Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** - Phones (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (501913 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
ityP:

Finally, someone is saying it. My sis wanted to get a phone, i didn't even think of xiaomi and the rest. Straight to tecno or infinix. It will serve her well. Nothing go carry me reach there, cos my phone na my machine. I dey over task am. Tecno and infinix have a target market, if not dem for don fold up

Lol bro. I try to say the fact as much as possible. It's when it doesn't suit some people that they attack me without justification. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by purity2all(m): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
Good evening ,
The light on my phone(infinix S5) goes off anytime l dial a number or about to listen to a voice note. Please, what could possibly account for this. Thanks.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Josiah247(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
I bought a new infinix phone but the network keeps going off and on. It doesn't happen that way on others phones. What could be the problem
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by taibat61(m): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Josiah247:
I bought a new infinix phone but the network keeps going off and on. It doesn't happen that way on others phones. What could be the problem

Did u change environment?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Jemerson: 9:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Josiah247:
Restart
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Hasheem1hash(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2020
My infinix s5lite takes more than 4hours to fully charged, it is normal or something is wrong somewhere?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by taibat61(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2020
It's abnormal for phone.to take 5hrs to get fully charge
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by drjprince: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2020
Josiah247:
restart if it doesn't work, take to callcare

Edit*my bad I forgot callcare is not opened due to lock down
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 11:15am On Apr 06, 2020
taibat61:
It's abnormal for phone.to take 5hrs to get fully charge

Well yes but is possible.

Factors that could cause a phone to charge for long periods of time include:

1. Using an incompatible charger or a lowly rated charger. In this day and age, a lot of people don't know how to read charger output in terms of watts and ampere. It's a bit sad. I wanted to get my mom a case, the seller scammed another buyer who wanted a good charger by selling him a 5V/1A charger and assured him that it was a fast charger. Me I just weak.

2. The power source. Phones will charge poorly in low current, a bad generator that fluctuates will also charge phones poorly.

3. External temperature. Phones will not charge or charge very slowly in hot temperatures.

4. Using a phone while it is charging.

5. The type of charging technology used

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Hasheem1hash(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2020
atheistandproud:

1. Using an incompatible charger or a lowly rated charger. In this day and age, a lot of people don't know how to read charger output in terms of watts and ampere. It's a bit sad. I wanted to get my mom a case, the seller scammed another buyer who wanted a good charger by selling him a 5V/1A charger and assured him that it was a fast charger. Me I just weak.

2. The power source. Phones will charge poorly in low current, a bad generator that fluctuates will also charge phones poorly.

3. External temperature. Phones will not charge or charge very slowly in hot temperatures.

just checked the review of infinix s5lite in YouTube and discover it doesn't have fast charging ability. it actually takes 4hours to fully charge. that gruesome though!

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
atheistandproud:

Well said! Thumbs up grin
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by taiwosamwell(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
Infinix Note 7 Officially Comes with MediaTek Helio G70, 5000mAh, Side Mounted Fingerprint Sensor and other amazing specs
Check out the full specs: https://techfashy.com/infinix-note-7-officially-comes-mediatek-helio-g70-5000mah-6gb-ram-48mp-quad-rear-camera-and-others-specs/
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

Network no good, Nigerians go blame phone.

Light low, Nigerians go blame phone.

Mobile app servers are down, Nigerians go blame phone.

You no go allow the phone charge yet, you go still blame am.

The phone no get fast charge tech but you want make e power up quickly like Duracell.

We, Nigerians are a wonderful people sha. grin
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

You go buy refurbished, fake or generic charger, you go still blame phone

The phone no get fast charge tech but you want make e power up quickly like Duracell.

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
atheistandproud:

Lolz
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
atheistandproud:

Lolz grin True talk
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ultraprime(m): 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hey guys, I have an issue with an infinix hot s3X, the fingerprint scanner no longer does shows up anywhere in the interface plus the phone freezes up completely under any intense usage..

I heard it's a software update issue, does anyone know a fix for this?

It's really frustrating at times.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 2:32am On Apr 07, 2020
ultraprime:
Hey guys, I have an issue with an infinix hot s3X, the fingerprint scanner no longer does shows up anywhere in the interface plus the phone freezes up completely under any intense usage..

I heard it's a software update issue, does anyone know a fix for this?

It's really frustrating at times.

Fingerprint scanner may be a software ish quite alright but phone freezing up is definitely the SoC. The Hot S3X uses the Snapdragon 430 chipset made in 2015. Do you know how many upgrades the android OS, the XoS and the apps have undergone? The phone itself is a 2018 phone with a 2015 processor.

