Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1175473 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JGreg(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
mega big thanks for those tips 4,5,7 comes in handy never gave it a thought I have my interview coming in few weeks time Jan 29th 2018

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bunmikay(f): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
hello everyone, am currently in the UK doing my masters. i plan to travel to the US to visit my sister during my school break. pls anyone know what the process is.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
hayzee545:
I have been an ardent follower of this thread, and I really appreciate the work you guys are doing. I want to seek a travel advice and I hope some people will be able to advice me appropriately. Recently, I applied for a Canadian study permit ,I was rejected, so this time I don't want to encounter any rejection at another embassy.
By July I intend to travel to US for a Yoruba social cultural event with my dad who is a local government chairman in the capacity of a personal assistant. I have been his PA since Sept 2017, and my pay is little above 100k. Though,not one of the speaker, my dad plans to meet some of his local govt indigene at the sideline of the event.
My question is that hope it is not a red flag if I emphasis that he is my father cum boss.
Please, the above question may sound dumb but I just want to another avoidable rejection for now, I believe it's better for me not to apply now and be patient till when I can confidently say I'm eligible.
N.B :No travel history,married
Erm sir/ma. I am not in the habit of doing this but I'm bored today
I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't apply yet.
1. Yoruba cultural summit. Erm you have no discernible function there
2. Works as PA for dad. Not a strong tie. Your boss is not independent and cannot be trusted with details #opinion. Don't get upset.
3. No travel history....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sugarian: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good day ladyG and the house

My brother who is a US citizen has invited I and my wife to the US and would take car of our travel expenses. Our take home salary monthly from our place of work here in naija is under a 100k each (I and my wife) it used to be above but was cut down dues to recession then and has not been increased ever since. We work in different establishment anyway.

My question is what are our chances of getting a visa and any other advice u would give in this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Sugarian:
Good day ladyG and the house

My brother who is a US citizen has invited I and my wife to the US and would take car of our travel expenses. Our take home salary monthly from our place of work here in naija is under a 100k each (I and my wife) it used to be above but was cut down dues to recession then and has not been increased ever since. We work in different establishment anyway.

My question is what are our chances of getting a visa and any other advice u would give in this

What if your brother is unable to sponsor your trip will you still be able to travel?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pappybarry(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello Everyone. I want to first start by appreciating everyone who has sincerely contributed to this tread for I know the advice given here has gone as far as changing lives for the better.

I want to travel to the US and I need help!
I have never traveled outside the shores of the country so I don't have any experience whatsoever.
I'm a graduate (25yrs) with no paycheck but I'm into digital marketing.
I've got a lady friend in Kentucky who has offered to send an invite / convince an employer to send a letter of employment. The company is in Oklahoma but she doesn't live there so I'd have to sort my accommodation issue if I apply based on the employment proposal.

My questions are.....
Do I apply for an Immigrant visa or Non immigrant Visa?
Do I stand a chance considering my family would be sponsoring the trip?
In fact, I'm clueless as to going about the whole thing. People, I need you guys to help advice me on what type of visa best suit my situation.

All questions would be entertained, I'm looking forward.. Thanks Fam!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:
Hello Everyone. I want to first start by appreciating everyone who has sincerely contributed to this tread for I know the advice given here has gone as far as changing lives for the better.

I have never traveled outside the shores of the country so I don't have any experience whatsoever.
I've got a lady friend in Kentucky who has offered to send an invite / convince an employer to send a letter of employment. The company is in Oklahoma but she doesn't live there so I'd have to sort my accommodation issue if I apply based on the employment proposal.

My questions are.....
In fact, I'm clueless as to going about the whole thing. People, I need you guys to help advice me on what type of visa best suit my situation.

You will need an Immigrant Visa... I think there's an immigrant visa thread on Nairaland if you check very well and it's handle by the U.S Embassy so you have nothing to worry about.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:

My questions are.....

