Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171715 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nubiang(f): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
VO: Passports please...
Me: I passed him our passports...four in all, placing mine and spouse's on top.
VO: Opens my passport to check the Visas and stamps...did same for Madam's...
VO: Why are you going to Virginia?
Me: No, we are not going to Virginia but Washington...our hotel is in Virginia...it's within close proximity to Washington DC.
VO: Why Washington again?
Me: The last time we were there, we had to cut short our vacation because of my office commitments...So we decided to visit again for about two weeks with the kids...
VO: You work with xyz company?
Me: Yes...I was wearing a branded T Shirt with the company logo...
VO: How long...
Me: 12 and half years...
VO: Any more kids?
Me: We have only these two...
VO: Begins to type continuously on his PC...
VO: Your visas have been approved...Pick it up...bla bla bla...hands out the white paper...
Me and Family: Thank you...
Last daughter: Is he not going to return our passports...
Me: Not yet...he needs to put the visas on it...
All: Walking out...see you again in the next two years...

[Congratulations, but pls im confused, seems you did renewal, why didn't you use the Dropbox option]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bodejohn(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
nubiang:

VO: Passports please...
Me: I passed him our passports...four in all, placing mine and spouse's on top.
VO: Opens my passport to check the Visas and stamps...did same for Madam's...
VO: Why are you going to Virginia?
Me: No, we are not going to Virginia but Washington...our hotel is in Virginia...it's within close proximity to Washington DC.
VO: Why Washington again?
Me: The last time we were there, we had to cut short our vacation because of my office commitments...So we decided to visit again for about two weeks with the kids...
VO: You work with xyz company?
Me: Yes...I was wearing a branded T Shirt with the company logo...
VO: How long...
Me: 12 and half years...
VO: Any more kids?
Me: We have only these two...
VO: Begins to type continuously on his PC...
VO: Your visas have been approved...Pick it up...bla bla bla...hands out the white paper...
Me and Family: Thank you...
Last daughter: Is he not going to return our passports...
Me: Not yet...he needs to put the visas on it...
All: Walking out...see you again in the next two years...

[Congratulations, but pls im confused, seems you did renewal, why didn't you use the Dropbox option]

My girls are apply for the first time...and they are under 14 years...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bodejohn(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
doyinwbaby:

max u can buy is 3 for economy. and its about 340k per person if you are going in march 2018

Their website displays dollars...what's the conversion rate? I can buy 3 for family members and get mine separately...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladyprosper: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pls is there any way to get earlier date....checked the us website and first appointment date is January 8, 2018....I need reply, my family and I will like to travel this Xmas
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
bodejohn:

The girls will still be under 14years...

It doesnt matter, I just renewed my niece's and nephews 2nd usa visa via dropbox with their mum, the oldest is my niece who is just 13 years only, just that she was called for interview. I had earlier told their mum that its not a problem that probably they were recalled for interview because of the youngest child because for finger print (i taught as much; i was almost right) because I had a lot of challenge uploading his passport photo so i assumed that might be the issue moreso he was still very young when they had their 1st visas.

Although, two days after the application when I was tracking the status on their portal it stated schedule interview so I went ahead to schedule the interview, then i went on the 3rd day to pick up their passport but was told that only the girl and her mum's was ready that I could pick those up then come back by the 5th day for the boys but because I had just a copy of the signed proxy letter and I didnt have the time to go get another signed one, I decided to return the following week to pickup all the passports together.

Their mum and the boys were all granted 2years visa but there was a slip in my niece's her passport requesting for interview schedule and a small sticker note was pasted on her passport with FP written on it. The mum took her for the interview and all they did was get her finger print and asked her if she enjoyed her last trip and the mum was asked to pick up her passport in 3 days time at muri okunola.

That's it, not a probs at all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello house, My interview is next week but i have some questions for a friend dt just got her visa. She stated while filling d DS 160 form dt she would be traveling on d 23rd of December and also with her mom. But now, one thing has led to another and she won't be able to travel on dt 23rd, now postponed till next year and also her mom won't be traveling with her again due to some health complications. Please my friend would like to know if these two issues won't be a problem at the point of entry over there when she finally travels to usa, texas to be precise. Please answer. Thanks much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
Empressjcw:
Hello house, My interview is next week but i have some questions for a friend dt just got her visa. She stated while filling d DS 160 form dt she would be traveling on d 23rd of December and also with her mom. But now, one thing has led to another and she won't be able to travel on dt 23rd, now postponed till next year and also her mom won't be traveling with her again due to some health complications. Please my friend would like to know if these two issues won't be a problem at the point of entry over there when she finally travels to usa, texas to be precise. Please answer. Thanks much.

