Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62870 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by eazyjay4(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
so much display of ignorance. cant stop yawning
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
no sir.

that church born when Jesus died and empowered at Pentecost IS the Catholic Church

Explain.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
tete7000:

You don't show any awareness of the scriptures at all. First Jesus talking to the Saducees made them realise that God calling himself God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob when he appeared to Moses at the burning bush implies those three are living as God is a God of the living and not that of the deads. If Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are living, how much more the mother of God? You are telling me she is dead?

Secondly Jesus gave a story of a certain rich man and Lazarus (Note this is a story with name mentioned and not a parable). In that story he made allusion that the rich man remembered his kindred and begged Abraham to send Lazarus to go and warn them (Note that there was conversation between Abraham and Lazarus in which the rich man showed awareness of his yet to die brothers.) If Jesus gave this story that a certain dead rich man showed awareness in the grave, do you now know more than Christ himself?
Ignorance you people often display reeks to heaven.
Yes, Mary should be in heaven having believed in Jesus and pleased God before her death but the point still remains - she cannot pray for you. Stop holding on to straw. Pray to God through Christ, first for forgiveness of your sin of ignorant idol worship and other sins. Then you can pray for other needs of yours and others you care for. God will answer you I J N, Amen.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
when you call the compilers of the new testament fake what will you say about the books they put in your hands?
The person yoy quoted never mentioned any name. So you affirmed it yourself that the Catholic Church is fake. Sir, enough of this Catholic Church compiled the Bible stuff. What if they did? Are there not people who preached and converted others, yet backslid and went to hell while their converts made it to heaven? Is it not a cause for concern that the same Catholic Church you claim compiled the Bible is going against what they 'compiled'? Will God become partial and allow Catholics to enter heaven in spite of their false unscriptural practices just because they 'compiled' the Bible? Don't you think you should rather mourn and repent instead of gloating over the historical achievements of an apostate 'Church'?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
tete7000:

But the mentioned rich man too should be dead to the world but seemed to remember and wanted to even interfere by asking for favour for his brothers.
And did he get what he wanted? That should have made you realize that neither Mary nor any other living or dead can pray for you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Neminc:

The Jews wrote the Torah. The prophets and the law. They wrote about the coming Messiah. The promise of the Messiah was made to the Jews but guess what? When the Messiah came, they didn't know him and didn't believe him. So the fact that Catholics may have collated and translated the earliest bibles does not give them superior knowledge of the Bible. In fact, it adds to the irony that the people who collated and translated the Bible are ignorant of the things written therein
What an irony!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
omojeesu:

Explain.
it simple...

Jesus died, rose and ascended... he sent his apostles and gave them the holy spirit, they became leaders of the early Church... this church has power to teach to bind to lose etc, where ever the apostles preached they appointed presbyter and bishops and entrust both their teaching and authority to them.

by the year 100AD all the apostles were dead... nobody had a complete new testament but the Church continued... even in 200AD and 300AD because teaching authority had always been in the Church... finally in the 3rd and 4th century the church decided to set the canon of the new testament. then we began to have the Bible... this church continued till this day. in 40AD it was called the way, by 70AD her members were called Christians by 110AD it was called the Catholic Church...it is still called the Catholic Church today.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
The person yoy quoted never mentioned any name. So you affirmed it yourself that the Catholic Church is fake. Sir, enough of this Catholic Church compiled the Bible stuff. What if they did? Are there not people who preached and converted others, yet backslid and went to hell while their converts made it to heaven? Is it not a cause for concern that the same Catholic Church you claim compiled the Bible is going against what they 'compiled'? Will God become partial and allow Catholics to enter heaven in spite of their false unscriptural practices just because they 'compiled' the Bible? Don't you think you should rather mourn and repent instead of gloating over the historical achievements of an apostate 'Church'?
actually the person I quoted called many names.

this isn't about people who preached and converted others and then backslide. this is about the Catholic Church, what she believe today is the same things she believe then.

if she is fake now then she was fake then,if she is pagan now she was then....that means you are using a pagan new testament.. unless you are using a different new testament from the one the Church canonized then you're using a pagan Bible.

secondly who told you every Christian practice must be found in the Bible?

the Church existed before the Bible and the new testament was never written to catalog every Christian practice....so why do you think the new testament which was written after the Church for the Church must contain all Christian practice?

lastly the Church Jesus founded canon apostatize, Jesus already promised that the gates of hell will never prevail against her.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
And did he get what he wanted? That should have made you realize that neither Mary nor any other living or dead can pray for you.

