Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,586 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. (5937 Views)

Ladies, 10 Tips To Tell If Your Man Is On The DOWN LOW [take Dis Serious!] / Lady With The Massive Cur’ves Would Leave You Wanna Go Down Low -see Photos / Ladies, Beware Of The Down Low Brother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 10, 2010
Okay I live in the States and there's been this almost cancerous like problem within the black community (AAs mostly). This problem is what we refer to as Undercover Brother fad that's going on right now. What this means is that you have black men of all social classes who: marry/date women, live normal heterosexual lives (you get where I am going with this don't you?) and they may even have children HOWEVER when the smoke clears, and given the chance to be themselves be it at night or even during a lunch break these men go off and have secret affairs with their male lovers.

I call this issue a form of cancer because like cancer these men, creep into lives of women, their intentions unsuspecting and before these women know it BAM! they are left dumbfounded, humiliated and heart broken. According to residents in the city of Atlanta, Georgia this is a phenomenon so common they believe 1 in 5 black men are "straight gays" in other words unlikely to admit their homosexual fantasies or practices - scary thing is, it is a national and I believe GLOBAL problem.

For more read HERE:http://www.enotalone.com/article/4319.html

What are your views about this? Is this only a problem in the US? (do you think?) and do you think there is a way that a woman can tell if her man is infact using her as a "front" for his real lifestyle?

ME? Personally I am afraid. I don't think my generation has a chance. It's crazy how common it is. I am by no means anti-homo but I dont want to settle with a man and 10-30 yrs after we have kids who are old enough to understand he "comes out" or worse he brings home a 3 letter friend H.I.V.  undecided
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Pataki: 5:27am On Mar 10, 2010
Only in America. How many gays searching for gays topics have you come across on this forum. We Nigerians love our women. Darn! We are even polygamous with it. So pluuzeee, give unto Sodom what belongs to Sodom.

I do not ever see myself going down on another bruva. Of all things! When I got cherries to pop up!
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 10, 2010
@poster
unfortunately society has a part to be blamed for this issue because these guys are still looked down upon in the black community so they have to pretend to be straight, in order to stay ¨alive¨.
its even worst in Jamaica where they can be killed, isnt it?  i dont think their sexual orientation is worth dying and that the reason they choose to do so.
is it right? definitely NO but do they have any other choices probably NOT.

the problem in this picture is that they involve people in their scheme that have no say in the matter. they should let women know that they are at least bi so that these women know that there is a chance of ¨gayness¨in these men (let the brave one try to f, uck the gay out of their system).
hiding for years, being married, having children and being a down low brotha definitely aint right in my book.

at the end of the day, its a loose/loose situation. if they are never seen with women then they will be looked upon as ¨maybe¨gay while if they come out of the closet, they will still be stigmatized in their communities.
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by BadMoFo(m): 5:40am On Mar 10, 2010
no wonder jail is so phacked up LOL
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by adetoru(f): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2010
Pataki,which part of naija you dey?Was it not in L gos there was a gay rights march sometime ago?dem pleny for hia joo. grin

1 Like

Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
Adetoru shocked REALLY?
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by CyberG: 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
adetoru:

Pataki,which part of naija you dey?Was it not in L gos there was a gay rights march sometime ago?dem pleny for hia joo. grin

Curious. . .Adetoru. . .what is the meaning of your name and how do you pronounce it? (Phonology?)
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by sjeezy8: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
Pataki:

Only in America. How many gays searching for gays topics have you come across on this forum. We Nigerians love our women. Darn! We are even polygamous with it. So pluuzeee, give unto Sodom what belongs to Sodom.

I do not ever see myself going down on another bruva. Of all things! When I got cherries to pop up!

theres gay dudes in naija jor

I think one of paddys(homies) is gay DL we even call him queen lmfao, hes just like denrele aside from crazy dressing and has alot of sexy female friends who he doesnt fu. . . . but thats still my homeboy.
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by adetoru(f): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
@MzDarkSkin,yeah really there was a prominent lawyer among them
@CyberG adetoru is a combination of my Yoruba name and my Ibani name(Bonny)
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by netotse(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
adetoru:

