Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! (7895 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2017
plainbibletruth:

How is it a lie?

In a translation, Jesus is one & Only son

in another, he is begotten son

in another he is the unique son

lies lies lies
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by plainbibletruth: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

In a translation, Jesus is one & Only son

in another, she is begotten son

in another he is the unique son

lies lies lies

So, in your reasoning if a document said:
XYZ is a country.
XYZ is a nation.
XYZ is a people.
then is it a lie because of using different ways to describe the same XYZ?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2017
plainbibletruth:

So, in your reasoning if a document said:
XYZ is a country.
XYZ is a nation.
XYZ is a people.
then is it a lie because of using different ways to describe the same XYZ?

Then those that wrote that document are either mistaken or liars!

How can you tell me that one and only son of God= Begotten son of God = unique son of God?

I think this are lies! To confuse us that Jesus is more than a man.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Then those that wrote that document are either mistaken or liars!

How can you tell me that one and only son of God= Begotten son of God = unique son of God?

I think this are lies! To confuse us that Jesus is more than a man.

Of course, He is more than man- He is God for to know Him is to know God and He and His Father are One.

Was He born the same way we are?
Did prophets prophesied about our coming?
Did He lived the way we are living?
Can we do what He did/does/doing?
Tell me a love greater than what He did on the Cross.

Even the Koran testify that He is a Saviour.

John 1(NASB): 1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God. 2 He was in the
beginning with God. 3 All things came
into being through Him, and apart from
Him nothing came into being that has
come into being. 4 In Him was life, and
the life was the Light of men. 5 The
Light shines in the darkness, and the
darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And the Word became flesh, and
dwelt among us, and we saw His glory,
glory as of the only begotten from the
Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John
testified about Him and cried out,
saying, “This was He of whom I said,
‘He who comes after me has a higher
rank than I, for He existed before
me.’” 16 For of His fullness we have
all received, and grace upon grace.
17 For the Law was given through
Moses; grace and truth were realized
through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has
seen God at any time; the only begotten
God who is in the bosom of the Father,
He has explained Him.

In case you don't know who Christ is, the above verses should give you an insight and note that Jesus is The Word: The Word of God.

PS: 9 There was the true Light which,
coming into the world, enlightens every
man. 10 He was in the world, and the
world was made through Him, and the
world did not know Him. 11 He came to
His own, and those who were His own
did not receive Him. 12 But as many as
received Him, to them He gave the right
to become children of God, even to
those who believe in His name, 13 who
were born, not of blood nor of the will
of the flesh nor of the will of man, but
of God.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by true2god: 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Stop being a pessimist, Jesus Christ was said to wine & Dine with sinners! We are not encouraged to do all those sins but we are told the Importance of worshiping Allah only without ascribing partners to Him.

Jesus was asked which commandment is the Greatest and his response was similar to Worshiping the one and only God with all your might.

There are other commandments like do not steal,do not fornicate etc but he did not mention all that. I think a word is enough for the wise!
Worshiping one God is not the exclusive doctrine of Islam. The Jews and the Christians had been preaching 'one God' even when Mohammed's father and grandfather were worshiping the Arabian idol in kabba.

James 2:19 says:

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

The above Bible verse summarizes Islam's monotonous and trademark claim that worshiping only one God, being it Ogun, Ifa, Alusi, Tchukwu, Obong, is OK as long as you claim to worship only one God. The question you need ask yourself is, is allahh the true god or an Arabian idol?

Mohammed's father and grandfather are both idol worshipper, what make Mohammed different from them? Nothing, except that he heard an entity, who never told him he was angel jibril, but another person, waraqa told him he must have been an angel jibril that spoke to him (Mohammed). If waraqa had told Mohammed a lie how can he verify?

Islam is based on Waraqa who told Mohammed that the demon he saw at the cave of Hirah was an angel. Waraqa assisted Mohammed start Islam.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
true2god:
Worshiping one God is not the exclusive doctrine of Islam. The Jews and the Christians had been preaching 'one God' even when Mohammed's father and grandfather were worshiping the Arabian idol in kabba.

James 2:19 says:

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

The above Bible verse summarizes Islam's monotonous and trademark claim that worshiping only one God, being it Ogun, Ifa, Alusi, Tchukwu, Obong, is OK as long as you claim to worship only one God. The question you need ask yourself is, is allahh the true god or an Arabian idol?

Mohammed's father and grandfather are both idol worshipper, what make Mohammed different from them? Nothing, except that he heard an entity, who never told him he was angel jibril, but another person, waraqa told him he must have been an angel jibril that spoke to him (Mohammed). If waraqa had told Mohammed a lie how can he verify?

Islam is based on Waraqa who told Mohammed that the demon he saw at the cave of Hirah was an angel. Waraqa assisted Mohammed start Islam.

I don't really know what is wrong with you Christians. who is James? James what? what do you know about him? Is the Gospel of James the Gospel Jesus was sent to preach?

Why not quote where Jesus talked about the Greatest commandment?

I cant really pinpoint your problem. You have nothing to fault our history. It's better to keep mute pls.