I'd say you should start saving for a new device as your S3X is outdated. It cannot keep up with modern day use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ultraprime(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2020
atheistandproud:

Fingerprint scanner may be a software ish quite alright but phone freezing up is definitely the SoC. The Hot S3X uses the Snapdragon 430 chipset made in 2015. Do you know how many upgrades the android OS, the XoS and the apps have undergone? The phone itself is a 2018 phone with a 2015 processor.

I'd say you should start saving for a new device as your S3X is outdated. It cannot keep up with modern day use.
That's a bummer I thought the RAM would at least make up for that

Even at times just a simple download and switching between apps would trigger it... Only restarts recover the phone. It's that bad
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:27am On Apr 07, 2020
atheistandproud:

Hian! Someone complained of freezing and the next thing you hastily concluded is ' definitely the SoC'.

You didn't even ask whether it was frequent for even the most basic task or only freezes when he plays certain games.

As far as I can tell, SD 430 isn't so bad that it can't effortlessly power even android 10 OS plus XOS for daily smooth use.

The guy even went ahead to explain that basic switching of tasks causes the phone to freeze to the point he had to restart. Is that a sign of a weak SoC?

Most times, being old does not mean being obsolete. SD430 is 2015 and I bet it with you that it has no problem powering a not so buggy XOS and android 10. Playing heavy games is different and using for basic daily use is another thing.

The guy simply has a problem with one of the following:
Motherboard, software ish or a corrupt data partition
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2020
ultraprime:

That's a bummer I thought the RAM would at least make up for that

Even at times just a simple download and switching between apps would trigger it... Only restarts recover the phone. It's that bad

Concerning your fingerprint, that's a software ish. You can fix that by doing a thorough backup and reset or reload the firmware. A situation where the fingerprint setting option mysteriously disappears isn't new and not a good thing.

As for the slugglish/ hanging problem, the description reveals that your problem is not the SoC. The RAM and SoC combination should be sufficient for normal daily use.

The problem you're facing can occur after a buggy update, corrupt data partition or even a motherboard failure (phone starts freezing when there is an issue with your emmc/nand chip]

Suggested solution:

Do full backup and format or flash the phone

Take a look at your SDcard if any is present.

Take it to carlcare if problem persist.

That phone is still very much functional in 2020 despite having a 2015 chipset. Yours have a problem that's all.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ultraprime(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2020
photon3106:

Concerning your fingerprint, that's a software ish. You can fix that by doing a thorough backup and reset or reload the firmware. A situation where the fingerprint setting option mysteriously disappears isn't new and not a good thing.

As for the slugglish/ hanging problem, the description reveals that your problem is not the SoC. The RAM and SoC combination should be sufficient for normal daily use.

The problem you're facing can occur after a buggy update, corrupt data partition or even a motherboard failure (phone starts freezing when there is an issue with your emmc/nand chip]

Suggested solution:

Do full backup and format or flash the phone

Take a look at your SDcard if any is present.

Take it to carlcare if problem persist.

That phone is still very much functional in 2020 despite having a 2015 chipset. Yours have a problem that's all.

I downloaded the firmware and all but the software don't seem to detect the phone on PC, bootloader seems locked too.

Carlcare would've been my best option but it's unavailable now.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 11:39am On Apr 07, 2020
ultraprime:

I downloaded the firmware and all but the software don't seem to detect the phone on PC, bootloader seems locked too.

Carlcare would've been my best option but it's unavailable now.

As long as you're flashing the stock rom, you don't need to unlock the bootloader.

Have you installed the necessary Qualcom drivers? Download the latest version of QFIL and try again. You might be having driver issues
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
@ultraprime

You should also put the phone in download mode before it can be detected. You can achieve this by pressing and holding down the vol+/- button before plugging in the usb cable. Check online for the right button combination for that infinix model
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
photon3106:

Hian! Someone complained of freezing and the next thing you hastily concluded is ' definitely the SoC'.

You didn't even ask whether it was frequent for even the most basic task or only freezes when he plays certain games.

As far as I can tell, SD 430 isn't so bad that it can't effortlessly power even android 10 OS plus XOS for daily smooth use.

The guy even went ahead to explain that basic switching of tasks causes the phone to freeze to the point he had to restart. Is that a sign of a weak SoC?

Most times, being old does not mean being obsolete. SD430 is 2015 and I bet it with you that it has no problem powering a not so buggy XOS and android 10. Playing heavy games is different and using for basic daily use is another thing.

The guy simply has a problem with one of the following:
Motherboard, software ish or a corrupt data partition

He said "basic tasks" and tasks switching.

