4 Wenu …. it has angered me so much losing to a Team full of fluffers and hoopers from the English Premier league is so painful at least if those players came Seria A, LALIGA, BUNDASLIGA not EPL. It WILL TAKE ENGLAND ITSELF 200YRS FROM NOW TO WIN THE WORLD CUP, WHAT MORE FOREIGN PLAYERS.

Just see how coaches from top EPL clubs sweat and pant in UEFA Champions league when paired with likes of BARCELONA, BAYERN, MADRID. JUVENTUS, PSG.”

Nostradamus October 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

“I blame the PF government, they used all energies discussing corruption allegations. Forgetting that Nigeria, the world best thieves were offering $10,000 to each player just to beat Zambia.
2021.”

Flagrante Delicto October 7, 2017 at 10:36 pm

“Hard luck to our boys. You gave all you could but this world is run by shadow governments and the elite. If we had won today the Nigerians would have used all means possible (match fixing included) to beat Algeria. It’s a money game at the end of the day as confirmed by Herve Renard when he told CAF that you could not allow Zambia to go to the world cup coz Zambia is not ****. Sorry if I’ve offended someone.”

Enka October 8, 2017 at 1:49 am

“Emotions aside ,clearly the better team won.Even by comparing decades of int’l performances and stats Nigeria clearly stands out as having better experience than chipolopolo.Lets not kid ourselves Zambia -we’re still toddlers in football while Naija is a teenager.”
Kayla October 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

“Games like that need experienced players you can not drop almost all the experienced players and replace them new ones. You blend them not just dropping them for your own reasons. Don’t be prejudiced give give the older players a chance and slowly phase them out. That was a competitive game that needed the help of the seniors.. players straight from dynamos or Zanaco with no exposure.. the won the last game but I still insist that every game is different… No player is indispensable but please don’t just snub players because you have that power…be humble.”

The THIRD EYE October 8, 2017 at 6:23 am

“Defeat is painful and frustrating to anyone of us…But we must show the spirit of sportmanship…Nigeria has beaten Zambia both in their home and away.This means the Super Eagles are the better team.

Zambia has a good team (zero to zero in the first half of the game), but they met a better team.

Football is not played in the media or in the pages of the newspapers…( The Zambian Coach should note that “pride goes before a fall”)….statements like…I am praying for Nigeria to lose to Cameroun or I am coming to inflict pain on all Nigerians…are beyond a psychological warefare, but plain stupid. Congratulations Super Eagles. May God bless Nigeria and help all the other nations.”

Sorry Zambians better luck next time.

As usual, the people with sense came late...judging by the last two comments. But really our image out there is not really the best.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Swanzi(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
we are just too smart for most Africans. Just few people give us that name, but it's rubbing off on all of us.

For your mind.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by ruggedtimi(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! The hate is real. Look at all the flimsy excuses they are bringing up for their loss. But these Zambians are good with written English though.
zambians have one of the best english accent in africa, they sound more like the filipinos

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by BluntBoy(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:

You wouldn't be typing this thrash if the goal was scored by Nigeria and it was disallowed!
We should stop deceiving ourselves, that goal clearly wasn't an offside, he was inches behind the last defender... He ran as soon as the ball was passed to him..which clearly doesn't .make it an offside goal

Supposing he was inches behind the defender, was the whistle blown before he hit the ball into the net?

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by kay29000(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2017
ruggedtimi:
zambians have one of the best english accent in africa, they sound more like the filipinos

Interesting. I will checkout some of their celebrities on Youtube. Thanks for this comment.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Swanzi(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Whether they like it or not, Super Eagles are already through to Russia...i just pity the Ghanian haters the more...their team won't be in Russia...

We lost it from the start when we drew with
Uganda in Ghana,after 3 consecutive world cups the hunger was no longer there but
Fortunately for us we rebuilding n we will bounce back..
I must say Ghanaians are not disappointed ..what Ghanaians are really waiting for is the afcon trophy.
But we will support Nigeria n all Africans teams.
Best of luck wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by mechanics(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2017
Okay, all we know his that we won them.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by OKorowanta: 11:13am On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:

Okorowanta mu wa bu English tisha eziokwu but na fathom no be phantom Oga. You still dey here dey chest beat on top wetin you fail chai. Abeg carry your L for back like Ukwu nwanyi Asaba grin

