Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (39082 Views)

A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by UfuomaUN(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Thank you, dat is why i cant marry a person with such mentality, u av ur preference and i have mine. this country is in dire need of educated people. the people u are mentioning , many of dem accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people. so mentioning them makes me pity you.

I had this mentality couple of years ago when I was in my final year, still relishing the thought of brandishing my high GPA in the eyes of anyone that bothered to give me audience. Today I'm in the Engineering industry, learning from people who had less formal education than I did but ironically are more sound technically and way successful than I could ever imagine. And guess what? Most of them from what I've learnt personally have affected society more than our so called first class students- the pride of tertiary education.

and I could go on and on...but in simple University education is shit.... especially in Nigeria

So pls, University education is over rated

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by stellarsfinest: 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
We are shapened by our society and its really a tough job to fight the mentality. If i was a girl i would consider a guy with no degree in a western country (after sampling his intellectual capability tho) But in nigeria, its a tough job to make it without without degree

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by khalhokage(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:

Drop outs of Havard with programming certifications grin. The OP actually specified SSCE holders in his opening post...
They must be tired of being used as examples cry

My dear anybody smart enough can get programming certification, people get those in computer schools, you're right though the OP specified SSCE.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Acidosis(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
I don't judge or rate people based on their level of classroom education.

Some YouTube Channels are way better than an entire public university in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
dasherz:

So, why did you stick to that first class guy, when there are other first class graduates who are very enlightened and of sound reasoning.

'cause it pleases you argument or there are no enlightened graduates?

It's overrated, yet you're in school, calling yourself proud 'engineer'. Wonderful!

the only education I consider good enough for an individual is the basic education and high school education which gives you a general view of life

tertiary education is meant to sharpen your skill in any career choice you wish to get involved in but it in no way makes you intelligent ... Yes I am in a tertiary institution cos I chose to be an Engineer and I can only be a professional in that field when I an tutored by other professionals in the said field ... Tertiary education doesn't make you any better than a well informed non graduate out there who is well informed and vexed in what he does
the only difference is that you have a degree and he doesn't
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by SEXONLY: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
You're partially right. Meanwhile, can we be friends?

phintohlar:
yes ke, everything we do or become has been written.. It is called destiny
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Abiolaseyi(m): 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
phintohlar:
Why not, i know weda na me tell God when i dey come world say na ssce holder i wan marry. Sanyeri (a yoruba actor) isn't educated but married a unilag graduate.
interesting, what many have forgotten is the fact that schooling is different from education. Majority of Nigeria graduate doesn't even use their mind.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
pryme:

There was a time I work at NYSC orientation camp, I must tell you, my experience there made me realize we dont have educated ppl cos they have BScs, we only have ppl with a paper called certificate. Some BSc holders cant fill their names in their green cards. Two corp members that were caught fvcking in a gutter could barely carve out a statement.

I lost all respect for this BSc holders when I dated one.
The only use for BSc in this country is to land a good level when you are employed by the Govt (My job is the only reason I went back to school), other than that, a BSc holder is only one that spent 4yrs in school NOT an Enlightened Person.

So i couldnt agree with you more.
its now very common.there are many graduates who can't even spell their names.i think the trend is persisting because many people who have never being in the four corners of a classroom now buy fake Bsc certificates under the mango treecheesy.its now a thriving business in some institutions.u got the money and the syndicate hands u your fake certificate.naija we hail theecheesy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
dasherz:

So, why did you stick to that first class guy, when there are other first class graduates who are very enlightened and of sound reasoning.

'cause it pleases you argument or there are no enlightened graduates?

It's overrated, yet you're in school, calling yourself proud 'engineer'. Wonderful!

the only education I consider good enough for an individual is the basic education and high school education which gives you a general view of life

tertiary education is meant to sharpen your skill in any career choice you wish to get involved in but it in no way makes you intelligent ... Yes I am in a tertiary institution cos I chose to be an Engineer and I can only be a professional in that field when I an tutored by other professionals in the said field ... Tertiary education doesn't make you any better than a well informed non graduate out there who is well informed and vexed in what he does
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
khalhokage:

My dear anybody smart enough can get programming certification, people get those in computer schools, you're right though the OP specified SSCE.

