Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177185 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2018
It is a dicey one really. Have him check himself because for the visa to have been revoked, the consulate probably found some inconsistencies in his info -coulda be during the Canadian visa application process. Now if the US visa has been flagged, physical revocation stamp or not, the Schengen or UK consulates would see the record no thanks to e-passport. If he has some funds to spare, he could give it a shot and apply for the any of them. Who knows, it may not be that serious.

lex02:

thank you very much for this am most grateful but pls what do u think if...i advice him to apply for uk or schgen first then if he get it he can go to the embassy or maybe he shud takes all his document there, statement of account, landed documents, work papers and any other evidence to show his backings and he is been given a chance we neva can tell
fear again is what his visa is revoked no other 3rd world country might be able to grant him a visa.
Assuming he goes with the first options to apply for other country and wen he decides to take his passport to find out what the problem is and de as him why didnt he come all these while, will that not raise additional tension assuming de might want to reconsider.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
OmoBendel24:

We hear you. But we wee kip "generating revenue for dem", donwori. Isit your "generation"? I can tell you for free that my immediate family members (who aren't citizens of somewhere else with "strong" passports but just Nigerians) all have this US visa, and there's nothing so peculiar than God and having the "know-how" of the process. Ties, genuine intentions and travel history keep counting wella!

I have come to realize too from experience that people who intend to migrate are MOST TIMES the ones that gets refused (we will not agree, but this is a solid observation of mine all the same, let's check our consciences). The ones with the necessary requirements and are not intent on migrating MOSTLY get this US visa. You can go on now and argue with your keyboard! Okay, bye....

You got it spot on. People see the US visa as a very high value document which I still don’t understand . Nigerians go in and out of USA everyday .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
lex02:
hello every one, please we have a situation....have anyone ever heard of this

my sisters husband left for usa last week monday, he has a 2years tourist visa which will expire in january 2019. he has been busy at work and decided to visit last week.
after checking in about to board his plane he was asked to step aside that de(the airline) received a mail that he should not be allowed to travel that he should report to the embassy in lagos for further inquires....any one experienced this before? please i need useful informations.

meanwhile he has neva used the visa to travel but he has been to south africa n dubai so many occasion befor he got the usa. alone the line his kids school planned on summer holiday for parents, students, and some members of the school but they were all denied the canada visa.
since his visa was getting near he dcided to rush to america.

would you advice he visits the embassy as requested no timing de just said visit or wud it be better if he stays away for now and apply for a schegen visa or uk just incase the revoke his visa so it wont affect his application

please experienced hands in the house please help us out and if u have had that experience please share the outcome pleeeeee

His visa will most likely have been revoked . They are only inviting him to physically place a revoked placeholder on the visa page . May be they got information that he was goin abuse his visa or
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kennyfem(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Lies, my aunt who is well traveled and has properties in Nigeria was refused recently. People should stop dashing these US embassy folks money, they are not giving visas like beforej

Yes you are right. They are doing what they like. How will I have a mother in US and I can't attend her birthday party. Its unfair and I have good Job here in nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kennyfem(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
OmoBendel24:

We hear you. But we wee kip "generating revenue for dem", donwori. Isit your "generation"? I can tell you for free that my immediate family members (who aren't citizens of somewhere else with "strong" passports but just Nigerians) all have this US visa, and there's nothing so peculiar than God and having the "know-how" of the process. Ties, genuine intentions and travel history keep counting wella!

I have come to realize too from experience that people who intend to migrate are MOST TIMES the ones that gets refused (we will not agree, but this is a solid observation of mine all the same, let's check our consciences). The ones with the necessary requirements and are not intent on migrating MOSTLY get this US visa. You can go on now and argue with your keyboard! Okay, bye....
big lies

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2018
kennyfem:

Yes you are right. They are doing what they like. How will I have a mother in US and I can't attend her birthday party. Its unfair and I have good Job here in nigeria

It's real sad. After paying visa fees it seems they no longer ask much questions again, she said they didn't even ask her for any documents just refused her and this is a woman who spent 2weeks during her previous visit, still going for same 2 weeks to visit her daughter
. She said as she mentioned New York, the VO just handed her blue letter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beespice: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Did dropbox renewal (family of 4) 2nd week in September and visa renewed.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
beespice:
Did dropbox renewal (family of 4) 2nd week in September and visa renewed.

