Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor (11527 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Did Any One Notoced The Guy Sitting Close To Jega Was Eating When Dat Pdp Member / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by keyremotes(m): 12:07am On Mar 12, 2010
AN IDIOT IN POWER.
ALL THE ROADS IN OGUN ARE CRYING FOR REPAIRS AND HE IS GOING ABOUT HARRASING INNOCENT PEOPLE.
IT WILL ALL END NEXT YEAR. NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    angry  angry
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by spoilt(f): 12:20am On Mar 12, 2010
Being me, I would have probably gone with that man to the police post and to Panti if need be complete with all my suitcases. angry
These aides are so power drunk, its just ridiculous. A 'good' leader will always be the voice of reason to his 'boys' when they go to far.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by elderly: 12:23am On Mar 12, 2010
This is typical demonstration of Power.

The governor couldn't even retrain his aides.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 12, 2010
Xterra, you're making little, if any sense.

I've been in countries, where security issues are taken much more seriously than in Nigeria, and citizens are not molested the way these 1diots molested this innocent passenger! So, Daniel's a governor, so what? Do protocol and good manners fly out the window as a result? Why didn't the id1otic governor just charter a whole aircraft for himself and his goons?  angry

As for saying the hapless passenger should have given up his seat, and the governor would have paid for his next flight, why should he? It's thinking like yours that make Nigeria what it is today. Give a Nigerian leader a little power, he then thinks that grants him the right to play God.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2010
What a dumb thing to do!. . .
It's only in Nigeria one assaults a fellow human being and gets awayy with it. ,
BTW, Shouldn't a governor have his own personal flight or a governor's Plane or Jet. . .
Chai, Nigerian governors. . . grin
Upon all the money they steal, they can't provide for themselves necessary things a governor should have. . . grin
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Rastamann: 12:45am On Mar 12, 2010
what a lawless country are we living in!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by spoilt(f): 1:49am On Mar 12, 2010
All the passengers should have rallied to beat up the aides. shocked That plane would not have taken off. grin
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by popoyeh(m): 2:03am On Mar 12, 2010
The OGD guy sef, na wa for am oo, Ordinary Ilisan - Ago Road, he no fit complete in 6 years,
Shioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by sjeezy8: 3:11am On Mar 12, 2010
Im not surprised esp in naija where a gov a spanks another grown man, law makers bite journalist, reps slap eachother wives, I mean I dont know who these people think they are mehn- they are too glorified when they are ordinary govs who are suppose to work for the people. They are employed by the people.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 12, 2010
Who the hell does he think he is trying to form governor in a commercial plane as if the guy didn't pay the same price to be on the flight.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by vincent10(m): 3:49am On Mar 12, 2010
Eziachi:

A sensible politician can easily turn that ugly scenario to his advantage by instantly telling off his orderlies and asking the passenger to sit where he was meant to sit, chat with him and even buy him a drink. Can you imagine what the story would had been by doing such a thing and the positive PR it will gain for him? No body will b interested on the good attitude of d governor. Also using it to educate those around him as to best way to handle power. The guy is now a supermodel

The captain/crew of that airline must be ashamed of themselves. Instead of them to insist that Daniel and his mob obeyed the rule or get out, they cowed and chickened out and thereby becomes accessories to this blatant human right abuse. Can the cabin crew of a foreign airline like BA, KLM allowed Daniel to do that? Never!!
They will rather back the passenger knowing how that will popularize their airline to start with.

That passenger should sue the airline, Daniel and his security personnel for every penny. Nigerian elite has a long way to go. This shows how this people views those they claim to be serving. What a shame!!

I am sure if they have their way, they would have demanded that every body onboard to hold their breath, as they can’t breath the same air with the emperor Gbenga Daniel. Those that doubted the guy that claimed that Gov Ohakim of Imo state horse whipped him should now have a rethink. This guys are power drunk.

Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by chic2pimp(m): 3:53am On Mar 12, 2010
sjeezy8:

Im not surprised esp in naija where a gov a spanks another grown man, law makers bite journalist, reps slap eachother wives, I mean I dont know who these people think they are mehn- they are too glorified when they are ordinary govs who are suppose to work for the people. They are employed by the people.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by sulad82i(m): 4:40am On Mar 12, 2010
All this molestation need to end. Which kind yeye power be this?
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by supereagle(m): 6:25am On Mar 12, 2010
When Tony Blair was president of Gb, he travelled to anywhere in economic class, we didn't hear that he molested his co-passengers . Nigerians are always power drunk. The lawyer should not allow the case to lie low.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Enotfare: 6:31am On Mar 12, 2010
What of if this happens to an ordinary average man? Na becus he b lawyer we hear!?
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by RichyBlacK(m): 6:52am On Mar 12, 2010
otele:
and people wonder why militants wake up and kill in the country, when a governor can behave this way Grin . . . .i wonder why people still expect any good thing from this govt. and anyway, the govt is nothing but a reflection of the people . . lol . .

nigeria is nothing but a land of barbarians. the only way to end nigeria's curse is for the country to recognise the injustice done to the igbos in the 60s and apologise for same. the blood of those killed in the ethnic cleansing of the 60s where the whole country . . hausa/yoruba/efik/ijaw/middle-belt/bendel etc all joined hands and finished an innocent group of people. that original sin will hunt nigeria forever until nigeria acknowledges and apologises. and i'm not even talking of reparations bc no amt of money can compensate for that injustice, so its not about money but about open apology to the igbos both living and dead. until then . . . nigeria will continue to deteriorate and the niger delta people will continue to see their land despoiled and their oil taken to the north and the northern ''xtians'' will continue to be attacked by islamic elements and attacks will be followed by counter attack  . . . no peace . . . until the blood of the innocent igbos killed in the north is appeased.  Tongue

otele,

Thank you very much for this post. Though I'm not surprised some people have failed to see the strength of your insight.

What otele is saying in simple terms is this: We are all Biafrans!

No system intended for the good of the people can achieve it's goal without listening to the complaints, cries and criticisms of the very people it is intended to serve.

Biafra was born out of the refusal of the Nigerian government to listen to the complaints, cries and criticisms of a group of Nigerians in the aftermath of large-scale destruction of lives and property. The complaints, cries and criticisms led to several deliberations in Aburi, Ghana and an accord/agreement was reached - an agreement that would in effect show that the Nigerian government was ready and willing to take some positive steps to address the complaints, cries and criticisms of that group of Nigerians. The Nigerian government subsequently reneged on an agreement it had reached with this group of people. Out of the real fear that it was unsafe to continue living in a country that afforded zero protection for the ordinary citizens of that group, the then leaders of the people of that group had no option but to declare their independence from an apparently failed system - a government unable and unwilling to protect its own citizens. The rest they say is history.

An important angle to all this is the question of the complaints, cries and criticisms of some Nigerians, belonging to other groups, who believed the would-be Biafrans (Biafra came to being after, not before, the Nigerian government coordinated a pogrom targeted at Ndi-Igbo) planned and executed the January 1966 coup that saw the brutal assassination of some of their key political figures. Those complaints, cries and criticisms, however misguided, were born out of palpable ethnic suspicions. The role of any sensible government would have been to address the issue by dealing with the coup plotters, as individuals. However, the government of Gowon came to power by a coup that saw hundreds (maybe thousands) of Igbo officers executed. This targeting of Igbos only bolstered the "kill all Igbos" agenda.

