Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176358 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
1x24:

She sounds desperate? Which one of her responses makes you feel this way?

I agree she gave out too many information. she should have made it simple and clear. If there is enough time to your wedding she cand reapply and give reason why its important she is present at the event.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
1x24:
I know I’m on the wrong thread for this but please who has any pointers for an Oyinbo wife who needs a Nigerian Visa? It’s so hard to find any useful information. Do you know if there is any thread discussing such on Nairaland? Thanks a lot.

You can start the thread and sure alot info will be shared.

I dont get the kind of pointer you need but i dont think that should be a problem cos i once invited my oyinbo in-law some years ago and getting the visa from usa wasnt a problem for her i guess becos she came to nig a couple of times.

I wrote her an invite and claimed to be responsible for her during her stay, backed it up with my official documents, my bio-data page, hotel booking receipt for the duration of her stay. dats all i can remember
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

I applied with my 2 childrenJanuary this year and we were refused. My husband got his visa last year, he postponed his trip cos i was preggy then.
Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
vo-why are you going to the us
me- for tourism
Vo- have you travelled outside nigeria before now
me-yes united kingdom
vo-did you travel as a family
me- yes, but my lil one hasn't arrived then, we travelled 2015 with my 1st child
vo-oh your husband already has a visa
me-yes
vo-may i see the copy ( i gave it to him, checks his system and said oh it's recent!) Sorry apply next time.

What went wrong? My husband went on that trip alone, spent 12days as planned and came back. I applied again with my sons n our interview is next week, what are our chances? Myself n 2kids ll be Travelling with hubby for just 10days.

Note, my husband was recently promoted at work, so his income increased by over 100k (before on his ds his income was 214k, now 341k). How do i state his new income, i don't want them to think I'm lying cos of d diff with d one on his ds form as at d time he applied, though i have his promotion letter documents. I'm a business woman but i left d income part blank on my ds, hope dts not a problem since my husband is our sponsor and he's going with us. Urgent ans needed. Thanks.

I guess the VO thought that your financial capacity/economic ties is questionable and probably you are seeking for an avenue to abscond the country considering the fact that you just returned from a family trip which obviously would have cost some money, your husband just got a usa visa recently and now you and the kids wants the same to make another family trip within a short period of time to your last trip.. just my thought

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
CON13:

Thanks alot for this information.
What do you mean by contact support?? Via which means. Assist pls.
Can't I update it myself on my profile with my new confirmation ID??

Thanks a lot!

On your interview schedule portal you will find feedback or so by the list of option on the left hand side of the portal. Click on it this will take you to a page where you can state your complaint.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
1x24:
She didn’t get the visa.

I don’t have a full transcript cos she’s rather upset but it went something like:

This is very disappointing. I’m really gutted about how so many people have tricked and cheated the system over the years, and continue to do so, that now genuine and honest people keep getting falsely flagged.

let her go on vacation to UAE and then try UK again, this will help her to establish her ties then she can then try the US again. All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
CON13:

Thanks alot for this information.
What do you mean by contact support?? Via which means. Assist pls.
Can't I update it myself on my profile with my new confirmation ID??

Thanks a lot!

You can do the update yourself. Just get on the portal and click "UPDATE PROFILE" on the left hand side bars you see, update and save, you should be fine....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
ladylco:
We didn't just return. Our uk trip was 2015, the US refusal was 2017.

I guess the VO thought that your financial capacity/economic ties is questionable and probably you are seeking for an avenue to abscond the country considering the fact that you just returned from a family trip which obviously would have cost some money, your husband just got a usa visa recently and now you and the kids wants the same to make another family trip within a short period of time to your last trip.. just my thought
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

I applied with my 2 childrenJanuary this year and we were refused. My husband got his visa last year, he postponed his trip cos i was preggy then.
Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
me- for tourism
me-yes united kingdom
me- yes, but my lil one hasn't arrived then, we travelled 2015 with my 1st child
me-yes
vo-may i see the copy ( i gave it to him, checks his system and said oh it's recent!) Sorry apply next time.

What went wrong? My husband went on that trip alone, spent 12days as planned and came back. I applied again with my sons n our interview is next week, what are our chances? Myself n 2kids ll be Travelling with hubby for just 10days.

Note, my husband was recently promoted at work, so his income increased by over 100k (before on his ds his income was 214k, now 341k). How do i state his new income, i don't want them to think I'm lying cos of d diff with d one on his ds form as at d time he applied, though i have his promotion letter documents. I'm a business woman but i left d income part blank on my ds, hope dts not a problem since my husband is our sponsor and he's going with us. Urgent ans needed. Thanks.

