Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! (7901 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
brother, you don't know how the Bible came to existence.

No holy book was brought" from heaven.

Let's look at this:

This is 2017. If I tell you that God gave me a book and in the book, You see stories about Nigeria's independence in 1960,

About how Obasanjo and co came to power, about muritala and the history of Nnamdi Azikwe etc.

What would you tell me?

These stories are already documented already isn't it?

The Quran came 600 yrs after the Bible. It contains almost all the stories of THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.

All with different names. The stories are the same.

Now, tell me:

What's the guarantee that the Quran is from heaven?

The Bible was written by men. Through the holy Spirit of God. It didn't fall from heaven.

Atimes, God would tell his prophet, ....
"Write this in a book".

Peter, John, Pau, etc wrote the scriptures.

These were the disciples of Jesus Christ.

God bless you.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

The Bible is not the word of God. It is a mixture of so many things I can't describe.

If the Bible isn't the Word of God, then Jesus never exist because Jesus is the Word of God. So, Jesus never came and the people that went to Jerusalem to check out everything they read in it found nothing. And there was no tomb, or red sea, no Noah's ark or false prophets. If the Bible isn't the Word of God, then Martyr's died for nothing and Infact, nothing happened.

I can imagine a-so-called-group that gives preference to Adam the man that God created , that causes death to Jesus the Man God sent to give life.

Believe in the Son of God
Believe in God
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
yes he is not He got tempted, He insulted
It is evident that ALL MUSLIMS have been duped!

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

If there's no evidence for calling him God or son of God, that means someone invented this sonship/Lordship of Jesus Christ.

No Prophet will ever call himself God. It was some human exaggeration!

Micah 5 vs 2..... Out of Bethlehem shall a ruler come...this ruler has been going forth FROM EVERLASTING.

A prophecy about Christ Jesus. By a Jewish prophet.

Isaiah 9 vs 6...A son will be given to us. His name is EVERLASTING FATHER., and Mighty God.

Another prophecy.

Jesus said ; This sickness of Lazarus is not unto death.... but that THE SON OF GOD MIGHT BE GLORIFIED.
JOHN 11 VS 4.

You know what happened next? Lazarus died and Jesus called him out of the grave.
Four days dead.

Hehehe. I love this part.

Do you still want evidences?

I have them plenty.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Micah 5 vs 2..... Out of Bethlehem shall a ruler come...this ruler has been going forth FROM EVERLASTING.

Isaiah 9 vs 6...A son will be given to us. His name is EVERLASTING FATHER., and Mighty God.

Another prophecy.

Jesus said ; This sickness of Lazarus is not unto death.... but that THE SON OF GOD MIGHT BE GLORIFIED.
JOHN 11 VS 4.

You know what happened next? Lazarus died and Jesus called him out of the grave.
Four days dead.

I have them plenty.

I guess we are casting pearls before swine. Let's pray for them and love them and dust our feet of testimony against them.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

My brother, you don't know how the Bible came to existence.

No holy book was brought" from heaven.

Let's look at this:

This is 2017. If I tell you that God gave me a book and in the book, You see stories about Nigeria's independence in 1960,

About how Obasanjo and co came to power, about muritala and the history of Nnamdi Azikwe etc.

What would you tell me?

These stories are already documented already isn't it?

The Quran came 600 yrs after the Bible. It contains almost all the stories of THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.

All with different names. The stories are the same.

Now, tell me:

What's the guarantee that the Quran is from heaven?

The Bible was written by men. Through the holy Spirit of God. It didn't fall from heaven.

Atimes, God would tell his prophet, ....
"Write this in a book".

Peter, John, Pau, etc wrote the scriptures.

These were the disciples of Jesus Christ.

God bless you.

Peace be unto you Brother.

First

Muhammad (pbuh), through whom Allaah revealed Quran, was unlettered. He was called to Prophethood at the age of 40years, he was not known be able to read or write. He therefore could not have read those accounts from previous scriptures.

Second

The style, the eloquence, and the grammatical structure of the Quran are like known other. There is a general consensus that every single word in the Quran is in its right place. This can not be possible for a human being.

Third

Quran narrated the stories of other Prophets of Allaah whose stories were not told in the Torah, Psalm, and Gospel.