Biafrans fought a war forced on them; a war of survival. In summary:

Okoro did not feel safe in Nigeria after being accused of a heinous crime; the government refused to grant Okoro his constitutional rights to legal protection until the case was tried in court. The government, already believing Okoro was guilty, did nothing to protect the murder of some of Okoro's family members and the destruction of his property. Okoro decided to return to his village. The government was willing to talk to Okoro and reassure him of the safety of his family members and his property. Okoro reached an agreement with the Nigerian government. The Nigerian government later abandoned the agreement. Okoro then felt really unsafe and decided to remain in his village. The government didn't like that idea.

The relevance of all this to the treatment Mr. Greg Otsu received at the hands of Governor Gbenga Daniel and his security entourage can be found in the lessons we all learned from Okoro's experience:

* Do not complain, cry or criticize the government.
* If the government is wrong, it's your fault because you made it so.
* The government is not under any obligation to guarantee you any rights - you're on your own.
* You must do whatever the government wants you to do.
* None of your rights include self-defense.
* Doing anything to protect yourself from harm, without government approval, will incur the wrath of the government.

Mr. Greg Otsu, a native of Etsako in Etsako West Local Government of Edo State, at the moment of injustice, was a Biafran:

* Just as Okoro wanted to remain in his village in peace, Mr. Greg Otsu wanted to remain on his seat in peace.
* Just as the Nigerian government attacked Okoro for deciding to remain in his village, Mr. Greg Otsu was "dealt with" for having the effrontery to as much as think of seating down on the seat he bought.
* Just as Okoro was made to look like the aggressor against the "peaceful" Nigerian government, Mr. Greg Otsu was made to look like a troublemaker, who was insulting the "peaceful, kind, gentle and soft-spoken" Governor + Otunba Gbenga Daniel and dragged to the police station.

Mr. Greg Otsu, like many of us complaining, crying and criticizing the Nigerian government and its officials, is a Biafran!

May the spirit of fighting against determined oppression never die!
May those who seek to champion the cause of the oppressed never be discouraged!
May the spirit of Biafra, the spirit of fighting against uncompromising evil, live on!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Snowman1: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2010
I have boarded a flight with the Cross River State governor before and there was no wahala. He sat in business class and all his aides sat in economy. What is wrong with OGD
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by carnal: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2010
In as much i think that this is not good on a democracy
But,for god sake he is a governor of a state and the Lawyer should have respected that(if the lawyer is a governor he would have same),let him have some respect since it is the ADC,okay even if it is not the ADC siting next to a executive governor of the federal republic of Nigeria is a SECURITY VULNERABILITY lets come to think of that he should have accepted to go to somewhere else,a governor should sit alone of next to his security details not a person the governor does not know,that is a BIG SECURITY ISSUE.who knows if he did so politely (moving to the business cabin)and plead with the governor then the governor would have paid for his next flight and if he is lucky + another flight,
You just cant sit near a governor of he does not know you,the ADC,police will think all sorts of things.
And to the issue of suing the governor/government/ADC/airline if there is not evidence to that then oops and i doubt the police will allow any evidence to that,
I can say that nothing can happen,
That is Life for you,sometimes you see injustice or be treated unjust but you have to forgive and in this if you dont well thats your wahala ,
@sterra2 mak u jus shut up dia oooooo angry,i have been chanced to seat next to DONALD DUKE before on the same flight infact economy flight for that matter oooo when he was a governor,damn dat guy is humble.so who the hell is OGD,useless womaniser who run over every 9ja babes wenever he visits london,oshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by SwtzMinx(f): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2010
.WTF??. . .d0es he own da plane?. . .or is the g0vern0r n0t a n0rmal human being?. . .
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by otukpo(f): 8:20am On Mar 12, 2010
Upon all the hate this OGD has put upon his head.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by desgiezd(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2010
I saw this in the newspaper this morning:

I was forced to apologise to Daniel, says humiliated passenger
By Kelvin Osa-OkunborPublished TodayNewsRating: Unrated

Gbenga Daniel A lawyer, Greg Otsu, who was humiliated by Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel’s security aides aboard an IRS Airline on Wednesday, relived his ordeal yesterday.

