Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (39070 Views)

A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Xisnin(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
yeyerolling:
what has intelligence gat to do with bsc or cert

It depends on how you define intelligence.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Pride and ego won't allow ladies admit they will date men that are not educated but when money comes in place they swallow their pride and lower their standard

Isn't Asha Buhari more educated than most of the ladies on this thread yet she married Bubu cheesy

Cc
Lefulefu
Most of dem are just pretending

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by talk2percy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Peachess:
No, fucking way, I can't do that. You don't expect me to go through the stress of getting a degree, then settling with someone lesser than I am. The truth is, there's always going to be jealousy and so many annoying shit like that. I want someone that reasons better than me, that I can have a reasonable conversation with. Most educated people can't even have a reasonable conversation not to talk of a school dropout.
and u forgot that there are people with SSCE that reasons more deeply and holds an interesting conversation more than graduates and even more focused? It all depends on what we want in life anyways. And nobi these half-baked gradutes wey our universities dey dish out yearly wey full everywhere??
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pasol4real(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Thank you, dat is why i cant marry a person with such mentality, u av ur preference and i have mine. this country is in dire need of educated people. the people u are mentioning , many of dem accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people. so mentioning them makes me pity you.
It is u who shud pity yourself cos u still live in the world of complete n total ignorance .
For u to still have this kind of mentality is really pathetic.
For ur info schooling is different from education,that u have a bsc does not mean u are educated .there is more to education than mere school certificates n degrees.
The western world have come to realise this hence their shift and less emphasis on conventional schooling .
My point is putting too much emphasis on certificates is a very dumb thing to do.
Tuface may not have à degree ,but how many degree holders can claim to be more sophisticated more intelligient ,more exposed more experienced and more succesful in life .

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by koolaid87: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.

So true!

So the likes of mayweather(boxer) can't patronize you?? Cos yes, he doesn't have any degree.

With all him riches, you will say no?

I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

There is a BIG difference between being educated and having a degree..BIG DIFFERENCE!

I think my first post addressed that, the post you quoted wasn't addressing the difference between both...but a case off wealth.
Anything else?
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Junker007: 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
mexxmoney:

Ahmed Musa and Emenike accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people? Really? What of coscharis, Ifeanyi ubah, Steve jobs, bill gates e.t.c all are dropouts

I think she's right to some extent
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by deavicky(m): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.
I'm just curious, would u say no tu face because of degree.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
MaritzaNL:
You are not making any sense, I'm sapiosexual and I can only marry intelligent person.

For your info, I don't do cram and pour, you can't do that in my course, you will fail woefully.

when we talk about intelligence ... a degree doesn't qualify a person as intelligent .. I know a first class dude in my school (studying chemical engineering) that's quite an academic feat but sincerely outside the walls of academics the dude is DUMB AS FVCK

so intelligence beats down degrees by far ...
there are so many graduates and undergraduates out there that their sense of intelligence can't be differentiated from a tout on the streets ..cant express themselves, can't keep up with intelligent conversations yet they are degree holders

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:

when we talk about intelligence ... a degree doesn't qualify a person as intelligent .. I know a first class dude in my school (studying chemical engineering) that's quite an academic feat but sincerely outside the walls of academics the dude is DUMB AS FVCK

so intelligence beats down degrees by far ...
there are so many graduates and undergraduates out there that their sense of intelligence can't be differentiated from a tout on the streets ..cant express themselves, can't keep up with intelligent conversations yet they are degree holders

But as a potential degree holder, are you dumb as fvck? grin

ivolt:

If this was all you did during uni days, then you are not really educated,
you just happen to have a certificate.
I am beginning to think that's what majority of them did, with the way they are bringing up that analogy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:
NO. Not just having the degree, but being grounded in his field...academically.

Please, nobody should come here to form holier than thou and smh for Nigerians. We all have something that attracts us to the opposite sex, love isn't blind after all. That's why some guys won't marry that hardworking girl selling fish in the market, you'll prefer the hardworking banker.

For some, it's religious inclination, some educational, physical, financial, cultural...etc. It doesn't make you better than them, you also saw something in your own partner that they probably won't care about, because it's not something that ticks the box for them.

Except you can marry that uneducated, timid, disabled [I mean no offence to this group], and not too good looking male/female, don't just try to form better than others.

We all have our choices, If you're not condescending about it...no probz.

like I always tell ladies don't ever lower your standard.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by tosyne2much(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
talk2percy:
and u forgot that there are people with SSCE that reasons more deeply and holds an interesting conversation more than graduates and even more focused? It all depends on what we want in life anyways. And nobi these half-baked gradutes wey our universities dey dish out yearly wey full everywhere??
Abi oooo.. It annoys me when people think that non educated people have low faculty of reasoning.

