Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171458 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 3:29pm On May 18, 2018
Let her reapply and book appointment. Just invite her and let her hubby be her tie bk home.let her work on her work tie.
Iyayoyo:

Thanks once again so do you think it’s cool
For her to re apply and book an appointment for August and September? Alone or I should just invite her and her husband?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2018
Because of insufficient ties. She can write insufficient ties or that the consulate officer was not satisfied with my ties .
Iyayoyo:
Thanks once again so what do you advice she do with the reason she was denied . Undisclosed reason or what do suggest she put as the reason why she was denied in the first place ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2018
She was denial bc of insufficient ties. She can write that the consulate officer or visa officer was not satisfied with my ties. She can also add jara to it, like I believe my circumstances has improved, I have a well settled biz and I av build my career. Incase there is increased in salary add. But if there is no any changes let her just write insufficient ties.
Iyayoyo:
Thanks once again so what do you advice she do with the reason she was denied . Undisclosed reason or what do suggest she put as the reason why she was denied in the first place ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 4:10pm On May 18, 2018
boladet:
Hello all please I need an urgent reply , I have been given a visa with my hubby and two kids to the US, however I will be travelling alone , as kids are in school and hubby has to be at work. I have even bought my ticket already .the issue is a Lawyer friend of mine has advised me that on no account should I travel alone if not my visa will be revoked that I should make sure I go with my hubby , he also said alot of visas are being revoked both at poe and transit please can someone confirm this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2018
I need to ask u some questions ps
How old are y parent?
Are they working or retired?
Is it y uncle that will sponsor them?
Their strong tie are their kids, stable job or business.
Only your mum and dad should reapply. If it is your uncle sponsoring them, they have to get all informations from him, how he got to USA, how long he has bin staying there, when last they av seen each others, what he does in USA etc.
rdchk:

Thanks so much for your advice, how can they provide new evidence of strong ties? Do you mean mom and dad should reapply and provide strong evidence? I don't really understand that part please. My uncle said maybe they can tell him what they need to do for the visa to be granted.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Ah! Time still boku for you na. Prepare plenty.... Meanwhile, hope you no contradict yourself between the Canada and US application sha? The refusal in itself no get wahala, but contradictions discovered fit bring in K-Leg.

Really? Will they see what i filled in my canada appliction? @Omobendel24
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by rdchk: 4:49pm On May 18, 2018
monchat:
I need to ask u some questions ps
How old are y parent?
Are they working or retired?
Is it y uncle that will sponsor them?
Their strong tie are their kids, stable job or business.
Only your mum and dad should reapply. If it is your uncle sponsoring them, they have to get all informations from him, how he got to USA, how long he has bin staying there, when last they av seen each others, what he does in USA etc.

They are 66yrs and 54yrs
Dad own a real estate company and make good amount of money monthly and mom have a beverages store.
3 kids but travelling with 2
Dad wants to sponsor but uncle said he wouldn't mind sponsoring too but for now dad is the sponsor
He won a visa lottery 18 years ago and he works with a reputable company with good pay in the US. They have all the necessary information which they went with to the interview but the VO didn't check any of the document except their passports.
This February when he came home and he is presently in Nigeria.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teasty234: 6:53pm On May 18, 2018
Pls i need ur advice pls what so u suggest. My sis was refused august last year. Which one should she click on.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:10pm On May 18, 2018
teasty234:
Pls i need ur advice pls what so u suggest. My sis was refused august last year. Which one should she click on.

I will tick regular
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teasty234: 10:36pm On May 18, 2018
ayenikunle:

I will tick regular

Ok thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2018
That is fine. Y parent should apply alone and let y dad be de sponsor. With all the informations given by y uncle they are good to go.
rdchk:

They are 66yrs and 54yrs
Dad own a real estate company and make good amount of money monthly and mom have a beverages store.
3 kids but travelling with 2
Dad wants to sponsor but uncle said he wouldn't mind sponsoring too but for now dad is the sponsor
He won a visa lottery 18 years ago and he works with a reputable company with good pay in the US. They have all the necessary information which they went with to the interview but the VO didn't check any of the document except their passports.
This February when he came home and he is presently in Nigeria.