I am not interested in answering you. Why make other people's business yours? How does who I pray or don't pray to bothers you? Can you love me more than I love myself? When we see God, we shall see who is right or wrong. So oga, leave Catholics alone. First you people say dead don't have awareness, when I showed one Jesus said had, you began to ask me silly question. By the way I have long concluded that discussion with person who started it with me, if you don't have nothing doing, you can go and sleep. Good night.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Andy2274: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
When Catholic Church were having 2 masses, they criticized but now they are having 5 services no complain. When Catholic were receiving HOLY COMMUNION they complained but now they celebrate Communion Service. When Catholic Church had parishes, they complained but they now have parishes as well. Catholic go to confession they grumbled but they now have Counselling session with their pastors. Catholic Church ask for the intercession of Blessed Virgin Mary they criticized and say we should pray directly to God but they always ask their pastors to remember and help them pray for a particular petition......All Na copy copy. Instead of preaching the Gospel they are preaching Church and judging other people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by labelle123(f): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Andy2274:
When Catholic Church were having 2 masses, they criticized but now they are having 5 services no complain. When Catholic were receiving HOLY COMMUNION they complained but now they celebrate Communion Service. When Catholic Church had parishes, they complained but they now have parishes as well. Catholic go to confession they grumbled but they now have Counselling session with their pastors. Catholic Church ask for the intercession of Blessed Virgin Mary they criticized and say we should pray directly to God but they always ask their pastors to remember and help them pray for a particular petition......All Na copy copy. Instead of preaching the Gospel they are preaching Church and judging other people.
On point

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it simple...

Jesus died, rose and ascended... he sent his apostles and gave them the holy spirit, they became leaders of the early Church... this church has power to teach to bind to lose etc, where ever the apostles preached they appointed presbyter and bishops and entrust both their teaching and authority to them.

by the year 100AD all the apostles were dead... nobody had a complete new testament but the Church continued... even in 200AD and 300AD because teaching authority had always been in the Church... finally in the 3rd and 4th century the church decided to set the canon of the new testament. then we began to have the Bible... this church continued till this day. in 40AD it was called the way, by 70AD her members were called Christians by 110AD it was called the Catholic Church...it is still called the Catholic Church today.

Thank you for the Catholic Church fraudulent version.

The truth is that the Church of Jesus Christ (not the Catholic Church) was founded at Pentecost. It continued and thrived under severe persecution until Emperor Constantine purportedly saw a vision of the 'cross' and was told he would win the war he was losing with that 'cross' . He won the war and because the cross is associated with Christ he made Christianity a State Religion hijacking authentic flow of Church history replacing it with satanic hybrid of idolatry and Christianity called the Catholic Church.

The true Church went underground and remained so for centuries in Europe until Luther and many others rose in the power of the Holy Spirit to turn humanity back to the Bible forbidden by the Romish Church for commons to read.

WHO gave the Bible? God used men to do so. Some of these men indeed had hidden agenda to corrupt it and add books not approved by the Holy Spirit but loved by the Catholic Church because they approve many of their false doctrines, beliefs and idolatrous practices but they largely failed.

In these last days your Church will play major roles to deceive her members and the world to accept the false Christ. But JESUS will preserve His own.

So long.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2017
tete7000:

I am not interested in answering you. Why make other people's business yours? How does who I pray or don't pray to bothers you? Can you love me more than I love myself? When we see God, we shall see who is right or wrong. So oga, leave Catholics alone. First you people say dead don't have awareness, when I showed one Jesus said had, you began to ask me silly question. By the way I have long concluded that discussion with person who started it with me, if you don't have nothing doing, you can go and sleep. Good night.
Sir, it bothers me when you are involved in idol worship or any other error and you defend such. I have a duty under God to tell you the truth but I cannot force you to repent and stop your misguided ways. Sorry to say, but it amounts to foolishness to wait till you die to correct what you can correct now that you are yet breathing. By then it would have been an eternal mistake! May you, I and others reading this never make any eternal mistake in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually the person I quoted called many names.

this isn't about people who preached and converted others and then backslide. this is about the Catholic Church, what she believe today is the same things she believe then.

if she is fake now then she was fake then,if she is pagan now she was then....that means you are using a pagan new testament.. unless you are using a different new testament from the one the Church canonized then you're using a pagan Bible.