Fouth

Quran foretold future events which came to pass: the victory of Byzantines over the Persians.

Fifth

The fact that for over 1000 years Quran is still the way it is when it was first revealed. No review, no update, and always relevant to the circumstances under which it is used. No man made book has ever stood this long without any update or review.

Sixth

The tradition of Allaah is to hand over His book to Angel Gabriel who then descend to the earth and deliver same to the Messengers. This is how all of them (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, and Muhammad {pbut}) received their books.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

So, it was mohammed talking in John 5:36...smh
c ur life u don't even knw wat u r typing hw can rasoul(SAW) talk in d bible

It's d prophecy about his coming since can't even c any more and I didn't refer u to John 5:36.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Isaiah 9 was written hundreds of years before Christ.

Go to Jerusalem. Ask for the books of the Prophets.

You will see this prophecy there.

Did you notice Isaiah calling A SON Everlasting FATHER?

did you notice Micah saying that his going forth has been from everlasting?

Do you know the meaning of everlasting?

Do you also noticed that Jesus told the scribes (Jewish law writers) that he has been before Abraham?

Do Not reject what you know nothing about.

It is the greatest error one can make.

Use open mind. Read the Bible.

And afterwards, you can then choose to reject or accept it.

I have read the Quran and the Hadith.

I have choose to Reject them.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
bahaushe1:

First

Muhammad (pbuh), through whom Allaah revealed Quran, was unlettered. He was called to Prophethood at the age of 40years, he was not known be able to read or write. He therefore could not have read those accounts from previous scriptures.

Second

The style, the eloquence, and the grammatical structure of the Quran are like known other. There is a general consensus that every single word in the Quran is in its right place. This can not be possible for a human being.

Third

Quran narrated the stories of other Prophets of Allaah whose stories were not told in the Torah, Psalm, and Gospel.

Fouth

Quran foretold future events which came to pass: the victory of Byzantines over the Persians.

Fifth

The fact that for over 1000 years Quran is still the way it is when it was first revealed. No review, no update, and always relevant to the circumstances under which it is used. No man made book has ever stood this long without any update or review.

Sixth

The tradition of Allaah is to hand over His book to Angel Gabriel who then descend to the earth and deliver same to the Messengers. This is how all of them (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, and Muhammad {pbut}) received their books.

God causes us to speak different language and you think He would ONLY accept worship in ONE language?

Read the war between Vietnam and Turkey. Or read about Kara Mustapha and open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
bahaushe1:

First

Second

Third

Fouth

Fifth

Sixth

Peace to you in Jesus name.

Which book did Jesus receive?

And Abraham?

You don't seems to get my points.

Books are written. By men.

It is a not a coincidence that the Quran talked about stories in the Bible.

Stories about the Children of Israel.

I hope you know that David was an Israelite?

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
c ur life u don't even knw wat u r typing hw can rasoul(SAW) talk in d bible

It's d prophecy about his coming since can't even c any more and I didn't refer u to John 5:36.

If that is the case, then Mohammed isn't the Light-gimme your ear- you are in darkness hence, you're blind.

Jesus is the TRUE LIGHT.

Answer my questions with YES Or NO:
Did Mohammed get married?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

If the Bible isn't the Word of God, then Jesus never exist because Jesus is the Word of God. So, Jesus never came and the people that went to Jerusalem to check out everything they read in it found nothing. And there was no tomb, or red sea, no Noah's ark or false prophets. If the Bible isn't the Word of God, then Martyr's died for nothing and Infact, nothing happened.

I can imagine a-so-called-group that gives preference to Adam the man that God created , that causes death to Jesus the Man God sent to give life.

Believe in God

God is never clueless! God knew what will happen even before Adam was created. See you blaming Adam for what God created him to do. Why didn't God prevent him from doing what he did? Why was the serpent created?

Lot and his daughters were saved only for them to start sleeping with their father in turns. This is silly from the word of God. Tell this story to your kids.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

If that is the case, then Mohammed isn't the Light-gimme your ear- you are in darkness hence, you're blind.

Jesus is the TRUE LIGHT.

Answer my questions with YES Or NO:
Did Mohammed get married?
yes
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Another prophecy.

JOHN 11 VS 4.

Four days dead.

I have them plenty.

Where did Jesus call himself God or son of God here? who are the ones talking in all these contexts? hope you understand English?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Same chapter, vs 49....

