Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor (11535 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Did Any One Notoced The Guy Sitting Close To Jega Was Eating When Dat Pdp Member / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by agabaI23(m): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2010
otele:

agaba,
somebody has to say the truth. maka ndi ara ka nna m jiri gbapu naijiria after the war and we thank God he was lucky things went well for him in england. ya e meetie my mum, luo ya na london bia mutazie anyi nile. but he still has the scars and he talks about it often. he taught me not to be bitter with people on a personal level. but he implanted in me a hot dislike for the system that sent him on self exile for 40yrs and he lost his relatives in that mayhem

anyway, i think the best way forward is to accept the truth and then work from there
Nwanna, I can imagine. Ndo! Obara umuigbo ka na-ebe akwa.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Jakumo(m): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2010
Reports by credible eyewitnesses to the airplane seat altercation confirm that the gentleman who intended to sit beside the state governor as the fattest mufugguh you ever saw, with a Texas-sized beer gut that would have posed a clear and present security threat to all passengers in that row of seats.  In short, had that passenger been permitted to sit beside the governor, His Excellency would have been squashed like a sardine and possibly suffocated to death by the sheer bulk of his next seat neighbor.

Were I aboard that plane as a member of the governor's security detail, I would have demanded that the aircraft's captain open a suitable exit door, through which the erring passenger would have then been unceremoniously kicked out with NO paraschute, once cruising altitude of 25,000 feet above sea level and 270 knots airspeed had been attained,  to serve as a vivid lesson to others of similar girth who might become deluded enough to think God owes them 3 aircraft seats for the price of one ticket.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by biozy(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2010
if it were a white-man or a beautiful damsel they wouldn't complain.
my unending advise is[b] VOTE WISELY NEXT TIME[/b]
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by agabaI23(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2010
As if your vote counts^
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by chosen04(f): 11:33am On Mar 12, 2010
quote by rasputinn

@ Chosen04

If you tried to be funny,you didn't impress me.In any case his name isn't Greg Osu,but Greg Otsu,he's a personal friend of mine and we spoke about the unfortunate incident this morning.The ring leaders of that nonsense were the protocol officer to Gbenga Daniel and the ADC
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
==========================================================
Whether his name is Greg OSU or Greg Otsu it doesnot change anything. The fact still remains that people with such "OSU sounding names" are bound to be maltreated. Have you ever asked your self if such treatment can ever be meted out to somebody with Nwachukwu, Obasanjo, Obama, Yar'adua etc as surname?

Even the Police man on the street and roads looks out for your Titles, Qualifications, Positions, surnames etc before bullying you.

If there is a change of surname by Greg Otsu and no change of treatment from others(including but not limited to Nigerian Politicans, Polices) toward him then dont ever take me serious.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by agabaI23(m): 11:37am On Mar 12, 2010
chosen04:

[color=#990000]quote by rasputinn

@ Chosen04

Whether his name is Greg OSU or Greg Otsu it doesnot change anything. The fact still remains that people with such "OSU sounding names" are bound to be maltreated. Have you ever asked your self if such treatment can ever be meted out to somebody with Nwachukwu, Obasanjo, Obama, Yar'adua etc as surname?

Even the Police man on the street and roads looks out for your Titles, Qualifications, Positions, surnames etc before bullying you.

If there is a change of surname by Greg Otsu and no change of treatment from others(including but not limited to Nigerian Politicans, Polices) toward him then dont ever take me serious.
What are you trying to explain here? Even if your name is Nwachukwu or Obi, the power drunk idiots will not look twice. i doubt they even know his name or are you one of those that conscious discriminate against humanbeings because of silly rituals? You de yarn opata sis smiley
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Teminio: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2010
I guess the governor is afraid of his shadow. There is no rest for the wicked hence everyone around him is a suspect of some sort.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by bilms(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2010
daniel is a fool,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by desgiezd(m): 11:51am On Mar 12, 2010
chosen04:

I wonder what his name has to do with the treatment he got from the governor's aides. Are you saying they asked him to introduce himself before they started maltreating him or they looked at his name on the manifest?
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Kadejo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
tel gbenga, if God luvs him he wil finish s tenure. but if nt, b4 d end of dis mnth, GOD is able 2 remove him. IS AN IDIOT GOVERNOR 4 wat he had done
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2010
Jakumo:

Reports by credible eyewitnesses to the airplane seat altercation confirm that the gentleman who intended to sit beside the state governor as the fattest mufugguh you ever saw, with a Texas-sized beer gut that would have posed a clear and present security threat to all passengers in that row of seats.  In short, had that passenger been permitted to sit beside the governor, His Excellency would have been squashed like a sardine and possibly suffocated to death by the sheer bulk of his next seat neighbor.

Were I aboard that plane as a member of the governor's security detail, I would have demanded that the aircraft's captain open a suitable exit door, through which the erring passenger would have then been unceremoniously kicked out with NO paraschute, once cruising altitude of 25,000 feet above sea level and 270 knots airspeed had been attained,  to serve as a vivid lesson to others of similar girth who might become deluded enough to think God owes them 3 aircraft seats for the price of one ticket.
i've boarded plane with state governors on the lagos-abuja route and what i noticed was that they are the last persons to board and first to alight.on my enquiry,the airport guys told me,that is the standard procedure for treating governors,their deputies and other national figures.if that is the case,how come the guy was coming in when the governor was already seated.there are standards everywhere and i believe that standard should be maintained.his aides should however be sanctioned for their over-zealousness in handling the issue.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by ddiamond(f): 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
Kadejo:

tel gbenga, if God luvs him he wil finish �s tenure. but if nt, b4 d end of dis mnth, GOD is able 2 remove him. IS AN IDIOT GOVERNOR 4 wat he had done

well said bro,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by alanrewaju: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
From the whole story i didn't see how d governor Himself was involved in this humiliating incident, i think its just the foolish Security aide that he goes about with that is abusing power on behalf of his boss. If OGD had wanted no body by him he would had paid 4 d seat(s).
I sincerely think he should sue the airline as well, abi standing don dey 4 plane 2.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by puffpuff: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
Wait! Where is the governor when this happened. Did he interfered at all? If not, then the man nothing but animal
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by chosen04(f): 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
@desdiezed and agada123.

Do you think Daniel and his ADC will just start maltreating co-passage on a flight without first of all making underground checks?

What makes you think the airline is not aware of the man's travials. Daniel's ADC must have made background checks on the man and given the clearence that Greg Otus is not "connected to powerful family" b/4 his embrassement by same airline

Why will the airline look the other way while the maltreatment lasted? Cos he simply does not bear a surname that looks connected and they are very sure of handling it and going scot free.

Its a bitter truth. But i know what am talking about. Will that airline allow such treatment on a family member of our influential politicans(esp. with a known surname)? No.
Air hostess can collaborate what am saying. Its even taught in Police colleges.

"Dont mess around with the connected or those that seems connected"
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by gorociano: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2010
Our Governor has gone mad again!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by agabaI23(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
chosen04:

@desdiezed and agada123.

Do you think Daniel and his ADC will just start maltreating co-passage on a flight without first of all making underground checks?

What makes you think the airline is not aware of the man's travials. Daniel's ADC must have made background checks on the man and given the clearence that Greg Otus is not "connected to powerful family" b/4 his embrassement by same airline

Why will the airline look the other way while the maltreatment lasted? Cos he simply does not bear a surname that looks connected and they are very sure of handling it and going scot free.

Its a bitter truth. But i know what am talking about. Will that airline allow such treatment on a family member of our influential politicans(esp. with a known surname)? No.
Air hostess can collaborate what am saying. Its even taught in Police colleges.