secondly who told you every Christian practice must be found in the Bible?

the Church existed before the Bible and the new testament was never written to catalog every Christian practice....so why do you think the new testament which was written after the Church for the Church must contain all Christian practice?

lastly the Church Jesus founded canon apostatize, Jesus already promised that the gates of hell will never prevail against her.
No sir. The Catholic Church backslid at a point in time. Point of correction: The Catholic Church never wrote the Bible. No Church did. Holy and obedient Individual Christians, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit did. The true believers who authored the books of the Bible were never involved in idolatry of bowing down to carved or molten images, removal of the 2nd Commandment, worshiping or praying through 'Mary', praying through dead 'saints', oracular confessions, teaching of inexistent Purgatory, infant baptism (by sprinkling of water), praying for the dead, forcing the clergy not to marry, paying for indulgences etc. If any of the writers was involved in any of the above, he or she was a backslider and God is not a respecter of anybody. So stop mixing things up and stop misrepresenting the faithful writers of the Bible and justifying errors. I read and believe the Bible irrespective of who compiled it. I read and believe it because it is the word of God. I have personal proofs in my life that it is indeed the word of God. The issue remains that the Roman Catholic Church with all these unscriptural and ungodly practises is not a Bible believing Church. May the Lord open your eyes as He opened mine I J N, Amen.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
Andy2274:
Sir, confession to your fellow human is different from counseling session. The later has to do with people coming to see their spiritual leader concerning any challenge or confusion in their lives for counseling (advice ) and prayers. The Bible supports it. "In the multitude of counsel, there is safety". Moreover, counselling is not mandatory. Some people have the faith that they can handle theirs themselves or that their personal or congregational prayers have taken care of everything. Nobody says they must come for counselling and they are not obliged to confess their sins to anybody. Asking a living person whether pastor or not to remember you in his/her prayers is not the same thing as asking a dead or departed 'Mary' or any other to pray for you. The former is backed up by the Scriptures while the later is not. Even Paul the Apostle severally asked the living saints to pray for him. Can you see the difference? Correcting damnable errors is part of preaching the gospel. Christ did it. The Apostles did it too. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by SalC: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, confession to your fellow human is different from counseling session. The later has to do with people coming to see their spiritual leader concerning any challenge or confusion in their lives for counseling (advice ) and prayers. The Bible supports it. "In the multitude of counsel, there is safety". Moreover, counselling is not mandatory. Some people have the faith that they can handle theirs themselves or that their personal or congregational prayers have taken care of everything. Nobody says they must come for counselling and they are not obliged to confess their sins to anybody. Asking a living person whether pastor or not to remember you in his/her prayers is not the same thing as asking a dead or departed 'Mary' or any other to pray for you. The former is backed up by the Scriptures while the later is not. Even Paul the Apostle severally asked the living saints to pray for him. Can you see the difference? Correcting damnable errors is part of preaching the gospel. Christ did it. The Apostles did it too. Thanks.

Yes "in the multitude if counsel, there is safety" is in the Bible just as "confess your sins to one another and pray for one another" is also in the Bible. James 5:16
So whether you choose counselling or confession, they are both Biblical.
The only problem I have with you guys is approving of one and condemning the other just because you feel its not OK by you. BTW people even give more details of their sins during counselling than we do, during confessions. And who says priests don't give counsels or advice during confession?.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by SalC: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Andy2274:

And the list continued......

Forget the things you see these Pentecostals claim online, they are in no way better than Catholics.

They used to accuse us of using images and scapulars, now they wear the image of Oyedepo and his wife put together. Etc.

They accused us of using holy water, now they buy anointing water abi na morning water from TB Joshua and bethsida water from Jeremiah Mercyland.
They even use one water that they add red colorant as blood of Jesus in winners now.

They used to accuse us of using chaplets, now they use praying beads and even praying mats.

They used to be against we recieving communion, later they started it too so the argument shifted to we using wafer instead. But now, they even receive yale and oxford cabin biscuits.

I don't even bother arguing with them these days.

