Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (53955 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by nrexzy: 6:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Slowvenom:

Are you ok?
You tell me
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by MabraO: 6:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Melodyz:
It's a very long story but let me cut it short

Back in my secondary days my sister got married to a man from Imo state, within two years they gave birth to two beautiful daughters (twins), few months after giving birth the husband was diagnosed with eye cancer, which after much treatment he passed away.

The families of the man refused my sister of everything, they went as far as telling her to go away with the kids, that they are evil, that they want nothing to do with her and the children. So she came back home, my parents tried everything possible to resolve the issue but to no avail, so we accepted the kids as ours, they even started bearing our last name.

Few years later a man asked for my sister's hand in marriage, like two to three years into the marriage she gave birth to a boy and a girl, by then I was already schooling in UNN and I normally don't travel back home constantly. She calls at times to ask how I was doing and sometimes complains of how her husband doesn't bring money for anything in the house, that she is the one that pays for everything concerning the kids schooling, that she can count the number of times her husband brings money for paying of rent and for feeding.

She reported him to his people but nothing was done, after much complaining she said she's not interested in the marriage anymore, some of our family members advise her not to leave the marriage that is not right via her being married before, but she refused, that she can't be the man in the house by taking care of everything that they (the husband and her) should be doing together. So she went ahead to rent her own apartment and brought along her the two kids, few months after moving out her husband was evicted for failing to pay his rent.

I graduated this year and decided to go visit her and from there find something doing before I leave for service, on my reaching there I asked her what is happening via her marriage, she told me that since she moved here her husband has never for once asked of the kids, even to send money for their upkeep he has not done it, so out of anger he sent his son to him as he is the eldest, to take care of him.

Since I got to her house there is this guy that visits her and calls her constantly, she even visits him almost if not every night.

I want to talk to her about it, so everyone in the house please what can I do? Should I stay mute or not? If not, what should I tell her?

Iwonder y kids of now adays don’t know how to mind their biz.
Was this wot u were taught while growing up? That u medlle into issues that u were t called upon
Na wa oh
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by khome(f): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
What has she done to make the man a better husband? If she cnt do anything to make her marriage work, then She should divorce properly if she doesn't want to b tagged a B*tch.. What insolence
@op, talk sense into her head, i cnt believe a graduate is asking this question.
Two heads are better than one
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by nrexzy: 6:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Melodyz:

Do you feel that Is the appropriate thing to do?
To me yes it is
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by sholajigga(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2017
nrexzy:

I thought d marriage vow is for better for worst...

I guess it has changed ooo. It’s now for better or I run away.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by omuo1(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Yes is not right to leave her husband house, because Bible made us to understand that we have one reason why you can upsout from a relationship "adultery" and the man is not, i can only advice you to talk to her so as to reunion with her husband.
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by okerekeikpo: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying ur sister is an olosho o but she should try n change
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by khome(f): 6:59am On Oct 25, 2017
sKy007:
The man could not even pay his rent which means that he is seriously financially handicap, therefore for the wife to leave him at such instances shows that she is not understanding
Who knows if d man spends his money on some other things
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Butbest: 7:09am On Oct 25, 2017
She's d one who know wht she's facing in dat marrage. As for you just work to support the children cos d future of does children us very important.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by victorazyvictor(m): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2017
Benita27:
What was the so called husband expecting when he failed to be responsible to his wife and kids?. As far as I'm concerned, they stopped being married long ago, perhaps you think she's still married 'cause they've not divorced legally. That being said, if you're concerned about her life I'm sure she'll ask you to mind your business 'cause she's an adult.

Well I don't know your background o or how u were brought up, but for me I think the woman has no love.

Nobody is perfect and woman primary objective in marriage is supporter "helper" moral, spiritual, financial or whatever. has she found out the man's problem? only what she is after is to sleep around. every woman is not a wife material. ashawo will always be ashawo.

I use myself as an example, my woman is indeed my super woman. when I had nothing she kept encouraging me to move on no mater and today I can't make decisions without consulting her, buying her a private jet won't even be enough to compare the height of encouragement she gave me when I was nothing.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by elfeezy(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
What has she done to make the man a better husband? If she cnt do anything to make her marriage work, then She should divorce properly if she doesn't want to b tagged a B*tch.. What insolence
@op, talk sense into her head, i cnt believe a graduate is asking this question.
Come what has graduate got to do with this? does been a graduate a guaranty to solving any problem??mtchww
simple advise will do jare

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by highchief1: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2017
Amberon11:
So doesn't the African culture say that men should be the breadwinners? Or are you a hypocrite?
im a double chief

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by pocohantas(f): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Well I don't know your background o or how u were brought up, but for me I think the woman has no love.

Nobody is perfect and woman primary objective in marriage is supporter "helper" moral, spiritual, financial or whatever. has she found out the man's problem? only what she is after is to sleep around. every woman is not a wife material. ashawo will always be ashawo.

I use myself as an example, my woman is indeed my super woman. when I had nothing she kept encouraging me to move on no mater and today I can't make decisions without consulting her, buying her a private jet won't even be enough to compare the height of encouragement she gave me when I was nothing.

