Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. (7042 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
So this is a real life issue & not some cooked up stories. I've been dating this Girl for 1 Year Plus , she's a sweet girl But Issue is.

We don't have a lot in common. She doesn't like what I like & I don't like what she likes. She's like the total opposite. I just tried to manage this far, but In order not to waste her time, I need to set her free on time. So she can find her other half & settle down on time. As I actually love her & wish her well in a reality.

I need to set her free, But I don't know how to, because she's the very Emotional type that can/may do something drastic because of Heart break.

SO i Just need ideas on how to set her free without being heart broken , And Explain to her nicely why we can't be together & Leave her in peace.

Biko help your guy Abeg. CC Emusmithy mrphysics kimbra tosyne2much ilegendd and pocohantas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by anuoluwapo884(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sit her down and talk things out settle it with her knowing what's basically on group you can't keep forcing things now

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by NwaAmaikpe: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
shocked

That shouldn't be your primary concern now unless you are a sadist or a masochist.
You should be first of all concerned with your happiness.
You first! That's the survival rule.

From all you've said, your girlfriend is just a blind horse who does not deserve any more of your energy as you can't race or journey with it.

Trust me,

She won't be heartbroken, just walk away from her and forge ahead in life. That's why you are a man; to leave your scents, take a walk and come back whenever you so desire.

That's how easy it is for men with women.
They can always get back the one they walked away from.
And that's how easy it is for women with men.
They can always get someone new to replace the one who walked away.

In the words of Mildred Lisette Norman;

"Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness, possesses you. And in this materialistic age, a great many of us are possessed by our possessions."

Don't be possessed son!!
Do the right thing.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by zealblinks(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
Very simple... Tell her you don get HIV and you no one wan kobalize her... # straightface

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Draei: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Confused weak soul.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
anuoluwapo884:
Why are breaking up

we have nothing in common. we argue too much about everything. i know she loves me & i lover her too. But we aren't the best for each other.

She also very emotional, So i just want to break up without making her cry.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by ghettochild(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
that hiv prank should do it
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Who let this mad lion out of his cage?gringrin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by kullozone(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oboy hafa? I think say you don die before oh! Whether one Nairalander don find you reach house, beat you die.
He's back again, to torment 80% of Nairalanders cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Joephat(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
just invite her to your house... Bleep, Bleep and Bleep her again.

when you av made sure she is satisfied. give her drink, sit her down and tell her that is Over..
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Adaumunocha(f): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
Its not possible to breakup with her without hurting her.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by QueenBeeHive(f): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
pretty sure it's one nonsense he wants to type like this

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
Op, the truth is; you don't love her. What do you mean by she's the complete opposite of you? Were you supposed to date a lady that does things like you do?.

Tell her how you feel. Though, getting hurt is inevitable in this situation.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
zealblinks:
Very simple... Tell her you don get HIV and you no one wan kobalize her... # straightface

it is not a No Sex relationship, that HIV prank will not work. so we have been having sex lol. Apart from that i think it would be disrespectful
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by ShawttySoFyne(f): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
Joephat:
just invite her to your house... Bleep, Bleep and Bleep her again.

when you av made sure she is satisfied. give her drink, sit her down and tell her that is Over..

That's brutal.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by lilmax(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
cheat on her, then tell one of her friends to convince her to leave you
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by anuoluwapo884(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

we have nothing in common. we argue too much about everything. i know she loves me & i lover her too. But we aren't the best for each other.

She also very emotional, So i just want to break up without making her cry.

Bro in this case you can still amend things is not worst as you feel bro unless you don't really meant you loving her sorry to say sir sit her down trash things out put her on conditions she would definitely adjust and all would be normal as you wish

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by kullozone(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
QueenBeeHive:

pretty sure it's one nonsense he wants to type like this

Only his moniker don dey throw this one off balance sha!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by kullozone(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

it is not a No Sex relationship, that HIV prank will not work. Apart from that i think it would be disrespectful

Edited.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by StrawberryGloss(f): 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
Exercise tact.
If you want to avoid hurting your girlfriend, be tactful with your reasons behind the breakup.
Although you want to be honest as possible, use your best discretion.
For example, do not tell her "I just don't think you're good enough for me."
That will only lead to more hurt feelings, devastation and even anger. In these situations, consider possibly placing the blame on yourself.
Say something along the lines of "I do not think I am ready for a serious relationship right now."