Oh and before now, they condemn us for taking corpse to church for burial mass, we now the baptist church here just started same.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Andy2274: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
. Lol! Expecting to see some scriptural back up as claimed by you. Counselling is telling your spiritual leader your challenges.......you see hypocrisy? "correcting damnable error is part of preaching....which biblical verse and chapter? Mk 16:15..Go into the world and preach the Gospel not correct or judge others. My brother Islam is spreading so fast because they teach their children and young ones what the religion is all about and instill in them their religion but christians rather than preaching the Gospel and teach their children they are busy telling their children the best church, arguing with one another, condemning other people, going after wealth and telling their young ones the church that will go to heaven and hell. Without Holiness no man can see God. Fight for your holiness and salvation and leave other people to do same because on judgment day all man will be on his own.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, it bothers me when you are involved in idol worship or any other error and you defend such. I have a duty under God to tell you the truth but I cannot force you to repent and stop your misguided ways. Sorry to say, but it amounts to foolishness to wait till you die to correct what you can correct now that you are yet breathing. By then it would have been an eternal mistake! May you, I and others reading this never make any eternal mistake in Jesus' name, Amen.

Mr. Man be bothered with yourself and your family. Stop delving into things beyond your understanding. Your spiritual arrogance knows no bounds.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
tete7000:

Mr. Man be bothered with yourself and your family. Stop delving into things beyond your understanding. Your spiritual arrogance knows no bounds.
Thanks a lot. At least I'm free from the blood of those who willingly decided to swallow errors and not repent.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Philippiansor=Andy2274 post=61857772]. Lol! Expecting to see some scriptural back up as claimed by you. Counselling is telling your spiritual leader your challenges.......you see hypocrisy? "correcting damnable error is part of preaching....which biblical verse and chapter? Mk 16:15..Go into the world and preach the Gospel not correct or judge others. My brother Islam is spreading so fast because they teach their children and young ones what the religion is all about and instill in them their religion but christians rather than preaching the Gospel and teach their children they are busy telling their children the best church, arguing with one another, condemning other people, going after wealth and telling their young ones the church that will go to heaven and hell. Without Holiness no man can see God. Fight for your holiness and salvation and leave other people to do same because on judgment day all man will be on his own.[/quote]I am not after judging anybody. Judging people means sentencing them to hell fire while they are still alive . Nobody has that right except God. Jesus Christ spoke against the errors and hypocricies of the religious leaders of His day (Matthew7: 23:1-39, Mark 7:6-23, Luke 13:10-17). Paul and other Apostles did same in several of their epistles (Romans 16:17-19; Galatians 1:6-10; 2:4-6,11-14); Philippians 3:17-20 ; Jude 1:4) etc. You are still alive so you can still repent if you choose to. Correcting your errors so that you don't make an everlasting mistake is not judgment (1st Timothy 5:20-22). Mine is borne out of love for you and others like you. Let me tell you this: Christ did not come to establish a religion called Christianity. He came that we might be free from sin and errors. There is no difference between people in the religion you mentioned and those who identify with any Church yet they are in error and idol worship. Both will end in the sane place of they do not repent and walk in the truth. Thank God there is yet chance for you as you are yet breathing. I am not after which Church is the best. I am after you and others knowing the truth which will set you free from sin, errors and eternal damnation. Yes, counselling is perfectly in order - you can approach your mature and experienced spiritual leader who you respect and trust and confide in him/her on certain somewhat personal matters - it could be moral, spiritual, academic, career/ business, relationship, choice, marital, etc for his/her advice and prayers. It does not have to do with confession of sins. It is not mandatory either. The Roman Catholic system of oracular confession to a priest is unscriptural. It is not the same as counselling. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Philippiansor=Andy2274 post=61857772]. Lol! Expecting to see some scriptural back up as claimed by you. Counselling is telling your spiritual leader your challenges.......you see hypocrisy? "correcting damnable error is part of preaching....which biblical verse and chapter? Mk 16:15..Go into the world and preach the Gospel not correct or judge others. My brother Islam is spreading so fast because they teach their children and young ones what the religion is all about and instill in them their religion but christians rather than preaching the Gospel and teach their children they are busy telling their children the best church, arguing with one another, condemning other people, going after wealth and telling their young ones the church that will go to heaven and hell. Without Holiness no man can see God. Fight for your holiness and salvation and leave other people to do same because on judgment day all man will be on his own.[/quote] I am not after judging anybody. Judging people means sentencing people to hell fire while they are still alive . Nobody has that right except God. Jesus Christ spoke against the errors and hypocricies of the religious leaders of His day (Matthew7: 23:1-39, Mark 7:6-23, Luke 13:10-17). Paul and other Apostles did same in several of their epistles (Romans 16:17-19; Galatians 1:6-10; 2:4-6,11-14); Philippians 3:17-20 ; Jude 1:4) etc. You are still alive so you can still repent if you choose to. Correcting your errors so that you don't make an everlasting mistake is not judgment (1st Timothy 5:20-22). Mine is borne out of love for you and others like you. Let me tell you this: Christ did not come to establish a religion called Christianity. He came that we might be free from sin and errors. There is no difference between people in the religion you mentioned and those who identify with any Church yet they are in error and idol worship. Both will end in the sane place of they do not repent and walk in the truth. Thank God there is yet chance for you as you are yet breathing. I am not after which Church is the best. I am after you and others knowing the truth which will set you free from sin, errors and eternal damnation. Yes, counselling is perfectly in order - you can approach your mature and experienced spiritual leader who you respect and trust and confide in him/her on certain somewhat personal matters - it could be moral, spiritual, academic, career/ business, relationship, choice, marital, etc for his/her advice and prayers. It does not have to do with confession of sins. It is not mandatory either. The Roman Catholic system of oracular confession to a priest is unscriptural. It is not the same as counselling. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
SalC:

