Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady (29520 Views)

Lagos Landlord/landlady Is At It Again. Kindly Advise. / Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. / Land Experts And Lawyers Please Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by mgbadike81: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2017
sunshineG:
I think even in 2013 ordinary roofing should take half of that money, not to talk of tiles and the finishing. How much will he use for foundation and structure self. I don't believe except you have done something similar yourself.
why don't you read through the thread first and then meet building material traders, Mason and carpenters to get an up to date estimate? even if I tell you what I have done,you would still doubt it. you need to work on the estimate yourself since no building contractor would achieve it for you with that amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by kennybab: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2017
Yes it can.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:38am On Oct 15, 2017
build a self con security post at where d gate Is supposed to be located let dem manage 1st.
later plan d main house building wen better money show.

in warri , less than 300k can comfortably do dat 4 u.

thank d gods cool

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Kimy97(f): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2017
vicben27:
y do you have that emoji on ur puna? allow breez! to enter joor!
God go help u
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by mgbadike81: 8:40am On Oct 15, 2017
MichaelSokoto:
build a self con security post at where d gate Is supposed to be located let dem manage 1st.
later plan d main house building.

in warri , less than 300k can comfortably do dat 4 u.

thank d gods cool
very sweet and solid advice.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Prince29(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2017
Am A Bullder I Resides In Ph, It Wil B Enough Depend On Who She Give It To, call Me 08075227946 Ochuko By Name,

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2017
ibkgab001:
The cost of a room and and store I built at the farm is 300 - 5 k = 295k

So no way 500k will do it except you will build it by yourself.. because brick layer's wage is a diedurung BuhariS bloody regime
pls how many blocks total did u use?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by twinskenny(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Pls help this hardworking young lady.
The family resides in warri
Thank you

Buy materials and supervise by your self... if you want to do the electrical wiring if it's lagos u offer to do it for free..just my little support

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by treasurewales(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2017
It can build a room and parlour self contain on a dry land and a single room self contain on swampy land. To start with get quotation from those you need their services. Go to the market with the price list given and do your findings. Do your calculation and then u know when and how to start. No much design, just a normal room safe for a living. NB: You ve to dedicate your time for the the project oooo. No over the phone or distance supervision. Wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Kimy97:
God go help u
layeeh!
mama warned me to find girls like u to follow grin
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Thank you

Yes it can.
Consult a reasonable engr.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by anthonyug: 8:46am On Oct 15, 2017
I think you can start up something and be prudent with your spending.
Rule 1: use a mason and agree on price per block which is about N50 inclusive of his helper.
You need about 588blocks for a room then I advice you include additional 180 for toilet and bathroom.Use 5 inches block and bargain for at most N110 per block.
Pay the Manson man like 1500 for him to mark and dig the foundation. As he is forming and laying the foundation he counts the block and you pay per block.

Dig the soakaway 6x6 ft, use the sand dug out to fill the house, use 10mm rod at the four edges for reinforcements and do not blind the ground channel both bathroom and toilet into it.

Use one bundle of Cameroon zinc to roof and PVC as ceiling.

Estimated expenses

Block and labour 150k max

Soakway with this method 50k max

Roofing and woodwork 150k max

One trip of sharp sand and 3/8 40k max

Twenty bags of cement 60k max
Misc 50k

Go ahead its achievable. Wish you well

8 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by critic9ja: 8:47am On Oct 15, 2017
listen o.p, 500k will give u a 12ft x 12ft standard room perfect, by the grace of God. put bathroom/toilet outside like a visitor's toilet at the verandah. I will try take the pains for a breakdown for you
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2017
domopps:
No dear ......atleast save it up to a million. .

Cheers happy Sunday!

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2017
critic9ja:
listen o.p, 500k will give u a 12ft x 12ft standard room perfect, by the grace of God. put bathroom/toilet outside like a visitor's toilet at the verandah. I will try take the pains for a breakdown for you
how many rooms?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by OlujobaSamuel: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
let her not be discouraged, she can.
Although might need a sincere heart to help her through.
My carpenter helped me roof an apartment for poultry for 80k, this invludes net(boko haram) doors and windows all through.
800(6") blocks should do.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by JOXY(f): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Ii just finished a 10 by 14 shop that can also go for a one bedroom apartment with store and toilet. I have not bought the sanitary wares and tiles. Note that both electricity and toilet are connected from the main buildind. The shop has a burglar proof, sliding door, and 2 iron doors. I paid the bricklayer who worked with 3 workers for 9 days N105,000. In all 390 blocks @ N150 (6 inches) were used and 22 bags of cement at N2,650. The structure has aluminium roof at N85k. The total amount till date is N610k. You can use this as your guide.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ismart: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
PrickGetSize:
500k can't even build you a solid foundation.
They said one room. 500K can build a foundation. stop misinforming people and yes, 500k will build a 3-4 bedroom foundation in a dry solid land.

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Afribest(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you
op it will, bass on your kind of structure but only roofing will cost 150k. Blocks 600pics. 600pics of blocks divide by 70 will give you the number of cement you need etc. I just finish my building i spend millions oh but it worth it at the end and whenever i see the build it makes me happy. Wishing you spend money!
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by supajizy(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2017
As a young builder and future cost expert. 500k can. It just depends on the size. Atleast a room and toilet. But no water supply or electricity probably. And is it 200 by 100 metres?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by anthonyug: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Pls do not give anyone the job as contract, pay per day. For the carpenters engage two young guys at 2500 per day and it will take two days to complete but if you more prudent, you can engage 3 at once two will be up while one joins wood for them and supply them materials up it can be completed in a day.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ibkgab001: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

pls how many blocks total did u use?