I doubt there's anything wrong with his motherboard. His phone seems to boot fine and restart which shows his software is functioning as it should, but it's processor is not powerful enough to clock through tasks. Even with a large enough RAM, SoCs may encounter bottlenecks whilst trying to process data. This is one of the major causes of freezing.

You also said his emmc? If I may ask, where is that component located?

As for his software, since his phone hasn't entered a bootloop or even a softbrick. It's working fine. If constant resets and factory resets doesn't solve the problem, then his hardware is dated and will struggle with modern app versions (note: I didn't say it won't, of course it'll work and it's still working). It is struggling currently.

As for his software, let him try updating them all and see if there's an improvement. But it won't halt the slide. The phone is dying.

My close friend uses the phone and it's frustrating her.

The short term panacea is to free RAM after every use and clear cache regularly.

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
atheistandproud:

He said "basic tasks" and tasks switching.

I doubt there's anything wrong with his motherboard. His phone seems to boot fine and restart which shows his software is functioning as it should, but it's processor is not powerful enough to clock through tasks. Even with a large enough RAM, SoCs may encounter bottlenecks whilst trying to process data. This is one of the major causes of freezing.

You also said his emmc? If I may ask, where is that component located?

As for his software, since his phone hasn't entered a bootloop or even a softbrick. It's working fine. If constant resets and factory resets doesn't solve the problem, then his hardware is dated and will struggle with modern app versions (note: I didn't say it won't, of course it'll work and it's still working). It is struggling currently.

As for his software, let him try updating them all and see if there's an improvement. But it won't halt the slide. The phone is dying.

My close friend uses the phone and it's frustrating her.

The short term panacea is to free RAM after every use and clear cache regularly.

You're right about some SoC struggling with tasks because they're underpowered/underclocked for the said task but that is not the case with this guy's phone. He said it 'HANGS TO THE POINT THAT HE HAD TO RESTART'. This can't be the SOC. Freeing RAM isn't the solution either as it is not a problem of insufficient ram. That SoC is capable of basic tasks such as downloading, browsing and switching between daily essential apps. Basic tasks isn't a problem with this SoC. Your friend definitely is facing similar issue or an entirely different problem that still has nothing to do with the SOC as far as 'basic' task is concerned.

The eMMC/nand is a separate chip (flash storage) on an android motherboard that houses the phone's data partition, system partition and cache as well as the bootloader. Popular brands include samsung and Kingston.

A corrupt NAND partition cause hanging issues and it is not only when a phone stops booting or bootlooping that it is nand problem.

I've handled the same phone owned by a friend and he is still using it now with no issue. The only thing he complained about was a boxing game God knows where he got it, that was not playing smoothly. The jagging movement was damn funny grin

So, tell your friend to also seek help too concerning the phone.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
photon3106:

You're right about some SoC struggling with tasks because they're underpowered/underclocked for the said task but that is not the case with this guy's phone. He said it 'HANGS TO THE POINT THAT HE HAD TO RESTART'. This can't be the SOC. Freeing RAM isn't the solution either as it is not a problem of insufficient ram. That SoC is capable of basic tasks such as downloading, browsing and switching between daily essential apps. Basic tasks isn't a problem with this SoC. Your friend definitely is facing similar issue or an entirely different problem that still has nothing to do with the SOC as far as 'basic' task is concerned.

The eMMC/nand is a separate chip (flash storage) on an android motherboard that houses the phone's data partition, system partition and cache as well as the bootloader. Popular brands include samsung and Kingston.

A corrupt NAND partition cause hanging issues and it is not only when a phone stops booting or bootlooping that it is nand problem.

I've handled the same phone owned by a friend and he is still using it now with no issue. The only thing he complained about was a boxing game God knows where he got it, that was not playing smoothly. The jagging movement was damn funny grin

So, tell your friend to also seek help too concerning the phone.

Alright.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ultraprime(m): 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
photon3106:
@ultraprime

You should also put the phone in download mode before it can be detected. You can achieve this by pressing and holding down the vol+/- button before plugging in the usb cable. Check online for the right button combination for that infinix model

Tried that, just keeps on looping when I try these key combos, and yes I doubt it's an issue of RAM really... Maybe heating.

I'll try getting a new version of qfil.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2020
awoo47:
hw much did u get it?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
ultraprime:

Tried that, just keeps on looping when I try these key combos, and yes I doubt it's an issue of RAM really... Maybe heating.

I'll try getting a new version of qfil.

Okay. I hope you're able to finally get it detected. Be sure of your drivers too. It's very important that they are installed.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by busysince1993(m): 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
since the last update on my hot 8 optimization is pure more than before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (347) (Reply)

Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / Airtel Bb Plan On Android / Can Nokia Asha 200 Download Whatsapp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.