" I heal the leper and QUICKEN the dead by the authority of Allah."

Quicken means raise the dead. Who has the power to give life? Not only in raising the dead,

He created a bird from the mud and breathe life into it.

Power of Creation.

This is Simply incredible!!!!!!.

Jesus said I have life in me just as the father.

And I give it to whomever I will.

Come to Jesus. Come and have life. You are in danger of DEATH.

Allah SWT says:
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 49)

This is the complete verse. Please note the emphasis"........by permission of Allaah........".

Allaah granted Jesus (pbuh) permission to perform those miracles and he was the first neither was he the last.

Allaah's tradition is to grant His messengers miracles with which people can recognize the divine nature of their message and follow them.

In granting them miracles Allaah look at the people to whom He is sending His messenger to and grant him miracle that challenge them in what they are best known for.

Examples:

Moses (pbuh)

Moses (pbuh) was sent to the Pharaoh and his people. They are well known for their black magic and Allaah gave Moses (pbuh) a serpent that out performed their magical snakes.

Jesus (pbuh)

Jesus (pbuh) was sent to Children of Israel who were well known for their arts of healing - medicine - at the time. Allaah granted him miracle to heal lepers and raise the dead as a sign for the divinity of his message.

Muhammad (pbuh)

Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to the Arabs who are well known for their eloquence in poetry and other forms of literature. At a time they arrogantly consider anybody who can not speak their language to be inferior to them. Allaah challenged them by giving His servant and Messenger Quran. Allaah challenged them (and indeed the whole mankind) to produce a recital like it or part of it but for over 1000 years that challenge has remained unattained.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Where did Jesus call himself God or son of God here? who are the ones talking in all these contexts? hope you understand English?

JESUS SAID ( I hope you have seen that?) Lazarus sickness is not unto death. It's for THE SON OF GOD TO BE GLORIFIED.

You know what happened afterwards bah?

The son of God was actually glorified.

I hope you read the one in capital letters too?

Read again. Slowly.

God bless you.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

God is never clueless! God knew what will happen even before Adam was created. See you blaming Adam for what God created him to do. Why didn't God prevent him from doing what he did? Why was the serpent created?

Lot and his daughters were saved only for them to start sleeping with their father in turns. This is silly from the word of God. Tell this story to your kids.

If you like take a verse here and pick one there. Merge them and form something I'll continue to say this:
If you don't accept Christ, you're damned.

God said in the Book of Isaiah that He is a Just God and Saviour. And Adam sinned. So, you're telling me Adam is perfect? Saying He has no Father when through Him came death?

God loves you.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
yes
Led war?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Originakalokalo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
On the part of wether he was God or not.

Or wether we should worship him.

Thomas, having seen the mark of nails,

Said,

MY LORD AND MY GOD.

Jesus did not say....Nooooooo

Don't call me God.

The Bible recorded...

And the disciples worshiped him.

You know about the 24 elders?

They cast their crows and worshiped Jesus the Lamb.

Tell me if you want more.

My Bible has them plenty.

And it is unfortunate for you that I read it well.

Back to back.

Content for content.

I hope Christians can read the scriptures.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
Against the transgressors yes
Jameslad:

Led war?
u can't dispute d fact that he is the spirit of truth
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
Against the transgressors yes u can't dispute d fact that he is the spirit of truth

Answer my question
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Vs 54 of the Same chapter...

....And the persecutors of Jesus planned to crucify him but Allah planned to save him.....

Logic:

1. At least we know they planned to kill him as recorded also in the scriptures.

The question is....why would they want to kill him " the righteous" what did he do wrong?

Bible say he is righteous. Quran written 600 years after also said same.

2. If Allah saved him, How is he then A saviour?

As recorded by the Quran that he is a saviour or Messiah.

The Jews continued in their slavery after his death.

What did he save?

God did not save Jesus. He died for the sins of the world.

That is the only way the word Saviour can fit.

Stop struggling with your heart.

Accept Christ. You will not die. God will teach you how to go about it.

I know some. They are not dead. They have accepted Christ. And they still live.

