Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor (11415 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Did Any One Notoced The Guy Sitting Close To Jega Was Eating When Dat Pdp Member / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by obstead200(m): 12:38am On Mar 13, 2010
I do not blame the governor. he has to be protected. It is his right.
I blame the very daft and stupid protocol officers who do not know that for maximim security, all the seats in the Business class is to be reserved for His excellency and his aides. That is standard security procedure which that fool of an ADC should know and be practive enof to act on at least 3hrs before his excellency boards the plane.

The airline is also stupid. they should have immediately realocated a seat to the affected persenger and also arrange a refund.

If I were the passenger, thank God he is a lawyer, I will sue the living daylight out of the airline.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2010
all the seats in the Business class is to be reserved for His excellency and his aides

thank you- they're all supposed to be sitting together at least

dont know what kind of system they run in nigeria.

if na corruption now, them go sharp for that one.

**why do i never get to sit next to a governor or president on a commercial flight. i no qualify or what**
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by tpbehappy(m): 3:43am On Mar 13, 2010
what a crazy democracy? it is high time we started to fight for our right and not just be like the internet soldiers. Daniel is a disgrace to the entire people of ogun state. well i am not surprised, what do you expect from a drug addict like him.
soonest nemesis will soon catch up on him
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Nescoemmy(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2010
just imagine the kind of life we live in nigeria, most times i regret being a nigerian,am begining to think of military rule it might not be all that bad.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by spunk(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2010
they say change begins with that small act exhibited by the small crowd of people that followed the lawyer to the police post.
Nigerians it is time to act and claim back our rights.we should not let this moroons get there way everytime.when is this B.S going to stop?untill we put ourselves together and revolutionise angry. what those persenger did helped mr osu if not ,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by monkeyleg: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2010
@obstead200, if the governor needs to be protected, he should buy his own plane. There is not justification for what he did. Just shows the mentality of the people that rule us. If you feel you cannot relate with the people you rule, then you are not fit ti be governor, they should impeach the idiot
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by altoin(m): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2010
is there anything like human right? I don't xpect him [DANIEL]to say a word.He's PDP and dey re a bit short of respect.But the suprising thing is that This guys go outside the country and licked a councillor ass
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by meetmuyiwa(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
I read the whole story with passion and did wish the story will not just die down like that. what baffled me most was that the Governor's name or reaction was never mention throughout the whole story. i simple word as little as "It's OK" from the governor could had changed the whole story. i blv the governor was in support of the whole thing. But why will a governor not want anybody to sit with him (if he has nothing to hide). the lawyer would have been grateful for the opportunity for the rest of his life. i also wish the victim was a woman. She would have shown them 'pepe' with her mouth
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2010
meetmuyiwa:

I read the whole story with passion and did wish the story will not just die down like that. what baffled me most was that the Governor's name or reaction was never mention throughout the whole story. i simple word as little as "It's OK" from the governor could had changed the whole story. i blv the governor was in support of the whole thing. But why will a governor not want anybody to sit with him (if he has nothing to hide). the lawyer would have been grateful for the opportunity for the rest of his life. i also wish the victim was a woman. She would have shown them 'pepe' with her mouth

For security, it is aiight for the governor not to want anyone to sit beside him, however when he chose to fly a public flight with people assigned to seats close to him, he has breached that security procedure, so he needs to blame himself or the airline, but i hope the lawyer knows his right and fight it to finish.
I am sure if the lawyer was a woman, the governor would have said something, and give her his number to see him in his corner chamber . . . . tongue
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by jamace(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
Illegal show of power even in a public molue aircraft. Na wa for our riggers leaders o. shocked
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by crown22: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2010
OGIDI OMO ITA
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by cvibe: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2010
This goes  tell you that your vote is very important, use it wisely!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by crown22: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2010
OGIDI OMO ITA
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by adaphik(f): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2010
This is gross insanity, injustice n misuse of power on the part of that Governor. Can u imagine that! Who is he? He's obviously a megalomaniac. This is trash, absolute trash.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by obstead200(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
@obstead200, if the governor needs to be protected, he should buy his own plane. There is not justification for what he did. Just shows the mentality of the people that rule us. If you feel you cannot relate with the people you rule, then you are not fit ti be governor, they should impeach the idiot