Thanks for your reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boye123: 1:07am On May 19, 2018
i disagree with you. i applied with a virgin passport and my visa got approved.
sihamey:

They don't want to hear No on that bolded
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 6:59am On May 19, 2018
Hubby -a jerk, no kids => profile of an intending immigrant.
Let her build a strong economic tie here in Nigeria plus a good travel history.
I can almost swear it though that you simply want to assist your family friend to escape from this our naija. But if truly her intentions are purely tourism, she could visit the UK or any other European country to have more travel experiences

Iyayoyo:
Good day all. So I sent an invitation to a family friend in Nigeria but she got denied twice on the basis of not having close ties . Is it because she is going to the interview herself without her husband or what? Cos on both occasions the Vo asked if she got kids with her husband that they have been married For three years but she said No. the issue is her husband is a busy jerk that don’t even have a passport the lady has been to Dubai prior to her first refusal before she reapplied . Any tip on what she can do. Does it make sense for her to answer yes the next they ask if she got kids?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by rdchk: 9:44am On May 19, 2018
monchat:
That is fine. Y parent should apply alone and let y dad be de sponsor. With all the informations given by y uncle they are good to go.

Is there a specific time that they can reapply again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2018
3. You can just put "denied due to 241b." since you are not told the reason.
monchat:
Because of insufficient ties. She can write insufficient ties or that the consulate officer was not satisfied with my ties .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2018
They can apply at any time but I will advice for them to apply after six month. With that they can be fully prepared.
rdchk:

Is there a specific time that they can reapply again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2018
boladet:
Hello all please I need an urgent reply , I have been given a visa with my hubby and two kids to the US, however I will be travelling alone , as kids are in school and hubby has to be at work. I have even bought my ticket already .the issue is a Lawyer friend of mine has advised me that on no account should I travel alone if not my visa will be revoked that I should make sure I go with my hubby , he also said alot of visas are being revoked both at poe and transit please can someone confirm this
I think it all depends on the reason. What was the purpose for travel that you gave during the visa interview.

I will advice you go with a copy of their visa and passport just in case, and have a very good reason why you have decided to travel now and not wait till when schools will be out of session

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 2:14pm On May 19, 2018
Pls help ds160 page won't load on my PC, must I do hotel reservations before filling my form, will I need to fill the address in?

As an Ijebu woman wey I be, the organization I work with agreed to staying in the hotel recommended by the organisers of the conference ,which to me seems too expensive (my firm is paying for 3days) but I'll be in the US for 8days, the 3days payment of the recommended hotel can cover my 8days hotel bill in another less expensive hotel.
Can I change that on getting there or before I leave ? I don't want to make any mistakes as I have been looking forward to be sent on this mission for years.

Lastly pls put me through the. Process of securing an appointment after completing my ds160 form.
Thank you.

CC seyewest

Cc ladyg

Cc babaramota

Cc every other gurus in the house.

BTW can I still get a date in August?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 5:14pm On May 19, 2018
Bisolanio:
Pls help ds160 page won't load on my PC, must I do hotel reservations before filling my form, will I need to fill the address in?

Find a PC or browser that can load DS160. Without it, you can't apply. You may not need to do the hotel reservations, but you need to know the hotel address. If you have already made travel arrangements, the way to make sure the hotel will keep rooms for you, is to make a reservation.

Bisolanio:

Can I change that on getting there or before I leave ?

If you change, be ready to offer a good explanation at the POE. But wait, it seems you are asking us whether it is okay to lie on the form? The answer is no. You can fill your intended hotel (where you plan to stay) in the form. The hotel you fill in the Form/Interview, needs to make sense with your planned itinerary. When you fill address in/for the Landing Card/POE: it needs to be valid (CBP can call to confirm you are expected). and it should make sense with your itinerary.

Bisolanio:

Lastly pls put me through the. Process of securing an appointment after completing my ds160 form.
Thank you.

This is a DIY thread. You can start by reading the steps as described in page one of this thread, or of the first two parts.

Bisolanio:

BTW can I still get a date in August?

Yes. But you can only get dates by trying.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 5:21pm On May 19, 2018
[quote author=boladet post=67670357][/quote]

If you are frequent traveler, you know. Plus you should have a valid reason, especially if you stated you would be travelling together in your form/interview.

