Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172257 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
ayenikunle:
It may look tough, but people are getting visas everyday... we just have to stop deceiving ourselves... If you are legit, honest and everything work together in your favour, you would get it...

I know a company who's staff has never been refused a visa to the US for a training up until 2017.

This year, they have bounced 3 of their staff for the same training.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hello my people. Happy independence. God bless Nigeria. I want to travel with my child for a relative's decoration ceremony. I have a job that earns me 150k monthly. Haven't travelled out in 4 years. Being refused twice, though i was told i can apply again. I have been filed for. Please kindly advise me on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
sharpman1:

I know company who's staff has never been refused a visa to the US for a training up until 2017.

This year, they have bounced 3 of their staff for the same training.

This doesn't mean people are not getting visas. Truth be told it's gettin tough, very tough mostly because of the unpatriotic nature of our country men, many who have decided to stay back illegally or abused their visas, making it difficult for genuine travellers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HRprof: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
ayenikunle:

This doesn't mean people are not getting visas.

Only 10% get visa this year. Let's stop generating revenue for them. This time around is not about your genuine intentions or your ties even your travel history can not guarantee you visa. Is even a miracle to get visiting visa now undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Na wa ooooo this one weak me 10% going to Embassy now just have 10% faith
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
ayenikunle:

This doesn't mean people are not getting visas.

Of course people are getting visas.

Question is.......what is the percentage of successful applications?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
HRprof:

Only 10% get visa this year. Let's stop generating revenue for them. This time around is not about your genuine intentions or your ties even your travel history can not guarantee you visa. Is even a miracle to get visiting visa now undecided undecided

We hear you. But we wee kip "generating revenue for dem", donwori. Isit your "generation"? I can tell you for free that my immediate family members (who aren't citizens of somewhere else with "strong" passports but just Nigerians) all have this US visa, and there's nothing so peculiar than God and having the "know-how" of the process. Ties, genuine intentions and travel history keep counting wella!

I have come to realize too from experience that people who intend to migrate are MOST TIMES the ones that gets refused (we will not agree, but this is a solid observation of mine all the same, let's check our consciences). The ones with the necessary requirements and are not intent on migrating MOSTLY get this US visa. You can go on now and argue with your keyboard! Okay, bye....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
sharpman1:

Of course people are getting visas.

Question is.......what is the percentage of successful applications?

Will ask this one question, and implore you to be fair too. What is the percentage of intending immigrants amongst those refusals in this current Nigeria? Very, very high!

Should they just be granting us visas because we paid visa fees to them?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
hello every one, please we have a situation....have anyone ever heard of this

my sisters husband left for usa last week monday, he has a 2years tourist visa which will expire in january 2019. he has been busy at work and decided to visit last week.
after checking in about to board his plane he was asked to step aside that de(the airline) received a mail that he should not be allowed to travel that he should report to the embassy in lagos for further inquires....any one experienced this before? please i need useful informations.

meanwhile he has neva used the visa to travel but he has been to south africa n dubai so many occasion befor he got the usa. alone the line his kids school planned on summer holiday for parents, students, and some members of the school but they were all denied the canada visa.
since his visa was getting near he dcided to rush to america.

would you advice he visits the embassy as requested no timing de just said visit or wud it be better if he stays away for now and apply for a schegen visa or uk just incase the revoke his visa so it wont affect his application

please experienced hands in the house please help us out and if u have had that experience please share the outcome pleeeeee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
lex02:

my sisters husband left for usa last week monday, he has a 2years tourist visa which will expire in january 2019. he has been busy at work and decided to visit last week.
after checking in about to board his plane he was asked to step aside that de(the airline) received a mail that he should not be allowed to travel that he should report to the embassy in lagos for further inquires....any one experienced this before? please i need useful informations.

meanwhile he has neva used the visa to travel but he has been to south africa n dubai so many occasion befor he got the usa. alone the line his kids school planned on summer holiday for parents, students, and some members of the school but they were all denied the canada visa.

would you advice he visits the embassy as requested no timing de just said visit or wud it be better if he stays away for now and apply for a schegen visa or uk just incase the revoke his visa so it wont affect his application

please experienced hands in the house please help us out and if u have had that experience please share the outcome pleeeeee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Will ask this one question, and implore you to be fair too. What is the percentage of intending immigrants amongst those refusals in this current Nigeria?

Should they just be granting us visas because we paid visa fees to them?

Unfortunately, i do not have the data to answer your question but clearly the % of successful applications for non immigrant visas have dropped significantly.