Good one!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jason02: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
fcisca:
It is a dicey one really. Have him check himself because for the visa to have been revoked, the consulate probably found some inconsistencies in his info -coulda be during the Canadian visa application process. Now if the US visa has been flagged, physical revocation stamp or not, the Schengen or UK consulates would see the record no thanks to e-passport. If he has some funds to spare, he could give it a shot and apply for the any of them. Who knows, it may not be that serious.

thank you...he has visited the embassy today and the visa was revoked, reasons because he didnt travel at the time he filled in his application, that he can reapply if he want to. but his mind is free better than using a flagged visa to try other countries.

what do u advice for his uk apllication, should his wife and maybe 1 child apply first or himself and his wife can apply and take the risk putting it in mind de might deny him due to the revoke visa but de need to build a good profile before they reapply?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jason02: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
follow up on the usa visa
visa have been revoked. please just a quick lesson from this if u happen to have a us visa please use it within 90days it getter harder by the day, laws are changing, thanks to all that responded

pls anyone with uk visa application info can help with this question

what do u advice for his uk apllication, should his wife and maybe 1 child apply first or himself and his wife can apply and take the risk putting it in mind de might deny him due to the revoke visa but de need to build a good profile before they reapply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jason02: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
thank you visa revoked today

abnot:

His visa will most likely have been revoked . They are only inviting him to physically place a revoked placeholder on the visa page . May be they got information that he was goin abuse his visa or
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Justina123: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
What is the chances of getting a U.S visa if you get admission to a college
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
kennyfem:

Lolz! You have a mother in the US, that makes your tie to the US solid na. You must go extra to prove your "bigboyrity"/"biggirlrity" before you can receive a US visa of your own na. Money must not be your problem, be married, have kids, be well travelled, and ensure you do not "match line" during your interview.

Hopefully your mum didn't break no visa rule previously, and has not invited someone that now overstayed too whether by omission or commission....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
kennyfem:
big lies

Conscience mahn, conscience, search your conscience!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
jason02:

thank you...he has visited the embassy today and the visa was revoked, reasons because he didnt travel at the time he filled in his application, that he can reapply if he want to. but his mind is free better than using a flagged visa to try other countries.

Wow. That's a new one.

I know someone that travelled 7 months after his original travel time although for the same event and there was no issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by castiello(m): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
hello guys, i have applied for american visa for about 3 times now the last time was with my family, we are 4 in numbers am in my mid 30's we wanted to go for Christmas vacation our interview was 10 December the V.O ask why traveling this month when i know fare will be high and i said i got discounted booking but he refuse that was in 2017, now i want to apply alone for a 7 day course, i have travel to both Dubai and Russia for world-cup since after the last refusal making my travel history 5 countries my question is whats my chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ashmark(m): 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
Now am feeling scared of going for my interview with all this rejection news up and down.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ediku208: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Go ahead, make one, build it. We will also be coming around once you start it....

No wahala.....I gonna start it next year ...after my interview. Thanks �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SamReinvented: 2:19am On Oct 03, 2018
Hello good people!

Does anyone know the earliest appointment date in Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:23am On Oct 03, 2018
jason02:
follow up on the usa visa
visa have been revoked. please just a quick lesson from this if u happen to have a us visa please use it within 90days it getter harder by the day, laws are changing, thanks to all that responded

pls anyone with uk visa application info can help with this question

renewed my visa via dropbox around March,2018 and traveled to U.S in Sept.... I think you need to use your first visa as at when stated especially if it's a business visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SamReinvented: 4:37am On Oct 03, 2018
SamReinvented:
Hello good people!

Does anyone know the earliest appointment date in Abuja?

Okay, just figured out how to check it online; December 3.

I have one more question, after securing the available date, is it possible to get a closer date for Abuja if I monitor the portal? I'm aware it is possible with Lagos appointments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntyce(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2018
sharpman1:

Wow. That's a new one.

I know someone that travelled 7 months after his original travel time although for the same event and there was no issue.

Most likely he informed he was going for a conference or seminar...
Since date as elapsed, why does he need to go again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2018
ntyce:

Most likely he informed he was going for a conference or seminar...
Since date as elapsed, why does he need to go again.