600 and it remains just 15
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by CaptPlanet(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2017
claremont:

I have followed him on Twitter, he has got some amazing brick designs at reasonable cost. I will be looking to work with him in the near future.

Really nice design and affordable if everything he claims is true. I hope it is because I'll patronise him next year.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by PqsMike: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
I just smh for all of u here who normally discourage ppl when whey they bring their budget to this property section.

How Much is cement? 2650# per bag. And so what?

Shake ur damn head till it falls of...who cares undecided...why not go back to my comment
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by PrickGetSize(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
ismart:
They said one room. 500K can build a foundation. stop misinforming people and yes, 500k will build a 3-4 bedroom foundation in a dry solid land.
You added a clause.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by akeensbussy(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Yes it is possible to do that....here is the analysis.

If the land is in the south west. some part of Lagos State, or southwest state. I stay in Ogun State.

here we go.

You need 1000 blocks to build room and parlour self ....you need 500 blocks to build a room self.

here is how u will spend the money. land is not included.

Moulding block by urself would be the best.

Buy one man diesel Setting sand = 28k to 30k.

buy 20bags of cement

moulder will take 800 naira per one bag of cement. 800naira X 20bags of cement = 16000

water will take 2000 naira

25bags of cement @ 45units of 6" will give 1000 units block.

Total: 70030 naria

note that the man diesel truck sand u bought, u will only use half of it to produce blocks.

Let start building...

Plz note that at the stage, u don't need German floor. don't let anybody deceive u. I don't need it if the land is not water lodge.

What u need

cement: 15bags = 39000 naira
gravel: don't buy truck..buy the one inside cement sack. buy from someone in the neighborhood highest 350 naira per bag..get 20bags = 7000

you have sand already

water...5000 naira

if omonile showed up, drag it with them that u just want to do temporary structure..and find them something highest 20k

bricklayer..Negotiate very well. highest pay the bricklayer 50k to take it to limited level for you.

note: don't let the room and parlour too big. the parlour highest should be 12by14 feet while your room should 10by10feet the toilet and bath 4by6 while the kitchen should be 5by7. that is enough.

total 121,000 naira

doing your linted...here I don't need to do it round..just do the important place. windows and door..highest u will need 5length of 12mm iron. don't involve welder, tell them to help u cut it from where u are buying the iron..just tip the person shikena. 12mm highest is 2100 naira X 5 = 10500 naira

find local carpenter, negotiate with him including bringing his own plank to do the thing highest 10k. after call the bricklayer to come and fill the lintel

total spent = 25k

At this juncture u have spent overall total of

220,000 naira only...

To roof it.....Roof it the way shop is roofed. With this you will minimise cost on Materials.

Highest plank you will buy is 100pcs for 2by3 and 2by4. then 40 pcs of 2by2 for nogging.
2by3 is 400 naira or 450 naira highest while 2by4 is 500 naira, 2by2 is 250 naira. = 60k

use Aluminium zinc highest price is 25k per bundle (15pcs) by 3 bundles.= 75k

carpenter: highest 50K..using local carpenter with good negotiating power.

nails 3inches half bag 5k
others 10k
total= 200k

Finishing
for now, do only the bedroom ceiling..
window burglaries for the parlour and bedroom only.
dig the round soakaway for now 20fit will cost u 20k diggig and casting then buy pipes and channel the toilet, bathroom only there...
kitchen don't do anything for now...they can be using it till money comes
for the windows...do only the frame for room and parlour and put net only.

use the foiling sand from your soakway digging to fill the house and do the flooring..note always get gravel around..don't carry lorry. the balance of 80k should do all this highest additional fund will be 20k.

when money comes do the rest..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ibkgab001: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2017
Pesuzok:

Can you please give the OP your cost estimate, because I think this is exactly what the OP wants. If 300k can do this, then 500k would do it better

4 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by jaychubi: 9:17am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you

Yes it can especially a wood n zink house, a kind of temporary structure. Even 200k shld arrange dt

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Chidonc(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
The mum said she is OK with any type ofz structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Thank you
yes it can bro, forget all this engineers with degree, that major expenses in building is normally in the furnishings and roofing, let her call a meason and discuss with him, she can use mud block instead of cement or buy sand and cement and ask them to mold block for her, it far cheaper compare to buying blocks, for the roof ordinary Cameroon zink would do. it not a luxury house but it would serve her well
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by jarx: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2017
its not about yes or no, it will or it won't. let someone elaborate on the cost, list of items and everything. me sef need answers. I have 2.5m and I want to build a duplex.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by greggng: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2017
That is why I hate poverty none of you here can even do the needful by add to what that lovely family ve at the moment. How can one room accomodate a family with kids? . This family need our donation. Seun set up a platform for this. I wouldn't mind giving 10 percent of my npower stipends. Don't tell me is too small. If all nairalanders collectively donate they will ve a comfortable 3 bedroom

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by diritalkz(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2017
The answer is capital NO. How much is block in warri? A bag of cement ? And trip of sand ?Well from my experience you will need aleast 1400 block for that building.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BUY YOUR LAND//INVEST IN ILORIN, KWARA "STATE" OF HARMONY... / Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.