Every Messengers preached the concept of One and Only God (not 3 in one). Moses, Abraham and all other never believed in three in one Gods. We can say the Christians worship three gods and some pray to Mary as the mother of god.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jameslad:

Of course, He is more than man- He is God for to know Him is to know God and He and His Father are One.

Was He born the same way we are?
Did prophets prophesied about our coming?
Did He lived the way we are living?
Can we do what He did/does/doing?
Tell me a love greater than what He did on the Cross.

Even the Koran testify that He is a Saviour.

John 1(NASB): 1 In the beginning was the Word,
Word was God. 2 He was in the
beginning with God. 3 All things came
into being through Him, and apart from
Him nothing came into being that has
come into being. 4 In Him was life, and
the life was the Light of men. 5 The
Light shines in the darkness, and the
darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And the Word became flesh, and
dwelt among us, and we saw His glory,
glory as of the only begotten from the
Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John
testified about Him and cried out,
saying, “This was He of whom I said,
‘He who comes after me has a higher
rank than I, for He existed before
me.’” 16 For of His fullness we have
all received, and grace upon grace.
17 For the Law was given through
Moses; grace and truth were realized
through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has
seen God at any time; the only begotten
God who is in the bosom of the Father,
He has explained Him.

In case you don't know who Christ is, the above verses should give you an insight and note that Jesus is The Word: The Word of God.

PS: 9 There was the true Light which,
coming into the world, enlightens every
man. 10 He was in the world, and the
world was made through Him, and the
world did not know Him. 11 He came to
His own, and those who were His own
did not receive Him. 12 But as many as
received Him, to them He gave the right
to become children of God, even to
those who believe in His name, 13 who
were born, not of blood nor of the will
of the flesh nor of the will of man, but
of God.

1. ok, who created Jesus?

2. God is three in one, and the three are one, so when Jesus died for three days & nights did the other gods die or there remained only two gods?

3. Jesus was asked when the world would end but he does not know the answer. He said only God the Father knows. His knowledge is limited just like our too. is he really God just because he did miracles and he had no father?

4. Adam had no father too, Eve has no mother, so why is Jesus God?

5. Other Prophets did Miracles and they were not called god. Why is Jesus special?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by true2god: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I don't really know what is wrong with you Christians. who is James? James what? what do you know about him? Is the Gospel of James the Gospel Jesus was sent to preach?

Why not quote where Jesus talked about the Greatest commandment?

I cant really pinpoint your problem. You have nothing to fault our history. It's better to keep mute pls.

Every Messengers preached the concept of One and Only God (not 3 in one). Moses, Abraham and all other never believed in three in one Gods. We can say Christians worship three gods and some pray to Mary as the mother of god.
Oh, so the epistle of James, who was one of the disciples or sahabas of Jesus, is not important while your hadith, where Mohammed never spoke directly is very perfect, only second to the Qur'an. Islamic magical logic is perfectly skewed. Why do you condemn the epistles of the early Christians while you accept the hadith?

You need not throw ad-homein around while you refused to face the argument. There is nowhere the Bible talked about 3 gods. What the Bible taught is one God (the father), who send his son (which Mohammed denied) while the son promised the coming of the holy spirit. Mohammed, being an illiterate, and ignorant of the Torah and the injil, assumed that the Bible taught God the father, Jesus the son and Mary, instead of the holy spirit (Quran 9:28-30). If Mohammed had understood this simple Christian doctrine, he wouldn't have put Muslims into this serious confusion.

As I said earlier, anybody can believe in one God, but which of the one God are you talking about? Is it the Arabian god called allahh that Mohammed forcefully promoted into a supreme being or Yahweh who the Jews had been serving, thousand of years, before Mohammed was born? Is it not the same allahh that Mohammed's grandfather was worshipping before naming his son Abdullah (slave of allahh)? Read you sirah by ibn Ishaq and ibn Hisham.

The problem is when an illiterate and irrational man claimed to receive revelations such that he forgot some, and also failed to write them down with his own hand, to ensure a zero-tolerance of scribal error. And unfortunately many people are following and reverencing this so-called illiterate prophet.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

2. God is three in one, and the three are one, so when Jesus died for three days & nights did the other gods die or there remained only two gods?

3. Jesus was asked when the world would end but he does not know the answer. He said only God the Father knows. His knowledge is limited just like our too. is he really God just because he did miracles and he had no father?

5. Other Prophets did Miracles and they were not called god. Why is Jesus special?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

1. Jesus is the Son of God and He come forth from God. He and His Father are One. No one Created God I hope you that.

2. Jesus is the Saviour of the World. The bible said, God was manifested in the flesh...of course God comes to us in the flesh and put on a human form to receive us unto Himself. Jesus is the Son of God because He speaks like one that have authority yet, He speaks not of His authority but One who sent Him. So the Son Jesus Christ is with us to achieve the Father's aim.
Note, God lives, Jesus lives and He(Jesus) sit at the right hand of the Father BUT they are One in purpose. And He that has the Son has the Father. Jesus plainly said his simply laying His life that He might take it again. So, when Jesus "died" He is fulfilling what was prophesied and I besides the Father knows and the Comforter(Holy Spirit) is yet to come.