The VO gave you reason why your visa was denied. your husband got his US visa recently and has not traveled with it, the VO concluded you all were intended immigrant and you decided to apply separately to disguise it. Now that your husband has traveled you can wait till when he is renewing and apply together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by induce: 1:47am On Nov 01, 2017
Rachie83:
That's the more reason why you need to sacrifice your time to read through this forum from part 1&2 to be more equipped about visa application process. The truth of the matter is no one knows your chances but reading through this great forum will definitely help you. There are cases where someone like same status as you have been granted visa while some with more ties like travelling experience, fat salary, family etc were not granted so do yourself a favour to read through.

Pls, where can i get the part 1 and part 2 visa process
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2017
good evening house please i need your advice, I am suppose to attend a scheduled interview last week monday but my bag I am suppose to travel with containing my laptop, passport and other credentials was stolen by the strong men on Friday night at my residence which made me to cancel the appointment because I have to get another passport....
Now my question is:1. can i be able to use the same visa fee to apply for a conference next year whenever my new passport is ready
2.Will question not arise that why the change in the address because i already filled that I intend to visit charllote for my sister's birthday before the strong burst into my apartment and the conference would be coming up in New York?
3.My travel history is on the stolen passport and i don't have copies though they have seen it on my previous application at the embassy but denied visa then ,won't their be issue concerning that
Your kind advice and response would be appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

I applied with my 2 childrenJanuary this year and we were refused. My husband got his visa last year, he postponed his trip cos i was almost due then.

Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
me- for tourism
me-yes united kingdom
me-yes

Just re-apply, you are more likely going to get the visa and be happy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Dollarpee49:
good evening house please i need your advice, I am suppose to attend a scheduled interview last week monday but my bag I am suppose to travel with containing my laptop, passport and other credentials was stolen by the strong men on Friday night at my residence which made me to cancel the appointment because I have to get another passport....
Now my question is:1. can i be able to use the same visa fee to apply for a conference next year whenever my new passport is ready
2.Will question not arise that why the change in the address because i already filled that I intend to visit charllote for my sister's birthday before the strong burst into my apartment and the conference would be coming up in New York?
3.My travel history is on the stolen passport and i don't have copies though they have seen it on my previous application at the embassy but denied visa then ,won't their be issue concerning that
Sorry. Just be honest with the whole episode. The VOs are trained to detect lies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2017
Tarry:

The VO gave you reason why your visa was denied. your husband got his US visa recently and has not traveled with it, the VO concluded you all were intended immigrant and you decided to apply separately to disguise it. Now that your husband has traveled you can wait till when he is renewing and apply together
May your wisdom never run dry.
Simple. The husband is yet to show he can be trusted and the whole family Now want to go. While I do not agree with the VO's reasoning I am of the opinion that's it. Cos recently lots of Naija families are absconding
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uniquema: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
me- for tourism
me-yes united kingdomh
me-yes

Has your husband used the visa for the first time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by StFrank2(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Hello house. I’m yet to secure appointment date for our interview. The only available date is Jan 2 which happens to be my bday also. We actually planned on travelling Dec 22 for 2weeks visit which my friend also stated in his invite and I stated it same way in our ds160 form. Is it possible I postpone and refill another form to align jan 2?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ceocrownwale247: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Lady G and Justwise thank you for all the wonderful jobs you people have been doing. I will be glad if you advice on this. I am a civil servant with monthly salary of #65000 and a potential agric business man. How can I marge both on my ds-160 form thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello everyone.

Vo- gm
Me- gm sir
me- for tourism
me-yes united kingdom
me-yes

Wrong timing spoilt this one first thing first! Well, @the bolded, though your statements in your post are somehow coming across in a contradictory manner (which makes our senior guru in the house - @LadyGuinivere - align with the view that your husband hasn't used the visa granted him as stated above by @Tarry) and it looks like a significant part of the interview transcript is missing, it seems also your husband didn't use the visa granted him appropriately. He went on a trip to the US too, came back, and you hurriedly went for an interview with the remainder of the entire family if at all I understand what it is you are communicating above, and probably with a watery purpose of travel. Wouldn't work easily like that!

The difference in his pay shouldn't be an issue as long as you can explain same clearly during your next interview. However will ask, what do you do, how much do you earn, who was to sponsor that your trip, and who is to sponsor the next one? Yes you have a travel history to the UK which of course should count for something for you, but if your husband is the designated sponsor of this trip (while you are not earning or earning reasonably), you people then may have hit a brick wall....

Don't forget each time you think and want to secure a US visa back of a family member, you too have to qualify for a visa on your own oh, especially as things are panning out lately, it will get tighter for us methinks. Just my view, Regards!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by def111(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2017
*Where is the Admin of this Thread !!!*
Today is the 1st of a new month and other thread have received their salaries, where is ours??