Same situation.

Stated he was attending a particular training on a particular date. Did not attend that one but went for the next run of the same training about 7 months later.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Everrose2007: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2018
I want to purchase flight ticket to Dubai online which travel agent or website is genuine for this purpose. I see Travelstart ,wakanow and e dreams. Which one is genuine please .your answers are highly appreciated .thanks in advanced
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
Kbamby:
Good day my fellow Nairalander. This is my 1st time of posting here, though I bumped on this forum through google in 2015. Then I was preparing my wife to go and give birth in the US. I couldn't get appointment for her before her due date so we forfeited the #32,000 visa fee we paid and saved the #2million we budgeted for the project.
Fast forward to 2018, I paid another Visa fee for myself and book an appointment for July 2018.
On the the day, I got to the US Lagos Embassy by 7:30(my appointment time) but ended up joining the 10am batch. I went through all the necessary procedures and eventually queue for the interview. I usually have this superstitious believe of avoiding women conducting interview for me. So my prayers was to be interviewed by a man. But alas when it was my turn I realised a white lady was going to interview me. I had 4 people in front of me and under 10 minutes she had refused all of them. ( the fastest was the lady before me -less than a minute, she was asked her destination 3 times but no response -though she was responding but she was not audible at all, due to fear). Then I heard Next! I move confidently to her cubicle.
Below is the excerpt:
Me: good morning ma.
Vo: morning... your passport
Me: handed it over
Vo: where are u traveling to in the US?
Me: Florida. Orlando Florida
Vo: why?
Me: for vacation & to check out so and so company( I mentioned 2 top companies in Orlando that do same biz I do in Nigeria) to see if we can do one or two things together
Vo: what do you mean by one or two things?
Me: I explained
....:Vo typing....
Vo: you worked for...(she mentioned my company)
Me: yes. I explain the company has a subsidiary and what each company does.
Vo: so which of the company do you work for?
Me: I owned both companies.
.......Vo continued typing....
Vo: the company u want to visit in Orlando, do u want to buy equipment from them?
Me: yes if I see any one I like.
......vo continue typing.....
Vo: how many staff do u have?
Me: 32 consisting of management staff, supervisors and operatives.
......vo typing......
Vo: are you married?
Me: yes with a son and I'm expecting another baby soon.
Vosadpicked up my passport from her table and flipped through )
Have you traveled before?
Me: yes to SA, Swaziland and Kenya.
Vo: continue typing for what looks like eternity and me I just rested on the cubicle for support... meanwhile people were just been refused left and right..
She paused and looked left and right...:the blue paper was at the right hand and white at the left hand...and picked the white paper and circle the address to pick up my visa. I wasn't hearing what she was saying cause I was overjoyed in my heart...just pick up the paper and thanked her.

This is my first time and I have always been praying that I should get the visa at my first attempt and God answered.

My advice are:
*One should followed this Nairaland properly, read through and digest.
*be organised and prepared.
*Dress well
*Be confident and polite
*and lastly be honest especially with your occupation.

Thank you.
does nairaland gives visa? you are richer than that VO , that is called respect . i haven't seem rich men fighting or carrying over visa but LADYG believe more in showing document and reading on nairaland than making money . they know class . congratulation !!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
AZUH:
does nairaland gives visa? you are richer than that VO , that is called respect . i haven't seem rich men fighting or carrying over visa but LADYG believe more in showing document and reading on nairaland than making money . they know class . congratulation !!

Does this make sense?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
seyewest:

Does this make sense?
NO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
GUYS! I HAVE AN EXAM TO WRITE IN THE STATE NEXT YEAR. I HOPE TO SCHEDULE IT FOR APRIL.
IS IT TOO EARLY TO START APPLYING FOR B1/B2 VISA NOW?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Osahon7:
GUYS! I HAVE AN EXAM TO WRITE IN THE STATE NEXT YEAR. I HOPE TO SCHEDULE IT FOR APRIL.
IS IT TOO EARLY TO START APPLYING FOR B1/B2 VISA NOW?

When next year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
seyewest:

When next year
April or May Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abbey503(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
You have said it all.....
AZUH:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abbey503(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
I got my 2years visiting visa today without stress at window 6, it was awesome thanks to everyone here..... Am the silent reader

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.