3. Jesus, the form of God came in our likeness. If you read the Bible, you'd find out that He is called the Son of Man: yeah, the Son of Man that feels what you feel: hunger, thirst, sleep and tiredness. But the Word was made flesh for a purpose: Save the Word. Lemme ask you where is Jesus? He is Divine and has ascend to Heaven and even your Koran confirms it. So, when He was alive, he was "limited" (like I said he came in our likeness, like in sinful flesh BUT He is different) and receive authority from the Father. So, being born of the Holy Spirit makes Him not like us that receive commandments from our ownselves but He is born of God.

4. God created Adam. And the Bible makes us know that all things being was created by the "Him"(the Word which is Jesus and your Koran said He created bird from mud isn't it?) Eve was created from Adam.
From Adam came death and through Jesus came life. There is only One who gives life and that is God. So, (remember He came in our likeness) took our sins which causes death,(though, He never sinned!) crucify it, bury it and resurrected Divinely : yeah, He's got the keys of death and hades now, We that trust in Him will resurrected incorruptible too. We've got hope.

5. Jesus is the Only way to Life and no religion can save. Salvation is found ONLY in the Name of Jesus. Take it or leave it, Good people doesn't make Heaven , Believers does. Christianity is a personal relationship with God not a religion to meet up the standards of a Holy Righteous God. All have sinned if you haven't you're liar. We need a Reedemer. He came in our likeness yet never sinned! Crucify our sins and tell us to Trust in Him for eternal life. After we believe(have faith in Him only), we'll be rewarded for what we do. So, if you think Salvation is a reward for religious effort, you deceive yourself. Adam sinned and that sin has being the prototype of all human born. Sperm and Egg were involved. But for Jesus, He was born sinless(came to earth from a Virgin and with sperm or egg) and so much more makes in special...
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Jameslad:

1. Jesus is the Son of God and He come forth from God. He and His Father are One. No one Created God I hope you that.

2. Jesus is the Saviour of the World. The bible said, God was manifested in the flesh...of course God comes to us in the flesh and put on a human form to receive us unto Himself. Jesus is the Son of God because He speaks like one that have authority yet, He speaks not of His authority but One who sent Him. So the Son Jesus Christ is with us to achieve the Father's aim.
Note, God lives, Jesus lives and He(Jesus) sit at the right hand of the Father BUT they are One in purpose. And He that has the Son has the Father. Jesus plainly said his simply laying His life that He might take it again. So, when Jesus "died" He is fulfilling what was prophesied and I besides the Father knows and the Comforter(Holy Spirit) is yet to come.

3. Jesus, the form of God came in our likeness. If you read the Bible, you'd find out that He is called the Son of Man: yeah, the Son of Man that feels what you feel: hunger, thirst, sleep and tiredness. But the Word was made flesh for a purpose: Save the Word. Lemme ask you where is Jesus? He is Divine and has ascend to Heaven and even your Koran confirms it. So, when He was alive, he was "limited" (like I said he came in our likeness, like in sinful flesh BUT He is different) and receive authority from the Father. So, being born of the Holy Spirit makes Him not like us that receive commandments from our ownselves but He is born of God.

4. God created Adam. And the Bible makes us know that all things being was created by the "Him"(the Word which is Jesus and your Koran said He created bird from mud isn't it?) Eve was created from Adam.
From Adam came death and through Jesus came life. There is only One who gives life and that is God. So, (remember He came in our likeness) took our sins which causes death,(though, He never sinned!) crucify it, bury it and resurrected Divinely : yeah, He's got the keys of death and hades now, We that trust in Him will resurrected incorruptible too. We've got hope.

5. Jesus is the Only way to Life and no religion can save. Salvation is found ONLY in the Name of Jesus. Take it or leave it, Good people doesn't make Heaven , Believers does. Christianity is a personal relationship with God not a religion to meet up the standards of a Holy Righteous God. All have sinned if you haven't you're liar. We need a Reedemer. He came in our likeness yet never sinned! Crucify our sins and tell us to Trust in Him for eternal life. After we believe(have faith in Him only), we'll be rewarded for what we do. So, if you think Salvation is a reward for religious effort, you deceive yourself. Adam sinned and that sin has being the prototype of all human born. Sperm and Egg were involved. But for Jesus, He was born sinless(came to earth from a Virgin and with sperm or egg) and so much more makes in special...

I don't think i can ever understand your mathematics of 1 + 1 + 1 = 1. Jesus is one with God, yet he is at His right hand. Before Jesus came to earth, God had no plan to save the world then. I don't think God is plan-less and i don't think God can change the method of salvation. No man can die for another's sin and Jesus is no more than a man born of woman Just like Adam has no parent and Eve one parent!

So when u sin, your son inherits your sins too?

From Adam came death But Jesus brought life, is it not the same God that created Adam created death and life? Death has power over all of them (Adam,Jesus, etc).

