Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1175383 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babbie23(f): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
SexyDuby:

Hello....how did it go? Do you mind sharing your transcript here.

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, I was exhausted to the bone
So here it goes :
I must say I enjoyed the process so much though tiring from all the queuing. I'm in Ghana, 23 and a student. Straight DENIAL! This whole idea of visiting the US was from my parents. I won't lie I doubted I stood a chance after going through people's experiences but I had already done a lot and was only awaiting my interview day. I was positive all the same because my intentions were good. I thank God all the same .
Interview day
I woke up around 4 or 4:30am I don't remember because my mum woke me up while I was just trying to enjoy my sleep. So fast forward to 6am when I and parents reached the embassy. First timer, completely lost and confused. I asked a personnel what I had to do before my 7:30 appointment and he told me to hang around a tree where I saw lots of people standing and waiting. I went ahead and stood there for a while till some police officer asked those who had their interview to form a queue. I did go through the checks etc it was already past 7:30 and I was already waiting my turn to be interviewed. I wasn't paying attention to those being interviewed except one pastor who was approved a visa and one university lady who was denied and another guy who was also denied. So after the guy who was denied, I was asked to go to that VO. One chubby guy with beard and in his mid 30's . Honestly he was cool.
VO: Hi good morning
Me: good morning(cheerfully) how are you?
VO: fine thank you (looking at his computer typing)
May I have your passport please?
Me: sure(smiles)
I caughed lightly and said sorry and he said no problem (still typing) he wasn't looking too serious as I said he was cool
VO: So why are you going to the US
Me: I'd love to spend my long summer break sightseeing and exploring interesting places in the US and also I'll be visiting my uncle
VO: typing what I said and even repeating what I said I was smiling (now I know they type our answers for future purposes)
Where in the US are you going to?
Me: Columbus ,Ohio
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a student of bla bla
VO: What course do you offer?
Me: I'm a 1st year student pursuing a 4-year degree programme in information technology but I'll be progressing to my 2nd year after the break
VO: okay. He nodded still typing. Have you traveled before?
Me: No sir.
VO: okay. Are you married?
Me: I'm very single with a grin
VO: looks at me and smiles
Okay do you have kids?
Me: No sir (smiles)
VO: okay. I'm sorry bla bla (y'all know the rest already lol)
As he was handing me my passport and the 214b paper I asked wasn't being a student a strong enough tie to return (even though I knew the answer already lol still wanted to know all the same)
Surprisingly he suggested another thing for me. Asking if I've heard of the J-1 visa for exchange program to which I nodded and said yes ,that I did plan on applying for that next year and he went ahead to say it'll be the best choice for me as a student and not only would I be able to visit some places in the US but I'll also be able to work (summer work and travel)
So I said ok and thank you with a smile and elegantly left the premises to announce the outcome to my mum who was waiting anxiously for some good news. She felt bad but I assured her it's alright and the next time I'll go through with the J-1 visa successfully.
So that's it. No docs checked as usual. This forum helped a lot. Kudos to the brains behind it and to those awaiting, all the best.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SexyDuby(f): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Babbie23:

So here it goes :
I must say I enjoyed the process so much though tiring from all the queuing. I'm in Ghana, 23 and a student. Straight DENIAL! This whole idea of visiting the US was from my parents. I won't lie I doubted I stood a chance after going through people's experiences but I had already done a lot and was only awaiting my interview day. I was positive all the same because my intentions were good. I thank God all the same .
Interview day
I woke up around 4 or 4:30am I don't remember because my mum woke me up while I was just trying to enjoy my sleep. So fast forward to 6am when I and parents reached the embassy. First timer, completely lost and confused. I asked a personnel what I had to do before my 7:30 appointment and he told me to hang around a tree where I saw lots of people standing and waiting. I went ahead and stood there for a while till some police officer asked those who had their interview to form a queue. I did go through the checks etc it was already past 7:30 and I was already waiting my turn to be interviewed. I wasn't paying attention to those being interviewed except one pastor who was approved a visa and one university lady who was denied and another guy who was also denied. So after the guy who was denied, I was asked to go to that VO. One chubby guy with beard and in his mid 30's . Honestly he was cool.
VO: Hi good morning
Me: good morning(cheerfully) how are you?
VO: fine thank you (looking at his computer typing)
May I have your passport please?
Me: sure(smiles)
I caughed lightly and said sorry and he said no problem (still typing) he wasn't looking too serious as I said he was cool
VO: So why are you going to the US
Me: I'd love to spend my long summer break sightseeing and exploring interesting places in the US and also I'll be visiting my uncle
VO: typing what I said and even repeating what I said I was smiling (now I know they type our answers for future purposes)
Where in the US are you going to?
Me: Columbus ,Ohio
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a student of bla bla
VO: What course do you offer?
Me: I'm a 1st year student pursuing a 4-year degree programme in information technology but I'll be progressing to my 2nd year after the break
VO: okay. He nodded still typing. Have you traveled before?
Me: No sir.
VO: okay. Are you married?
Me: I'm very single with a grin
VO: looks at me and smiles
Okay do you have kids?
Me: No sir (smiles)
VO: okay. I'm sorry bla bla (y'all know the rest already lol)
As he was handing me my passport and the 214b paper I asked wasn't being a student a strong enough tie to return (even though I knew the answer already lol still wanted to know all the same)
Surprisingly he suggested another thing for me. Asking if I've heard of the J-1 visa for exchange program to which I nodded and said yes ,that I did plan on applying for that next year and he went ahead to say it'll be the best choice for me as a student and not only would I be able to visit some places in the US but I'll also be able to work (summer work and travel)
So I said ok and thank you with a smile and elegantly left the premises to announce the outcome to my mum who was waiting anxiously for some good news. She felt bad but I assured her it's alright and the next time I'll go through with the J-1 visa successfully.
So that's it. No docs checked as usual. This forum helped a lot. Kudos to the brains behind it and to those awaiting, all the best.
Your interview was interesting despite the denial. The VO seemed to be very friendly & also advised you on the way forward(getting a J-1 visa)....I'm suprised!
All the best in your next step to trying again.
Thanks 4 sharing.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babbie23(f): 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
SexyDuby:

Your interview was interesting despite the denial. The VO seemed to be very friendly & also advised you on the way forward(getting a J-1 visa)....I'm suprised!
All the best in your next step to trying again.
Thanks 4 sharing.

Thank you dearie
I appreciate the experience, I wasn't down until today where it struck me that I shouldn't have gone ahead with the B2 visa but its all good.
I'll be here again to share some good news.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
E jo where is Baba Ramota? grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Trone: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Biko, where you live?! 8 people?! All your hood wan run? Make Una arrange crusade, "arresting the visa arresters!" or " My time to move! Visa come forth" Lol

WHERE IS TIGERWOODS?!
lol....it's almost holiday time, families going for vacay and/ conferences.

Majority of the intending US travelers are 45 and below.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I hear and read this all the time and wonder what it means to Nigerians who use the term. Can you share please?

I will answer this your question even though from your write up I know you need a view.

America dream is a term used as a wish to migrate to the US for better opportunity of working towards your life goes.

It's believed that what ever you set to achieve in life your chances are higher in the US considered the most open country in the world for migrants.

It's very important to note that dreams come with challenges so do not expect a easy part. How difficult? That depends on your dream as many believe that it's more difficult or no more the US years back.

It's wrong using the term here on b1/b2 visa forum except your intentions are to migrate to the US which is wrong. I mean wrong as an intent so am not judging because your situation may change while on b1/b2 it's not forbidden (Please take note).

I personally still believe America is still the greatest country in the world regardless of how difficult it's recently. My experience in Asia, Europe and America.

If you are good in what ever you do the US is more likely to give you the opportunity and it's fairly a free country.

Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Babbie23:

So here it goes :
I must say I enjoyed the process so much though tiring from all the queuing. I'm in Ghana, 23 and a student. Straight DENIAL! This whole idea of visiting the US was from my parents.
even if you were denied, I'll still say my congrats grin you have a very positive attitude I love that.

I really wish applicants will learn from this. A denial is not the end of the world.

Most people I've seen/read here will be denied and come post derogatory remarks of the Vo's and the embassy refusing to self assess if indeed they were qualified for the visa.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. Reciprocity.

If only they knew that the Nigerian government was issuing 1 year visa to Americans while the US government was issuing two years visa.

If only they knew that the reason why we don't get 5 year visa is because of the greed of our government.

If only they knew....

This is quite an exposé. If you know... you know tongue
My son's Naija visa was written with a biro.lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
I think the way it is going, getting a US should be a 3 years project.

1st year visit schegen countries for vacay with your family. Plenty tourist sites in Milan, Rome, Paris e.t.c all with just one visa
2nd year, visit London, UK.
3rd year, apply for US visa for vacation, you will have a better chance getting it. This shows you are a tourist and often take vacation

If you have that very good job and pay as claimed in the ds form, you should be able to visit other countries before US

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I hear and read this all the time and wonder what it means to Nigerians who use the term. Can you share please?