"Dont mess around with the connected or those that seems connected"

Yea I get you, that is why the naval ratings and their boss will have to battle the N100 million compensation slammed on them. May be the ratings did not check well before manhandling Uzoma whose father was an officer and still works in the senate.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by xpagnol: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
nawaoo, gbenga+irs+business klass+1 seat

DID U SAY GBENGA AND IRS
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by ladijaiye(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
The Airline Pilot should have announce to all other passenger that they have "Animal Guvnor Gbenga Daniel" and his crew on board, so other passenger should be aware. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by kenmaro: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
Governor Daniel did not demonstrate a true leadership trait in this incidence. He has shown an excessive abuse of fundamental human right not just to the gentle lawyer in concern but to the general public who are his subordinates/ followers and who he, the governor, is supposed to demonstrate good leadership traits to for them to emulate. If Nigeria were not a corrupt and unfair country, this issue I think calls for a severe penalty on the governor. The lawyer should sue IRS too for a breach of contract. He paid for a business class and traveled in the economy class not by his negligence but that of IRS. Because, I expect IRS to have a number of the total vacant sits on board the aircraft and know when the sits have all been booked.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by kristonium(m): 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2010
That governor has lost touch with reality!he is nothing but a living corpse.those who know him should start weeping for him.He has been weighed in a balance and found wanting!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by alldone(m): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
look all this guy we elected should know that htey are to serve and not to lord over us.
ok oo nothing last forever he will soon leave the seat. this is too bad.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by safariman(m): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
Reading the full account of the story, I am a little concerned that as a lawyer, he signed a note that sounds like an apology in order to free himself or to be let go by the ADC. I am saying this because he should as a lawyer/barrister know his fundamental rights, and therefore, should not be signing anything that appear under duress, but that goes to show you the police' are also a problem here in the flight of common man,
The governor is a disgrace and I am still surprised that people are surprised with these type of incident
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2010
The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice, OGD you'll understand better,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by deoking: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Useless Governor,good for nothing aides,l
useless Jakunmooooo!!!!

Good for nothing IRS

lipsrsealed embarassed

Insane Police!

phissssssssssssssssssss!!!!

walks out of thread angrily,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by cvibe: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
The Pilot should be sacked for not being in command of his plane.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2010
cvibe:

The Pilot should be sacked for not being in command of his plane.

What do u think he cld have done?
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Taito007(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
=d> that is for those that stood by the man and if not for them the matter would have been worst than that. I will blame the governor and the airline for everything. You cannot blame the ADC as he has to show his master he his doing his job, it is now left to the master to say calm down and apologise to the man (which the governor didn't do). The airline should first refund the cost paid by the man and even grant him 6 months free or reduced rate. But since we are in a country where the rule of law is not respected (abused more often by those in power) and no respect for human rights, such things will continue.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by oderemo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
We southerners just make things difficult. I once sat with Zamfara State Governor, and we gisted all the way to Abuja. No harrasment from any ADC
how come the man no shop off you hands. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by beecrofty(m): 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2010
i'm just short of words, it's the Norm in NIgeria, lol, Injustice is the order of the day, you get oppressed from every angle everyday if you reside in Nigeria.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by theviper1: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2010
u know,there is something about @chosen04 that i cant connect with.most of her posts are off colour. now tell me in the name of Jesus Christ,the man from Naze,hw did gov Daniels ADC know who will board the plane with them. did the adc ask for the planes manifest inorder to know the passengers names.this our sis sabi yarn opata all the time. even if he had asked mr Otsu about his name,the man wont tell him.and 4 sme1 who claims to be a serious religious person still ascribing to such ancient and heathens behaviours. u need to read your bible more and stop making a monkey of urself.neither gov Daniels nor his adc is an igbo person,so they have no way of knowing whom he was or his name.this is the most childish and silly opinion i have seen in a long while. the air force "mad dogs" didnt know it was an Abiola before they humiliated him bck then? keep such opinions to your kitchen and church alone.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by oge4real(f): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2010
Otunba is just a disgrace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

​Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program / Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.