Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1178757 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by omonla10(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2018
I'm in D bank now and I overheard someone claiming he knows insiders in D us Embassy.. Is this possible cos the travel agent sure has enough testimonies to validate his claim. He's even paying for tickets on behalf of 3 clients.. I want my well informed nairalanders to shed more light on this.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2018
As long as its run by human beings, there will always be kwarupshun, but these things are expensive, so why not do it the right way and just spend 64,000 naira as visa fee only.

omonla10:
I'm in D bank now and I overheard someone claiming he knows insiders in D us Embassy.. Is this possible cos the travel agent sure has enough testimonies to validate his claim. He's even paying for tickets on behalf of 3 clients.. I want my well informed nairalanders to shed more light on this.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 10:09am On Jan 08, 2018
kristinbaby:

Fill a new form and explain the reason why you were previously refused US visa.
thanks.. But unfortunately no reason whatsoever for the earlier refusal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
ent for my interview on the 18th of December, we are family of four,me,my wife and two kids.
Me:good morning ma
Vo:good morning
Vo:passports pls
Me:I gave it to her
Vo:why are you going to US
Me:for our first family vacation
Vo:what do you do
Me:I work with bla bla bla as bla bla bla
Vo:you said you work with access bank
Me:No,I work with bla bla bla
Vo:OK,and she pronounced the name of my company wrongly and I corrected her again
Vo:where will you be visiting in US
Me:Orlando Florida
Vo:where wish location will you like to visit in Orlando
Me:Disney world
Vo:why Disney world
Me:Disney world is a very friendly environment for family vacation and this is Xmas period there would be alot of activities all around the corner,so we will have a lot to see.
Vo:who is paying for the trip
Me:am paying for the trip
And over to my wife
Her:I work with bla bla bla bla as a lawyer
Vo:what kind of cases do you handle
Her:she told her
Vo: Have you traveled before
Her:No
Vo: unfortunately I won't be approving your visa you can apply at anytime
Me: I was very surprised I thought we got it,I just put myself together and say thank you ma

It was that African american lady in window 9 some people have been talking about her,before our turn she was even playing with my kids waving her hands to them.my 5 yrs old boy was even answering some question while we were being interviewed,the lady seems to be very friendly.

pls guru's in the house i need your advice ,where did i get it wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
I don't understand what happened again!

my USA visa was refused today. Myself, wife and 2 kids

VO, Passport please?
We gave him...

VO, Where are you going to see in Florida

Ans: My uncle, he came for our wedding 2013 and we wish to visit him

VO, typing.....

VO, for how long are you saying?
Ans: 10 days

VO: where have you traveled to in the past

Ans: I said, I have visited SA in June 16, Benin in Dec 16 & myself and my wife visited Dubai Nov 17 for our wedding anniversary

VO: where are you working sir?
Ans: I said blah blah blah blah
My wife: she responded

VO: How many kids do you have?
Both said 2

The next thing na blue paper .... kilode? I asked why are refusing us?

He said everything is stated in the paper!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
[sub][/sub]

Build up Family travel history

oludharey:
ent for my interview on the 18th of December, we are family of four,me,my wife and two kids.
Me:good morning ma
Vo:good morning
Vo:passports pls
Me:I gave it to her
Vo:why are you going to US
Me:for our first family vacation
Me:I work with bla bla bla as bla bla bla
Vo:you said you work with access bank
Me:No,I work with bla bla bla
Vo:OK,and she pronounced the name of my company wrongly and I corrected her again
Vo:where will you be visiting in US
Me:Orlando Florida
Vo:where wish location will you like to visit in Orlando
Me:Disney world
Vo:why Disney world
Me:Disney world is a very friendly environment for family vacation and this is Xmas period there would be alot of activities all around the corner,so we will have a lot to see.
Vo:who is paying for the trip
Me:am paying for the trip
And over to my wife
Her:I work with bla bla bla bla as a lawyer
Vo:what kind of cases do you handle
Her:she told her
Vo: Have you traveled before
Her:No
Vo: unfortunately I won't be approving your visa you can apply at anytime
Me: I was very surprised I thought we got it,I just put myself together and say thank you ma

It was that African american lady in window 9 some people have been talking about her,before our turn she was even playing with my kids waving her hands to them.my 5 yrs old boy was even answering some question while we were being interviewed,the lady seems to be very friendly.

pls guru's in the house i need your advice ,where did i get it wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2018
max1981:

As far as I know you have good enough travel history and I see no reason for the refusal. Don't allow this get to you... take your time to re-apply again maybe in the next 3 months and if possible travel with your family for vacation.
N.B. Hope you've not misrepresented in your past application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jnrbona: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good day house. So I have been a silent reader on here for a while and I did fill my DS 160 form and every other thing myself. I was scheduled for 8am today Lagos 8th Jan and my transcript went like this.