Before you go to Quran 3:54 you may be interested in these verses:

Jesus (pbuh) says: "And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 50)

Jesus (pbuh) says: "Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 51)

Allah SWT says:

"But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah? The disciples said, We are supporters for Allah. We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 52)

"Our Lord, we have believed in what You revealed and have followed the messenger Jesus, so register us among the witnesses [to truth]."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 53)

These are the verses that preceded Quran 3:54 you qouted above. These verses clearly shows that Jesus (pbuh) and his disciples took Allaah as their Lord and submitted to Him. They are therefore Muslims.

"And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 54)

And here was the plan of Allaah for Jesus (pbuh).

Allah SWT says:

إ"[Mention] when Allah said, O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 55)

Kindly qout complete verse and don't jump verses that are connected in meaning. That what Allaah accused the Jews of doing to the Torah and that what led many people astray.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Vs 55 and 56.

I will purnish those who disbelieve to u.Here in this world and after.

Logic

1. I believe him. I don't disbelieve.

What I believe is what he said I should believe.

He said I should believe that he is the Savior of the world. That he died for my sins. That he is the son of God.

And I believe.

And I will not be purnished here after.

Those who do not believe did not believe because he said he is the son of God.

They didn't not believe that he is the Messiah. He was called Messiah in the Quran, but his death and sonship denied.

Why the word Messiah ?

The believe referred to in these verses is this:

Jesus (pbuh) says "Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path."

(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 51)

So the believe referred to is believing that Allaah is your Lord and Jesus's Lord and He alone is deserving of any form of worship.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

Answer my question
look again d answer is there
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by sorextee(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
U hate ur uncle cos he changed religion. U sound like someone from d north(so typical of dem)... Peace be upon u.

umarshek6:

I gladly choose death

I have an uncle who is an apostate and. I HATE him
u knw wat u guyz do u use ur slutty women to trap weak minded men like him u guys use bribe,vudoo wat a shamfull religion
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
sorextee:
U hate ur uncle cos he changed religion. U sound like someone from d north(so typical of dem)... Peace be upon u.

dere is more to it dan just dat trust me
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Peace to you On Jesus name.

Which book did Jesus receive?

And Abraham?

You don't seems to get my points.

Books are written. By men.

It is a not a coincidence that the Quran talked about stories in the Bible.

Stories about the Children of Israel.

I hope you know that David was an Israelite?

Jesus (pbuh) was given Gospel.

Quran did not name the scripture given to Abraham (pbuh).

The concept of holy scriptures is different from other books. They are books written by Allaah and kept with Him until such a time He decide to reveal it to His chosen messenger. Allaah then pass it to Angel Gabriel who delivers it the said messenger. The messenger then pass it to his people - in the case of Quran Muhammad's (pbuh) special scribes copy it down from him immediately after the revelation.

The holy scriptures are revealed in the language of the messenger to whom it is meant to be revealed and contains words of Allaah. It is only 'holy' in the form in which it was delivered to the messenger by angel Gabriel. A translated scripture does not contain words of Allaah nor is it accorded the respect of a holy scripture.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

God causes us to speak different language and you think He would ONLY accept worship in ONE language?

Read the war between Vietnam and Turkey. Or read about Kara Mustapha and open your eyes.

You didn't get the point. I wasn't addressing the issue of worshipping Allaah in different languages. I was addressing the divinity of the Holy Quran.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by alBHAGDADI: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Quote a verse without ambiguity where Jesus in a simple sentence said he's God or God's son?
How funny of you.

You've been quoting verses where Jesus referred to himself as the Son and God as his Father, yet you still ask this funny question?

That alone shows that you do not understand the verse you tried to use to ridicule Christianity.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by alBHAGDADI: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jameslad:

Believe in God
If the Bible isn't the word of God, then the content of the Quran plagiarised from the Bible is false.

Muslims shoot themselves in the foot in the process of ridiculing Christianity.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by alBHAGDADI: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Another prophecy.

JOHN 11 VS 4.

Four days dead.

I have them plenty.

Watch how rashduct4luv will ignore this comment.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by alBHAGDADI: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You mean you didn't see the below verse or you ignored it?

John 11:4
When Jesus heard that , he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the SON OF GOD might be glorified thereby.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Rush To Christian Countries Rather Than Islamic Countries? / There Is Nothing Wrong With Treating Non-muslims Kindly If They Are Not Fighting / Quranic Miracle: Imamate And Numerology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.