For Nigerians it means "Land of Opportunity” USA has many opportunities for one to excel when u live there, there are lots of things to do. To fulfill our American dreams means, to av a taste of good environment, good food, security, good system of government, stable light and water, etc. It also offers victors a wide varieties of recreational activities ,sightseeing and good relaxation. So many things to fulfill the life one desire to live in this world and American is one of the beautiful country we desire to fulfill that dreams.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
monchat:

All the best to all of us and may God help us to fulfill our American dreams.

How can we talk about the American dream on a visit visa forum? Are people on this forum planning to permanently live in the US under the guise of visiting the States?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zika01: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone, please does anyone know the next available interview date for Lagos and Abuja.

Please help a sister.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babbie23(f): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
shrekandfiona:

even if you were denied, I'll still say my congrats grin you have a very positive attitude I love that.

I really wish applicants will learn from this. A denial is not the end of the world.

Most people I've seen/read here will be denied and come post derogatory remarks of the Vo's and the embassy refusing to self assess if indeed they were qualified for the visa.

Haha thank you very much
Definitely not the end of the world.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
shrekandfiona:

This is quite an exposé. If you know... you know tongue
My son's Naija visa was written with a biro.lol
If you know then you understand tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
abnot:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nigeria.html Ours is not bad. Though 5 years would have been better.

Nice info for general reading. wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 12:44am On Jun 13, 2018
TheCongo2:

How can we talk about the American dream on a visit visa forum? Are people on this forum planning to permanently live in the US under the guise of visiting the States?

ummmmm ...that's been happening for donkey years now.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by general1970: 3:06am On Jun 13, 2018
signature2012:
Hope you guys are ready for the protest. grin grin grin

Saw this on a friends DP. shocked shocked

I've said this times without number, the US/Europe embassy's are fraudsters, they are defrauding developing countries which is absurd. My question stands, can any country take $160 from 400 citizens of the United states daily then deny 330 visas without investigation by the FBI?

Most times this visa fee/trip is not easy for some folks and the agony you face after denial is really depressing, it takes a real man to accept the fate he was disqualified for an interview he well prepared for, some folks travel all the way from far East to Abuja (not even Lagos) only to be told blah blah, I always imagine how they feel returning back home. It's only in Nigeria you go to embassy well prayed, dressed and hopeful then get a piece of shit for your effort. I'll strongly advise, please don't go to the US embassy if you have no tangible business in this Donald Trump's US cos he's making hell bent for any immigrant to succeed at the moment, please use the cash for something else.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:10am On Jun 13, 2018
monchat:

For Nigerians it means "Land of Opportunity” USA has many opportunities for one to excel when u live there, there are lots of things to do. To fulfill our American dreams means, to av a taste of good environment, good food, security, good system of government, stable light and water, etc. It also offers victors a wide varieties of recreational activities ,sightseeing and good relaxation. So many things to fulfill the life one desire to live in this world and American is one of the beautiful country we desire to fulfill that dreams.

No disrespect the real "American dream" is not based off these. By Allah's mercies I had access to all the things listed above while living in Lagos and Port Harcourt before my job/family "forced" me out of the country.

The freedom to decide on the most positive things of life while striving to be exceptional and spiritually minded.
Someday when GOD blesses you to move over you will become the real
American that has lived the dream and had it all.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 3:34am On Jun 13, 2018
So someone came here,ask all manners of questions and got answers to them all.

Then one day,he decided to compile them into Ebook and sell for 10k each.

I dont know if you are smart or just taking advantage of ignorance Nigerians.

I had to blur the name for security reasons.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 3:37am On Jun 13, 2018
general1970:

I've said this times without number, the US/Europe embassy's are fraudsters, they are defrauding developing countries which is absurd. My question stands, can any country take $160 from 400 citizens of the United states daily then deny 330 visas without investigation by the FBI?

Most times this visa fee/trip is not easy for some folks and the agony you face after denial is really depressing, it takes a real man to accept the fate he was disqualified for an interview he well prepared for, some folks travel all the way from far East to Abuja (not even Lagos) only to be told blah blah, I always imagine how they feel returning back home. It's only in Nigeria you go to embassy well prayed, dressed and hopeful then get a piece of shit for your effort. I'll strongly advise, please don't go to the US embassy if you have no tangible business in this Donald Trump's US cos he's making hell bent for any immigrant to succeed at the moment, please use the cash for something else.