Lady G, Justwise and Co.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 9:42am On Nov 01, 2017
1x24:
She didn’t get the visa.

I don’t have a full transcript cos she’s rather upset but it went something like:

VO: Why are you travelling to the US?
Her: I have been invited by my brother and his wife to their traditional wedding and the blessing of their union. This is taking place at *****, close to the home of the bride in line with tradition. My brother is doing his PhD in ***** at the university of *****, hence the contact address on the application. They legally got married on September *, 2017. I am on the bridal train and she has written me a letter of invitation together with the invitation card for the wedding.
VO: What do you do for a living?
Her: I am an investment analyst working for *****.
VO: Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria?
Her: No I haven’t
VO: How long have you worked for *****?
Her: Since Feb 2015, and I’ve gained a lot of valuable experience from the transactions I’ve worked on.
VO: Are you married?
Her: No I’m single, but I have a brother and his own wife and children, and a father, in Nigeria...
VO: (interrupts) Do you have any family in the US?
Her: My brother is my only direct relative in the US, but since he is now legally married to *****, she too is my relative.
VO: (types away at the computer for a long while)
VO: I’m sorry you do not qualify for this application in line with US immigration laws.

This is very disappointing. I’m really gutted about how so many people have tricked and cheated the system over the years, and continue to do so, that now genuine and honest people keep getting falsely flagged.
Sounds tooooo desperate to me, and also was giving out toomuch information that were not necessary and looked like a staged performance, guess that was why the visa wasn't issued as she was trying to make everything a tie to/for her, Also the brothere got married when he went to the state, So the Vo thinks the lady would do same.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2017
DeeTus:
Sorry. Just be honest with the whole episode. The VOs are trained to detect lies.

This is not a lie, I honestly told the truth, kindly advice me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aDEOetREGE: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aDEOetREGE: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
Good morning house

I had my interview yesterday and it went this way

V.O: where are you going in the US
Me: xyz
V.O: what's your purpose for going into the US
Me: I'm being invited for a talk and poster presentation in ABC school
V.O: are you travelling alone or with colleagues
Me: alone
V.O: explain to me your paper and poster topic
Me: I explained basically using scientific terms, I let her know I'm not a newcomer in the field, I doubt she understands those terms but she sure knows I'm not a nobody in my field. The project will open doors to discoveries in the field and help humanity.

**got to a point, VO was sweating inside AC, trying hard to digest those terms I guess

V.O: who are your audience?
Me: Students all over the world
V.O: are you married?
Me: yes
V.O: what does your wife do?
Me: she manages my printing press
V.O: pick up your visa blablabla

NB: 1. my passport na virgin
2. Didn't use agent
3. Wasn't asked to show no document
4. Lasted 4-5mins

Lesson: I noticed basically people rejected the most were those going for shopping and unnecessary stuffs you can get any other place aside US.

If you present yourself as an individual whom they have something to gain from rather than you going there to chop from their national cake, they will accept you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dollarpee49:

This is not a lie, I honestly told the truth, kindly advice me

But he didn't say you lied na, abi? Just saying sha! This your response made me read your post again with a suspicious lenses, almost now thinking the "missing of the passport" has a purpose. Okay, bye!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
aDEOetREGE:
Good morning house

I had my interview yesterday and it went this way

V.O: where are you going in the US
Me: xyz
V.O: what's your purpose for going into the US
Me: I'm being invited for a talk and poster presentation in ABC school
V.O: are you travelling alone or with colleagues
Me: alone
V.O: explain to me your paper and poster topic
Me: I explained basically using scientific terms, I let her know I'm not a newcomer in the field, I doubt she understands those terms but she sure knows I'm not a nobody in my field. The project will open doors to discoveries in the field and help humanity.

**got to a point, VO was sweating inside AC, trying hard to digest those terms I guess

V.O: who are your audience?
Me: Students all over the world
V.O: are you married?
Me: yes
V.O: what does your wife do?
Me: she manages my printing press
V.O: pick up your visa blablabla

NB: 1. my passport na virgin
2. Didn't use agent
3. Wasn't asked to show no document
4. Lasted 4-5mins

Lesson: I noticed basically people rejected the most were those going for shopping and unnecessary stuffs you can get any other place aside US.

If you present yourself as an individual whom they have something to gain from rather than you going there to chop from their national cake, they will accept you.