Jesus is limited while on earth but he can perform miracles? Moses too split the red sea.

As i told you mere doing miracles or having no parents can not make someone god/God.

Matt 24:36 says "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (NIV)

Jesus says no one knows except his father and you said they are one? Yet the father keeps secret for his begotten, one & only, unique son!
He was at the right hand of God since and yet his knowledge is limited. I think your Philosophy is wrong.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2017
true2god:
Oh, so the epistle of James, who was one of the disciples or sahabas of Jesus, is not important while your hadith, where Mohammed never spoke directly is very perfect, only second to the Qur'an. Islamic magical logic is perfectly skewed. Why do you condemn the epistles of the early Christians while you accept the hadith?

You need not throw ad-homein around while you refused to face the argument. There is nowhere the Bible talked about 3 gods. What the Bible taught is one God (the father), who send his son (which Mohammed denied) while the son promised the coming of the holy spirit. Mohammed, being an illiterate, and ignorant of the Torah and the injil, assumed that the Bible taught God the father, Jesus the son and Mary, instead of the holy spirit (Quran 9:28-30). If Mohammed had understood this simple Christian doctrine, he wouldn't have put Muslims into this serious confusion.

As I said earlier, anybody can believe in one God, but which of the one God are you talking about? Is it the Arabian god called allahh that Mohammed forcefully promoted into a supreme being or Yahweh who the Jews had been serving, thousand of years, before Mohammed was born? Is it not the same allahh that Mohammed's grandfather was worshipping before naming his son Abdullah (slave of allahh)? Read you sirah by ibn Ishaq and ibn Hisham.

The problem is when an illiterate and irrational man claimed to receive revelations such that he forgot some, and also failed to write them down with his own hand, to ensure a zero-tolerance of scribal error. And unfortunately many people are following and reverencing this so-called illiterate prophet.

Alhamdulillah, It is clear that we have the Qur'an and the hadiths. The Bible as it is today can not be compared to any of our Books especially in terms of Authenticity and soundness of authorship. While the Qur'an contains messages, laws, etc in Allah's words, the hadiths contains the traditions of the Prophet, his approval/rejection, etc.

i have tried to correct your confusion of the name Abdullah before the Prophet came that the past Arabia tribe know the supreme God to be Allah. They erroneously worship idols to move closer to Him but they never described Allah as an idol. But you still bring it up again.

To further confuse you more, Islam has never been a new religion! It has been the religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, etc.

Mind you a Sirah can be true or false.

The Illiterate man became the Most popular man in History and the way you abuse shows how really you are as a christian christ like. It seems to me you are uncouth and ill-bred. If you cant argue you points logically then you resort to abuse of our Prophet. We can't abuse Jesus. We honour and pray for him.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Alhamdulillah, It is clear that we have the Qur'an and the hadiths. The Bible as it is today can not be compared to any of our Books especially in terms of Authenticity and soundness of authorship. While the Qur'an contains messages, laws, etc in Allah's words, the hadiths contains the traditions of the Prophet, his approval/rejection, etc.

i have tried to correct your confusion of the name Abdullah before the Prophet came that the past Arabia tribe know the supreme God to be Allah. They erroneously worship idols to move closer to Him but they never described Allah as an idol. But you still bring it up again.

To further confuse you more, Islam has never been a new religion! It has been the religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, etc.

The Illiterate man became the Most popular man in History and the way you abuse shows how really you are as a christian christ like. It seems to me you are uncouth and ill-bred. If you cant argue you points logically then you resort to abuse of our Prophet. We can't abuse Jesus. We honour and pray for him.

Islam came 600 years after Christianity.

Moses and those people you mentioned practiced Judaism.

Mode of worship, believes, etc is entirely different from what Islam stands for.

The place of worship is different.

EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT.

Please stop saying that David practice Islam.

Same names of people in the Bible and exactly the same story about them, etc. This is what you find in the Quran.

Is like saying that God reveal to me that Nigerian Independence is October 1, 1960.

And then go ahead to give the history of Obasanjo, muritala , Nmamdi Azikwe, etc.

After these events have passed and have been documented.

Jesus said he is the son of God.
Islam said he is not.

He said he is God. Islam said no.etc etc.

It is obvious that Jesus did not practice Islam.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Islam came 600 years after Christianity.

Moses and those people you mentioned practiced Judaism.

Mode of worship, believes, etc is entirely different from what Islam stands for.

The place of worship is different.

EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT.

Please stop saying that David practice Islam.

Same names of people in the Bible and exactly the same story about them, etc. This is what you find in the Quran.

Is like saying that God reveal to me that Nigerian Independence is October 1, 1960.

And then go ahead to give the history of Obasanjo, muritala , Nmamdi Azikwe, etc.

After these events have passed and have been documented.

Jesus said he is the son of God.
Islam said he is not.

He said he is God. Islam said no.etc etc.

It is obvious that Jesus did not practice Islam.

This means you are reading the Qur'an with your nose.

It should be noted that the word “Islam” may refer to two things: a general meaning and a specific meaning.

Islam in a general sense means submitting to Allaah alone, which implies worshipping Him alone and obeying Him alone.