If I were you I would diplomatically quote,' do u mean fathom or phantom'?
but because u so crave for likes dat u wud never be paid for,
You took the other route.
Sidon dia dey show your kpai number.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! The hate is real. Look at all the flimsy excuses they are bringing up for their loss. But these Zambians are good with written English though.
They are better educated than Nigerians. I enjoyed reading their comments. Now, juxtapose the standard of their grammar with the watery, unnecessarily abbreviated and pedestrian crap Nigerians, especially Nairalanders write.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by makydebbie(f): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
Swanzi:

We lost it from the start when we drew with
Uganda in Ghana,after 3 consecutive world cups the hunger was no longer there but
Fortunately for us we rebuilding n we will bounce back..
I must say Ghanaians are not disappointed ..what Ghanaians are really waiting for is the afcon trophy.
But we will support Nigeria n all Africans teams.
Best of luck wink
This is rare maturity.

When Ghana won the WAFU, Nigerians couldn't do this, accept defeat and go. They had to troll and insult everything about Ghana.

I really applaud you for this. Best of luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by BluntBoy(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
lacidi:
The Zambian "goal" was clearly offside and the linesman raised his flag immediately the ball came to the Zambian. The ref also blew the whistle but the player continued playing pretending not to hear. If you watch the replay, you will see the flag go up immediately and Balogun stopped running back.

This is a freeze shot of the offside showing the straight line and where the last defender was.

God bless you.

I don't even know why they are calling it a "disallowed goal" when the whistle had gone before he netted it. He should have even been booked.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Op sha, you sef no try...

You just handpicked the bad comments first and padded it with a few good comments. I was on the website yesterday and there were lotsa matured Zambians who commended the Eagles and admitted that the best team won.

But someone made a statement that rang true: He said Nigerians are fond of tongue lashing other African countries in an arrogant way. The guy even mentioned Nairaland. That's the reason he was dishing back all of that.

I remembered clearly when we last visited Zambia and a report of how the citizens were happy to see Obi and co, someone here on Nairaland said something so appalling about Zambia girls.

Point is, let us learn to respect other African countries. Because they are trying.to dish back to us what 'we' dish to them... And there are a lot of loopholes to attack Naija from.

Nigerians are always bitter, arrogant, contemptous and completely bereft of poise and finesse when dealing with others. Thumbs up to the few polished 9ja with poise and etiquette.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Origin(f): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Op sha, you sef no try...

You just handpicked the bad comments first and padded it with a few good comments. I was on the website yesterday and there were lotsa matured Zambians who commended the Eagles and admitted that the best team won.

But someone made a statement that rang true: He said Nigerians are fond of tongue lashing other African countries in an arrogant way. The guy even mentioned Nairaland. That's the reason he was dishing back all of that.

I remembered clearly when we last visited Zambia and a report of how the citizens were happy to see Obi and co, someone here on Nairaland said something so appalling about Zambia girls.

Point is, let us learn to respect other African countries. Because they are trying.to dish back to us what 'we' dish to them... And there are a lot of loopholes to attack Naija from.

Thank you very much.

Elders say:
It is the habits learnt from home that we carry outside.

A lot of hatred, bias and intolerance lives in so many people. But it reflects the kind of homes they were raised.

Anonymity does not legitimize bad behaviour.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by kay29000(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2017
Zionista:

They are better educated than Nigerians. I enjoyed reading their comments. Now, juxtapose the standard of their grammar with the watery, unnecessarily abbreviated and pedestrian crap Nigerians, especially Nairalanders write.

True. The difference is so clear.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2017
Zambians are well cultured and meek people, I don't know why Nigerian bloggers like to post biased report just to pull traffic. Have got one Zambian friend on Facebook, her name is Ellen, the lady is an epitome of beauty and well educated.

Football is just a game, you win some, you lose some. We are brothers because, we are Africans.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2017
ruggedtimi:

Filipino ke? Uncle nah the same people from the Philippines who speak Tagalog we dey about?