Describing the government’s account of the incident as "false", Otsu denied apologising to the governor, saying he only wrote on a piece of paper to regain his freedom.

He said he took the action as an "escape route" following the intervention of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Audu.

According to him, the DCP pleaded that the matter should be settled amicably.

Otsu said: "The government’s account is false. The security aides said they were going to deal with me. They said I could not sit with a governor. One of them said he is a policeman and threatened to deal with me. Basically, I am talking to my lawyers.

"When I bought my ticket, nobody told me I was going to sit beside a Gbenga Daniel. When their harassment was becoming too much, the captain asked me to go to the economy class for peace to reign and I did. A Lebanese man graciously abandoned his seat for me.

I am a businessman responsible for over 50 employees. I didn’t make any formal statement at the police station and I didn’t apologise to the governor. The DCP said we should settle the matter amicably.

"Over 25 passengers were with me insisting on justice being done before leaving. At the police station, following the DCP’s intervention, a woman who says he works in the Senate President’s office, pinched me to write a note.

"I described on a paper and gave it to the DCP. You know this is Nigeria. I did it to save my life because anything could have happened to me if I didn’t take that decision."

Otsu, who said he is a lawyer with 15 years experience, denied that he was drunk at the time of the incident as alleged by the security aides.

"How can I be drinking at 8a.m?" He asked, adding: "As a businessman I had a lot to do in Lagos that day so I could not afford to waste time at the police station."

Otsu said he has been treated for the wounds he sustained. Noting: "My lips are swollen because the officers punched me. One held me by my trousers and another by my suit. I told the police I am the complainant.

"It was then the DCP said, please gentleman let by gone be bygone. The DCP said he wasn’t leaving until an apology is written. As a wise man I wrote on a plain sheet because I wanted to leave there.

EI was forced to apologise to Daniel, says humiliated passenger
By Kelvin Osa-OkunborPublished TodayNewsRating: Unrated

Gbenga Daniel A lawyer, Greg Otsu, who was humiliated by Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel’s security aides aboard an IRS Airline on Wednesday, relived his ordeal yesterday.

Describing the government’s account of the incident as "false", Otsu denied apologising to the governor, saying he only wrote on a piece of paper to regain his freedom.

He said he took the action as an "escape route" following the intervention of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Audu.

According to him, the DCP pleaded that the matter should be settled amicably.

Otsu said: "The government’s account is false. The security aides said they were going to deal with me. They said I could not sit with a governor. One of them said he is a policeman and threatened to deal with me. Basically, I am talking to my lawyers.

"When I bought my ticket, nobody told me I was going to sit beside a Gbenga Daniel. When their harassment was becoming too much, the captain asked me to go to the economy class for peace to reign and I did. A Lebanese man graciously abandoned his seat for me.

I am a businessman responsible for over 50 employees. I didn’t make any formal statement at the police station and I didn’t apologise to the governor. The DCP said we should settle the matter amicably.

"Over 25 passengers were with me insisting on justice being done before leaving. At the police station, following the DCP’s intervention, a woman who says he works in the Senate President’s office, pinched me to write a note.

"I described on a paper and gave it to the DCP. You know this is Nigeria. I did it to save my life because anything could have happened to me if I didn’t take that decision."

Otsu, who said he is a lawyer with 15 years experience, denied that he was drunk at the time of the incident as alleged by the security aides.

"How can I be drinking at 8a.m?" He asked, adding: "As a businessman I had a lot to do in Lagos that day so I could not afford to waste time at the police station."

Otsu said he has been treated for the wounds he sustained. Noting: "My lips are swollen because the officers punched me. One held me by my trousers and another by my suit. I told the police I am the complainant.

"It was then the DCP said, please gentleman let by gone be bygone. The DCP said he wasn’t leaving until an apology is written. As a wise man I wrote on a plain sheet because I wanted to leave there.