Everyone who believes in Allaah alone and worships Him according to His laws that have not been abrogated is a Muslim.

Shaykh al-Islam said in al-Tadmuriyyah, p. 168-170:

This religion is the religion of Islam, besides which Allaah will accept no other religion, either from the earlier or the later generations. All the Prophets followed Islam. Allaah says of Nooh (interpretation of the meaning):

“And recite to them the news of Nooh (Noah). When he said to his people: ‘O my people, if my stay (with you), and my reminding (you) of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah is hard on you, then I put my trust in Allaah. So devise your plot, you and your partners, and let not your plot be in doubt for you. Then pass your sentence on me and give me no respite.

72. ‘But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allaah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allaah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:71-72]

And Allaah says of Ibraaheem (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

131. When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’

132. And this (submission to Allaah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibraaheem (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qoob (Jacob) (saying), ‘O my sons! Allaah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims — Islamic Monotheism)’”

[al-Baqarah 2:130-132]

And He says of Moosa (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Moosa (Moses) said: ‘O my people! If you have believed in Allaah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims (those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:84]

And He says of the Messiah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when I (Allaah) inspired Al‑Hawariyyoon (the disciples) [of ‘Eesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: ‘We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims’”

[al-Maa'idah 5:111]

And He says of the previous Prophets (interpretation of the meaning):

“…by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will …”

[al-Maa’idah 5:44]

And He tells us that Bilqeez said (interpretation of the meaning):

“My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, and I submit [in Islam, together with Sulaymaan (Solomon)] to Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen(mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Naml 27:44]

This is the religion of Islam, besides which Allaah does not accept any other. This means obeying Allaah at any given time by doing what He commanded at that time. So initially the command was to face towards the Rock [in Jerusalem] in prayer, then the command came to face towards the Ka’bah. Both actions come under the heading of the religion of Islam, because religion is obedience and worship in both cases, but the actions varied in some regards which was the direction faced in prayer. Similarly the religion of all the Messengers is one and the same, but their laws varied. End quote.

With this general meaning of the word “Islam” in mind, it is correct to say that there was a religion called Islam before the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent.

All the Prophets who were sent were Muslims, and their followers who adhered to their true religion, before it was distorted or abrogated, were Muslims.

Before the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came there were a few individuals who followed the true religion with which Allaah had sent ‘Eesa (peace be upon him). This is indicated by the report narrated by Muslim (2865) from ‘Iyaad ibn Himaar al-Mujaashi’i, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said one day in his khutbah: “Allaah looked at the people of the earth and was angry with them all, Arabs and non-Arabs, except for the remainder of the People of the Book. And He said: ‘I have only sent you to test you and test others by you…’”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Maqt (translated here as “angry”) means extreme anger. Looking refers to the time before the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent. What is meant by the remainder of the People of the Book is those who continued to adhere to their true religion without altering it. End quote.

With regard to Islam in a specific sense, this is the religion with which Allaah sent His Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

In this specific sense, it is not correct to say that there was a religion called Islam before the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent.

Shaykh al-Islam said in al-Tadmuriyyah (p. 173-174):

People have disputed concerning those who came before them of the nations of Moosa and Ibraaheem – were they Muslims or not?

This is a semantic dispute, because Islam in the specific sense with which Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the law of the Qur’aan is not followed by anyone except the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This is what is meant by Islam nowadays. But with regard to Islam in a general sense, referring to every law with which Allaah sent one of His Prophets, this includes the Islam of every nation that followed one of the Prophets.

And Allaah knows best.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I don't think i can ever understand your mathematics of 1 + 1 + 1 = 1. Jesus is one with God, yet he is at His right hand. Before Jesus came to earth, God had no plan to save the world then. I don't think God is plan-less and i don't think God can change the method of salvation. No man can die for another's sin and Jesus is no more than a man born of woman Just like Adam has no parent and Eve one parent!

So when u sin, your son inherits your sins too?

From Adam came death But Jesus brought life, is it not the same God that created Adam created death and life? Death has power over all of them (Adam,Jesus, etc).

Jesus is limited while on earth but he can perform miracles? Moses too split the red sea.

As i told you mere doing miracles or having no parents can not make someone god/God.

Matt 24:36 says "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (NIV)

Jesus says no one knows except his father and you said they are one? Yet the father keeps secret for his begotten, one & only, unique son!
He was at the right hand of God since and yet his knowledge is limited. I think your Philosophy is wrong.

God is a spirit not man so, how do you intend to understand His Mighty Works? God is so awesome that He created man from dust! God is great! It is not a philosophy it is a mystery of Godliness. We can never fully understand it because hey, we are man. If you're to take it mathematically, it is the same God in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and they are One . Jesus said "I and My Father are One. T He that keeps His commandments, The Father and I will make Him our abode(holy spirit dwelling believers)".Then I can conclusively say 1 times 3 is 1(1x1x1=1) In the beginning, God created the Earth and God said "Let US make man..." Jesus has risen from the Death and He is no longer man! He has crucify death behold we ain't flesh no more-we shall be like Him!

