Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171995 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
opeoluwa20:
Thanks bro i have done like u said i got a new ds and i updated the new one, am i going to contact the embassy via email to update the new ds and barcode

print out the ds160 confirmation page and the appointment page, compare them and get back to us.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
For my my appointment page i got a mail for for the former appointment but this time i haven't gotten any mail as for the ds form i have the correct info and a new ds 160 number what will i do to get a mail regarding the changes on my appointment page.
seyewest:

print out the ds160 confirmation page and the appointment page, compare them and get back to us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carozy112(f): 7:37am On Mar 27, 2018
B1/B2 Visa fee is now 57,600. The exchange rate actually caused a reduction and not an increase.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eluquenson(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2018
carozy112:
B1/B2 Visa fee is now 57,600. The exchange rate actually caused a reduction and not an increase.
That's cool

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temmyt20(m): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2018
carozy112:
thats nice...any official link from the embassy or gtb yet?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2018
This is nice 57,600
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Esooros: 9:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello... Good morning... My Visa was approved on the 19 and was given a white paper on instruction how to pick it....most it be 10 working days or More?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2018
temmyt20:
thats nice...any official link from the embassy or gtb yet?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwadunxy: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2018
Please does anyone know the available interview date both in Lagos and Abuja I have a programme slated for July, any useful information is appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2018
VISA FEES IS N57600

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2018
Not to boast or be arrogant my respect for @Omobendel grew more and more everyday because of our discussion about Visa fees and we both predicted correctly that it will be reduced not increased.
Bro you know your onions.
God bless you bro.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Omolola81: 10:03am On Mar 27, 2018
Please what does d expiration date on visa fees mean .does it mean d 57600 can only last till 03 /04/2018
Or with effect from which date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2018
Omolola81:
Please what does d expiration date on visa fees mean .does it mean d 57600 can only last till 03 /04/2018
Or with effect from which date
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by senors(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2018
Good Morning Great People,
I would like to find out if its possible to get an appointment date before a conference date scheduled for 30th May.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello fam...
The news about increment of visa fee is false....
The truth is... It actually reduced...due to the reduction of the embassy's exchange rate.

Here's the new price
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2018
beezyblaze:
Hello fam...
The news about increment of visa fee is false....
The truth is... It actually reduced...due to the reduction of the embassy's exchange rate.

Here's the new price

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kams19(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2018
hi guys, I was denied visa yesterday march 26. in fact there were too many denials but I learnt some things. don't waste your time gathering documents for B1/B2 its not needed. then don't even have such time.

meanwhile I wish to travel to Dubai and south Africa, who will give me the link to the threads here on nairaland.

I have a virgin passport, and not married, I am sure that was the problem. meanwhile if you need more explanation and assistance from my experience mail me at nicholaskenechukwu@gmail.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2018
kams19:
hi guys, I was denied visa yesterday march 26. in fact there were too many denials but I learnt some things. don't waste your time gathering documents for B1/B2 its not needed. then don't even have such time.

meanwhile I wish to travel to Dubai and south Africa, who will give me the link to the threads here on nairaland.

I have a virgin passport, and not married, I am sure that was the problem. meanwhile if you need more explanation and assistance from my experience mail me at nicholaskenechukwu@gmail.com
Transcript please sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eluquenson(m): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2018
kams19:

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2018
carozy112:
I said it. Someone was trying to be naughty. It's very very wrong.

If feels like the Embassy had a discussion with a certain someone to set the exchange rate right. So that certain someone set a rumor in motion to rake in the last profits.

That is what I feel about this whole thing.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
eyinola:
Baba ramoo, Abeg wetin they that ur profile pix.. Lolz

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Me i looooooove all the curves and contours and succulence on a woman and i let them know it too. Im not made to have one woman, my passion runs too deep for one woman to contain. grin grin

My brother are you applying for visa too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hey i hear after i got upset about that 400naira exchange rate the other day and complained they decided to bring it down. Is this true? Me i already decided am not going and told my CE friend to come to Nigeria. We decided when she is here then i will apply for US visa and we go together to my interview so she can speak phonetics with her people and get my visa.

LadyG, i need your knowledge here o. How can our CE friend get Nigerian visa in US? She lives in Maryland. Is there a Nigerian Embassy in Maryland and what does she need to take? Im going to send her an invite letter soon. Help me my sister. Thank you, Thank you. Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
ayenikunle:

Aunty, the review is done weekly and has been there for ages...! If they review it to #110, how much will the consular exchange rate be? Standing @ #400 to $1 (hope you read that part?) makes it #64k for now... we should hope for downward review and stop broadcasting this unfounded rumour abeg!

You are the one not reading/understanding.