Yes "in the multitude if counsel, there is safety" is in the Bible just as "confess your sins to one another and pray for one another" is also in the Bible. James 5:16
So whether you choose counselling or confession, they are both Biblical.
The only problem I have with you guys is approving of one and condemning the other just because you feel its not OK by you. BTW people even give more details of their sins during counselling than we do, during confessions. And who says priests don't give counsels or advice during confession?.
Sir, the difference between confession to a priest and counselling is that the Catholic Church teaches that the former is a means of getting forgiveness, which is pure deceit. Counselling on the other hand, is meant to resolve personal issues and it is not mandatory. If you want to know the truth: you should confess your sins to God and make up your mind not to go back to same. Believe in Christ the Saviour and you will receive power to live above the sins you confessed and forsook (John 1:12). Having been saved and your name written in the Book of life, you do not need to keep on confessing sins regularly. If per chance, you are involved on any sin perhaps by carelessness, you go back to the same God, Whose injunctions you broke and if you are sincere, He will forgive you. My point is - you need to be saved and have assurance in your heart that if you leave this world today, will enjoy eternal bliss with God. That is my message. Throw religion away and embrace the saving truth. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
gemale:

Yes... Because a true catholic (not just in mouth) has done what Paul instructed in ephesians 4:14 & isn't carried away by charisma, performance, signs & wonders. He/she seeks God whether or not blessings, breakthroughs, wealth, marriage etc comes his/her way. Because instead of hearkening to your seductive words, we do what the Lord advises & look at your fruits. There's little love among you. You guys compete to outshine each other (strife & contention) instead of shining for Christ. So much narcissism is present. Placing adverts with massive billboards where pictures of the preacher is so enlarged. Making it seem as if the MOG is a fount of miracles & teachings instead of being a medium through which God works. Hence, there's a feeling that "Pastor so & so is more anointed than Pastor lagbaja, let me go to Him for prayers. I'm more likely to get answers" . Quasi-deification of men IMO. An average pentecostal is likely to start thinking of changing his/her church at the slightest challenge forgetting that challenges are a part of life. Some people are so spiritually loose that any bit of oratory & sweet talk convinces them that they need to change where they worship because "it no longer works for them". The bible says that signs shall follow them that believe but now people who claim to believe follow signs. The moment they hear somewhere, people get what they desire, they ditch their churches & run there in search of ephemeral things. There is 1 body of Christ, the church that isn't to be divided into sects. That is what a true catholic believes. Look at most movements today. They are focused on the founder/GO. That's why you see a lot trudging to the headquarters even though they have branches close by. When he goes, you start to see cracks, breakaway & tussles even among family members. The church is closely knitted to his family most times. The wife is usually the female leader & the children usually have a post in the church if they decide to become ministers. Because we understand that unity is important than trying to be always be right or wise in our own eyes. Even though the church has been around for 2 millennia, we don't act like we know it all. We realize the hallmark of true wisdom is that no one is a sole custodian of knowledge. We learn that submission & obedience is of great import not just when it's convenient.
Hmmm! Well typed. You sound like a typical zealous Saul of Tarsus - so bold, daring, well lettered, eloquent and confident even in errors. Perhaps, a God-fearing Cornelius, the Centurion. You sound like a sincerely wrong person, a moralist. I was once like you. Truth is: most of your assertions concerning some Pentecostals are true. A large percentage are after prosperity. miracles, signs and wonders. They have materialistic motive for seeking God. Such are in error. It is because of such that the way of truth is evil spoken of (2nd Peter 2:2). But that does not in any way mean there are no genuinely born again, God called Pentecostals neither does it justify the mountains of false doctrines in the Roman Catholic Church- worship of molten images, prayer through "Mary' and departed 'saints', the doctrine of Purgatory, praying for the dead etc. Just don't be rigid. Be open to the truth. There are few Pentecostal Churches that are after nothing but the salvation and eternal welfare of never dying souls. They teach the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Let's throw away religion and denominationalism and embrace the saving and preserving truth. You need to pray sincerely and the Lord will send you a helper like He did for the God- fearing Cornelius (Acts 10:1-48). Your eternal welfare matters to me. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 6:21am On Oct 29, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Thanks a lot. At least I'm free from the blood of those who willingly decided to swallow errors and not repent.