Not at all, plans can change be ready to explain why both of u are not travelling whenever any/either of you get to POE.

Wish you success in your interview.
All the best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good day people a friend of mine filled a family visa but did not attach picture and has gone ahead to get a date for Nov 6 what can he do to amend the situation or can he still go ahead with d interview for the 6th plz he needs assistance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nigeriainfo: 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
doyinwbaby:

max u can buy is 3 for economy. and its about 340k per person if you are going in march 2018
I am interested to buy 2. anyone interested should let me know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2017
Laaffound:
Good day people a friend of mine filled a family visa but did not attach picture and has gone ahead to get a date for Nov 6 what can he do to amend the situation or can he still go ahead with d interview for the 6th plz he needs assistance

he will not be allowed for the interview, fill another ds160 form an amend it on your interview schedule portal, by contacting 'support' on the portal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hpmrentals: 4:03am On Nov 04, 2017
ladylco:

he will not be allowed for the interview, fill another ds160 form an amend it on your interview schedule portal, by contacting 'support' on the portal

Pls what wrong have i done to USA embassy in Nigeria? They have refused my application for 8 times with same reason same law 214b. Since 2011 till date. I do not know what else to do to
eradicate their issue and do not know theor issue with. Pls who can help with better advice? Been to UK and several other countries
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 4:54am On Nov 04, 2017
hpmrentals:

Pls what wrong have i done to USA embassy in Nigeria? They have refused my application for 8 times with same reason same law 214b. Since 2011 till date. I do not know what else to do to
eradicate their issue and do not know theor issue with. Pls who can help with better advice? Been to UK and several other countries

State all your transcript and details filled on all your application form here to enable you get the necessary assistance and stop pasting vague reques, no one here is a spirit that reads minds. How can you be helped when you are not stating adequate information?

Na only you know wetin you do USA embassy

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cryptolady: 6:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Good morning house

Lady G I need your help with this one
I'm so confused right now
I went for my interview yesterday but it didn't go well
This is my second interview
I asked the VO reason for denial and he confirmed my IV was fake
He said I can apply again but I'd have to explain the fake invite
Apparently our HR did not pay for the conference I'm supposed to attend and generated a fake IV he's currently on leave/on the run.(investigation is on-going).
I and two of my other colleagues were denied UK visas for a training last year because of his negligence
I have also lost out on a contract because of this same guy.
This man is trying to bring me down(He can't succeed)
Pls I need your advice on how to handle future applications although I don't intend applying anytime soon.
How do I put my integrity back in check for future applications with the U.S embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 6:43am On Nov 04, 2017
ladylco:

. Hope he will not be made to pay another fee and date will definitely change I guess
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2017
Laaffound:
. Hope he will not be made to pay another fee and date will definitely change I guess

i doubt
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2017
ladylco:

Not at all, plans can change be ready to explain why both of u are not travelling whenever any/either of you get to POE.

Wish you success in your interview.
All the best!
Okay thank u so much ladylco
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Roses1(f): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Hi everyone, pls I need a lil help. My sister applied for a us visa with her 5years old daughter, but the agent who help them to fill the form told them that they don't need to fill in the child details, that it will be done at the embassy. So when they got to the interview she leaned that even a day old must have their own appointment letter. Anyways, they wrote tb on her document (daughter's own), my sister went in and got her own visa. Now they have reapplied for the child, without having to pay another fees, same fees was stil valid. But the thing is, i dnt understand what that tb means, plus, Will they let her accompany her baby in for the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Laaffound: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2017
I have a family visa that expires early next year and I want to know how soon we can apply for renewal. It will actually expire in about 4 months from now and we wish to renew ao soon do we do that . Thank you house for ever correct and timely responses
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2017
Laaffound:
I have a family visa that expires early next year and I want to know how soon we can apply for renewal. It will actually expire in about 4 months from now and we wish to renew ao soon do we do that . Thank you house for ever correct and timely responses

Yoy can even apply a few weeks before it expired or same day it expires.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Cryptolady:
Good morning house

Apparently our HR did not pay for the conference I'm supposed to attend and generated a fake IV he's currently on leave/on the run.(investigation is on-going).
I and two of my other colleagues were denied UK visas for a training last year because of his negligence
Pls I need your advice on how to handle future applications although I don't intend applying anytime soon.
How do I put my integrity back in check for future applications with the U.S embassy

What kind of organisation do you work for. Your HR messed up your UK application, nkthing was said or done to him.

They gave you a fake invitation without payment to the organising Body, you didn't check to be sure knowing you are on the list of the inviting organisation. Yet u went to the embassy/consulate. Knowing that whatever happens there doesn't affect your organisation or the HR guy but u.