All you wrote is wrong.Though is always depressing when one get denied.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 4:02am On Jun 13, 2018
benolala:

[b]America dream is a term used as a wish to migrate to the US for better opportunity of working towards your life goes.

That depends on your dream as many believe that it's more difficult or no more the US years back.

[/b]Thank you

The term has not technically changed in principle which basically is the "freedom of choice" but the sheer quest for money, fame and power has made it evolve to include debt, living above means, laziness, feminism, sex changes and sexual orientation etc.

As a foreign national do not get "stuck up" in the system, live pay check to pay check, be irresponsible (drugs, neglect family and God)

If you live within your means, develop yourself, refuse to blame your race or gender for your shortfalls, remain a true African and be creative.

The American dream will be just as delicious as a hamburger with fries, iced tea and some pickles on the side grin grin grin best of luck

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 5:32am On Jun 13, 2018
monchat:

Hehehe I wish real Americans can read this, they will laugh their heads off. When we hear that a lunatic entered an American kindergarten and killed 30 children while injuring 40, we play these things down in our minds, if the same thing happens here we will fret and visa applications will multiply cause everyone will want to run away. America is not as secure as you think, their foods are not as healthy or sweet as you think, some Americans are living on food stamps, some can't afford to pay light, water and even medical bill.

Just trying to say, achieving that American dream even for Americans is not a walk in the park. There are opportunities though but let our expectations be moderate.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 6:20am On Jun 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Biko, where you live?! 8 people?! All your hood wan run? Make Una arrange crusade, "arresting the visa arresters!" or " My time to move! Visa come forth" Lol

WHERE IS TIGERWOODS?!

On the golf course grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 6:30am On Jun 13, 2018
Babbie23:

I like the spirit.

I think other factors also come to play when accessing applications like the class of visa amongst other like family, financial, economic, social, socioeconomic ties etc

Now that you have a strong pointer - the J1 visa, I will advise you start working on that, try to research more on it and prepare yourself more on it too.

I have this feeling also that the next time you will apply you will be granted.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2018
general1970:

Come to think of it, if the visa fee is not easy why travel? Travelling is an expensive venture so be ready for whatever comes out of it. If you are finding the visa fee difficult I guess you should not attempt applying at all because it simply means if granted it will be a *journey of no return*

There should be allowance for rejection so nothing comes as a shock.

My first visa refusal was UK, then I was very young naive and inexperienced I cried tire not be cos of the visa fee but be cos most of my classmate in school then usually go for holiday and wen they return they come with trendy stuffs. It was during our long break I wanted to shine too. But you know what, few years after I left school and I started working and I applied to A rated countries like usa and I got the visa at first attempt also countries like Switzerland France etc that I visit a least 4times a year those days, I regreted ever applying for UK when I did becos UK at the right time would have been just a Walk thru for me.

So my dear countryperson travel only if you must and at the right time not at a *by fire by force* matter. Otherwise one will only end up adding to the revenue of usa

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
general1970:
I'll strongly advise, please don't go to the US embassy if you have no tangible business in this Donald Trump's US cos he's making hell bent for any immigrant to succeed at the moment, please use the cash for something else.
You are very correct. It is now tough for those who want to use Non-immigrant Visas to immigrate to the states and Canada. Those without such intent are very much welcome. However, you still have to qualify for the Visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babbie23(f): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018
ladylco:

I like the spirit.

I think other factors also come to play when accessing applications like the class of visa amongst other like family, financial, economic, social, socioeconomic ties etc

Now that you have a strong pointer - the J1 visa, I will advise you start working on that, try to research more on it and prepare yourself more on it too.

I have this feeling also that the next time you will apply you will be granted.

All the best

Thank you
You are very right. I have started working on that already; researching etc
I feel the same too.
Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. Reciprocity.

If only they knew that the Nigerian government was issuing 1 year visa to Americans while the US government was issuing two years visa.

Hmmmm (rolls eyes) When did they start that?
My youngest kid visited Nigeria last year and the visa issued by the Embassy in DC is valid for two years
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2018
Zika01:
Hello everyone, please does anyone know the next available interview date for Lagos and Abuja.

Please help a sister.
Thanks

Lagos is Nov2 while Abuja is Oct 23 2018

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:48am On Jun 13, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Hmmmm (rolls eyes) When did they start that?
My youngest kid visited Nigeria last year and the visa issued by the Embassy in DC is valid for two years
How much did you pay for that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.