Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady (29569 Views)

Lagos Landlord/landlady Is At It Again. Kindly Advise. / Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. / Land Experts And Lawyers Please Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by diritalkz(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2017
[quote author=ibkgab001 post=61436076][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by luminouz(m): 9:25am On Oct 15, 2017
2shure:
2bedroom abt 3.5m standard
Self con
Room and parlour...1.5 to 1.8m
Jus save up to 2m and do room and parlour
Give her d money na....mtchewwww
How u take pass jamb sef!
Oops!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Kimy97(f): 9:25am On Oct 15, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

layeeh!

mama warned me to find girls like u to follow grin
today na sunday
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Johnholmes: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Op, I am currently building a "ROOM" in a rural area.
500k will not finish a 1 room apartment in this era.
You'll need at least 650k-700k
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Pls help this hardworking young lady.
The family resides in warri
Thank you

Please tell her I can guarantee her to do a good job if she gives me the contract. N500k is not a bad idea. 08165002662 is my number.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by adebowaleadenaya: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2017
Man, I just finished my home, 500k will build a well constructed room and parlour. It just need good supervision. You can call me if u need advice. 08035136002

3 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by luminouz(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
critic9ja:
listen o.p, 500k will give u a 12ft x 12ft standard room perfect, by the grace of God. put bathroom/toilet outside like a visitor's toilet at the verandah. I will try take the pains for a breakdown for you
Can u help me with d quotation for a 5 room sefcon??
Thanks bro
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2017
JOXY:
Ii just finished a 10 by 14 shop that can also go for a one bedroom apartment with store and toilet. I have not bought the sanitary wares and tiles. Note that both electricity and toilet are connected from the main buildind. The shop has a burglar proof, sliding door, and 2 iron doors. I paid the bricklayer who worked with 3 workers for 9 days N105,000. In all 390 blocks @ N150 (6 inches) were used and 22 bags of cement at N2,650. The structure has aluminium roof at N85k. The total amount till date is N610k. You can use this as your guide.
dem cheat u peree!
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ismart: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2017
destinkoko:
Even 3million naira can't give u a standard house.
says who? You? JOKER!

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by AJboi(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Cajal:
It is not impossible... But may not be enough for sanitary conveniences.... Like source of water , sewage disposal. But for a single room+sitting room...it may not also be enough for standard kitchen, dining room...

Sorry to quote u here ooo,the OP said jst a square cubicle,nt a luxurious apartment ooo.Jst sumtin with a roof nd wooden doors nd windows of low quality so far d sick old man can stay there. nd nt all these far u people are going about toilet,kitchen,dinning and d likes.
Left for me ooo,i bliv dat money can go a very long way to set up dat house even to roofing(there re fairly used zincz nd wood which may nt be too expencive) nd doors.The piece of land is avilable already. Tnx

4 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Mbediogu(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2017
It cannot if you add kitchen and toilet. Bring it up a bit, and maximize use of local labor. Good luck.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Idrismusty97(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2017
Sadly N500k can't even complete a roof, no matter the hook and cranny you use it just isn't possible in this era. At best a mixture of mud and concrete blocks, a zinc roofing would minimized the cost greatly, if it is in a rural area it might be possible.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by akeensbussy(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2017
akeensbussy:
Yes it is possible to do that....here is the analysis.

If the land is in the south west. some part of Lagos State, or southwest state. I stay in Ogun State.

here we go.

You need 1000 blocks to build room and parlour self ....you need 500 blocks to build a room self.

here is how u will spend the money. land is not included.

Moulding block by urself would be the best.

Buy one man diesel Setting sand = 28k to 30k.

buy 20bags of cement

moulder will take 800 naira per one bag of cement. 800naira X 20bags of cement = 16000

water will take 2000 naira

25bags of cement @ 45units of 6" will give 1000 units block.

Total: 70030 naria

note that the man diesel truck sand u bought, u will only use half of it to produce blocks.

Let start building...

