Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171553 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
seyewest:

You have to wait for 6 months before you can reapply... They don't need our money and they want us to stop applying for now.

Hi.

Thanks for your response but I've been able to schedule another appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Uncle the link no lead to any transcript o! Mbok copy and paste here
Oh, sorry... I nor too sabi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/408

Here is winterstorm's post from that link...

So I decided to join this forum because I didn't want anyone to fall mugu to any yeye visa agent like I did... It was really bad....I didn't know there could be some kind of reward in it for me.

Went for my visa today 6:30 am, it was just a fascinating conversation that left me deaf! cheesy

What visa agents do to people ehn? May God help us all, and the way people were by that gate waiting the coming of our Lord , just to see if you will come out with White or blue paper..how won't they refuse people!

If I start telling you there were blue papers then I may forget to tell you that they had wings / were flying....but you my friend are different so believe and go for it!

Me: Good morning ..

Vo: Good morning ma'am, pass me your I-20 and
passport... how are you today?

Me: I'm okay, how are you?

Vo: Oh! I'm fine, thanks. What state did you say you are
going to again?

Me: Florida,....Miami Florida.

Vo: What school are you going to there?

Me: Florida international university.

Vo: Oh! And which program?

Me: International business....

Vo: Why this school?

Me: Out of all the schools I applied to, they offered me
graduate assistantship.....

Vo: Ooh! Hmp!

Me: .... that covers some of my tuition expenses and
stipends.

Vo: Types... Looking at me from somewhere else while
typing...

Me: Looking at her while admiring her person.... grin wink

Vo: So you picked this school because of the funding?

Me: Yes! I did..... and their school ranks 7th in
international business...

Vo: Oh!! Typing...so did you take any test for this
funding...

Me: Ma,am??

Vo: Did you take any test?

Me: Oh! Yes I took my GRE, I scored .. ***..

Vo: Could you tell me the break down?

Me : The verbal is uhmm... ***, quantitative is ***,
analytical is *!

Vo: hmmm...typing and looking at me from a screen or
something somewhere...

Vo: What do you plan to do with this degree?

Me: I want to be able to own and manage a
consultancy firm of my own in the future ....that will
focus mainly on exportation of goods and
services here in Nigeria.

Vo: Ooh okay!!! Who is paying?

Me: My uncle is sponsoring, my mom will be
supporting me where necessary... I Laugh.

Vo: She laughs grin cheesy do you have their SOA?

Me: Yes! yes I do..... Fetching only my uncle's SOA
,..she was watching me caaaarefully like a
hawk....I hand it to her.

Vo: Looks and says "you are sure your uncle is okay
with you taking this"? It's very bulky.......she sighs
and look through, laughing.

Me: Yes!

Vo: What does this your uncle do?

Me: He owns a haulage company of his own and fuel
station
around the Eastern part of the country.

Vo: hmhmm!

She seem to be looking at my face on a screen somewhere.... Or something..

Vo: Are you married?

Me: No, I'm single .

Vo: Any kid ..

Me: No, I laughed ...

Vo: Laughed too.... You mean no child outside
wedlock...

Me: I smiled, chuckled then shook my head... wink (in my
mind { abeg make una no koba meoo, I no know if
you don go born outside wedlock} ) grin

Vo: Then she typed, looked at my face and typed some
more.... ... Still typing....

Vo: Guy your visa is approved (I deaf!) please make
sure you take your I-20 to... something.....keep it
well something.... something... Like that...

Me: Thank you very much...have a lovely day ...

She was reading my body language a lot !! but it was more like she wanted to talk some more or just to know my kind of person NOT looking for a reason to Deny me.

Ubah1 ... God bless you! And every single person that spends their time to help others here...

Lagosismyhome.
Imperiouxx
Ekiee's
Ladyguinivere
Omobendel24
Seyewest
Franknetter
Justwise
One other Wooden guy like that wink cheesy
Femi312
Tolatif
Ladylco
Ayenikunle
KDK

I can keep going but you all....are amazing!

Indeed there is God and there is need for prayers!
You will know when you face situations that are " deus ex machina"

..... Good luck to you all.. In fact my war with the visa agents just started.

Hold your schools to give you funding if you can.

Ladies Don't rub too much eye-shadow and pancake nau, Wear good shoes. Guys! wear good shoes and sucks, don't wear 1,500 to F1 visa interview wink . Don't try to state things the way you wrote/cram them...Change them as quickly but calmly as you can..Don't wear dead/old shirts nau...I kuku wear white. wink

Finally, be nice to everyone you see, someone somewhere is watching, for instance, I caught my Vo looking at me when I was laughing at the queue woman and when I was helping one mama like that. She kuku gave I and that mama.

Thank you God!.....

Congrats!

Ha! Thank you very much.
Thank you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
NothingDoMe:
What manner of flirtatious interview is this bikonu? cheesy

Congrats! lipsrsealedcheesy

Haha grin
The type wey only God fit give these days o
Thank you. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

No mind the two of them.. Lol.
Congratulations Winterstorm. No fail o! grin

Okay ma!
Thank you very much cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Congrats to Winterstorm, dude was everywhere on Nairaland "feeding" , and he did well, was crowned too. From his contributions sef, you would see he had his teeth cut to a large extent ni!