Well regarding your issue..its an immigrant visa u are to aplly for (employment visa) this is a non immigrant visa thred but I will give u a little clue..first,to get a registered company to send u an invite is not so easy..and finally when u get..and u try to process ur visa..it would be so hard to convince the v.o the position u r going to occupy cannot be occupied by a u.s citizen or a lpr ..they believe there are still employment individuals in u.s. only if u have extra ordinary talents or u have a very good qualification like u studied medicine.. Nursing ..and co . all the same I wish u best of luck.. Get ur priorities right. Try as much to get the employers letter and file for an employment visa.Good luck.. Success is urs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pappybarry(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mayorr89:

Well regarding your issue..its an immigrant visa u are to aplly for (employment visa) this is a non immigrant visa thred but I will give u a little clue..first,to get a registered company to send u an invite is not so easy..and finally when u get..and u try to process ur visa..it would be so hard to convince the v.o the position u r going to occupy cannot be occupied by a u.s citizen or a lpr ..they believe there are still employment individuals in u.s. only if u have extra ordinary talents or u have a very good qualification like u studied medicine.. Nursing ..and co . all the same I wish u best of luck.. Get ur priorities right. Try as much to get the employers letter and file for an employment visa.Good luck.. Success is urs

To be honest, the employment I'm being offered doesn't need any professional expertise, so I guess it would be urealistic of me to follow through as you've brought that to my notice.
I'd be grateful if you could advise me on steps I have to take with the NIV since thats a more realistic option. I don't intend using an agent so I'll need all the information I could possibly get. Blessings..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:

To be honest, the employment I'm being offered doesn't need any professional expertise, so I guess it would be urealistic of me to follow through as you've brought that to my notice.
I'd be grateful if you could advise me on steps I have to take with the NIV since thats a more realistic option. I don't intend using an agent so I'll need all the information I could possibly get. Blessings..

Bruv..if it requires no professional expertise like u said..then its not guaranteed.. Employment can b gotten at a snap for those positions by citizens..

Besides what's ur aim of travelling to u.s remember NIV are for people who visit u.s for a particular reason and must come back as soon as they done with their motive not for people with ulterior motives.so do u just want to visit ur female Friend and come back or wat..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pappybarry(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mayorr89:

Bruv..if it requires no professional expertise like u said..then its not guaranteed.. Employment can b gotten at a snap for those positions by citizens..

Besides what's ur aim of travelling to u.s remember NIV are for people who visit u.s for a particular reason and must come back as soon as they done with their motive not for people with ulterior motives.so do u just want to visit ur female Friend and come back or wat..

I'll like to visit then. But is there a possibility I could extend my stay legally? Maybe by applying for a short term program or something
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:

I'll like to visit then. But is there a possibility I could extend my stay legally? Maybe by applying for a short term program or something
That is illegal...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:

grin

Brother why do you want to run away?

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pappybarry(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
thegreengooner:

grin

Lol I wish there wasn't a good enough reason not to man. I'm looking for fresh opportunities man smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pappybarry(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
seyewest:

That is illegal...
Oh really?? I'm not looking to act in any illegal way. I pride myself as being honest. I am only seeking the most probable means of getting a livelihood in the States and I want to know my options. I had to do a couple findings in the last hour and it seems this is possible under the law, but subject to some conditions.
I just need as much help as I can get from you guy because I think I can find useful advice that can better my chances of getting a visa application approved for the purpose I've stated earlier.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
madamvisa:

I will contact you only if my brother seyewest gives me permission to do so grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
Madamvisa kindly respect your self and your trade. Accredited agent's buy marketing space. You now want to come and ply your market free?

@congo s'il vous plait, do not quote these kind of posts.
Merci infiniment!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
thegreengooner:

grin

Heyyyyyy greengoner cheesy
Kinda missed you tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
kaylonda:

When she heard I was single as well my interview was over. Being single/married is a choice. I would never misrepresent that I am married just to get a visa
A young girl cried because she was denied.
Pastors in suits as well were denied.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Madamvisa kindly respect your self and your trade. Accredited agent's buy marketing space. You now want to come and ply your market free?

@congo s'il vous plait, do not quote these kind of posts.
Merci infiniment!