@MzDarkSkin,yeah really there was a prominent lawyer among them
@CyberG adetoru is a combination of my Yoruba name and my Ibani name(Bonny)
prominent who? which lawyer? please provide a link abeg! nobody is saying there aren't gay ppl in lag but i believe we should tell it as it is, who wants to carry his or her 2 left legs and come and do rally/parade in lagos? thats the same way someone(a gay fella) was saying peter akinola is a nobody in naija on bbc, nigerians are still largely homophobic. if you have a link that shows otherwise lets have it, but to come and just say it like that. . .na so e easy reach?
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by adetoru(f): 12:08am On Mar 11, 2010
netotse:

prominent who? which lawyer? please provide a link abeg! nobody is saying there aren't gay ppl in lag but i believe we should tell it as it is, who wants to carry his or her 2 left legs and come and do rally/parade in lagos? thats the same way someone(a gay fella) was saying peter akinola is a nobody in naija on bbc, nigerians are still largely homophobic. if you have a link that shows otherwise lets have it, but to come and just say it like that. . .na so e easy reach?

It was in the news way back 06 or 07,can't remember but I know for sure because a guy I know who's gay called me to watch it
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by netotse(m): 1:29am On Mar 11, 2010
adetoru:

It was in the news way back 06 or 07,can't remember but I know for sure because a guy I know who's gay called me to watch it

the same way i can tell you that i saw a video of abacha and the indian prostitutes shot on the night he died. . .hope you appreciate my point. . .gay ppl jst dont hv any rights in nigeria. . .try and google it now. . . cheesy
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 11, 2010
no offense. im sure it is not favored in nigeria to be homosexual but i dont think this is only an american issue. not all gays are open about it. . .just because Mr. X isnt shashaying, twisting and wearing heels doesnt men he isn't thinking about Mr. Y lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by omoovie(f): 4:51am On Mar 11, 2010
Bah
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2010
So blacks too are Gay. shocked I thought it was only whited who are fagged.
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by amara2(f): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2010
Na wao Naija is full of these undercover brothers, OBARO IBRU with a beautiful wife but is spending more time in JHB SA with his SA gay lover. So my people wake up from your dream oooh wives you might be sharing your husbands with one bobo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
And we wonder why HIV and AIDS is predominant and spreading like wild fire. God help us all.

Here is a video, its a prank call notice how the black guy talks tough with his homies but starts twirling when he thinks he is talking to his gay-lover on the phone shocked shocked

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwJYkjUtSw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by adetoru(f): 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
shocked shocked :oOh my word!that was hilarious,he kept switching from one personality to another grin grin grin
Re: Undercover "down Low" Brother Trend. by Deschil: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2013
I put up a thread about this but people are not interested. My greatest concern is the tendency for the Nigerian DL guys to come home to marry and the poor girls jumping at the chance to go abroad. Besides the HIV they would never enjoy such a fake marriage...a word they say is enough for the wise.
Okay I live in the States and there's been this almost cancerous like problem within the black community (AAs mostly). This problem is what we refer to as Undercover Brother fad that's going on right now. What this means is that you have black men of all social classes who: marry/date women, live normal heterosexual lives (you get where I am going with this don't you?) and they may even have children HOWEVER when the smoke clears, and given the chance to be themselves be it at night or even during a lunch break these men go off and have secret affairs with their male lovers.

I call this issue a form of cancer because like cancer these men, creep into lives of women, their intentions unsuspecting and before these women know it BAM! they are left dumbfounded, humiliated and heart broken. According to residents in the city of Atlanta, Georgia this is a phenomenon so common they believe 1 in 5 black men are "straight gays" in other words unlikely to admit their homosexual fantasies or practices - scary thing is, it is a national and I believe GLOBAL problem.

For more read HERE:http://www.enotalone.com/article/4319.html

What are your views about this? Is this only a problem in the US? (do you think?) and do you think there is a way that a woman can tell if her man is infact using her as a "front" for his real lifestyle?

ME? Personally I am afraid. I don't think my generation has a chance. It's crazy how common it is. I am by no means anti-homo but I dont want to settle with a man and 10-30 yrs after we have kids who are old enough to understand he "comes out" or worse he brings home a 3 letter friend H.I.V.  undecided

(1) (Reply)

Guys Is It Sexy When You See A Girl's Nippples Through Her Blouse? / I Have Excess Money, I Can Pay My Dowry, But Will You Accept My Conditions? / Strange Situation.....what Do U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.