If it is your first trip outside Africa, better to follow the plan in your DS160/Interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neot77(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2018
gd afternoon all, my intended date to travel is August and there's no more date for interview before the said date and I've already submitted my application. What can I do pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 5:37pm On May 19, 2018
Neot77:
gd afternoon all, my intended date to travel is August and there's no more date for interview before the said date and I've already submitted my application. What can I do pls?

Study the thread. Several instances similar to yours appear.
What you can do depends on what you are travelling for.
If it is for a conference, travel date is fixed. You can keep checking for an earlier interview date (and use up your one free date change) or you can see whether you can switch to future conference (and edit/re-submit your form accordingly).

If it is for holidays, depends on what you do, where you work, travel history, how you can explain whether visa is still relevant beyond the August date in your form (if you don't swap to an updated form)...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 7:13pm On May 19, 2018
Hi thanks for your response our reason for travelling was vacation tourism.and this is the only leave I have for the year I can't reschedule at my place of work. author=Pesuzok post=67691360]
I think it all depends on the reason. What was the purpose for travel that you gave during the visa interview.

I will advice you go with a copy of their visa and passport just in case, and have a very good reason why you have decided to travel now and not wait till when schools will be out of session [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Denzscatter: 7:31pm On May 19, 2018
Hello House,

I was denied previously because I couldn't back up the 3countries I listed as travel history, I told the Vo I was mugged and in the process my passport was stolen-That passport is expired already and I'm using a new one which I used to apply.
I'm about to apply again kindly advise me on how I can correct this blunder in my next application.

Will an affidavit work for me?

Plssssss ooo!
Cc:ladyguinivere Seyewest monchat justwise cosade OmoBendel24
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 8:46pm On May 19, 2018
Denzscatter:
Hello House,

I was denied previously because I couldn't back up the 3countries I listed as travel history, I told the Vo I was mugged and in the process my passport was stolen-That passport is expired already and I'm using a new one which I used to apply.
I'm about to apply again kindly advise me on how I can correct this blunder in my next application.

Plssssss ooo!
You can post your transcripts from your previous refusal so that the gurus can help you point out certain things that you may not have seen.
Affidavit will do nothing for you. Depending on where, how, and when you traveled, there should be documentation of your travel with the Nigerian Immigration. Which can be accessed by the US Embassy.
What countries did you travel to and what is this blunder that you speak of.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 8:55pm On May 19, 2018
Please house i think i just made a mistake when booking my appointment, after filling the form to create a new account, my old account email came up and i was ask to link both account together, but since i was not the one that filled my first visa application i could not have access to the old email hence i choose to use the new one, i was ask to upload my passport which i did but, all i get is that an email will be sent to me, am yet to get any email.....please house help me cos am confused and i do not no what to do......

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:09pm On May 19, 2018
Victory1989:
Please house i think i just made a mistake when booking my appointment, after filling the form to create a new account, my old account email came up and i was ask to link both account together, but since i was not the one that filled my first visa application i could not have access to the old email hence i choose to use the new one, i was ask to upload my passport which i did but, all i get is that an email will be sent to me, am yet to get any email.....please house help me cos am confused and i do not no what to do......

Call them or do them a mail (either through the feedback mechanism on your profile or through their official email, source for it if you don't have it) to use your own mail that you have access to for your profile. They should be able to sort you out in a couple of days.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks , but can any one help me with their direct phone number or email address as regards appointment book, cos i need to book my appointment before the date of my seminar come and go, i have payed the bank fees
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks alot
OmoBendel24:

Call them or do them a mail (either through the feedback mechanism on your profile or through their official email, source for it if you don't have it) to use your own mail that you have access to for your profile. They should be able to sort you out in a couple of days.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks alot , but can any one help me with their direct phone number or email address as regards appointment book, cos i need to book my appointment before the date of my seminar come and go, i have payed the bank fees
OmoBendel24:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:19pm On May 19, 2018
Denzscatter:
Hello House,

Plssssss ooo!

Solve the bolded solve the bulk of your challenges for starters. The story surrounding your passport and travel history isn't plausible.... Did you attend your last interview having that passport with you and the history in them? Cutting this short in righteousness, I will ask you to avoid them if the history isn't correct and you insist on not coming out straight. Regards

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2018
Please house does any one has solution to this issue? Please am so confused it been hours now and i can not book an appointment, i have uploaded my international passport but yet not solution because asking me to upload after saying successfully uploaded ..please I need the house advise

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.