Earlier, in a statement, Daniel’s Chief Press Secretary Adegbenro Adebayo alleged that Otsu was drunk when the incident occurred.

Thhttp://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/39384/1/I-was-forced-to-apologise-to-Daniel-says-humiliated-passenger/Page1.htmle statement claimed that Otsu also "apologised for his unruly behaviour in writing before the police was allowed to go".
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by megastu(m): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2010
We southerners just make things difficult. I once sat with Zamfara State Governor, and we gisted all the way to Abuja. No harrasment from any ADC.

God help us.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by teireal(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2010
na wa oh! power at hand,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by benjamina(m): 10:01am On Mar 12, 2010
mere reading this story,its an annoying incident.I never heard in the writeup that the governor said something.If the so called governor could not handle that simple misunderstanding,how would he manage a complex one.The truth is that these people stole mandate by violence so they love violence.They will definitely reap from the evil they ve done.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Pamperme: 10:05am On Mar 12, 2010
i am not one bit surprised by Daniel's behaviour. am not surprised!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by klerry(m): 10:13am On Mar 12, 2010
OMG, this is serious injustice, it's only only in this country that I see leaders molesting their followers, oh did i say leaders, I mean power drunk and greedy dictators. I'm not suprised anyway I do not expect anything good from the useless governor of ogub state anyway. If he can deployey arned men with armoured tank to one of the tertiary institutions in Ogun state for stopping his wife's convoy during a protest for power supply. They ended up killing students and leaving many injured, so I'm not suprised at all at his reaction or the way he allowed his aides handle the matter. I dislike him a great deal.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2010
GBENGA DANIEL IS POWER DRUNK AND IT WILL LEAD TO HIS DESTRUCTION. HAVE WE FORGOTTEN WHAT HE DID TO IYABO OBASANJO INSIDE THE CHURCH? OGUN STATE IS NOW THE MOST LAWLESS STATE IN NIGERIA WITH GBENGA IN BATTLE WITH EVERYBODY AND HIMSELF. HE THINKS HE IS GOD!!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by honsule(m): 10:32am On Mar 12, 2010
Power drunk Gov.Time will tell
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by honsule(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2010
@Otele.Sentiment aside,let us be realistic here.what is your motive for ur continue insistence that Nigeria must apologize for "The Original Sin of 1960s against the Igbos"?
One thing u need to know is that,Eschew Bitterness.To me u are just being sentimental and thus allowing ur emotions and idiosyncrasy overtake ur sense of reasoning.Apology or not,lies not the Solution to Naija state of doldrums.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by DoubleN(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2010
Gross Abuse of Power!!If na me i no go gree o!!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Adexy001(f): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2010
So much being said, I think he should sue the airline alongside with the governor, his aides, and the Nigeria police(well, he is a lawyer and I am sure he knows what to do). There is no amount of apology that they can rely on to beat a man to sustain injuries.(i Hope he hs enough pictures). He should even appeal to Nigerian's sentiments by posting the pictures everywhere he can - in hte dailies, on the net, to the National Assembly and lots more.

Drunk or not(which the need to prove), he paid for that flight and did not pay for an economy class sit. He paid for a business class and sit and has the right to have sat down beside whoever. If his sit partner could not contain the stentch or inconveninece, he should have gotten up from his sit to elsewhere or called the crew to handle the situation.

I fully support him filing an action against all of dem o jere and claim exemplary damages including public apology o jere. This sort of action should be curbed. As for those that think what the aides did is right, i pity you all cos with this mindset, you will never be able to know what or who you are talkless of knowing what your rights are. At ds time and age? I am very appalled.

I am sure their reaction would have been different if it was just a common white man that was sitted beside the governor o!!!!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by furacao(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2010
Our people in power still behave like animals. well, when it was not our votes that got them into post, why will they not see that their actions such as this are wrong?
No wonder civil people want to check out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants / 33 Killed In Fresh Plateau Clashes / PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.