Plz note that at the stage, u don't need German floor. don't let anybody deceive u. I don't need it if the land is not water lodge.

What u need

cement: 15bags = 39000 naira
gravel: don't buy truck..buy the one inside cement sack. buy from someone in the neighborhood highest 350 naira per bag..get 20bags = 7000

you have sand already

water...5000 naira

if omonile showed up, drag it with them that u just want to do temporary structure..and find them something highest 20k

bricklayer..Negotiate very well. highest pay the bricklayer 50k to take it to limited level for you.

note: don't let the room and parlour too big. the parlour highest should be 12by14 feet while your room should 10by10feet the toilet and bath 4by6 while the kitchen should be 5by7. that is enough.

total 121,000 naira

doing your linted...here I don't need to do it round..just do the important place. windows and door..highest u will need 5length of 12mm iron. don't involve welder, tell them to help u cut it from where u are buying the iron..just tip the person shikena. 12mm highest is 2100 naira X 5 = 10500 naira

find local carpenter, negotiate with him including bringing his own plank to do the thing highest 10k. after call the bricklayer to come and fill the lintel

total spent = 25k

At this juncture u have spent overall total of

220,000 naira only...

To roof it.....Roof it the way shop is roofed. With this you will minimise cost on Materials.

Highest plank you will buy is 100pcs for 2by3 and 2by4. then 40 pcs of 2by2 for nogging.
2by3 is 400 naira or 450 naira highest while 2by4 is 500 naira, 2by2 is 250 naira. = 60k

use Aluminium zinc highest price is 25k per bundle (15pcs) by 3 bundles.= 75k

carpenter: highest 50K..using local carpenter with good negotiating power.

nails 3inches half bag 5k
others 10k
total= 200k

Finishing
for now, do only the bedroom ceiling..
window burglaries for the parlour and bedroom only.
dig the round soakaway for now 20fit will cost u 20k diggig and casting then buy pipes and channel the toilet, bathroom only there...
kitchen don't do anything for now...they can be using it till money comes
for the windows...do only the frame for room and parlour and put net only.

use the foiling sand from your soakway digging to fill the house and do the flooring..note always get gravel around..don't carry lorry. the balance of 80k should do all this highest additional fund will be 20k.

when money comes do the rest..

Hello...build room and parlour.....here is the analysis for you.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by critic9ja: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2017
MichaelSokoto:
how many rooms?
a room and bathroom bruv
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ayodeji200: 10:08am On Oct 15, 2017
joechuks22:
Yes, with 500k you can put a small structure, 750 block 6" @ 140= 105000, 15bags of cement, 2 length of 10mm, one trip of sand, 4 headpan of gravel,2x2 wood 15, 2x3 12,2x4 20,1x12,4, roofing sheet, door and Windows, germanfloor, from my cal here, 650,000 will give her a living house, one room apartment

You seemed to know how to manage, pls, help me to see my thread and give me advice pls
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by KingOfSkills: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2017
Kimy97:
I room is 1million...according to one bricklayer
lol.
the bricklayer must be on high weed

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by COFOLAND(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2017
pls if you have not handle building project before you don't need to contributes, op let her go ahead
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Jjohnson777: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Under normal land condition not water land area, 500k will be very enough.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by critic9ja: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2017
luminouz:

Can u help me with d quotation for a 5 room sefcon??
Thanks bro
5 room self con? I don't get. do you mean a block of 5 single room self con?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Tmex(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2017
I will assume your land is dry, get someone to mould 800 pieces of 6" blocks @120 each 96k
Buy 200 pieces of 6" @ 170 each 34k (foundation)
Buy small truck load sharp sand (15k)
Buy 20 sack of gravel (10k)
20 bags of cement at 2700 54k ( use 2 for footing, 1 for semi damp proofing, 12 for block works, 3 for lintel
6 length of iron rod for lintel (13k)
Get an aboki to dig a pit (well like) 10 ft (10k)
Buy 3 well rings (21k) and borehole cover (3k), put inside the pit and used as soak away
the excavated sand should be used to fill up the foundation
Bricklayers (50k)
Roofing (120k
Buy 4 door frames @3k each (12k)
Buy 4 units of 4 by 4 ft window frames(12k)
Buy 2 units of 2 by 2 ft window frames (4k)
Buy small truckload of plastering sand (15k)
Buy 12 bags of cement for inner plastering and flooring (32500)
Pay workers plastering and flooring (20k)
Buy 4 wooden doors 28k
fix louvres (if u can still find around) (20k)
Fix burglary (15k)
water closet (20k)