In Revelation 1:8 Jesus said,"I am the Alpha and the Omega ," says
the Lord God, "who is, and who was,
and who is to come, the Almighty."(Note the Book of Revelation is written entirely by John. He wrote all He saw when He was in the Spirit)

John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word,
Word was God.
(note Jesus is the Word)
Remember, "And GOD SAID let there be light..." what was said?

You know what? Get a Bible I suggest ESV or NASB or check it online(biblegateway.com) or google it, read the Book of John. I pray God open your eyes
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Jameslad:

God is a spirit not man so, how do you intend to understand His Mighty Works? God is so awesome that He created man from dust! God is great! It is not a philosophy it is a mystery of Godliness. We can never fully understand it because hey, we are man. If you're to take it mathematically, it is the same God in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and they are One . Jesus said "I and My Father are One. T He that keeps His commandments, The Father and I will make Him our abode(holy spirit dwelling believers)".Then I can conclusively say 1 times 3 is 1(1x1x1=1) In the beginning, God created the Earth and God said "Let US make man..." Jesus has risen from the Death and He is no longer man! He has crucify death behold we ain't flesh no more-we shall be like Him!

In Revelation 1:8 Jesus said,"I am the Alpha and the Omega ," says
the Lord God, "who is, and who was,
and who is to come, the Almighty."(Note the Book of Revelation is written entirely by John. He wrote all He saw when He was in the Spirit)

John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word,
Word was God.
(note Jesus is the Word)
Remember, "And GOD SAID let there be light..." what was said?

You know what? Get a Bible I suggest ESV or NASB or check it online(biblegateway.com) or google it, read the Book of John. I pray God open your eyes

I know you will run away from the question. I will keep asking.

He was at the right hand of God since and yet his knowledge is limited. Why would God keep secret for His son if they are one?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

He was at the right hand of God since and yet his knowledge is limited. Why would God keep secret for His son if they are one?

Him and the Father are One. Jesus said so.

He was in the Flesh. As the son.

As a Flesh, his knowledge may.not be full.at that time.

He is no longer in the Flesh.

He now dwells in the fullness of the Almighty God.

Trust me, he now knows the time.

He even plead for more time. Time for more people to repent.

He is now our advocate.

Glory to God .

Glory to the lamb Jesus.

To him be glory, honour and Dominion now and forever more. Amen.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by umarshek6(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Him and the Father are One. Jesus said so.

He was in the Flesh. As the son.

As a Flesh, his knowledge may.not be full.at that time.

He is no longer in the Flesh.

He now dwells in the fullness of the Almighty God.

Trust me, he now knows the time.

He even plead for more time. Time for more people to repent.

He is now our advocate.

Glory to God .

Glory to the lamb Jesus.

To him be glory, honour and Dominion now and forever more. Amen.

better wake up from ur slumber and ur open ur eyes

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

PLEASE don't say what you don't know
Why would you say you I'm RUNNING away from your question when you absolutely have no idea of what i'm up to?
If we don't know anything about Jesus, we at least know He was on earth: he was hungry, he thirst, and even slept. Those are the qualities of human and remember God is a spirit. Jesus being God willingly came to the world to save. He was fully God and fully man. He said He would come as a theif yet said the hour only the Father knows. He said "my hour has not come" yet said He doesn't know the hour. Remember when He transfigured? If you don't know search the Google and it will lead you to it's passage in the Bible.

The answer to your question will take us back to the concept of the trinity: the Godhead. I won't say much I'd redirect you to gotquestions.org

[Question: "If Jesus was God, why did He
not know when He would return?"
Answer: Speaking of Jesus' Second
Coming, Matthew 24:36 (and Mark
13:32) tells us, “No one knows about
that day or hour, not even the angels in
heaven, nor the Son, but only the
Father.”
When Jesus spoke these words to the
disciples, even He had no knowledge of
the date and time of His return.
Although Jesus was fully God ( John 1:1,
14), when He became a man, He
voluntarily restricted the use of certain
divine attributes ( Philippians 2:6–cool. He
did not manifest them unless directed
by the Father ( John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He
demonstrated His omniscience on
several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13),
but He voluntarily restricted that
omniscience to only those things God
wanted Him to know during the days of
His humanity ( John 15:15). Such was
the case regarding the knowledge of
the date and time of His return. After
He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His
full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew
28:18; Acts 1:7).
Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the
Father alone knows when Jesus' return
will be. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38;
8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and
Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus'
submission to the Father as well as
their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they
are both God. But some things Jesus
had apparently chosen to "give up the
rights" to be privy to during His earthly
ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus,
now exalted in Heaven, surely knows
all, including the timing of His Second
Coming.]
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by umarshek6(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2017
Jameslad:

Why would you say you I'm RUNNING away from your question when you absolutely have no idea of what i'm up to?
If we don't know anything about Jesus, we at least know He was on earth: he was hungry, he thirst, and even slept. Those are the qualities of human and remember God is a spirit. Jesus being God willingly came to the world to save. He was fully God and fully man. He said He would come as a theif yet said the hour only the Father knows. He said "my hour has not come" yet said He doesn't know the hour. Remember when He transfigured? If you don't know search the Google and it will lead you to it's passage in the Bible.

