Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171944 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:34am On Mar 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

cheesy
Paddy mi, ose jare. Na me and this girl for here. Una go see photoshoot soon. grin grin
girl ke?
SMH.
OK. No wahalaa. As you want to marry oya buy our ticket for summer. For me, Seye and Bendel tongue
Coz this girl ain't cheap . smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by strangest(m): 6:39am On Mar 28, 2018
Please, is traveling to Australia and Kenya... a good traveling history? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2018
simbolee:

Yes sir,
This is the link
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics.html

This is issuances- February 2018 by Nationality
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/FEBRUARY%202018%20-%20NIV%20Issuances%20by%20Nationality%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

Whao, thanks for this... So Nigeria has one of the highest visa approvals for B1/B2... 12k for February alone... but not comparable to India (51k) and Brazil (40k) in a month shocked... quite informative...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2018
oluwadunxy:
Please does anyone know the available interview date both in Lagos and Abuja I have a programme slated for July, any useful information is appreciated
!May 16 Abuja

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2018
ayenikunle:

Whao, thanks for this... So Nigeria has one of the highest visa approvals for B1/B2... 12k for February alone... but not comparable to India (51k) and Brazil (40k) in a month shocked... quite informative...
True, but they didn't put the number of niv application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kams19(m): 9:22am On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=Ykb2k post=66217876]
If you need S.A Visa i can help you..My brother is working in S.A Embassy.

te author=kams19 post=66195541]hi guys, I was denied visa yesterday march 26. in fact there were too many denials but I learnt some things. don't waste your time gathering documents for B1/B2 its not needed. then don't even have such time.

please rite your email for me, let me contact you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zenithmarine: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2018
XtensionG:
I'm a silent reader of this blog, I went for my B1/B2 visa interview today and I was denied, actually I applied together will my mum and her visa was approved...i don't know why I was denied..i have a travel history.... I was denied by a black lady in window 5..and she said I should apply later alone because I am an adult...how soon can I apply again ?

Gurus, please I am still reading thru this section. I am 32, married, working. My elder brother is a green card holder. He will be having his graduation , may 11. And he invited dad and I. (mum has a valid US visa but she is indisposed and won't be making it. So she wasn't invited)

When I applied, I applied with dad cos we were invited together until I saw this. Are we supposed to have applied differently.? My dad is in his late 60's. Our appointment is for april

Ladyguinivere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zenithmarine: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2018
cosade:

I think this where you lost it. You should have proudly give your official email address, the VO only wanted an assurance that you work with the bank you mentioned.

Your official email address is different from your company email address but would be same domain.

fadafada@cosade-bank.com

info@cosade-bank.com

Hmmm... I work in a oil servicing coy. We are into drilling and well completion . My salary is o.k.i can defend my job as I have been working for the past 4years..

But we no get company domain email oo!!
We had one time like two years ago, but can't remember what happened. I just mailed my boss now about the official mail and he said he will he will get back to me.

Is the official mail an issue now?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:19am On Mar 28, 2018
zenithmarine:

Hmmm... I work in a oil servicing coy. We are into drilling and well completion . My salary is o.k.i can defend my job as I have been working for the past 4years..

But we no get company domain email oo!!
We had one time like two years ago, but can't remember what happened. I just mailed my boss now about the official mail and he said he will he will get back to me.

Is the official mail an issue now?
if you don't have it, then you don't. it is NOT an issue. na every office get domain?
Though most multi nationals and "big" companies do. Dosent mean that will lead to a refusal. Lack of preparation will mosdef do

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2018
strangest:
Please, is traveling to Australia and Kenya... a good traveling history? thanks
Australia very good.
In my opinion...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2018
zenithmarine:

Gurus, please I am still reading thru this section. I am 32, married, working. My elder brother is a green card holder. He will be having his graduation , may 11. And he invited dad and I. (mum has a valid US visa but she is indisposed and won't be making it. So she wasn't invited)

When I applied, I applied with dad cos we were invited together until I saw this. Are we supposed to have applied differently.? My dad is in his late 60's. Our appointment is for april

Ladyguinivere
your brother switched from F to LPR or he entered on B? Because it might fall under family ties, your father is going with you and u have a LPR brother over there. The VO will definitely ask about children. Moreover any travel experience?. I don't know how strong graduation is as purpose, concrete purpose overcome travel history. Your dad should be fine since Mum never misused her own.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zenithmarine: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2018
YankeeJJC:
your brother switched from F to LPR or he entered on B? Because it might fall under family ties, your father is going with you and u have a LPR brother over there. The VO will definitely ask about children . Moreover any travel experience?. I don't know how strong graduation is as purpose, concrete purpose overcome travel history. Your dad should be fine since Mum never misused her own.