Even in developed countries with a very strong system of democracy, the security of high ranking public officers are not compromised on the flimsy excuse of equality for all.
like I said before, the blame falls squarely on the governors protocol officers and the airline pple for not making adequate arrangements to prevent the mix up.
If that oaf of an aide de camp knows his job, that flight would have been booked at least 3hrs b/4 his excellency's boarding. he only needs to tell the airline that a VIP is coming aboard and they will make arrangement 2 either relocate the passenger or refund him.

I see no wisdom im in asking his excellency 2 buy his own jet. that is uncalled for and would amount 2 gross miss use of public funds.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by rasputinn(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2010
Who are these people referring to Gbenga Daniel as excellency,what's excellent in a tout,drug addict,adulterer and savage brute
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by nedu666: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2010
Once again if the passengers were armed ogd abi otb and his aids will think twice b4 embarking on such mission. Support the right for Nigerians to bear arms
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by oderemo(m): 12:27am On Mar 14, 2010
Once again if the passengers were armed ogd abi otb and his aids will think twice b4 embarking on such mission. Support the right for Nigerians to bear arms
@nedu, take a deep breath of fresh air, gun on a plane? isnt that plane stupid? grin grin grin
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by desgiezd(m): 5:51am On Mar 14, 2010
rasputinn:

Who are these people referring to Gbenga Daniel as excellency,what's excellent in a tout,drug addict,adulterer and savage brute

I guess the word "excellency" is meant for the seat he occupies and not for him as an individual because, from head to toe, there is nothing excellent about him
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by earthrealm(m): 6:27am On Mar 14, 2010
so why didnt the foolish gov n his aides  buy up like 4 seat ticketsm that way the4 governor wud be seated with his aides around him!!!!!!!!!, that is how its done in civilized societies!!!!.

this country is just run by useless clowns,
from the presidency down to the lg chairmen,
na only a handful sabi anything!!!!

its hightime some1 nuked that FEC  meeting, in abuja, make all those clowns kpeme, a small 5kiloton nuke will do the job, or a 10kiloton cruise missle, haba!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by 4tune1(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2010
Rubbish, Nonsense one day monkey go go market and in go carry butter back home. I just know that his days are few on that seat as gov. Pay back time will surely come his way.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Rmc1(m): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2010
Na over do de worry that adc of ogd, the govs adc should be called to order  cool but what did the gov have to say to all these? he is suposed  to be the peoples gov. some passenger should have filmed the commotion on their camera phone, and put it on u tube.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by AkoEja: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2010
Gbenga Daniel is one of the worst criminals in Nigeria who managed to steal the governor's seat. The man is an idiot, a thief, really full of himself. All the things he has been doing in Ogun state were activities of his front companies. Thief, Ole, barawo, onyin osi !
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by SkySpirit(m): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
Oya na sue OGD 4a billion since Judith Okere has set d standard!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by chosen04(f): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2010
the viper:

u know,there is something about @chosen04 that i cant connect with.most of her posts are off colour. now tell me in the name of Jesus Christ,the man from Naze,hw did gov Daniels ADC know who will board the plane with them. did the adc ask for the planes manifest inorder to know the passengers names.this our sis sabi yarn opata all the time. even if he had asked mr Otsu about his name,the man wont tell him.and 4 sme1 who claims to be a serious religious person still ascribing to such ancient and heathens behaviours. u need to read your bible more and stop making a monkey of urself.neither gov Daniels nor his adc is an igbo person,so they have no way of knowing whom he was or his name.this is the most childish and silly opinion i have seen in a long while. the air force "mad dogs" didnt know it was an Abiola before they humiliated him bck then? keep such opinions to your kitchen and church alone.

You need to have your head cross examined.

Its only a FOOL like you that will not known that ADC must have made underground checks b/4 embrassing the "charge and bail' lawyer (they must have taken him for that). Its a shame that with the way the airline looked the other way that you cant decode anything?