Ok, I have remove the message under quote
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shawnmich: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello house.... I really love this forum.... And am pleased to ask few questions.
I am currently residing and working in Dubai, last year i applied for my master program at Lincoln University in the united state, i came to Nigeria to apply for my student visa but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. I returned to Dubai last year few days after. By march, i will get engaged and do my wedding ceremony but one of my family in united state plan to invite me and my wife after our wedding ceremony.
I want to confirm whether this wont affect my visa application since i went for my student visa interview last year which was unsuccessful and this year i want to go on invitation, can you please advice me whether there is a chance of getting visa with my wife or not.?
Your immediate response will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
shawnmich:
Hello house.... I really love this forum.... And am pleased to ask few questions.
I am currently residing and working in Dubai, last year i applied for my master program at Lincoln University in the united state, i came to Nigeria to apply for my student visa but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. I returned to Dubai last year few days after. By march, i will get engaged and do my wedding ceremony but one of my family in united state plan to invite me and my wife after our wedding ceremony.
I want to confirm whether this wont affect my visa application since i went for my student visa interview last year which was unsuccessful and this year i want to go on invitation, can you please advice me whether there is a chance of getting visa with my wife or not.?
Thanks
Pray tell, how can we or any one know if any one stands a chance of getting a visa?
The letter of racial refusal says to reapply when your circumstances have changed. Has it? That's a question for you to answer.
Invest a couple of days and read this thread. You will be able to answer your questions by yourself. The best form of confidence comes from knowlwdge

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
shawnmich:
Thanks
No one can tell but one thing you can do is read the thread and assess yourself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by slawali: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Who sponsor the conference? Don't you have the statement?
Shiko77:
Went for interview
Answered all the necessary questions after asking me abt the conference, she evened asked for my invitation letter by the united Nations youth assembly and I showed her and suddenly the v.o asked for statement of account of sponspor and I said I didn't have it..she returned my passport and gave me the rejection letter..pls guys wen going make sure u go with ur statement of account or dat of whoever sponsoring ur trip..and thinking of reapplying and going with the statement this time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
pappybarry:

Oh really?? I'm not looking to act in any illegal way. I pride myself as being honest. I am only seeking the most probable means of getting a livelihood in the States and I want to know my options. I had to do a couple findings in the last hour and it seems this is possible under the law, but subject to some conditions.
I just need as much help as I can get from you guy because I think I can find useful advice that can better my chances of getting a visa application approved for the purpose I've stated earlier.

Bless u bro..d lord is ur strength.. But pls endeavor not to partake in any illegal act.. If u.s doesn't work..nd u feel u must move out of the country.. U can try Dubai or Canada.. Its a little easier to immigrate.. An settle to work.✅✅✅
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
shawnmich:
Thanks

Hmm..well to me.I feel it's notin ..but to the V.O it would seem like a way of escaping to the u.s sinc d student method didn't work.. U av to prove to dem.. With enough ties and show you would eventually return to ur home country after the visitation.. Let them know u av things on u would never wana leav to run to u.s ..

Build ur ties up..and u r good to go..b confident at the interview and answer with sincerity.. God bless u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Megabig: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
seyewest:

As much as I agreed with what you posted I'm not okay with the bolded... They don't have to lie to get the visa which I'm sure you did not lie to get the visa.
I lied at a point which I felt was relevant, my passport shows I travel and return just after a week in a country..i told them I've been to S.A and also Begium when I was 13..Just wanted to boost my travel history which was not in my new passport.. It's just part of the story to make me talk longer....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
HOC189:
Good day,pls a friend needs help.
He applied for a b2 visa planning to visit his aunt and stay there during his vacation for two weeks,though he is yet to go for an interview just preparing ahead.
Pls if the CO ask where do you intend to visit?.
What reply should he give during the interview.
Thanks.
HE should tell the VO he is planning to visit his aunt and stay there during his vacation for two weeks wink.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
LegitBachelor:
HE should tell the VO he is planning to visit his aunt and stay there during his vacation for two weeks wink.

Lol ... grin grin
Seriously, you are a killer ..lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.