The answer to your question will take us back to the concept of the trinity: the Godhead. I won't say much I'd redirect you to gotquestions.org

Father.”
Coming.]
y do u guys have to copy nd paste a whole chapter of bible to explain everything? Don't u have brains or something?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
Jameslad:

Father.”
Coming.]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is serious. Jesus gave up his powers to be all Knowing but yet retain the powers to heal and wake the dead?

And he was given power over everything in this world

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Matt 28:18

His power is restricted but yet he has all authority? I am not understanding bro!
Google for another kind of philosophy bro!
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
How many Christians follow this Bible verse by keeping Beard?

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."Leveticus 19:27

or

Leviticus 19:28
'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Fake.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by true2god: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

If you like abuse Jesus, wetin concern me? Na you get your mouth.

Mohammed is the most popular man in history. To the Muslims, he is a prophet, a hero, a military strategist and an illiterate man. To non-muslims, Mohammed is a pedophile, a criminal and a false prophet. So it depends on side of the world you are.

You said the Quran and the hadith are sound and accurate. I laugh in Chinese, 'kia-kia-kia-kia'. When did Mohammed die and when was the hadith compiled? The hadith was compiled 240 years after the death of the fake prophet Mohammed. The most authentic hadith was compiled by a Russian from Uzbekistan who knew nothing about Mohammed except the Chinese whisper and gossip which you guys called oral transmission. The so-called most authentic hadith is an Arabian gossip compiled by imam Bukhari on the alleged sayings and lives of the fake prophet. The hadith had been rejected by millions of Muslims, both the Sunnis and the shia, who see the material as very embarrassing to the integrity of the fake prophet. Hence Muslims, to escape this problems, criminally divided the hadith into authentic, weak and fake hadith. And you know what, the authentic, weak and the fake hadith are all in the same book. I wonder how Muslims think?

As for the Qur'an, Mohammed didn't received any revelation from any person called allahh, neither did he see any angel jibril. Can you show me a single hadith, sirah or Qur'anic verse where allahh talk to Mohammed directly or where an angel told Mohammed, personally that he is angel jibril? Bros, there is no single place where jibril directly told Mohammed that he is an angel, nowhere. It was waraqa that told Mohammed that he might have encountered an angel. Its funny that 100% Muslims trust waraqa, a single agnostic Arabian Christian but do not trust the testimony of the rest of over 2billion Christians worldwide. That's what islam had turned Muslims into.

You have little understanding of your religion. However if you don't mind, I can share hundreds of videos with you so that you can study more of your religion outside the Islamic circles.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by policy12: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
How many Christians follow this Bible verse by keeping Beard?

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."Leveticus 19:27

or

Leviticus 19:28
'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Fake.

Dear Rash, I have taken my time to read ur post letter to letter and word for words, line by line and post by post.As I read ur reply i see the me before, I see the passion u, the tenacity u posses to make ur point and deep knowledge u av about d bible but opposite though.
I see you defending a religion u are born and you grow to love in,but how I wish u can long for a relationship with this God.
Let me not bored you with much write up, but tell u about my little self,I was born a Muslim some years ago,grew up to love it with all my blood and vein little did I know that I will only practice it for a while. After practicing ur religion for more than 25yrs, I av an encountered with Jesus that changed my life the rest is now histor.
I am not telling you this so you that you will convert nope salvation is personal experience, one of the big difference btw Christian and Islam.

When I gave my life to Christ, I was rejected by family and become dejected. I was maimed and almost get been killed by my fellow Muslim brothers, was called different kinds of name. In Kaduna 2000 and 2001 Sharia, I was a target but God loves for me saves me how till today I don't know. For those who know Kaduna and know the stories of Sharia or victim will tell you that from Central market to Sabo is not a small journey but I walked tru the path, like walking tru the valley of dead but Amazing Grace Jesus showed me.

As if that was not enough in 2003 when the issue of miss world was raised, with the issue of Mohammed will love those girls, crisis burst out I was also attacked had a gun shot on me because of Christ, left in my own pool of blood how I survived was God, though I am writing a book now on my journey from religion to my relationship with God,where I planned to pour out my experience there.

All this episode is to show you when you have encounter with Christ, nothing in this world,will you trade him for because to die is Christ and live is Gain.

Rash best of luck.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
policy12:

Dear Rash, I have taken my time to read ur post letter to letter and word for words, line by line and post by post.As I read ur reply i see the me before, I see the passion u, the tenacity u posses to make ur point and deep knowledge u av about d bible but opposite though.
I see you defending a religion u are born and you grow to love in,but how I wish u can long for a relationship with this God.
Let me not bored you with much write up, but tell u about my little self,I was born a Muslim some years ago,grew up to love it with all my blood and vein little did I know that I will only practice it for a while. After practicing ur religion for more than 25yrs, I av an encountered with Jesus that changed my life the rest is now histor.
I am not telling you this so you that you will convert nope salvation is personal experience, one of the big difference btw Christian and Islam.