Let's leave semantics and be sincere with ourselves.

Most people don't just stop at SSCE in Nigeria and go digging for every available knowledge like Gates and Zuckerberg did. The average Nigerian isn't that thirsty for knowledge. A Nigerian that stops at SSCE is either one rebellious child or due to lack of funds. The next step is to learn business, not build Facebook or Microsoft.

I never said drop outs are not enlightened anyway. I just love enlightened professionals, my choice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by inotice: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
forget all these online gimmicks and false claims,A man with just PrimarySix cert. that is hardworking in this era of Nigeria and knows his way around women,will not only be marriageable but will have options to choose from.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by mixter(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Peachess:
. Most educated people can't even have a reasonable conversation not to talk of a school dropout.
Savagery. No chill you have Peachess
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Chikwado1991(m): 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.
after now you go say no man wan Marry you
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by mixter(m): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:
I can .. so far he's not a dumbo ... a degree doesn't make you enlightened ... you choose to be enlightened in the mind degree or none
Word. Well spoken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by mixter(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=pocohantas post=61732769]NO. Not just having the degree, but being grounded in his field...academically.

Please, nobody should come here to form holier than thou and smh for Nigerians. We all have something that attracts us to the opposite sex, love isn't blind after all. That's why some guys won't marry that hardworking girl selling fish in the market, you'll prefer the hardworking banker.

For some, it's religious inclination, some educational, physical, financial, cultural...etc. It doesn't make you better than them, you also saw something in your own partner that they probably won't care about, because it's not something that ticks the box for them.

Except you can marry that uneducated, timid, disabled [I mean no offence to this group], and not too good looking male/female, don't just try to form better than others.

We all have our choices, If you're not condescending about it...no probz.[/quote
Akonuche dey your head. Well said. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by leoblacky: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2017
Wise up degree did not detamine someone's happiness OK and many okada riders are degree holders.nonchench.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2017
leoblacky:
Wise up degree did not detamine someone's happiness OK and many okada riders are degree holders.nonchench.

lwkmd ... nigga you ain't gat no chill left cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:02am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

Come dash me sense na.
Intelligent people that throw about insults. Is this how you intelligent people discuss? I rather be dumb grin

Tell me, where do you fall? The ones with/out 'overrated certificate'? I wanna know what to blame you rude nature on. Lack of education or substandard education. Which is it?
I am not insulting you ma. I am telling you how dumb you sound. Read about Enzo Ferrari, Read about Phiona Mutesi. You will realise what I am saying about you. You said I am insulting you, did you see you just displayed what I am saying about you. I am sure you are still in school. I have passed through school and I have moved with people. Going to school does not make you an intelligent person.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2017
leoblacky:
Tell them.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2017
khalhokage:
The richest men in the world today are mostly either dropouts or never went to a higher institution.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs three of the greatest programming minds of our generation are all dropouts.

People need to know that there's a difference between knowledge and intelligence.
u comparing abroad with Nigeria where their education system is superb. Their high school in the US or what we call secondary school here is developed. Even bill gates that is a drop out u certainly can't compare him to a drop out here.look,when i was in 100 level in the university there was this advanced man offering GST with us.This man has 3 wives with six children and he has a very big gas station.he is a man who is well off as we heard and he was studying law.so no matter ur age or size...education is important.look at this country and see how e don retrogress.na course na illiterates wey dey handle the affairs of this country dats why the country dey backward.look at buhari that thinks that Germany is still called western Germanycheesy.illiteracy na disease abegcheesy.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:15am On Oct 26, 2017
Dasherz:

Well said. When I was in school, I went for a month program at ajaokuta where they were installing gas turbine power plant. As an engineering student then, I mean mechanical. I humbled myself just for me to learn from the weathers working there. They didn't go to school o, but as someone that want to become welding inspector, I have to humble to learn from them. They have the skills and are intelligent in it. Why didn't I just jump into the work and start welding because I have been thought in book in school.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Revolva(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.

see ur life what does certificate has to do concerning to be a good father that can provide for his children you think say na by masters shame on you
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Probz(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=mixter post=61774102][/quote]