Vo: Good morning
Me: hi, Good morning
Vo: where exactly are you going to in the US?
Me: Houston, Texas
Vo: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm on leave, so I'm going on a vacation, visit family members in Houston and Dallas,then attend a friends wedding. I intend visiting the Toyota center because I am a die hard (Houston rockets) fan so I plan on watching a game if possible.
Vo: Where do you work?
Me: I am a lawyer,but I work for the government (DPR)
Vo: when were you called to bar?
Me:2012
Vo: Describe your role/duties at work
Me: I work in the legal services dept. I deal with attestation of legal paper work, sometimes I do litigation, bla bla bla. (I wasn't really explanatory) but I said quite alot I know she didn't understand. Lol
Vo: What type of legal problems do they have in such offices?
Me: (I blabbed throughout this part because I was getting nervous) but I answered anyway.
Vo: how long have you been working?
Me: 3 years...4 this year
Vo: I see you haven't been out of the country
Me: Yeah I have been very busy at work trying to cement my place,besides I just finished my masters in Unilag.
Vo: You are not married
Me: Smiles...I am very very single.
Vo: Did you say very very? (At this point she was smiling)
Me: smiles again... Yes! VERY VERY!
Vo: Congrats bla bla bla picknp your passport bla bla bla.

So basically that's all I can remember, thanks alot for all your contributions. It's Gods grace really. Majority of the people around me with better circumstances (in my opinion) didn't get it. It's my first time applying and I got it. Not married, no travel history, nothing!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello everyone. pls I need ur advice.I applied last november for visiting visa which was denied but d VO didnt say what the reason was, just said sorry unfortunately u r not eligible to ravel to d US this time u can try again anytime n handed over the blue papper.. So am reapplying again now but with my retired 67yr old mum on B2 medical as am now pregnant. On the d-160 form I was asked d reason for d first denial n i just put 'Not Eligible'
as i wasnt fully informed wt d reason was. Does that sound good? And mum is retired n a widow not sure that sounds like she has got ties to her country. Pls what's our chances of getting the visa? Thanks n God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
seyewest:

As far as I know you have good enough travel history and I see no reason for the refusal. Don't allow this get to you... take your time to re-apply again maybe in the next 3 months and if possible travel with your family for vacation.
N.B. Hope you've not misrepresented in your past application?

@seyewest are you asking if I have applied before this present one? if yes... I applied in 2016 for a conference n was refused too..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
1. I think it may have to do with previous applications (have you applied before?)
2. I think it might also be your finances.
3. I think it has to do with purpose of trip.
3. I think it might have to do with the current situation at the place you intend to travel i.e. is it snowing in the location etc.

Like I said "I think" not "I know".
I am just stating my opinion here.

max1981:

VO, Passport please?
We gave him...

VO, typing.....

Ans: I said, I have visited SA in June 16, Benin in Dec 16 & myself and my wife visited Dubai Nov 17 for our wedding anniversary

Both said 2

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
1. While no one knows your chances. What is the purpose of applying with your mum? is it to improve your chances, if so, no need to do so. If you get the visa, it will be easy for her to get the visa too. But if you go along with her, it would be awkward for her to get the visa, and not you...
I think going with your mum, will just increase scrutiny.
2. When last did you apply? hope its more than 9 months?
3. You can just put "denied due to 241b." since you are not told the reason.

tootush:
Hello everyone. pls I need ur advice.I applied last november for visiting visa which was denied but d VO didnt say what the reason was, just said sorry unfortunately u r not eligible to ravel to d US this time u can try again anytime n handed over the blue papper.. So am reapplying again now but with my retired 67yr old mum on B2 medical as am now pregnant. On the d-160 form I was asked d reason for d first denial n i just put 'Not Eligible'
as i wasnt fully informed wt d reason was. Does that sound good? And mum is retired n a widow not sure that sounds like she has got ties to her country. Pls what's our chances of getting the visa? Thanks n God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=jnrbona post=64004481]Good day house. So I have been a silent reader on here for a while and I did fill my DS 160 form and every other thing myself. I was scheduled for 8am today Lagos 8th Jan and my transcript went like this.

Me: I'm on leave, so I'm going on a vacation, visit family members in Houston and Dallas,then attend a friends wedding. I intend visiting the Toyota center because I am a die hard (Houston rockets) fan so I plan on watching a game if possible.

Congrats grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
1. While no one knows your chances. What is the purpose of applying with your mum? is it to improve your chances, if so, no need to do so. If you get the visa, it will be easy for her to get the visa too. But if you go along with her, it would be awkward for her to get the visa, and not you...
I think going with your mum, will just increase scrutiny.
2. When last did you apply? hope its more than 9 months?
3. You can just put "denied due to 241b." since you are not told the reason.

Hi.Thanks for ur reply...Am applying with mum as I will need her when the baby arrives n no is not up to 9months. i was just last november n d next available appointment is in feb which makes it just over 3 monhs ago
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
TheCongo2:

When are you going back? We just want to make sure you aren't overstaying grin

as if we were immigration agents[s]

grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
omonla10:

Nothing like insiders, it doesn't exist. But outsiders that tells you to staple your passport photo and arrange your documents for a fee and expensive photociping grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
max1981:

@seyewest are you asking if I have applied before this present one? if yes... I applied in 2016 for a conference n was refused too..