My point is....getting a US visa is more difficult than it used to be (I think everyone knows that already). Genuine applicants are being denied for various reasons including the reason you mentioned. Chances of getting a B1/B2 visa is slimmer than it was last year.

I am not asking applicants(genuine or fake) not to apply (is it my money?). I am only passing information based on my observations and i believe aside the usual requirements needed to get a visa, there is a deliberate policy to reduce the number of visas issued.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
I have come to realize too from experience that people who intend to migrate are MOST TIMES the ones that gets refused (we will not agree, but this is a solid observation of mine all the same, let's check our consciences). The ones with the necessary requirements and are not intent on migrating MOSTLY get this US visa.

Lolz,This one weak me.So,who come dey abuse visa?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
lex02:

his visa will likely be revoked when he goes to the embassy. 2 things must hv raised a red flag in the american visa system database.

1. the failed canadian visa attempyt -- they dont care/want to know the circumstances
2. suddenly reawakening to try to use a dormant 2yr visa.

if he can let him process his uk or schegen visa first, then he can then submit himself at the american embassy , so the visa can be physically revoked there grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
@lex02

Before revoking the visa, the US consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. A qualified attorney can help you through this step. However, if it is determined that you or a family member are unqualified to hold the previously issued visa, it will be revoked.

When revoking the visa, the officer will write or stamp “REVOKED” across the face of the visa; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa.

If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the US, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry.

It is important to note that occasionally visa revocations may occur without notice to the visa holder. Whether or not the visa holder gets actual notice, the revoked visa is no longer valid for travel to the US once the revocation is entered into the visa system

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
jj17cv:

@lex02

Before revoking the visa, the US consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. A qualified attorney can help you through this step. However, if it is determined that you or a family member are unqualified to hold the previously issued visa, it will be revoked.

When revoking the visa, the officer will write or stamp “REVOKED” across the face of the visa; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa.

If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the US, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry.

It is important to note that occasionally visa revocations may occur without notice to the visa holder. Whether or not the visa holder gets actual notice, the revoked visa is no longer valid for travel to the US once the revocation is entered into the visa system

thank you very much for this am most grateful but pls what do u think if...i advice him to apply for uk or schgen first then if he get it he can go to the embassy or maybe he shud takes all his document there, statement of account, landed documents, work papers and any other evidence to show his backings and he is been given a chance we neva can tell
fear again is what his visa is revoked no other 3rd world country might be able to grant him a visa.
Assuming he goes with the first options to apply for other country and wen he decides to take his passport to find out what the problem is and de as him why didnt he come all these while, will that not raise additional tension assuming de might want to reconsider.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=jj17cv post=71696168]
@lex02

thank you very much for this am most grateful but pls what do u think if...i advice him to apply for uk or schgen first then if he get it he can go to the embassy or maybe he shud takes all his document there, statement of account, landed documents, work papers and any other evidence to show his backings and he is been given a chance we neva can tell
fear again is what his visa is revoked no other 3rd world country might be able to grant him a visa.
Assuming he goes with the first options to apply for other country and wen he decides to take his passport to find out what the problem is and de as him why didnt he come all these while, will that not raise additional tension assuming de might want to reconsider.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2018

Malevonent:

his visa will likely be revoked when he goes to the embassy. 2 things must hv raised a red flag in the american visa system database.

1. the failed canadian visa attempyt -- they dont care/want to know the circumstances
2. suddenly reawakening to try to use a dormant 2yr visa.

if he can let him process his uk or schegen visa first, then he can then submit himself at the american embassy , so the visa can be physically revoked there grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HRprof: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
There is a recent policy on visa issuance . People who got visa for a particular purpose is expected to travel as stated on your application and for that purpose , if there any change of plan not to travel at that time there is possibility of visa revoke, it has happen to so many people we should take note of that.

With the issue of nigeria migrating to Canada, if you apply for Canada visa before coming to American embassy is a red flag.... my option

lex02:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
does he need appointment to get in to the embassy? thank you all for your response

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HRprof: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2018
lex02:
does he need appointment to get in to the embassy? thank you all for your response

I don't think he need appointment since he was informed to report to the embassy. He can send an email to the embassy or use a feedback on his appointment portal to notify them and he will get a reply ...My opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lex02: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
am grateful...thank you

HRprof:

I don't think he need appointment since he was informed to report to the embassy. He can send an email to the embassy or use a feedback on his appointment portal to notify them and he will get a reply ...My opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DebsMed: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

We hear you. But we wee kip "generating revenue for dem", donwori. Isit your "generation"? I can tell you for free that my immediate family members (who aren't citizens of somewhere else with "strong" passports but just Nigerians) all have this US visa, and there's nothing so peculiar than God and having the "know-how" of the process. Ties, genuine intentions and travel history keep counting wella!