Oh for f*ck’s sake. I need to tweak this my moniker if the alternative means I have to be notified every time someone says “probz.”
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:16am On Oct 26, 2017
lefulefu:
u comparing abroad with Nigeria where their education system is superb. Their high school in the US or what we call secondary school here is developed. Even bill gates that is a drop out u certainly can't compare him to a drop out here.look,when i was in 100 level in the university there was this advanced man offering GST with us.This man has 3 wives with six children and he has a very big gas station.he is a man who is well off as we heard and he was studying law.so no matter ur age or size...education is important.look at this country and see how e don retrogress.na course na illiterates wey dey handle the affairs of this country dats why the country dey backward.look at buhari that thinks that Germany is still called western Germanycheesy.illiteracy na disease abegcheesy.
What of Thomas Edison. Abi you want to tell me Harvard has been in existence then?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 26, 2017
koolaid87:

So true!

So the likes of mayweather(boxer) can't patronize you?? Cos yes, he doesn't have any degree.

With all him riches, you will say no?

I don't think so.
cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
What of Thomas Edison. Abi you want to tell me Harvard has been in existence then?
hope u do know in western nations apart from the regular schools they have what u call hometown schooling.do we have such in Nigeria?
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:18am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
I am not insulting you ma. I am telling you how dumb you sound. Read about Enzo Ferrari, Read about Phiona Mutesi. You will realise what I am saying about you. You said I am insulting you, did you see you just displayed what I am saying about you. I am sure you are still in school. I have passed through school and I have moved with people. Going to school does not make you an intelligent person.

Intelligent man...good morning. I can't even remember saying I am intelligent, you sure you're not the dumb one.

When are you changing the world with your 'intelligence'? You seem to know how to identify dumb people, like you some standard grin

mixter:
Akonuche dey your head. Well said. Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks jare. Civil people that respect the opinion and choices of others. Not idiots throwing tantrums... so much for being enlightened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by LionInBoxOffice(m): 12:18am On Oct 26, 2017
Some comments here are just hilarious.Marriage is much more than certificate. Marriage is about "COMPATIBLITY ".

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
Some comments here are just hilarious.Marriage is much more than certificate. Marriage is about "COMPATIBLITY ".

And isn't compatibility a product of 'compatible' interest?
Can you be compatible with just anyone or you have things you look out for? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Konquest: 12:22am On Oct 26, 2017
smiley
Acidosis:
I don't judge or rate people based on their level of classroom education.

Some YouTube Channels are way better than an entire public university in Nigeria.
^^^^^^^
You're absolutely correct!

Larry King, the iconic Sonny Okosun,
Patrick Doyle etc, are some of the millions
of people who never had Uni degrees
but carved a nitch for themselves as
professionals in their fields of endeavors.

Online education is also available
for continuous education at no cost
for the benefit of all via YouTube Education and more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 12:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
Well said. When I was in school, I went for a month program at ajaokuta where they were installing gas turbine power plant. As an engineering student then, I mean mechanical. I humbled myself just for me to learn from the weathers working there. They didn't go to school o, but as someone that want to become welding inspector, I have to humble to learn from them. They have the skills and are intelligent in it. Why didn't I just jump into the work and start welding because I have been thought in book in school.

and the funny thing is that what we kill ourselves to learn in classes only few of the pages are really applied in engineering ... most engineers have to undergo some training (most of the trainers are non graduates) to be well vexed with what they're to face in the industry
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pansophist(m): 12:24am On Oct 26, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

There is a difference between ''schooling'' and ''education''. What you actually meant is that you want a man that has passed through the walls of a university, not actually an educated man. Education has nothing to do with going to a university, schooling is merely complementary to education, not education in itself. In no acceptable measure will autodidacts be classified as uneducated, as many of them have changed the world with their ingenuity.

Because someone didn't attend university doesn't mean they prohibit schooling, you are mixing different things together. If you knew the history of organized education, you would know that it is not okay to judge someone for not attending a university. The benchmark of being truly educated should be capped on illiteracy and individual capability, not by attending a conventional school that does more on surpressing student's creativity than actually enhancing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / Different Ages Of Unmarried Guys And The Way They See Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.