When was the last time you heard of such things happening to DANGOTEs, IBORIs, YAR'ADUAs, IBBs ADENUGAs, OTEDOLAs etc.

You must be sick to believe that Daniel can treat a relation of a former or serving governor in the same vein has OTSU was treated. Do your research well and you will understand that no govt officials intimids anybody "now" without doing underground checks first.

Have you lost your sense of reasoning? You must be reasoning with your anus and not your head.
U dont seem to understand that embrassement is a game by the strong and the rich to belittle the weak and the poor of their right(s) and not the other way round or even those at par with them.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by chiboy8: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2010
i don't why d people in authority use d power 2 oppress & at d same time surpress others, dat's on fair & and it can

easily governor inhumanity 2 passenger.------

dis means dat no right of speech, discremination al around,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by cystein(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
Hahaha, So what is this that the Govenor has which I dont have? I fly a chattered flight in most cases, got security detail, etc and all that. It just tells us how uncouth and uneducated the governor, his administration and his security staff are. I wonder which fool will vote for this guy!!!!
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by pendusky(m): 6:28am On Mar 17, 2010
this is incredible,preposterous and senseless, Mr. Osu dont worry justice will prevail oneday
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by teejaygold(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2010
stupid man, omo ale jaja,
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by Rhea(f): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
The aggrieved passenger should have maintained his stance and probably have the ADC shove him off the seat. Then he can go ahead and sue him for assault. He is a lawyer. He should know better. If we do not claim our rights, we will always be wronged and nothing will come out of it.
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by reemix123(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
PLEASE ! PLEASE ! PLEASE ! We are in a democracy we run the country let us make a stand for the common man. Expose this to the world. Send the story link to EVERYONE in your mailing list and tell them to PASS IT ON if you really believe in justice support this man title your mail JUSTICE FOR MR GREG OSU here is the story link and full details below from the Nation newspaper

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/39277/1/I-will-seek-justice-says-passenger-humiliated-by-Daniels-aides/Page1.html

I will seek justice, says passenger humiliated by Daniel’s aides
By Kelvin Osa-Okunbor Published 11/03/2010 News Rating: Unrated

Daniel
A passenger who boarded a flight with Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel but was molested out of his seat has threatened to sue the government, reports KEVIN OSA-OKUNBOR

The issue was supposed to be very simple, but it ended as a very complicated matter. Both decorum and civility were thrown aboard when security details of Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel yesterday humiliated a co-passenger on a Lagos-bound flight from Abuja.

The passenger, Mr Greg Osu, had bought a business class ticket and taken his seat for a smooth flight. But the comfort he paid for was soon short-changed for discomfort by the security details with the governor. They asked him to get off the seat because the governor was to sit next to it. The confused passenger did not understand why and how his position was an encumbrance to that of the governor. He protested.

But his complaint only drew the ire of the overzealous security aides. They threatened to deal with him on getting to Lagos.

The confusion attracted the attention of other passengers, who expressed surprise and anger over the violation of an innocent passenger’s rights by those paid to protect them.

The pilot was contacted. He looked helpless, considering the personality involved. But he managed to placate the aggrieved passenger by relegating him to the economy class and appealed to the security aides to allow peace to reign.

But the governor’s Aide-de-Camp (ADC) threatened fire and brimstone against the hapless passenger, to teach him a lesson about how not to behave when a governor demands privileges.

The plane took off at Abuja at 09:02am and touched down at the local wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport (MMA) in Ikeja at 10:12am. The governor’s ADC threatened to hand Mr Osu, a lawyer, to the police in Lagos.

To confirm that the threat was not empty, the ADC waited in anger for the lawyer to get off the plane. The other passengers, who had become interested in the matter, joined Osu as the security aide tackled him. There was an argument. Other passengers intervened, but the ADC wanted his pound of flesh.

He dragged the lawyer to the police post at the new Terminal Two of the airport for questioning. There was another round of argument. Most of the other passengers seemed prepared to spend the whole day with Osu to ensure that he was not further molested by Daniel’s security aides. They followed the lawyer to both the police post and the divisional police station at Beesam junction along the airport road.