I just checked your moniker and it confirmed the spiritual arrogance I talked about. You call yourself unchangeableGod? That's serious. The blood of those in your immediate family you are yet to convert should be your preoccupation.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
tete7000:

I just checked your moniker and it confirmed the spiritual arrogance I talked about. You call yourself unchangeableGod? That's serious. The blood of those in your immediate family you are yet to convert should be your preoccupation.
Sir, my moniker simply means that I serve the unchangeable God. He abhors idol worship, lies, deception, falsehood and any other form of sin outside the Church, let alone among the people who mention God's name. He has not changed and He will never change His standard because of any personality, Church, denomination or institution. To those who realise their errors and repent, there will be mercy and pardon. But for those who are adamant, there will be indignation and wrath (Romans 2:7-11). I believe that if you are not the arrogant one, it is more profitable to accept that you are in error and repent rather than finding faults with the messenger's moniker. My ministry is for all I come across whether in person or through a medium like this (including my family members that you alluded to) to know the truth so as to benefit from Christ's sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary and be saved from damnation awaiting the unrepentant. It is borne out of love. However, the choice to accept or reject is entirely yours sir. There is no sentiment, nepotism or tribalism in God's work and service. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
No sir. The Catholic Church backslid at a point in time. Point of correction: The Catholic Church never wrote the Bible. No Church did. Holy and obedient Individual Christians, who were inspired by the Holy Spirit did. The true believers who authored the books of the Bible were never involved in idolatry of bowing down to carved or molten images, removal of the 2nd Commandment, worshiping or praying through 'Mary', praying through dead 'saints', oracular confessions, teaching of inexistent Purgatory, infant baptism (by sprinkling of water), praying for the dead, forcing the clergy not to marry, paying for indulgences etc. If any of the writers was involved in any of the above, he or she was a backslider and God is not a respecter of anybody. So stop mixing things up and stop misrepresenting the faithful writers of the Bible and justifying errors. I read and believe the Bible irrespective of who compiled it. I read and believe it because it is the word of God. I have personal proofs in my life that it is indeed the word of God. The issue remains that the Roman Catholic Church with all these unscriptural and ungodly practises is not a Bible believing Church. May the Lord open your eyes as He opened mine I J N, Amen.
the Church of Christ can never backslide, unless you don't believe in Jesus who clearly said the gates of hell will never prevail... the Church by nature cannot backslide.... I'm not just telling you it didn't happen I'm telling it cannot happen, Jesus told us so.

if this Church is pagan as you claim then Jesus lied and hell took over, then hell compiled your new testament, which mean your bible is pagan.

that is the natural conclusion from your claim. pagans can only canonise pagan scriptures.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the Church of Christ can never backslide, unless you don't believe in Jesus who clearly said the gates of hell will never prevail... the Church by nature cannot backslide.... I'm not just telling you it didn't happen I'm telling it cannot happen, Jesus told us so.

if this Church is pagan as you claim then Jesus lied and hell took over, then hell compiled your new testament, which mean your bible is pagan.