His wife filed for him, so he went as an immigrant. He said his visa expired the day he landed in us he has a baby with his wife. I have been to UAE last year with my wife. And we have two kids now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2018
zenithmarine:

His wife filed for him, so he went as an immigrant. He said his visa expired the day he landed in us he has a baby with his wife. I have been to UAE last year with my wife. And we have two kids now
family ties is okay for me tho! Most questions will be directed to you, be prepared to convince. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

girl ke?
SMH.
OK. No wahalaa. As you want to marry oya buy our ticket for summer. For me, Seye and Bendel tongue
Coz this girl ain't cheap . smiley

I thought you were going to ask something that will break my pocket. Tell your traveling agent to email me.

What is codeword? Check your email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Alphageometrix: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=Alphageometrix post=65976762]Hi all, I had my interview on 15/03/2018. Oh! boy come see crowd,
Transcript :

Vo: good morning & how are u doing

Me : gd morning I'm doing good & u, she said good.

Vo: Passport pls

Me: Gave her the current one out of the 3 I came with.

Vo: Why are going to the US

Me: I just wanna take a holiday to New York city

Vo: What will u do they

Me: I want to use the opportunity to visit some of the world most iconic landmarks and tourist attractions (didn't finish what I was saying.)

Vo: cuts in, like where

Me: I said places like the American museum of Natural History, The Sept. 11 Memorial........

Vo: cuts in, what do u do

Me: I'm a director at xyz Ltd & we are into sales and distribution of auto spare parts both brand new ones & 2nd hand. I also sell cars as a side business.

Vo: okay how long have you been with this company

Me: 10 years and 8 months

Vo: I can see u're married

Me : Yes I've got my lovely wife and 2 lovely kids.

Vo: How old is your son

Me: Would be 3 on 2nd April & my daughter is 18 months.

Vo: they are not travelling with u

Me : No not this time.

Vo: I can see u have a friend in the US

Me:yes

Vo:where does he work

Me: Named the company but out of panic I couldn't state it as it was on the form.

Vo: okay I see u've been to the UK, Hong-Kong, Turkey

Me : yes I've been to the UK many times for holiday, Hong-Kong for business and Turkey just on a day visit due to having a 24hrs layover. (note my 5-year UK visit visa just expired last month)

Vo: can I see your previous passports

Me:Handed them to her

Vo:How many cars have u sold in the past one year

Me :surprised, I said 10 altogether

VO: Do u have any document like Bill of Lading to that effect

Me: Yes, I brought out 2 bills of Lading covering 7 vehicles

Vo: glanced at them and asked u said 10 cars

Me :Yes 7 imported from abroad and 3 bought locally

VO: thank u for the information provided, hope u don't mind me keeping the 2 bills of Lading. Brought out a white paper and circled Administrative Processing. We will contact u via email or text message as soon as we are through.

Me: No problems and thank u. (note: my 3 passports are with them). It's my first time of applying so I kind of don't know what to expect. No other document was checked.
Pls gurus in the house enlighten me on the likely outcome of the Administrative Processing.

Update on my B1/B2 visa interview.

I had my interview on 15/03/2017 and up till date I'm yet to collect my passports.
I was placed on Administrative Processing since the interview and status was showing "Administrative Processing" when I check online. However my case was updated for the first time on 23/3/2017 and the status changed to refused. I have not received any email or text message as regards the refusal till date and I have also not received any notification on when to collect my passport back.
Please Gurus in the house is this normal? If one is refused a visa will he or she receive email to that effect? And how long will it take them return the passport if one is refused? Thanking u guys in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Alphageometrix: 11:34am On Mar 28, 2018
Update on my B1/B2 visa interview.

I had my interview on 15/03/2017 and up till date I'm yet to collect my passports.
I was placed on Administrative Processing since the interview and status was showing "Administrative Processing" when I check online. However my case was updated for the first time on 23/3/2017 and the status changed to refused. I have not received any email or text message as regards the refusal till date and I have also not received any notification on when to collect my passport back.
Please Gurus in the house is this normal? If one is refused a visa will he or she receive email to that effect? And how long will it take them return the passport if one is refused? Thanking u guys in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:41am On Mar 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I thought you were going to ask something that will break my pocket. Tell your traveling agent to email me.