When I gave my life to Christ, I was rejected by family and become dejected. I was maimed and almost get been killed by my fellow Muslim brothers, was called different kinds of name. In Kaduna 2000 and 2001 Sharia, I was a target but God loves for me saves me how till today I don't know. For those who know Kaduna and know the stories of Sharia or victim will tell you that from Central market to Sabo is not a small journey but I walked tru the path, like walking tru the valley of dead but Amazing Grace Jesus showed me.

As if that was not enough in 2003 when the issue of miss world was raised, with the issue of Mohammed will love those girls, crisis burst out I was also attacked had a gun shot on me because of Christ, left in my own pool of blood how I survived was God, though I am writing a book now on my journey from religion to my relationship with God,where I planned to pour out my experience there.

All this episode is to show you when you have encounter with Christ, nothing in this world,will you trade him for because to die is Christ and live is Gain.

Rash best of luck.
when ever u have time take a look at ur right palm. Den left palm decode watever u c dere den. Come bact to tell me

Yes I was just 3 yrs den
Even my father was almost killed during d sheria we lived at dustima road by express road den. On dat faithfull day he was coming back from nnpc where he works as PA d guys caught him he was beaten to pulp dey Put tyres and poured kerosine on his body about light him up ablaze den another group came den someone (a thug)frm our strt saw him and shouted no they should not light him up he is a muslim but dey didn't belive d thug so he told to recite any surah in d quran. And by Allah's mercy he was able to recite suratul Mulk. Then they told him dat he shuld never ever. Wear suit again. (becoz he was on suit dat day and he has d physic of d igbos)
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
policy12:

Rash best of luck.

Assuming you were a sound Muslim, you would never change to Christianity!

Most pastors are clean shaven yet they call tattoo doers agent of the devil. Leviticus 19: 27 and 28 goes against both acts. You can reply my comments, I will respond well when I am chanced.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 6:05am On Oct 22, 2017
If you don't believe in Jesus for anything,

Believe him for HIS BIRTH.

and THE MIRACLES he did.

I am talking to Muslims alone.

God bless you all.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is serious. Jesus gave up his powers to be all Knowing but yet retain the powers to heal and wake the dead?

And he was given power over everything in this world

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Matt 28:18

His power is restricted but yet he has all authority? I am not understanding bro!
Google for another kind of philosophy bro!

Ok
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Assuming you were a sound Muslim, you would never change to Christianity!

Most pastors are clean shaven yet they call tattoo doers agent of the devil. Leviticus 19: 27 and 28 goes against both acts. You can reply my comments, I will respond well when I am chanced.

True believer are born of God not man. Christianity is a personal relationship with God not a pastor. We are called Christians not because we go to church, do good, speak in tongue, born in a christian home, country; we are called Christians because we believe in Christ alone for our salvation.
Think of it, haven't you sin at all in your life? Either it is written in your koran or not, your conscience bear witness that that thing is wrong!

And you think yet, with a body sold under sin, you can please God. Why do we die? Because of Adam's sin. So sin reigned...but thanks to Jesus. The fact is Jesus paid all for us and He has given us right to become sons and daughters of God. Hence, we are bound by LAW of salvery but of LIBERTY that we should LOVE one another just as He loves/loved us.

Believe in Christ today and encounter the supernatural presence of the ONE TRUE GOD and ONE TRUE LIGHT.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:49am On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

If you don't believe in Jesus for anything,

Believe him for HIS BIRTH.

and THE MIRACLES he did.

I am talking to Muslims alone.

God bless you all.

We already believed in Jesus and other Prophets not because of the miracles they did cos false prophets are capable of doing that and not because of how they are born cos Adam and Eve had miraculous births too.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

True believer are born of God not man. Christianity is a personal relationship with God not a pastor. We are called Christians not because we go to church, do good, speak in tongue, born in a christian home, country; we are called Christians because we believe in Christ alone for our salvation.
Think of it, haven't you sin at all in your life? Either it is written in your koran or not, your conscience bear witness that that thing is wrong!

And you think yet, with a body sold under sin, you can please God. Why do we die? Because of Adam's sin. So sin reigned...but thanks to Jesus. The fact is Jesus paid all for us and He has given us right to become sons and daughters of God. Hence, we are bound by LAW of salvery but of LIBERTY that we should LOVE one another just as He loves/loved us.

Believe in Christ today and encounter the supernatural presence of the ONE TRUE GOD and ONE TRUE LIGHT.

We already believed in Jesus and no Muslim is a Muslim without believing in Jesus as a messenger of Allah. He never claimed he is God nor did he perform miracles on his own accord.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:00am On Oct 22, 2017
You see, there's no philosophy you can bring from the Bible to prove that it is the word of God.

Jesus was a man approved of God just like Abraham, Moses, Noah and others. He was no God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAMUSORG IFTAR PROGRAMME 2018 / On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood) / Why Do Muslims Rush To Christian Countries Rather Than Islamic Countries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.