Meanwhile, we lady, what meanest thee when thou sayest "no fail o"? Good evening to you better person.
grin
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
fcisca:
Congratulations @winterstorm

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
seyewest:
@winterstorm Congrats and this is when the real work start .... Congrats once again.
Thank you very much. Very very true.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
OtunOba15:
Sent in resignation letter 8 months he left Nigeria

Just yesterday I learnt and confirmed a senior colleague in the office was deported from the US 3weeks ago...

Violating B1/B2 visa condition....

He came back with Nothing.
shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
seyewest:

You have to wait for 6 months before you can reapply...
They don't need our money and they want us to stop applying for now.

They'd still make the same amount if we all wait for 6months cause they are booked. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by koksybrown: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
interswitch:
Hi, i want to attend a conference in US. An invitation letter has been sent to me via Email (PDF) for the purpose of Visa.
Is it important i request for a physical copy to be sent via courier to me? Does it really matter?
Thanks all

Can someone help this nigga
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,

I was denied a visa last week and i'm trying to book another appointment but the prompt i get is "There are no appointments available". It is imperative i book this appointment and give it another go ASAP. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Best Regards

Is it an immigrant visa ? If it’s not don’t waste your money as you may be denied for the same reason.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
x
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2018
winterstorm:

Haha grin
The type wey only God fit give these days o
Thank you. cheesy
Lol. I always wondered if VOs are at anytime tempted to extend extra friendly courtesies to the handsome guys and pretty ladies, inwardly and outwardly, that they meet on a daily basis. It definitely can't be easy sitting in that glass cubicle watching the world pass by without being able to reach through the glass and touch the world when you want to. Like the boy in the bubble.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. I always wondered if VOs are at anytime tempted to extend extra friendly courtesies to the handsome guys and pretty ladies, inwardly and outwardly, that they meet on a daily basis. It definitely can't be easy sitting in that glass cubicle watching the world pass by without being able to reach through the glass and touch the world when you want to. Like the boy in the bubble.

Very true.
I saw the communication between the guy in window 5 and the line Lady. It was really amazing. They are just humans after all.
I believe they love to work in Nigeria, which is why they are here. So if they are just doing their job, then the solutions to the B1/B2 visa - as I observed - is traveling to two countries, two years within your application, calmness and a good reason for your visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2018
Nope. The PDF is ok.
interswitch:
Hi, i want to attend a conference in US. An invitation letter has been sent to me via Email (PDF) for the purpose of Visa.
Is it important i request for a physical copy to be sent via courier to me? Does it really matter?
Thanks all

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,

I was denied a visa last week and i'm trying to book another appointment but the prompt i get is "There are no appointments available". It is imperative i book this appointment and give it another go ASAP. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Best Regards

You can only book after 6 month of denial
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chanbaby: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2018
pls can one travel to the US in Oct with a visa that will expire in Nov and stay till Jan? Will there b an issue?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2018
Chanbaby:
pls can one travel to the US in Oct with a visa that will expire in Nov and stay till Jan? Will there b an issue?

You should know that it's risky traveling on a visa with less than 2 months validity and still want to stay till january... you self think am now.
My advice is that you should wait till your visa expire and re-apply through dropbox, if you re-apply before expiration of your visa, you might be called for interview.
Have a nice day.

N.B: UPDATED.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2018
seyewest:

The reason you asked is because you know it's illegal and wrong but you want validation from someone here. You should know that it's risky traveling on a visa with less than 2 months validity and still want to stay till january... you self think am now.
My advice is that you should wait till your visa expire and re-apply through dropbox, if you re-apply before expiration of your visa, you will be called for interview.
Have a nice day.

Haba...

Uncle Seye...I think you were a little harsh on her. It is NOT illegal but it is risky. Many have done it and renewed their visas without issues.

I also do not agree that if one applies before expiration one will be called for interview. There are many reasons why people renew before time and it is usually not an issue.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Haba...

Uncle Seye...I think you were a little harsh on her. It is NOT illegal but it is risky. Many have done it and renewed their visas without issues.

I also do not agree that if one applies before expiration one will be called for interview. There are many reasons why people renew before time and it is usually not an issue.

I don't think I'm harsh... it's illegal to stay on an expired visa (Even though she's hoping it will be extended at POE) what if it was not extended?
I've renewed 2-3 visas of my colleague (Who visited twice and did not stayed in U.S for more than 12 days) before they expired and they were called for interview so from my own little experience I think it's advisable to wait till after expiration.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 11:16am On Jul 12, 2018
Chanbaby:

Yes you can.

I just got this from the US govts official website

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/frequently-asked-questions/about-basics.html

I must warn you that it is a bit risky because CBPs don't always stamp you in for 6months

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2018
seyewest:

I don't think I'm harsh... it's illegal to stay on an expired visa (Even though she's hoping it will be extended at POE) what if it was not extended?
I've renewed 2-3 visas of my colleague (Who visited twice and did not stayed in U.S for more than 12 days) before they expired and they were called for interview so from my own little experience I think it's advisable to wait till after expiration.