Total 610k
( A room, parlour kitchen and toilet)
I hope I was able to help?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by poweredcom(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2017
e no even fit do foundation self na apartment
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by luminouz(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2017
critic9ja:
5 room self con? I don't get. do you mean a block of 5 single room self con?
Yes bro..exactly that!!
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by iammaKING(m): 10:40am On Oct 15, 2017
okerekeikpo:
20k sef fit build am, this is why u no go church na to dey ask us stupid questions

And who is the US please angry.. You are alone with your foolish comment.. Infact...

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by pizapato(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2017
sunshineG:
please, how much will be used for foundation and structure out of that money. I am also interested if you don't mind

The cost of the foundation will not exceed 120k.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2017
pizapato:

The cost of the foundation will not exceed 120k.
thanks, what about the structure till lintel level ?
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by OLUWAcypris1(f): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2017
olarent:
call me so that I can tell you how to do it, they we build two bedroom flat. instead of buy block they can cut block invite those people600 per bag of cement. call me to give you more detail 07065512071
to cut block is more expensive, you have to pay them as per a day job , and to water the blocks again ,is better to buy blocks pls
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ResourceMan(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Brasstop:
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm actually doing this post on behalf of a young lady. The parents are having accommodation challenge. She has bought A land measuring 200 by 100 a while ago. The Dad is down with stroke.
Presently landlord is on their neck and rent is due. She has about 500k savings.
She approached me for advice but I can't give her so I'm running to the guru's in the house. The problem is, can her 500k put up a one bedroom apartment devoid of any luxury? Just blocks, ordinary zinc and wooden Windows?. No plastering, painting or tiles. Just the bare basics
The mum said she is OK with any type of structure- bedsitter(studio apartment), zinc structure, plank house etc.. just any kind of structure..
Pls help this hardworking young lady.
The family resides in warri
Thank you

Brasstop
Please go through this thread and contact the thread creator @MANGAM
https://www.nairaland.com/1537075/construction-self-contained-room-abuja-300k
He built a room self contained in Abuja with 300k. Contact him for proper guidance, dont listen to negative comments here and dont contact any over inflated priced contractor that will frustrate your friend. Contact Mangam now for guidance.
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by ibkgab001: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

pls how many blocks total did u use?

600-15 blocks
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by Coloradvantage(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
if you have friends that are into construction that can bit down prices for you! .... if you mean very nice one room! apartment! you need to add 350k ontthat. I will break down the prices and reasons for that! brb
Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by pizapato(m): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2017
ismart:
They said one room. 500K can build a foundation. stop misinforming people and yes, 500k will build a 3-4 bedroom foundation in a dry solid land.

Very true. Even 350k will be enough for foundation of 3 bedroom flat on a plain and dryland. I'm talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by pizapato(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2017
sunshineG:
thanks, what about the structure till lintel level ?

Additional 180k should take it to roofing stage from foundation. The roofing will take between 120-150k. The cash left will do the flooring. The only left will be plastering doors and burglary.

Note: it's even possible to drive the cost down as work progresses. What have given is just a rough estimate of worst case scenario

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady by temblor1(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2017
Bullhari007:
just buy used container body and put it to your taste...
This is an oven in Nigeria. Pls borrow from the whites with discretion. USE A BRAIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow / E-Mansion (Re-screeding & Painting) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.