Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170988 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was bounced o. Naija is a shithole. See blue paper flying up and down. White paper was given to the old folks and very few couples. Avoid the mean faced lady in row 2. She no get joy. Transcript below: Where did I go wrong now?
Pele. Are you sure they did not read your thread on leaving Nigeria while you can and decided that you are a flight risk?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Pele. Are you sure they did not read your thread on leaving Nigeria while you can and decided that you are a flight risk?

Lmao
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Pipedreams:

Lmao
You are a suspect cheesy

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
You are a suspect cheesy

US should fuc*k off. ill holiday in the UK instead.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:

Can this truly happen? I know that they do check phones and access social media like facebook using real names especially if you are made to wait at the border by immigration but I will be surprised if they are able to link his moniker with the real person, it will be nice to know how this is even possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2018
OtunOba15:
Nigerians on the Move

Lol Indians are moving more. Funny thing is Canadians are also moving out of their country, meaning the country might soon become majority Indian

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was bounced o. Naija is a shithole. See blue paper flying up and down. White paper was given to the old folks and very few couples. Avoid the mean faced lady in row 2. She no get joy. Transcript below:

Vo: good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: where are you going?
Me: Atlanta georgia
Vo: why are you going?
Me: vacation
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a banker
Vo: what's your position in Xx bank?
Me: Assistant banking officer
Vo: have you travelled out of naija before?
Me: yes. UK
Vo: when was this?
Me: 2011
Vo: how long did you stay
Me: 2weeks
Vo: was it a vacation trip?
Me: yes
Vo: how long do u intend staying in the US
Me: 10days
Vo: Are you married?
Me: Yes
Vo: do u have kids?
Me: No but my wife is 2months gone.
Vo: are you going alone
Vo: does your wife has a US visa?
Me: No.

Sorry your not qualified at this time. angry Where did I go wrong now?

It seems the issue here is travel history. You've not travelled since 2011
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2018
We called Indian ppl In United Kingdom Second Britico they many die for Uk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 10:38am On Jun 15, 2018
travelland:

Can this truly happen? I know that they do check phones and access social media like facebook using real names especially if you are made to wait at the border by immigration but I will be surprised if they are able to link his moniker with the real person, it will be nice to know how this is even possible
I watch a lot of sci-fi and detective series. I could theorize one or two ways to do this but in the end it remains just that. A theory.

Note that I was just teasing pipe.dreams.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2018
jj17cv:
We called Indian ppl In United Kingdom Second Britico they many die for Uk

We are learners when compared to them grin and they still have to go through worse screening than we do here

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
I watch a lot of sci-fi and detective series. I could theorize one or two ways to do this but in the end it remains just that. A theory.

Note that I was just teasing pipe.dreams.

Haha ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fejoks: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2018
abujaniv:
I will stick by what we have written here repeatedly: the "change of intent" letter is not a valid procedure. What matters is what the applicant declares in their application and interview, and then again at the port of entry. No matter how many times we say this, we will still be flooded with these letters. And they will all be deleted without any change or edit to the applicants' files.

It is true that the B1/B2 visa is valid for childbirth and other medical tourism. That said, if Customs and Border Patrol determine at the POE that the applicant misconstrued their purpose of travel, that they can not afford their medical care or are in any other way ineligible, the traveler will be barred from entry and sent home. This must be a miserable experience. That is why we recommend that applicants come in for another interview to specifically declare birth intent. No, it is not required, and yes, it will cost another $160. But compared to the extreme cost and inconvenience of being turned around at the POE, it is a small price to pay.

Pease vo I want to apply and I don't know what to fill on my marital status I have a lady that I intend getting married to and we have been living together since 2014 and we also have a son who is also four years now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dammi(f): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
Got my visa. Thanks everyone

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acube2:
Wow! Please post your transcript.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarrONLS: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
Congratulations @Acube2 please post your transcript as I will want to learn one or two things. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acube2:

Congrats grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
As I previously posted before. I was accepted into a fellowship by Us based NGO. The fellowship/volunteer is in Kenya and Uganda. But there is a mandatory training at San Francisco. Just 5 days.
My host company, the NGO contacted them to expedite my visa interview, so my interview was scheduled within a week.
The interview below:

Vo: how are u
Me: fine and u?
Vo: am fine thanks
Vo: what are u going to the US for
Me: I have a trainining in San Francisco.
As a prerequisite to a fellowship with xyz ngo in Kenya and Uganda. 3 months in Uganda and 3 months in kenya
Vo: have u ever traveled out of Nigeria b4
Me: No
Vo: do u have anything document from xyz
Me: a lot(hands him the docs) offer letter and letter of support.
Vo: (reads the support letter thoroughly) looks at the offer letter and said its much, he is gonna go thru it later.
Vo: are u married?
Vo: is she going with u?
Me: no
Vo: any kid
Vo: (looks at the system), so are u resigning from yr present employer(mentioned the name)
Me: no, I have a verbal agreement with them to come back since the business is similar with d fellowship.
Vo: ok
(type for a while and told he is gonna read the offer letter later and get back to me. He said he is gonna pend my application. Gives me a white paper and Mark administrative processing)
Me: OK, thank u.