I posted stuffs here arguing the visa fee some days ago and some people were almost biting me here... that's about 7k reduction!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
honeyoluwatoyin:
sorry but I just have to quote your response ... its bullshit....why would she be saying value of her business when she wasn't asked.... I'm sorry but I just have to say this .. over sabi too much on this nairaland and I can bet my life some of you guys commenting can still go back there and be denied ... as for you applicant I can only advice you try again another time .... so many times your good intentions, ties back home and confidence doesn't grant you the visa . Everything is at the discretion of the consulate ... just be hopeful and pray to meet the right person ...

I would go a step further and say that asking others to "pray" to meet the right person is also bull. If everything is at the discretion of the consulate, why do you then need to pray? The only reason we have such a difficult time at the US embassy is that we cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Japanese citizens do not need to "pray" to meet the right person at a US consulate. They fly visa free.

Our problem isn't prayer or a lack of it, but a lack of character.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Good job sir, didn't bite you though.

ayenikunle:

I posted stuffs here arguing the visa fee some days ago and some people were almost biting me here... that's about 7k reduction!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Good evening again my prople. I followed a link that bridged me across to the true VO thread. I read posts there at random. I returned here and read posts here at random. I then went to a site called ustraveldocs.com to see the steps. I was shocked when I got to the visa fees, couldn't believe my eyes at what I saw. A foreign entity that provide consular service in my country uses its own independent exchange rate outside the official bank rates. This is absurd! Will the US allow Nigerian Embassy in their country use an arbitrary conversion rate outside the limits set by their central bank? Jeezus! shocked

The thing don vex me well well. I no wan apply again sef. I don tell my friend to wait after divorce finalize next month to use the money she budget for my travels and come to Nigeria. If the mountain won't come to Muhammed, Muhammed will go to the mountain.

Meanwhile, I thank you all very much for opening my eyes to what i didnt know before. I learnt lesson here. I cant beleieve that we dont even protest the insult, instead we are lining up and eager to pay more sef just so we can speak to the vo and submit our fate to him to decide. I wonder if they post a report showing rates of approval.

Does anyone know, for every 100 applicant how many are approved? Please dont give me some bullshyyte about "ties" when you respond to this question.

God Bless you all!

Hey LadyG you wasted my time making me think you are a vo. I even thought you didnt work on weekend grin
You be yeye person. Are you single? kiss grin

Saw an answer to the bolded queston?

In FY2017, a total of 332,003 US immigrant visas were refused; 218,470 of refusals (not necessarily the same ones - some might have been refusals from the prior years) were overcome in some way, usually by completing or updating the original application, and the visas were issued.

source: Quora forum by a former consular officer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ratty404(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Esooros:
Hello... Good morning... My Visa was approved on the 19 and was given a white paper on instruction how to pick it....most it be 10 working days or More?
Bro where did you go for interview ? sure you have a good travel history ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Esooros:
it's actually three working days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
simbolee:

Saw an answer to the bolded queston?

In FY2017, a total of 332,003 US immigrant visas were refused; 218,470 of refusals (not necessarily the same ones - some might have been refusals from the prior years) were overcome in some way, usually by completing or updating the original application, and the visas were issued.

source: Quora forum by a former consular officer.

Thank you my dear sister.

332,000 denials! It will be nice to know total number of new intakes for 2017 so we can get a peek into how badly US Embassy is screwing us, at 64000 naira per applicant!

The refusals alone is over 20billion naira per year. Thats just for non-immigrant. How about applications for immigrants, what does that report look like.

This is why im upset angry The refusals need to be far less than that. Nigeria ought to have a classification of "Preferred Magnet Area" for US visitors and immigrants.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
TWoods:

I would go a step further and say that asking others to "pray" to meet the right person is also bull. If everything is at the discretion of the consulate, why do you then need to pray? The only reason we have such a difficult time at the US embassy is that we cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Japanese citizens do not need to "pray" to meet the right person at a US consulate. They fly visa free.

Our problem isn't prayer or a lack of it, but a lack of character.

My brother when it comes to character Americans are worse. If our society has a good centralized database with updated info it wont be this bad. From what i read here so far, given my short acquaintance with this process, im led to believe ties to Nigeria is not a guaranteed security to rwturn home or to get visa. The issue these VOs have is cultural. I will elaborate.

I have a cousin that lived in US for many years and returned home after retirement from govt work to set up a consultancy here. He said they lost power one year during storm and the whole city went into panic mode like the world was ending.

The Americans trust mechanized syshumanand interaction more than they trust human interaction.

They place high value on instrumentation, and when it fails their reliability on human input depletes.

If we had a central database system they know will spew out information they are looking for they will have less issue with trust.

Its not our problem that we dont have a system they can interact with, we are in our native land....they need to adapt to what we have and speed our application approval process for a better andpositive outcomes.

Dont shade our character....blame the Americans for loosing touch with humanity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwadunxy: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
Please does anyone know the available interview date both in Lagos and Abuja I have a programme slated for July, any useful information is appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.