Were you using all the little money you had to smoke and drink when you had no money?

How many of you men can cope with an irresponsible wife? Make una dey talk true sometimes...it doesn't kill.

Amberon11:
Its obvious you were raised by a lipstick wearing goat.
LOL. It's too early to laugh ahbeg!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Leriebloom(f): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2017
keepingmum:
But shes already separated from the man....shes shouldering the responsibilities of x2 men by herself and you are still criticising her.
Did she spend the brideprice or waa it not ur folks the money was paid to?
Your family should gather the brideprice and refund it to the man if you are that bothered.
[/b]Instead of you gossiping about your sister on the net you people should be querying why a full grown man cannot look after himself and one child[b]. Hes not even responsible for his daughter yet you want your sister ro return to him.
By law, they are separated and whatever shes doing isnt cheating....the irresponsible man has money for cigs and drinks but not for books for his only son!!
And there are male species on this thread supporting that behaviour?
If you must seak to ur sis then address that irresponsibility first as thats the cause of the symptoms your sister is displaying today.....otherwise mind your business....

i tire

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by nrexzy: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2017
sholajigga:

I guess it has changed ooo. It’s now for better or I run away.
Don't mind them some single ignorant people would write shit exposing the level of intellect
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by zinizta: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2017
Benita27:
What was the so called husband expecting when he failed to be responsible to his wife and kids?. As far as I'm concerned, they stopped being married long ago, perhaps you think she's still married 'cause they've not divorced legally. That being said, if you're concerned about her life I'm sure she'll ask you to mind your business 'cause she's an adult.
What Happened To The "For Better, For Worse" Vow? Nobody Forced Her Into The Marriage In The First Place.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by salt1: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Op, that little boy. Beg your sister to forgive and rescue that little boy.
He doesn't have a father. And now doesn't have a mother too!
Whatever issue she has with her husband is their beef.

That innocent child shouldn't pay a heavy penalty for being born by an irresponsible father and a headstrong mother

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by sholajigga(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2017
okerekeikpo:
I'm not saying ur sister is an olosho o but she should try n change

You called her “olosho”. Lol
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by sholajigga(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Awww that’s so sweet!
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by snowblaq(f): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2017
nrexzy:

I thought d marriage vow is for better for worst...

Yes it is for better or worse... But a stupid man cannot purposely use that to hold you to ransome.... If the man refuses to change... Then separation is adviced.... Maybe that would clear his head enough to have a rethink....
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Medicineguy: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2017
sKy007:
The man could not even pay his rent which means that he is seriously financially handicap, therefore for the wife to leave him at such instances shows that she is not understanding
Now I understand why the first husband's family chased her away...Don't be suprised if she is the one feeding her new boyfriend ..the circle continues
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Medicineguy: 8:29am On Oct 25, 2017
snowblaq:

Yes it is for better or worse... But a stupid man cannot purposely use that to hold you to ransome.... If the man refuses to change... Then separation is adviced.... Maybe that would clear his head enough to have a rethink....
u know.. it goes both ways
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Ojemedad: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:

So a graduate should be Mr. know it all?

your brain self!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:01am On Oct 25, 2017
Ojemedad:

So a graduate should be Mr. know it all?

your brain self!
What happens to ur brain? Must u resort to insult? Please grow up, kid. I believe a literate should b able to differentiate between good and bad. If it's bad, he should b able to talk to his sister and caution her not creating unnecessary thread.
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2017
elfeezy:

Come what has graduate got to do with this? does been a graduate a guaranty to solving any problem??mtchww
simple advise will do jare

Why don't u drop ur own advice and go ur way, must u quote me?
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2017
wetin u won go ask again, are u not an adult? you are seeing the handwriting on the walls yet you still won go ask. .if sheis ok n the guy that comes everytime or every nite or calls her is making her happy n to leave her life again, fine. .
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Oyindidi(f): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2017
Benita27:
The marriage ended the very day she left his house. How irresponsible can one get, he can't even pay his rent.
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Freeman59: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
Amberon11:
You seem to be dyslexic. What part of the article suggests that the woman disregards the well being of her children? Na wa for your train of thought.

Why do you think I'm dyslexic? Whatever that means....

Na wa for your train of thought
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2017
she should go and get her son back and manage to raise them all together no matter how hard. otherwise what she suffered with a husband she may suffer with her only son and probably lose him too

after second marriage she knows the right thing to do

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by pweetiedee(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:

A lady asking this question, so if u were d one, u don't knw what to do or u will also run away like d woman?. OK o

You for just advise.

You didn't have to type this.

People learn every day. I asked u a simple question.
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2017
pweetiedee:

You for just advise.

You didn't have to type this.

People learn every day. I asked u a simple question.
Kk. lipsrsealed
Re: My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially by 400billionman: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Greenbullet:
Nobody should insult the woman, it is not easy to take care of a child talk less of 4 , why are men this useless, you can't even pay house rent but you can drink crates of beer , all dis small boys on this thread go dey curse the woman , when una still dey collect allowance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture / Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.