Can you go through the form you filled for the previous refusal and the latest one... check for discrepancies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
omonla10:

To even have/know an insider (Info) is an offense and it's called Espionage which sometimes carries death penalty or lifetime in jail because it's like spying on U.S... imagine if someone got a visa through that means and they got to know about it.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
Gud day house, pls I need Ur advise, I gave an agent to process and submit my application for us visa.. he made a mistake in filling.. choose another state and city for the issuance if my passport and interview date is 2weeks to this time and I got to knw if this today... what am I going to do?

Also, d details of the person invited me is not showing on my ds-160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
jnrbona:
Good day house. So I have been a silent reader on here for a while and I did fill my DS 160 form and every other thing myself. I was scheduled for 8am today Lagos 8th Jan and my transcript went like this.

Me: I work in the legal services dept. I deal with attestation of legal paper work, sometimes I do litigation, bla bla bla. (I wasn't really explanatory) but I said quite alot I know she didn't understand. Lol
Vo: What type of legal problems do they have in such offices?
Me: (I blabbed throughout this part because I was getting nervous) but I answered anyway.
Vo: how long have you been working?
Me: 3 years...4 this year
Vo: I see you haven't been out of the country
Me: Yeah I have been very busy at work trying to cement my place,besides I just finished my masters in Unilag.
Vo: You are not married
Me: Smiles...I am very very single.
Vo: Did you say very very? (At this point she was smiling)
Me: smiles again... Yes! VERY VERY!
Vo: Congrats bla bla bla picknp your passport bla bla bla.

So basically that's all I can remember, thanks alot for all your contributions. It's Gods grace really. Majority of the people around me with better circumstances (in my opinion) didn't get it. It's my first time applying and I got it. Not married, no travel history, nothing!

Congrats bro..this is a very perfect example for those that think if u are single or have no Travel history. You won't be given a visa.. There are other ways to show ties..let's b confident..we all shall b a success..this year is the year of breakthrough

✅✅

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
GO AND MEET THE AGENT THAT FILLED THE FORM FOR YOU. HE SHOULD CORRECT IT FOR YOU.

diddypearl:
Gud day house, pls I need Ur advise, I gave an agent to process and submit my application for us visa.. he made a mistake in filling.. choose another state and city for the issuance if my passport and interview date is 2weeks to this time and I got to knw if this today... what am I going to do?

Also, d details of the person invited me is not showing on my ds-160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
GO AND MEET THE AGENT THAT FILLED THE FORM FOR YOU. HE SHOULD CORRECT IT FOR YOU.

Perfect answer.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vanod: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good evening house,

Please i filled in my DS-160 form that i will be traveling January 29, and my interview date is 22 January. hope is not too prompt. I am asking if that would raise issues? please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Roses1(f): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
My pple, thank u so much for the advice you all gave me on this case, it was very helpful, my sister had to remake appointment for her daughter, they are going back to the embassy for the interview in 2wks. But iam a lil worried, has anyone seen this kind of situation before? Do u think they will ask the 5year old questions, or interview her mother all over again?

Roses1:
Hi everyone, pls I need a lil help. My sister applied for a us visa with her 5years old daughter, but the agent who help them to fill the form told them that they don't need to fill in the child details, that it will be done at the embassy. So when they got to the interview she leaned that even a day old must have their own appointment letter. Anyways, they wrote tb on her document (daughter's own), my sister went in and got her own visa. Now they have reapplied for the child, without having to pay another fees, same fees was stil valid. But the thing is, i dnt understand what that tb means, plus, Will they let her accompany her baby in for the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
omonla10:

just apply yourself. prepare for the interview and hope for the best. No one can help you in the American Embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vanod: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good evening house, please help a brother.

Please i filled in my DS-160 form that i will be traveling January 29, and my interview date is 22 January. hope is not too prompt. I am asking if that would raise issues? please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
eyinola:
thanks.. But unfortunately no reason whatsoever for the earlier refusal

There is always a reason for refusal. Check the refusal paper given to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
vanod:
Good evening house, please help a brother.

It will not raise issues neither will it count against you.

However it's always advisable to book ahead of your scheduled travel. This is because the three days period for stamping of visa, if interview is successful, is not cast on stone. I've seen scenarios where it took almost a month to issue a visa to someone after he had a successful interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vanod: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
LegitBachelor:
It will not raise issues neither will it count against you.

However it's always advisable to book ahead of your scheduled travel. This is because the three days period for stamping of visa, if interview is successful, is not cast on stone. I've seen scenarios where it took almost a month to issue a visa to someone after he had a successful interview.

Thank you brother, well noted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
max1981:

VO, Passport please?
We gave him...

VO, typing.....

Both said 2

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by solveabode(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2018
solveabode:
good day all.

my company is sending me to the US for an exhibition; can I use the opportunity to apply for B2 for my wife and son? if yes, would my wife need invite as well?

Thanking you guyz for your quick response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wunmi38: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2018
wunmi38:
Good day all I want to apply for drop box do I need to fill Ds 160 too and how do I go about it existing visa to expire April and we intend to travel for family vacation just like we did in 2017 in July dis year
House am still expecting the response on my question please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.