I have put up a link to debunk that.

It really is NOT illegal to stay on an expired visa as long as you are within the time stamped at the POE. What is illegal is if you stay beyond the time stamped at POE even with a VALID VISA.

As for renewal... A lot of people I know have renewed before expiration and have gotten their visas without much ado. For instance, if I have a conference to attend every August and my visa expires in August, I will begin renewal in June or July to account for any unexpected delays.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chanbaby: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Fyorgyn:

I have put up a link to debunk that.

It really is NOT illegal to stay on an expired visa as long as you are within the time stamped at the POE. What is illegal is if you stay beyond the time stamped at POE even with a VALID VISA.

As for renewal... A lot of people I know have renewed before expiration and have gotten their visas without much ado. For instance, if I have a conference to attend every August and my visa expires in August, I will begin renewal in June or July to account for any unexpected delays.

thanks alot for ur response. @seyewest i lack words for u . i leave u with ur opinion and ur false conclusion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2018
Chanbaby:

thanks alot for ur response. @seyewest i lack words for u . i leave u with ur opinion and ur false conclusion.

What?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Yes you can.

I just got this from the US govts official website

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/frequently-asked-questions/about-basics.html

I must warn you that it is a bit risky because CBPs don't always stamp you in for 6months

You just said it that the CBP's may not always stamp you in for 6 months and what if they refused her entry due to number of months remaining on the visa? Or is it not possible...
I tried to reduce risk as much as possible especially for Nigerians (And you know why this is special for Nigerian)... since beginning of this year almost everyone I know who re-apply for renewal of U.S visa via dropbox (Before expiration of their visa) have been invited for interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2018
Chanbaby:

It was not a false conclusion I only advice you based on my experience, What I know is that even if your stay is extended at POE, you maybe invited for interview when next you applied for renewal through dropbox because you need to explain why you stayed a day extra after expiration of your visa in U.S,it's left for you to explain yourself.
If I've offended you I'm very sorry. grin

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2018
seyewest:

It was not a false conclusion I only advice you based on my experience, What I know is that even if your stay is extended at POE, you will be invited for interview when next you applied for renewal through dropbox because you need to explain why you stayed a day extra after expiration of your visa in U.S,it's left for you to explain yourself, this you can not escape.
If I've offended you I'm very sorry. grin
Lol. You make this interview thing sound ominous. Like a firing squad. It can't be that bad.

When your colleagues were invited did the VO ask them why they stayed beyond the validity of the travel Visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rol3nd: 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
Base on present and past posts.... Whosoever is that @seyewest i just don't like you for any reason... undecided undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
seyewest:

You just said it that the CBP's may not always stamp you in for 6 months and what if they refused her entry due to number of months remaining on the visa? Or is it not possible...

That does not mean it is illegal and wrong which was your conclusion in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Will help out here.... Even if you arrive at the front of a CBP Officer a day to the expiration of your visa, it's not illegal. Just have a reasonable purpose of visit. Our sister that asked this question here today actually wants to go birth in the US.

My take on this in the light of recent happenings is that if she has previously used the visa for the purpose for which it was issued, she

1. Can go ahead and make the trip before visa expiration arming herself with the famous "burden of proof". Worse case scenario, she will be stamped in till the date on her ticket's return leg instead of the normal 6 months which of course isn't even bad as long as travel plans made are tight/concrete.

2. Can first be sure of, and prepare her "burden of proof". Do her dropbox application indicating B2 specifically as her reason for application, use the doctor's name for her "contact person in the US", and then hope she won't be called in for an interview, and even if they did, she should go with her prepared "burden of proof" and ace the interview hopefully.

3. Can just give all this up, schedule an interview appointment and of her own accord go in for the interview as one going to birth and state it all as it is, backing this up with her prepared "burden of proof".

However, if the expiring visa wasn't issued for birthing and hasn't been used for the purpose of issuance, don't even try doing 1 above, the risks and likely punishments ain't no joke.

Number 3 normally is the best thing to do, but times are different. So, if you know you have the capacity to birth in the US but are only afraid of the interview and ain't exactly sure your prepared ""burden of proof" will cut it at the embassy interview, please do number 1, that's if your previous visa has been used appropriately. By this I mean for instance, some people can easily cough out the required $15-20k for birthing in about a month, but their 6-Month bank statement if faced with an interview will mess them up.

So, why take the interview risk right now when you are actually not doing anything wrong? Why not just go birth now and prepare your burden of proof for the future renewal? Most important is to be truthful at POE to the CBP Officer, it will be on record!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. You make this interview thing sound ominous. Like a firing squad. It can't be that bad.

When your colleagues were invited did the VO ask them why they stayed beyond the validity of the travel Visa?

They asked them why they didn't wait till their visa expired before reapplying and asked them few random questions before re-issuing them the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.