I have come to realize too from experience that people who intend to migrate are MOST TIMES the ones that gets refused (we will not agree, but this is a solid observation of mine all the same, let's check our consciences). The ones with the necessary requirements and are not intent on migrating MOSTLY get this US visa. You can go on now and argue with your keyboard! Okay, bye....
My own contribution to this in support is will a bank manager with good travel history not get a US visa with his family normally? Now that the spirit of visa abuse has gotten hold of people in that cadre too? I'm of the view that our people have made things worse for us in the name of smartness. Bad!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bettyLad(f): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
followed this thread religiously and we have already applied for a family of 5, if I had gone through this posts earlier I would ve told my hubby to hold on so he won't spend his money, our interview date is 5th of December and we are applying as a family , family of 5. hubby has been denied twice and I have been denied once .we applied after our wedding 6years ago to spend the honeymoon in US but the didnt grant us .hubby applied alone to attend a conference last year but he still got denied despite having invitation letter .now we are applying as a family to spend the Christmas break .
hubby is self employed, stayed in UAE while I stay in Nig with the kids ,we hope to celebrate this Christmas in the US , please nairalander what are the chances of we getting the visa considering our previous denial ?how much is expecting of us to have in our bank account ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bettyLad(f): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
followed this thread religiously and we have already applied for a family of 5, if I had gone through this posts earlier I would ve told my hubby to hold on so he won't spend his money, our interview date is 5th of December and we are applying as a family , family of 5. hubby has been denied twice and I have been denied once .we applied after our wedding 6years ago to spend the honeymoon in US but the didnt grant us .hubby applied alone to attend a conference last year but he still got denied despite having invitation letter .now we are applying as a family to spend the Christmas break .
hubby is self employed, stayed in UAE while I stay in Nig with the kids ,we hope to celebrate this Christmas in the US , please nairalander what are the chances of we getting the visa considering our previous denial ?how much is expecting of us to have in our bank account ?we intend spending 9days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
DebsMed:

My own contribution to this in support is will a bank manager with good travel history not get a US visa with his family normally? Now that the spirit of visa abuse has gotten hold of people in that cadre too? I'm of the view that our people have made things worse for us in the name of smartness. Bad!
Nwanne!
I have heard of oil company workers ( not contract o!)
Running away with family you deh yarn banker.
This country red o! People no get conscience again Aswear! shocked cry

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
This is serious oil workers chai he won go suffer leave better job go wash plate and security job for another country

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ediku208: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
When would you guys make a forum on K1 visa .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
ediku208:
When would you guys make a forum on K1 visa .

Go ahead, make one, build it. We will also be coming around once you start it....

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DebsMed: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne!
I have heard of oil company workers ( not contract o!)
Running away with family you deh yarn banker.
This country red o! People no get conscience again Aswear! shocked cry

Chai, we are seeing them all. How did we get here oooo cry? Good evening ma

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
DebsMed:

Chai, we are seeing them all. How did we get here oooo cry? Good evening ma

Lol!...We learnt that most of them are migrating permanently to live abroad with their families due to security concerns undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibukunpops(f): 12:10am On Oct 02, 2018
I wont advise you to proceed with the application, the receipt is valid for one year, you can always cancel the appointment and use it later.

The embassy is hot right now, people that have been travelling to the US for years have been denied lately, how much more of your case that you had a previous denial and now the ENTIRE family wants to apply.

This is the bitter truth, its your decision to make though.

bettyLad:
hubby is self employed, stayed in UAE while I stay in Nig with the kids ,we hope to celebrate this Christmas in the US , please nairalander what are the chances of we getting the visa considering our previous denial ?how much is expecting of us to have in our bank account ?we intend spending 9days

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 3:56am On Oct 02, 2018
Hello my people. Happy independence. God bless Nigeria. I want to travel with my child for a relative's decoration ceremony. I have a job that earns me 150k monthly. Haven't travelled out in 4 years. Being refused twice, though i was told i can apply again. I have been filed for. Please kindly advise me on what to do.

Gurus in the house, kindly respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.