From the time the flight arrived in Lagos at 10:12am, the matter dragged till 2:00pm. Mr Osu’s co-passengers stood by him, leaving their businesses and other things to ensure justice.

The aggrieved lawyer threatened to press charges against Ogun State Government and his security apparatus for the humiliation.

None of the officials of the airline was at the police station to give account of what transpired on board.

After the hours of the ‘ground rage’, as it is called in aviation parlance, the matter was resolved. But most of the passengers who witnessed it all expressed shock at the level of officiousness and high-handedness by people given political power on behalf of the people. Osu was among those who addressed reporters on the incident.

He said: "I am a lawyer. My name is Greg Osu. They knew I bought a business class ticket, secured a seat beside the governor of Ogun State. But they pushed me out. This is the bad experience we go through everyday. I got on board, seated close to the governor. The ADC pushed me out, they said I shouldn’t seat near the governor. There were only four seats on the plane and the four seats were occupied. They claimed they have the apparatus to deal with me and coerce me. That is how we got to the police station. We will see how the case will go. They threatened to deal with."

Another passenger said: "I am Emeka Okafor, one of the passengers aboard the IRS Airlines flight from Abuja to Lagos. I was sitting at the exit, by the wings. I saw the gentleman standing up, picking up his things, to move to another seat. He was talking to one of the cabin attendants of the airline, saying, ‘Why are you people embarrassing me. I’m supposed to seat on the business class seat. Why are you moving me to the economy seat?’ Then, he picked up his things and was going. Of course, he was not happy. He got agitated and was still talking. I heard the security detail attached to Gbenga Daniel talking, shouting on the passenger, asking him, ‘Why are you talking like this? You are embarrassing the governor.’ He said, ‘What is all this? Don’t you know you are embarrassing the governor?’

"The passenger insisted, saying: "I have a right to sit on my seat. I paid for it. If the governor does not want anybody to sit near him, he should have flown on a chartered flight or, better still, buy his own private jet. The security details started abusing the passenger, threatening to bit him up when they got down from the aircraft.

"By that time, I had to get up. I started appealing to the security details to leave the man alone. I then went to the captain on board, and I stood up and shouted, saying: ‘Is there no captain in charge of this flight? Can he take control of this aircraft?’ Of course, the captain identified himself, and he calmed everybody down. The security details still went ahead to threaten that when they got to Lagos they would deal with the passenger. I knew that was pure injustice.

"I left everything I wanted to do today to say my beat of the story, even if I do not have the ability to change anything. But at least, I could say my beat and challenge injustice, that there was excessive show of executive powers and overzealousness by the security details.

"When we got down, they waited for the passenger. When I saw them through the aircraft window, I went to the captain of the aircraft and told him, ‘You were in charge of this flight, why don’t you do something? After all, everything that happened happened under your watch. You were the commander in the air, you must go there and say your bit to the police so that they do not molest that man.’ He thanked me and appealed to them all. That was how they took the man to the police post at the new domestic terminal. I decided to go with them to offer my account of all that happened. There is no price too big to pay for injustice."

Another passenger said: "I am Mr Ike Ehie, a visiting professor at the School of Business, the American University of Nigeria, in Yola. I was on that IRS Airlines flight; I saw everything that happened.

"We were sitting on the same roll in the economy cabin of the aircraft. I just saw the passenger standing up. I thought he did not have a seat and I asked him how come. ‘Did the airline oversell their seats?’ The passenger told me that the Ogun State Governor was near the seat he was allocated. He was forced out of the seat.

"When we got on ground, the security details attached to the governor threatened to deal with the passenger for allegedly being rude to the governor. This is a very simple matter. Why should he be asked to lose his seat? The argument of the governor’s aides was wrong."
Re: Co-passenger Forced Out Of His Seat For Sitting Close To A Governor by wudd: 2:55am On May 08, 2010
this is just bullshit, chai 9ja, meeechew, ,, this idiots in power never learn, after humiliating all the people considered low, naa worm and maggot go chop em. where is abacha, etc today? no b maggot finish job?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund / NLC Strike Flops, Partial Compliance In States / El-rufa’i Dashed People’s Hopes — Kaduna Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.