Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (67842 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Eduwalter(m): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
Shall we start questioning wasteful expenditure in this Country?

What does this King contribute to the GDP of Nigeria??

What exactly is his function other than sitting and sleeping comfortably in a well furnished palace while Edo residents wallow in the abyss of penury??

Nigeria is a peculiar state with peculiar problems so we need strong approach if indeed we crave for developments.

This is not a problem. This is the king of the ancient city of Benin and you should just respect him for that. How many time have you questioned the economic implications of the British monarch, I wonder y this one is your headache.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by HeyCorleone(m): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
I thought this man was in his 60s. Man looks young mehn.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by MONITZ: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
scopusng:
The first son too small to dey that pic. The first sin cannot see his face face to face gain until the oba's death

That was then,they now see face to face,as a matter of fact this present one saw his late father on numerous occasions before the latter passed away.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by ivolt: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
Tweetysparkles:
wonderful family, not like the Afonja king... these is just leadership by example undecided live long King

So dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by GoodFaith: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lot of people are jealous because they can't marry more than one wife
Sorry guys
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Omolego: 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
His kids are still Young.
And are the ones standing behind him wives or concubines?

Children
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Briteiyobo1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ogidigan ne Edo, Oba ne o kpo vbe unu ne kpo vbe aro,
ne o hin utete ne o ghe ughe se onmwa, o de o de ne ohan enren my ete.Oba gha to kpere ise

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Awww the crown prince is not in the picture. Probably busy on some royal assignment.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Notatribalist(m): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

What exactly is his function other than sitting and sleeping comfortably in a well furnished palace awaiting election period to receive goodies from politicians while Edo residents wallow in the abyss of penury??

Nigeria is a peculiar state with peculiar problems so we need strong approach if indeed we crave for developments.
I think the take care of spiritual matters. If for instance someone accused you of witchcraft you simply take the case to the king.because our constitution does not recognize witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by odigbosky(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

What exactly is his function other than sitting and sleeping comfortably in a well furnished palace awaiting election period to receive goodies from politicians while Edo residents wallow in the abyss of penury??

why does Britain still keep the monarchy.
why does Japan still keep the Monarchy
why does Thailand still keep the Monarchy
why does Jordan still keep the monarchy
why does saudi Arabia still keep the monarchy
why does swaziland still keep the monarchy
why does spain still keep the monarchy
why does Liechestien still keep the monarchy
why does UAE still keep the monarchy
why does Barhain still keep the monarchy
Recently a dutch man married a princess of one of the caliphates in Malaysia. This caliphate has its own army different from the Malaysian army.
why does even Brunei keep the monarchy.

We Edos keep the monarchy because we cannot live without her and she cannot live without us....
Oba gha to kpere.....ISE!!!

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Themandator: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
I was of the opinion that the Oba doesn’t show his teeth in public .... from the coronation pictures then he was seen covering his mouth with an handkerchief even his wives
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by David160(m): 2:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
Takeit2017:

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II has celebrated the 1st year anniversary of his coronation which took place on the 20th of October, 2016 by posing for pictures alongside his family. The royal father celebrated posing with his wives and children as they smiled to the camera.

More @ http://trendinghelm..com/2017/10/see-new-photos-of-oba-of-benin-his.html

who are the ones standing??
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Themandator: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
IForgotMyLoginD:
Awww the crown prince is not in the picture. Probably busy on some royal assignment.

Someone once told me the king can’t be in the same with the crown prince .that they will never meet in person ,for life ..plenty stories I don’t even know facts from myths.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by nengibo: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
The king of southern Nigeria grin
If only southern Nigeria = Edo state

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hmmmm.... I'll ask my Edo people. smiley
But the prince and king are related tho... So it might be impossible for them not to meet for life. But not being in same place, kai if true, that would be hard o esp if they're father and son.

Themandator:

Someone once told me the king can’t be in the same with the crown prince .that they will never meet in person ,for life ..plenty stories I don’t even know facts from myths.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Thylord(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
chaii to fucckk like 2 of those queen go sweet no be small.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by nairavsdollars(f): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Akiolu no get mouth where these ones dey
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
scopusng:
The first son too small to dey that pic. The first sin cannot see his face face to face gain until the oba's death

I used to hear that even before I lived in Benin but after the Oba unveiled the crown prince at the palace recently, I'm still looking for who will give me the right answer
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by umsjobjob: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Vickytall: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
scopusng:

that tradition has been abolished by the sitting oba

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by dfrost: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Royalty in display. Cool pictures.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by lexy2014: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
engrflames:
Greedy king.. Only you with how many wives?
u are also free to marry 3 wives
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by win2kwire: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
engrflames:

more like illiterate and primitive "king"

6th century polygamy in action in 2017

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oba needs to repent and submit to a greater power. his soul is much more important than rites, rituals and customs which will only lead to his damnation.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Ediomo12(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
Kudos to u king...... I pray for God protection an guidance toward your family
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
engrflames:
lexy2014:
u are also free to marry 3 wives
engrflames:
"Yeye" Bello with just two wives and the monthly stipends he was supposed to pay to Kogi Civil servants he has diverted it to maintain his wives
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
The king of my family and Benin city only grin
fixed
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by ahamonyeka(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
Tweetysparkles:
wonderful family, not like the Afonja king... these is just leadership by example undecided live long King
you mean the one that throws people into the lagoon or the one that likes traveling?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by lexy2014: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
"Yeye" Bello with just two wives and the monthly stipends he was supposed to pay to Kogi Civil servants he has diverted it to maintain his wives
its not d number of wives that made him not to pay salaries. Its
GrandFinale2017:
how many wives does Rocha's have?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by monex(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
scopusng:

he can see his father. They only cannot sleep under same roof. Stop peddling falsehood.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Iykmann(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

Is he your king?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) / Art And Architecture Of The Igbo People / Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.