You lost a contract becaise of this same person yet the company still see the need to keep him.

I'm sorry but I'm not believing your story.

What you can do:

Get a letter from your company, detailing the error in judgement and the oversight. Send it to the embassy plus a personal letter from you.. way before your next application. And make sure you are giving accurate information in your next application and mention that u were denied and had written a letter stating what went wrong at the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cryptolady: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2017
coldsummer:

What kind of organisation do you work for. Your HR messed up your UK application, nkthing was said or done to him.

They gave you a fake invitation without payment to the organising Body, you didn't check to be sure knowing you are on the list of the inviting organisation. Yet u went to the embassy/consulate. Knowing that whatever happens there doesn't affect your organisation or the HR guy but u.

You lost a contract becaise of this same person yet the company still see the need to keep him.

I'm sorry but I'm not believing your story.

What you can do:

Get a letter from your company, detailing the error in judgement and the oversight. Send it to the embassy plus a personal letter from you.. way before your next application. And make sure you are giving accurate information in your next application and mention that u were denied and had written a letter stating what went wrong at the interview.

Thanks so much
I'll take your advice
The guy is related to my M.D and he feels he can get away with anything.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:03am On Nov 04, 2017
hpmrentals:

apart from UK which other several countries?
May they've banned you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Cryptolady:
Good morning house

Too bad but the man is not the one going for the interview why is it hard for you to verify everything before going for the interview.
I find it somehow hard to believe because if you work with a big firm the payment of the conference will be done with Accounting section not HRM.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Roses1:
Hi everyone, pls I need a lil help. My sister applied for a us visa with her 5years old daughter, but the agent who help them to fill the form told them that they don't need to fill in the child details, that it will be done at the embassy. So when they got to the interview she leaned that even a day old must have their own appointment letter. Anyways, they wrote tb on her document (daughter's own), my sister went in and got her own visa. Now they have reapplied for the child, without having to pay another fees, same fees was stil valid. But the thing is, i dnt understand what that tb means, plus, Will they let her accompany her baby in for the interview?

TB means Turn back and they will allow her mom accompany her in for the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cryptolady: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2017
seyewest:

Too bad but the man is not the one going for the interview why is it hard for you to verify everything before going for the interview.
I find it somehow hard to believe because if you work with a big firm the payment of the conference will be done with Accounting section not HRM.

My brother we are not a fortune 500
I didn't meet an accountant when I joined the company.
The M.D pays salaries directly, I heard the last accountant was sacked because of fraud.
I was informed by the M.D about the conference that I would be going for networking purposes because I met my target this year.
My pay is good and I get my commissions.
The guy in question is HR/Admin so he handles travelling/cost related matters.

I'm just weak at the moment
Can't begin to go into details of office politics
Thanks for your input/advice I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ethnicgirl: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2017
@nigerian info I am interested in the Qatar promo.lets discuss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adamsnichka: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2017
Good day all. I want to apply for US visa, ( tourist/vacation). My uncle Nd myself will be the sponsor for this trip. I ve a son ( almost 2 yrs ) Nd husband, but they won't be going with me . I am a doctor, I ve been to Iceland, dubai twice. I ve been refused U.K. Visa 3times/ Spanish visa once.
I would like to know d possibility of me getting the visa. Thanks in advance for ur candid advice. And I also spent almost 10 years studying in an Eastern European country, came back immediately I finished my studies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Cryptolady:
Good morning house

This looks a little/private firm, else things like this shouldn't be coming up at all, if it's a big organization
But on the other hand you are the one going for the interview, if he had made you not to be approved for UK visas with your colleague, that should have rang a bell of alarm

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Roses1(f): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
seyewest:

TB means Turn back and they will allow her mom accompany her in for the interview.

Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
Adamsnichka:
Good day all. I want to apply for US visa, ( tourist/vacation). My uncle Nd myself will be the sponsor for this trip. I ve a son ( almost 2 yrs ) Nd husband, but they won't be going with me . I am a doctor, I ve been to Iceland, dubai twice. I ve been refused U.K. Visa 3times/ Spanish visa once.
I would like to know d possibility of me getting the visa. Thanks in advance for ur candid advice. And I also spent almost 10 years studying in an Eastern European country, came back immediately I finished my studies.
Applying together as a family would improve your case more.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TTPEACE: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
please one of my kid was turn back(TB) because the barcode on the Ds 160 confirmation is different from the barcode on the appointment. i booked a joint appointment for the two. one of them got interviewed and was given(barcode was ok). but i want to reschedule appointment for the second on. please how can i go about it and to make sure the barcode are the same using the same payment receipt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.