Wow! Sounds to me like a no-brainer...like a walk in the park kinda...Congrat!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hmmmmm after reading this thread for like 3 weeks, i went for my visa interview today and oh boy see how people were just being denied.......or shall i say tortured. She denied all 6 person before me. The last guy´s interview before me was epic and gave me a kind of comic relief.

me walked to her smiling

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning can i have your passport please.
Me: yes please here you go.
VO: where are you going to?
Me: I am going to Atlanta Georgia
VO: What are you going for?
Me: Going for christmas vacation.
VO: what do you do?
Me: I do xyz and i do qpr on the side.
VO: How come you speak spanish?
Me: I told her where .
VO: Are you travelling alone?
Me: Yes I am
VO: are you married?
Me: No but hopefully next year by God´s grace.
VO: Do you have any romantic interest in America?
Me: No (shaking my head)
VO: I am approving your visa.
Me: Thank you.
VO: Your visa will be ready in 3 days, please pick it up from (she marks it on the white paper)

Be honest, be confident, no need to gather documents they told me they wont need any other documents for the visa interview.

DON'T LIE. thats key,.

Some Nigerians go there without knowing what you are going to America for. The Visa officers get frustrated with things like that. One man filled last month that he had 4 kids, on this application, he filled he has 2 kids and when the VO asked what happened to the other 2 children, he said he didn´t know. I just bursted out laughing.

Never be tempted to overstay any country's visa. It's never a good idea to be an illegal immigrant. I can tell you that for free.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
uniquema:
Has your husband used the visa for the first time?

No. The first time we applied, he hasn't used it. After me n my kids were refused, he went on the trip alone. Spent 12days and came back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
A big kudos to the brains behind this thread, God bless you.
My brother is planning to invite and sponsor my family over to the US for the Christmas holiday. I and my 2 boy just did our passports yesterday while hubby renewed his own, he attempted to travel to d UK in 2009 but was denied, now the passport officer said d old passport number will be on the new one, now my questions are:
1. What is the implication of the new passport having the old number having in mind dt he was refused UK visa on d old one?
2. My husband would not be traveling with us, we just think we sld get the visa as a family, what's the implication of this?
3. Should the invitation letter include my hubby since we won't be traveling at the same time?
4. When my husband is ready to travel, will he need another letter?
5. Should the vo be informed that hubby won't be traveling at the same time with us?
Thanks for your responses
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Wrong timing spoilt this one first thing first! Well, @the bolded, though your statements in your post are somehow coming across in a contradictory manner (which makes our senior guru in the house - @LadyGuinivere - align with the view that your husband hasn't used the visa granted him as stated above by @Tarry) and it looks like a significant part of the interview transcript is missing, it seems also your husband didn't use the visa granted him appropriately. He went on a trip to the US too, came back, and you hurriedly went for an interview with the remainder of the entire family if at all I understand what it is you are communicating above, and probably with a watery purpose of travel. Wouldn't work easily like that!

The difference in his pay shouldn't be an issue as long as you can explain same clearly during your next interview. However will ask, what do you do, how much do you earn, who was to sponsor that your trip, and who is to sponsor the next one? Yes you have a travel history to the UK which of course should count for something for you, but if your husband is the designated sponsor of this trip (while you are not earning or earning reasonably), you people then may have hit a brick wall....

Don't forget each time you think and want to secure a US visa back of a family member, you too have to qualify for a visa on your own oh, especially as things are panning out lately, it will get tighter for us methinks. Just my view, Regards!

Thank you for ur contribution however, you don't understand me. I'll just summarize it now. My husband got his visa last year, i didn't apply with him cos i was heavily preggy then and obviously won't be granted a visa. We decided wen i put to bed, we'll apply for mine and go for vacation. Unfortunately when i applied with our kids, we were refused cos d vo said my husband's visa is recent (he hasn't travelled with it). This was january. My husband proceeded to d US february, spent 12days and returned. Now our next interview is next week. I just wanna know our chances and if not filling my income on my ds form is a problem. My husband is our sponsor and he's going with us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
TRAVEL ALERT: EMBASSY OF NAIRALAND
PLEASE BE ON ALERT, THE US JUST EXPERIENCED A TERRORIST ATTACK (THE TERRORIST USED A TRUCK/VAN). IF YOU SEE A CAR TAKING A PATH THAT IS UNUSUAL PLEASE FIND THE NEAREST SAFE SPACE, UNTIL IT IS SAFE AND CONTINUE YOUR ACTIVITY.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dollarpee49:

Sorry about the incident... Do you know that your first port of call is the police station and after that inform the embassy about the unfortunate incident... there's little we can do here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Simple. The husband is yet to show he can be trusted and the whole family Now want to go. While I do not agree with the VO's reasoning I am of the opinion that's it. Cos recently lots of Naija families are absconding
Yes ooo they're running.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Lol!!! We know right? cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.