that is the natural conclusion from your claim. pagans can only canonise pagan scriptures.
Your error sir, is to continue equating the Church Christ made mention of with the Roman Catholic Church. The gates of hell will never prevail against the Church - those who are saved and washed in the blood of the Lamb and continue in His word (John 8:32-36). Individuals can and do backslide but the Church continues. God will never leave Himself without witnesses in every generation. It is only God that is indispensable. Well, you can continue in your delusion of equating the Church Christ referred to with the idol worshiping, syncretic, falsehood-filled Roman Catholic Church. Inadvatently, you are associating Christ my Saviour and Lord, Who never sinned and will never sin with image worship, deceptive Purgatory doctrine, infant baptism, oracular confession, the doctrine of forced celibacy, praying through dead people, praying for the dead, praying through angels and other false doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. Christ and His true Church CAN NEVER be associated with such evils. The Roman Church of today is an apostate Church. Christ warned a lot of Churches in the book of Revelations to repent from their backslidden state or face divine judgment (Revelations 2:4-7; 3:15-18). Christ's Church is not an apostate one. Try as much as you can sir, but you cannot robe my Saviour into your apostate Church. You either come out from among them or remain there. The choice is yours. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Your error sir, is to continue equating the Church Christ made mention of with the Roman Catholic Church. The gates of hell will never prevail against the Church - those who are saved and washed in the blood of the Lamb and continue in His word (John 8:32-36). Individuals can and do backslide but the Church continues. God will never leave Himself without witnesses in every generation. It is only God that is indispensable. Well, you can continue in your delusion of equating the Church Christ referred to with the idol worshiping, syncretic, falsehood-filled Roman Catholic Church. Inadvatently, you are associating Christ my Saviour and Lord, Who never sinned and will never sin with image worship, deceptive Purgatory doctrine, infant baptism, oracular confession, the doctrine of forced celibacy, praying through dead people, praying for the dead, praying through angels and other false doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. Christ and His true Church CAN NEVER be associated with such evils. The Roman Church of today is an apostate Church. Christ warned a lot of Churches in the book of Revelations to repent from their backslidden state or face divine judgment (Revelations 2:4-7; 3:15-18). Christ's Church is not an apostate one. Try as much as you can sir, but you cannot robe my Saviour into your apostate Church. You either come out from among them or remain there. The choice is yours. Thanks.

sir kindly tell me the members of this Church from the 2nd to 10 century
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UnchangeableGod: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ubenedictus:

sir kindly tell me the members of this Church from the 2nd to 10 century
Sir, your request is a needless distraction. There have always been true and false Christians in every era. Knowing the names of the members of the true or fake Church is inconsequential.What matters is that the true ones obey the Lord only and they are the Church of Christ while the fake/backslidden ones follow their own devises/the doctrines of men. They are married to the world system. They engage in syncretism and other unscriptural practices. They may arrogate any title to themselves but "by their fruits ye shall know them" and "any anyone that mentions the name of the Lord must depart from iniquity" (Matthew 7:15-20; 2nd Timothy 2:19). You have a choice to repent, stop defending the falsehood in the apostate Roman Catholic Church and come out from among them for your eternal good. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by btoks: 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, your request is a needless distraction. There have always been true and false Christians in every era. Knowing the names of the members of the true or fake Church is inconsequential.What matters is that the true ones obey the Lord only and they are the Church of Christ while the fake/backslidden ones follow their own devises/the doctrines of men. They are married to the world system. They engage in syncretism and other unscriptural practices. They may arrogate any title to themselves but "by their fruits ye shall know them" and "any anyone that mentions the name of the Lord must depart from iniquity" (Matthew 7:15-20; 2nd Timothy 2:19). You have a choice to repent, stop defending the falsehood in the apostate Roman Catholic Church and come out from among them for your eternal good. Thanks.
It's no distraction, we all want to learn where the church that Jesus establised is. Where are the true christians that you've referred ? I'm assuming these people must exist and can be traced to the apostles.

So if we come out of the Catholic Church, where exactly do we go ?

We need clear answers please
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by btoks: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
Read through the responses and found no reference from those vilifying the Catholic church as to how christianity actually developed. All we got is people assuming things 2000 years later, forgetting the persecutions, councils, disagreements, hereses etc.
I wonder if they've read Acts 15 to find out how issues where resolved ( the issue of circumcision had no scripture backing for instance.) Did issues with Christian faith and doctrine suddenly end after Revelations was written?
The bible was not even resolved at that point .some churches probably had 1 or 2 NT books plus OT - so were they practising sola scriptura?

Prior the the 16th century, where is the expression bible believing church. What does that actually mean?

People let's read and do some research, you might be surprised at what you learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja / Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.