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by zanogo(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2017
Adebowale89:

true that bro, I was wondering when I started reading the comments. Zambia loves Nigerian a lots, I haven't been to Zambia before but I ve nothing less than 10 Zambian friends both guys and ladies on Fb from Lusaka who do talk gud abt Nigerians

we should learn to love ourselves and love other Africans. we are one
yal, you are very correct, zambia is a country i really like a lot without any reason, and i know they really like nigerians but those comments are inevitable because of the heat of the match.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Mujtahida: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
motivationspika:
Honestly, their written English is second to none. You can use this to say that our standard of education has fallen when compared to the Zambians. They wrote as though their write-ups will be examined afterwards. They wrote with finesse and elegance because that was how they were trained right from childhood. But because our educational standard(from primary to higher institution) has fallen, this is why our reasoning standard together with our writing standard has also fallen. If you say that English is not our native language, ask your self if it was not the language of instructions in schools. Besides, ask the Zambians whose language of instruction is English too if they do not have their native languages.
I followed the exchanges between the Zambians and Nigerians on social media especially Facebook before the match and one thing struck me:they write excellent English or at least fair while many Nigerian respondents were abysmally poor. The Zambians even noticed it.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by OKorowanta: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
safarigirl:
oga, the word is 'fathom' not phantom. If you must use big English, use it well.

And their goal was disallowed because the referee blew for offside even before the uncle that scored kicked the ball in the net. You people should pay a little more attention when you watch games

Listen to yourself.
Where is d diplomacy in your write up.
Wetin u dey try achieve?
Wot is wrong with u telling me. ..''Guess u wanted to say fathom but not phantom"
I would av seen dat as constructive but u dey hia dey yarn dust full ground.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by OKorowanta: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
safarigirl:
oga, the word is 'fathom' not phantom. If you must use big English, use it well.

And their goal was disallowed because the referee blew for offside even before the uncle that scored kicked the ball in the net. You people should pay a little more attention when you watch games

Listen to yourself.
Where is the diplomacy in your write up.
Wetin u dey try achieve?
Wot is wrong with u telling me. ..''Guess u wanted to say fathom but not phantom"
I would av seen dat as constructive but u dey hia dey yarn dust full ground.
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by persius555(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:

Good you noticed this too. They must have a high literate rate. The best way to win in life s to win early. Make hay while the sun shines.

They lost the world cup ticket in their first game in Lusaka.

2 Likes

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by olisaemeka1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:
The Zambians were the better side, they played better than us I'll have to admit that...and besides that goal wasn't an offiside, its obvious the referee has been bribed!
Zambian spotted .......you never have to be the better side to win ....experience counts besides football is not won by playing a very fine game ...it's won by scoring goals ..

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Swanzi(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
makydebbie:
This is rare maturity.

When Ghana won the WAFU, Nigerians couldn't do this, accept defeat and go. They had to troll and insult everything about Ghana.

I really applaud you for this. Best of luck to Nigeria.

Yeah true we just got to show maturity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Mhyketh(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
wintersnow:
The Zambians were the better side, they played better than us I'll have to admit that...and besides that goal wasn't an offiside, its obvious the referee has been bribed!
no you are a zambian.

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by Shalom51(f): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:
You need to see the way they were boasting on Zamfoot since September and their reactions after the game. Check the comments after every article.

http://zambianfootball.co.zm/
Pride goes before a fall even the bible says so. they took their defeat seriously and fought back to gain success.that is determination.the fact that the super eagles lost last time doesnt mean they are losers forever, look @ how we all came together and stood by them and boom the nation won and every one is happy. why cant we do same to restructure the country, we become a nation when it comes to football but fall apart after it is over. lets keep our differences aside, stand they way we stood for the eagles in oneness and build nigeria.*God bless us*
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nobodys:
ermmm :p okay.. We won sha and dats what important...now am looking for who will take me along to russia...
That one na small thing like naija economy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
grin grin

If FIFA try that one, na infantino go lose him prick. We don go jare.

See you in semi final
Semi final ke? Bros no vex o, you from Brazil? grin
Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by KingTom(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
OKorowanta:

If I were you I would diplomatically quote,' do u mean fathom or phantom'?
but because u so crave for likes dat u wud never be paid for,
You took the other route.
Sidon dia dey show your kpai number.
Oh you dey vex? You dey vex for person wey you no sabi on top phone? Chai sorry Ehn oya bia werre biscuit I na ta biscuit? Ngwa bia werre grin

Re: How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:
Semi final ke? Bros no vex o, you from Brazil? grin
I smell Nigeria from my head to the arch of my foot. grin

Na semi finals we de reach, by God's grace. Mark my words.

Na next year na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Football Prophecy For 2016 / Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.