Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (67843 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by sammyije(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by osahon01(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
modelmike7:
OBATOKPEYE!!
isee
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
lexy2014:
how many wives does Rocha's have?
just one. Okorocha is a christian. Polygamy is strictly prohibited in Christendom
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Iykmann(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
2sa2:
If he marry only one wife, will he die?
Did they complain to you?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by osteenbush(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Long live the Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by gregyboy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rockyrocky:
The difference is that British citizens live way above poverty line , they careless how much goes in the welfare of the monarchy. On the other hand you know the story in Nigeria.

i didnt want to comment on all this hatred comment on this trend untill i saw urs it proved you're dogmatic in thinking....did they tell you that the oba of benin makes the rules in edo so he shld rule alongside the government abi or did tell you the queen of england that developed london ...if nigeria gives him a chance to rule then you can now say anything against him but for now your ignorance is alarming

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by lexy2014: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
just one. Okorocha is a christian. Polygamy is strictly prohibited in Christendom
I dont think d discussion was about Christianity or what it prohibits or not. U mentioned that bello has 2 wives and instead of paying salaries, he used d money to maintain his wives. Now Rochas, d so called Christian has one wife. If d no of wives a governor has is d basis 4 not being able 2 salaries, how do u explain Rochas who has one wife but who isn't able to pay salaries?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by gregyboy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
win2kwire:

more like illiterate and primitive "king"

6th century polygamy in action in 2017

i guess u re yoruba amd if u re your king is a disgrace for marrying only one wife who was married before and later divorcing her. divorcing is not in the african tradition

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Wow! Oba looking younger by the day. cheesy grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Eduwalter(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rockyrocky:
The difference is that British citizens live way above poverty line , they careless how much goes in the welfare of the monarchy. On the other hand you know the story in Nigeria.

Bro I understand the state of the economy here in Nigeria but that does not mean that we have to dump our tradition. The Benin monarch has been here before the coming of the British. We got to respect that tradition.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Taiwo20(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
why is he always on red attire?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by gregyboy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rockyrocky:
You are a compound idiot. Who told you the oba's advice is not needed in the daily affairs of Edo state? The best way to hide your ignorance is not to call other people ignorant,you argue with your mouth upside down. You said the "monarchy developed England". Hence they have considerable power over the affairs of the country. What did your oba in comparaison do for edo state other than hungry looking faces like you wandering around in Benin.

Idiotic sycophant like you who can't validate their existence without exalting political figures needs to be quarantined.

i laff at senseless pple like you since d coronation oba advice to develope the seaport did they do it ....he shld be running hand to hand with d state government abi .like u said the british monarchy has a say in d political system is it like it in edo or which king will not want progress for is kingdom if given d chance to rule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Austin234(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
This one will not mind being the fifth wife. But wait a minute, I hope the new Oba has packed out of the mud house he inherited from his late father
nikz:
Lovely family! More wisdom to Oba.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by shallysgirl: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
I think they are his daughters.
The wives are seated.
Nawteemaxie:
His kids are still Young.
And are the ones standing behind him wives or concubines?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by noskcid(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
scopusng:
The first son too small to dey that pic. The first sin cannot see his face face to face gain until the oba's death

what about the one we have been seeing
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by shallysgirl: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
That is the palace. Leave Binis with their heritage. Everything isn't a joke
Austin234:
This one will not mind being the fifth wife. But wait a minute, I hope the new Oba has packed out of the mud house he inherited from his late father

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
shallysgirl:
I think they are his daughters.
The wives are seated.

And one of them looks pregnant. shocked

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by win2kwire: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
gregyboy:

i guess u re yoruba amd if u re your king is a disgrace for marrying only one wife who was married before and later divorcing her. divorcing is not in the african tradition

You are a disgrace going by your illiterate comment, I say you iQ level is very low and similar to a primate.
What schools did you attend to come up with rubbish like divorce is not in african tradition. Have you asked in Cape town or Kenya what the divorce tradition is?
You are quoting you mental intelligence level and describing it as African tradition - what a monkey!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by gregyboy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
win2kwire:

You are a disgrace going by your illiterate comment, I say you iQ level is very low and similar to a primate.
What schools did you attend to come up with rubbish like divorce is not in african tradition. Have you asked in Cape town or Kenya what the divorce tradition is?
You are quoting you mental intelligence level and describing it as African tradition - what a monkey!

lol..even if its in africa was is in your kingdom and if we say we shld research on it ur statement might even be wrong on divorce
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by nextstep(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
Shall we start questioning wasteful expenditure in this Country?

What does this King contribute to the GDP of Nigeria??

What exactly is his function other than sitting and sleeping comfortably in a well furnished palace awaiting election period to receive goodies from politicians while Edo residents wallow in the abyss of penury??

Nigeria is a peculiar state with peculiar problems so we need strong approach if indeed we crave for developments.

... and what is the function of the royals in UK?

Anyways, this Oba is one of the most important and prominent, representing an ancient, long-lasting power, filled with prosperity and rich cultural heritage. It's a pity the British Empire had better weapons than the Benin Empire, otherwise we would not be where we are today.

"The Benin Empire was one of the oldest and most highly developed states in the coastal hinterland of West Africa, dating perhaps to the eleventh century CE until it was annexed by the British Empire in 1897."

Much respect to the Oba and the royal family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Opharhe: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
His kids are still Young.
And are the ones standing behind him wives or concubines?
He has 3 wives who are clothed in Royal apparel there. The others in the picture are his Children.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by gregyboy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rockyrocky:
Unlike you that has no say, the Benin Oba is traditionally strong spiritually respected even by the international community and powers that be. Am not from Benin but it's unfortunate that am telling you how strong the man you are sheepishly fighting for is. If he wants change in edo that will benefit everyone he can effect it even at the federal level.

Don't defend what you don't know like I said oba of Benin is no different from any average Nigerian politician.

Stop arguing from both sides of your mouth.

i guess u know how influential he is but nevertheless he can only advice and not force or command fedr to do his bidding
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by doctore212(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Where is their white handkerchief

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Caseless: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oyindidi:
Handsome without the blindman shades.
Cute family
undecided the only thing I like about him are his glasses.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by nothernstar: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
Tot he is not allowed to his son till death.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by naijalo: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
embarassed undecided

do you see, benin kingdom, in old books in Nigeria.. NO..

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by valirex: 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
Shall we start questioning wasteful expenditure in this Country?

What does this King contribute to the GDP of Nigeria??

What exactly is his function other than sitting and sleeping comfortably in a well furnished palace awaiting election period to receive goodies from politicians while Edo residents wallow in the abyss of penury??

Nigeria is a peculiar state with peculiar problems so we need strong approach if indeed we crave for developments.

Don't go to go your village be in another man's land and talking shit.

You are a fool an idiot and worst of all a disgrace to your people that's if you have any

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by valirex: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
2sa2:
If he marry only one wife, will he die?

Has he ever asked you for money to feed them.
I don't know why people don't mind their business, must you portray foolishness in public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Mzjacy:
See our fine Oba, Edo nimose
don't you know if you fine, your pikin too go fine? It's obvious in the looks of his children. His wives too are pretty...give that to Edo ladies , any day. Na small e remain, I for marry Edo gal during my nysc back in the days. As a young yoruba corper, they were all clustering around me. I think the king is humble too. I spotted him in ile Ife on my way from Oauthc early this year with his convoy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) / Art And Architecture Of The Igbo People / Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.