What is codeword? Check your email.
Email my brother and agent Seyewest. tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:44am On Mar 28, 2018
@alphageomatrix..... Bia bros u no see shorter name?!

Actually I was impressed with your interview even before you mentioned your travel history. They just wanna verify your stuff.
Try emailing them in case the vo don forget. Don't forget to update us o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Alphageometrix: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
@alphageomatrix..... Bia bros u no see shorter name?!

Actually I was impressed with your interview even before you mentioned your travel history. They just wanna verify your stuff.
Try emailing them in case the vo don forget. Don't forget to update us o
Thanks a lot Lady G for your prompt response. Let me show you the white paper given to me.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Alphageometrix: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Alphageometrix:

Thanks a lot Lady G for your prompt response. Let me show you the white paper given to me.
Nwannem Lady G don't worry I'll try to make the name shorter. I'm not supposed to contact them until after 2 months as written on the white paper. So I'm just in a fix and don't know what next to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uniquema: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
You are going for church convention and you want to lie about your marital status. God help you.
Ykb2k:
Good evening ledies and gentleman... Please I need your advice please...I apply last year as single but now I wanted to change it to married.. Which am not Married yet..because I thought that's the reason I was denied last year.last year I apply for vacation... But now am going for church convention... With invitation letter...also am above 30 years old... Should I live the single on my last profile or I should change it to marriage.. If I change it to married hope they will not ask for my marriage certificate... Please I need your reply.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwadunxy: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
ozycy:

!May 16 Abuja
Any other suggestions please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
blessingsystem:
@seyewest, @OmoBendel24

My visa has been renewed after 221g denial.Thanks guys for responding to my questions and thank God for His favor.

Hello, What was the comment under the 221g. I know someone with a 221g status
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwadunxy: 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Please does anyone know of any available interview date in Abuja or Lagos because am going for a programme by july
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by maideyz: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good day house,

Let me start my thanking the contributors to this forum. This platform has helped me to get my visa to the USA sometimes last year.I was able to gather enough information that helped me a lot, though it was on another discussion that is deliverying in the usa. i had my baby sometimes last year in usa ( i declared i was going to give birth when the visa was given) and i paid all my bills. i also have a zero balance for both hospital and doctor.My husband requested to come join me when i was in usa but was denied a visa. He now wants to apply so that we can go for a vacation at orlando with the our baby which is 8 months old. what are the possibilities of them granting my husband and also would like to know the important document and hints he must go with?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
@Alphageometrix 2017? why were u refused? Anything behind those document? Necessary dues paid? u shouldn't be refused now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
YankeeJJC:
@Alphageometrix 2017? why were u refused? Anything behind those document? Necessary dues paid? u shouldn't be refused now

Just maybe something didn't check out...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Tekecoms1:
Did anyone notice the human Trafficking prevention and female genital mutilation on the ds-160 form?
Yes. I was like kilode. Had to recheck my answers to the security questions. I guess it's the new norm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hawklan: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hello to the experts and everyone in the house, i have been a frequent reader of this forum, i hava a question for the house.
i have an existing US visa and a single father but i have a daughter i want to travel with in the summer she is 16 years just finished secondary school and i was wondering if i can go with her for her interview as an accompany. i will appreciate your comments and contributions towards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
All those answer na no lol
jayfierce:
Yes. I was like kilode. Had to recheck my answers to the security questions. I guess it's the new norm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
opeoluwa20:
All those answer na no lol
Yeah.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
hawklan:
Hello to the experts and everyone in the house, i have been a frequent reader of this forum, i hava a question for the house.
i have an existing US visa and a single father but i have a daughter i want to travel with in the summer she is 16 years just finished secondary school and i was wondering if i can go with her for her interview as an accompany. i will appreciate your comments and contributions towards.
The major challenge you have to overcome is proving paternity. A minor child traveling unaccompanied with a man is a serious red flag for child trafficking. So I guess you have to follow her for the interview with EVERY EVERY. You also have to be ready to show maternal consent and why you want to travel with her at this time .
If I were you and you feel the VO is undecided, ask for administrative processing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.