Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! (7897 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You mean you didn't see the below verse or you ignored it?

John 11:4
When Jesus heard that , he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the SON OF GOD might be glorified thereby.
alBHAGDADI:
Watch how rashduct4luv will ignore this comment.

grin
receive it

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
receive it

Of cos i will reply but not ignore. The son of God used here is metaphorical and not meaning God has a son. From the same John.

John 1:12-13
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 11:52

and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God [/b]who are scattered abroad.

Metaphorically,

Romans 8:12-25

So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Genesis 6:2-7
That [b]the sons of God
saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.

Which one best qualifies Jesus as son of God?
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2017
I think many people can be called the sons of God according to the Bible

Matthew 5:9

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Luke 6:35

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

So no doubt Jesus was a son of God metaphorically not physically.

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Alennsar(f): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2017
confused lots. I don't argue with Christians anymore cause dey themself are confused.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Alennsar(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
I think many people can be called the sons of God according to the Bible

Matthew 5:9

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Luke 6:35

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

So no doubt Jesus was a son of God metaphorically not physically.

stop wasting your precious time with this people.

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by bahaushe1: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Alennsar:

stop wasting your precious time with this people.

No. He should continue. Some of them do not truly know what they are doing. Allaah may guide some through him and for those whom Allaah allow to go astray discussions like these will serve as evidence against them on the day of recompense.
Re: I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! by Alennsar(f): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
bahaushe1:

No. He should continue. Some of them do not truly know what they are doing. Allaah may guide some through him and for those whom Allaah allow to go astray discussions like these will serve as evidence against them on the day of recompense.

jazakhallah khaeran. tor Allahu a'alam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAMUSORG IFTAR PROGRAMME 2018 / On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood) / Why Do Muslims Rush To Christian Countries Rather Than Islamic Countries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.