Vo: do u have any more doc that might support yr case.
Me: yes, hands me more docs.
Vo: we might try to confirm yr docs, hope they would confirm its from them.
Me: that's totally fine.
Vo: we wld get back to u in the nearest future
Me: Thank u
Vo: enjoy the rest of ur day.
My passport still with them.

I was afraid but ppl I told said it shld b fine.
I did interview on 13 th, checked the status today. I saw issued. Alliamdulilah

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2018
Congratulations
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shookie: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
hello house,i was refuse a visiting visa in march while i was on leave and now i got an invite for my friends wedding in USA.i am married,good job but no kids yet.
what are my chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Gloriouscrown: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello,
Please can someone help me with a quote for a family of two Adults and a year old child to Houston mid September. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks
BarrONLS:
Congratulations @Acube2 please post your transcript as I will want to learn one or two things. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks
jj17cv:
Congratulations
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrjoshtower: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acube2:
As I previously posted before. I was accepted into a fellowship by Us based NGO. The fellowship/volunteer is in Kenya and Uganda. But there is a mandatory training at San Francisco. Just 5 days.
My host company, the NGO contacted them to expedite my visa interview, so my interview was scheduled within a week.
The interview below:

Vo: how are u
Me: fine and u?
Vo: am fine thanks
Vo: what are u going to the US for
Me: I have a trainining in San Francisco.
As a prerequisite to a fellowship with xyz ngo in Kenya and Uganda. 3 months in Uganda and 3 months in kenya
Vo: have u ever traveled out of Nigeria b4
Me: No
Vo: do u have anything document from xyz
Me: a lot(hands him the docs) offer letter and letter of support.
Vo: (reads the support letter thoroughly) looks at the offer letter and said its much, he is gonna go thru it later.
Vo: are u married?
Vo: is she going with u?
Vo: any kid
Vo: (looks at the system), so are u resigning from yr present employer(mentioned the name)
Me: no, I have a verbal agreement with them to come back since the business is similar with d fellowship.
Vo: ok
(type for a while and told he is gonna read the offer letter later and get back to me. He said he is gonna pend my application. Gives me a white paper and Mark administrative processing)
Me: OK, thank u.

Vo: do u have any more doc that might support yr case.
Me: yes, hands me more docs.
Vo: we might try to confirm yr docs, hope they would confirm its from them.
Me: that's totally fine.
Vo: we wld get back to u in the nearest future
Me: Thank u
Vo: enjoy the rest of ur day.
My passport still with them.

I was afraid but ppl I told said it shld b fine.
Congratulations bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acube2:

Congrats.... Normally you should get your white collection paper on the interview date but things has changed so much that they have to do thorough research on your document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
shookie:
hello house,i was refuse a visiting visa in march while i was on leave and now i got an invite for my friends wedding in USA.i am married,good job but no kids yet.
what are my chances?

Post your march transcript let guru here evaluate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
shookie:
what are my chances?

Although no one can predict your outcome... but if you have nothing important to do in U.S don't bother wasting your money.... As far as I know the wedding will take place even if you're not present.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hmmm. Thanks
seyewest:

Congrats.... Normally you should get your white collection paper on the interview date but things has changed so much that they have to do thorough research on your document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks
Mrjoshtower:

Congratulations bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lanbles: 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hi peeps
Please I'd appreciate a tip on....

How do I prove my home ties to the V.O during interview.
I'm a commercial farmer and I have about 10 acres of land as my farmland..which I have the receipt.
I am married with a kid and expecting another.

Are these 2 points enough ties, and how do I prove it.

I have a training I'll be attending in Washington DC and I'm being sponsored by an NGO which I hold an executive post

Thanks so much in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:53am On Jun 16, 2018
dammi:
Good day all. Thanks for your response so far. It has been so helpful. I mailed the us embassy concerning my appointment reschedule with the email I want to use and I was replied back with a password and the email I sent. Now, I can't login or register with the email and password on the appointment site. I logged in to my husband profile which he used to book our former appointment, I noticed I can edit is detail and put in mine. I went ahead in changing it to mine cos I am the main applicant now while my children will be dependant. I was asked if I want to replace mine with is and I clicked on continue. The next page came up with attachment of passport so stopped because I don't know if I am on the right track. Please house, kindly help with what I'm suppose to do. #omobendel #kdk other gurus in the house

Put a call through to them please....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OME1(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2018
Good morning everyone, well done for all the information, had to read up on previous posts and comments. I appreciate.

I have a question, my sister and I got invited for a conference holding between 10th-13th August in New York, we received our invitation letters 3 days ago and we immediately proceeded to apply for our US visas, but the earliest date we saw on the application page was 28th August and now it's showing 6th September.

I really don't know what to do at this point, 'cause conference plans, payment of fees have been concluded and we were fast in our application process.

How do I go about it?

Any help or suggestions? Thank you all very much.

OmoBendel24 TWoods and everyone else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.