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
kimbraa:
Op, the truth is; you don't love her. What do you mean by she's the complete opposite of you? Were you supposed to date a lady that does things like you do?.

Tell her how you feel. Though, getting hurt is inevitable in this situation.

Please scroll up & read my other comment. We argue too much over little things. If i dont actually love her, i would just break up without thinking.

Most times i just let her have her way so that peace can rain. But i'm bothered that i may not be able to keep it up his way when i marry her. She kindof likes to be in control & make decisions.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Cholls(m): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
my brother simple just introduce a guy that is better that you to her.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
kullozone:

Tell her, nothing will happen. You've been in the friendzone all along.

Did you read that very well, I said it is Not a No Sex relationship. which means sex is involved. We already had sex enough NOT to bring up one HIV lies now. And God forbid that i ever have HIV. That lie is too expensive
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by ShawttySoFyne(f): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sit her down, tell her kindly and respectfully that she's wonderful but the relationship isn't working for you. Talk it through for as long as she wants.
Hold her if she cries.
Answer all her questions honestly.
Promise to be there if she needs you, keep that promise and never date her friends.
Be a man, for God's sake.
that's the only way

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

Please scroll up & read my other comment. We argue too much over little things. If i dont actually love her, i would just break up without thinking.

Most times i just let her have her way so that peace can rain. But i'm bothered that i may not be able to keep it up his way when i marry her. She kindof likes to be in control & make decisions.

Having completely different opinions on subjects doesn't mean the both of you are completely opposite. Your opinions are meant to vary in certain situation. Understandably, the part you said she's too controlling seem reasonable enough. If you can't withstand her overbearing attitude then call her over and end it amicably.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by kullozone(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

Did you read that very well, I said it is Not a No Sex relationship. which means sex is involved. We already had sex enough NOT to bring up one HIV lies now. And God forbid that i ever have HIV. That lie is too expensive

Oh! My bad. Well, there's no easy way out of this one. She'll certainly get hurt... But you've to consider your own happiness as well. Puting up with her would affect your plans.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Taniaa(f): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
Many people say they don't want to hurt another person and tiptoeing around the situation can do more harm than help-don't tiptoe, be decisive.
It is an action to avoid as much repercussion as possible, don't be too soft in the break up, but don't be insensitive.
Speak the truth but not the whole truth. You don't need to tell her her flaws, etc.
Let her know how you feel about the relationship and that the action you're taking is best for the both of you.
Be honest, open, and sincere.Wish for the best and prepare for the worst and behave cordially.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
lilmax:
cheat on her, then tell one of her friends to convince her to leave you

lol, you want to put me in more trouble. This is Fry pan to fire
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by QueenBeeHive(f): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
kullozone:

Only his moniker don dey throw this one off balance sha!
and who are you
his mouthpiece ?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by tosyne2much(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
Since you feel you can't cope with her characters, it's better you sit her down and give her reasons why it can't work rather than wasting her time

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by mrphysics(m): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
Bro, I had a similar issue till a condition came out and I took advantage of it.

If I had just told her frankly, she would have hurt herself. An emotional being, but such people are stronger than you think..

If she have a reason to leave you, she won't think twice, that's who they are. So stop thinking and do it immediately.

But you must take advantage of something about the relationship which you have been thinking about, leverage on it. Break it and move on.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Lomprico2: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:
So this is a real life issue & not some cooked up stories. I've been dating this Girl for 1 Year Plus , she's a sweet girl But Issue is.

We don't have a lot in common. She doesn't like what I like & I don't like what she likes. She's like the total opposite. I just tried to manage this far, but In order not to waste her time, I need to set her free on time. So she can find her other half & settle down on time. As I actually love her & wish her well in a reality.

I need to set her free, But I don't know how to, because she's the very Emotional type that can/may do something drastic because of Heart break.

SO i Just need ideas on how to set her free without being heart broken , And Explain to her nicely why we can't be together & Leave her in peace.

Biko help your guy Abeg. CC Emusmithy mrphysics kimbra tosyne2much ilegendd and pocohantas

The way u get an egg yolk out the egg without cracking the shell! undecided. Iranu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lols See How Michael Jackson Would Have Looked When Old Without Surgery / Man Goes Viral After Sharing Photos Of Himself In Bed With 23 Different Women / (Pics )Two Ghanaian Students Involved In Public Romantic Affairs - See People's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.