With the kinds of graduates our institutions are churning out, it's hard to decipher graduates from illiterates these days cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by micflo28(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
as pure breed Igbo man, I have seen the wasteful management style of non. educated CEO's and I have chosen to be educated same as my kids. As for the ladies, its okay to marry an ssce holder except if his reasons for not furthering is due to his inability to withstand further education complexity. I would want to transfer into my kids dullness. Academic brilliance should form a huge factor in selecting a hubby for marriage for the sake of your kids.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Respect55(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
With all due respect to all concerned, a graduate and a non graduate can never be the same.
Moreso, walk up to any man or lady who isn't a graduate and ask them if they wish they had gone to sch and watch dem echo YES.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by leo1234(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Peachess:
No, fucking way, I can't do that. You don't expect me to go through the stress of getting a degree, then settling with someone lesser than I am. The truth is, there's always going to be jealousy and so many annoying shit like that. I want someone that reasons better than me, that I can have a reasonable conversation with. Most educated people can't even have a reasonable conversation not to talk of a school dropout.

There is a big difference between going to school(university) and being educated. I know few secondary school dropouts that are more educated than 70% of Nigerian graduates. All you need is basic education because anybody who can read and write has the capability of developing himself further.
That you spent 4 years in the university does not make you an educated person.
It's funny when Nigerians attach much importance to Bsc and Msc.(majority paid for in cash or kind).
The most important thing in the life of a man is to be financially independent.

Op you need to change the topic to: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A RICH Non Degree Holder?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by musa7m(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
MaritzaNL HRHQueenPhil...QueenSekxy and the rest you people need to change environment once in a while

May una no worry at all....na degree holder..una dey look for abi?

By the time you reach 40 years for your father house...mr right with degree no show......na that time una go know say to fine husband no be ABC
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
Respect55:
With all due respect to all concerned, a graduate and a non graduate can never be the same.

Yimu

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:

But as a potential degree holder, are you dumb as fvck? grin

nah dear .. I can boldly say I am enlightened and still gettin more ... but if u get my point so many pipo just let the idea of having an education cloud their sense of reasoning .. like the sited example (first class student) outside the walls of academics he's no less different from the dude walking the streets

tertiary education is quite overrated in this country
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:

I think my first post addressed that, the post you quoted wasn't addressing the difference between both...but a case off wealth.
Anything else?

Naaah I'm good grin

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Notatribalist(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:
NO. Not just having the degree, but being grounded in his field...academically.

Please, nobody should come here to form holier than thou and smh for Nigerians. We all have something that attracts us to the opposite sex, love isn't blind after all. That's why some guys won't marry that hardworking girl selling fish in the market, you'll prefer the hardworking banker.

For some, it's religious inclination, some educational, physical, financial, cultural...etc. It doesn't make you better than them, you also saw something in your own partner that they probably won't care about, because it's not something that ticks the box for them.

Except you can marry that uneducated, timid, disabled [I mean no offence to this group], and not too good looking male/female, don't just try to form better than others.

We all have our choices, If you're not condescending about it...no probz.
even the guy on your dp?last time I checked he was just a footballer without degrees..
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:

nah dear .. I can boldly say I am enlightened and still gettin more ... but if u get my point so many pipo just let the idea of having an education cloud their sense of reasoning .. like the sited example (first class student) outside the walls of academics he's no less different from the dude walking the streets

Very overrated. And most companies are beginning to see that now. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by khristal87(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Even me as a guy, no matter hw beautiful or hard working u re, if u re nt educated and at the same time intelligent i cnt marry u.. Sometimes i try to make a conversation with ladies, their first two responses alone puts me off...i jst stay clear...individual differencies
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by greggng: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Does ur big degree put food on ur table?
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
WinningSun:

like I always tell ladies don't ever lower your standard.

Standard ke?
Nigerian women are not allowed to have a choice or standard o.
Any man we see, as long as he has prick, we will marry. Especially when we are approaching menopause or he is rich.
We must marry him! grin

Dasherz:

So, why did you stick to that first class guy, when there are other first class graduates who are very enlightened and of sound reasoning.

'cause it pleases you argument or there are no enlightened graduates?

It's overrated, yet you're in school, calling yourself proud 'engineer'. Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by khalhokage(m): 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
The richest men in the world today are mostly either dropouts or never went to a higher institution.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs three of the greatest programming minds of our generation are all dropouts.

People need to know that there's a difference between knowledge and intelligence.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
Respect55:
I disagree with you

there are so many non graduates out there with a better sense of judgement on handling life's issues and even some professional issues that a graduate will fail woefully at. getting an education is just to give you a sharper edge in you chosen field not to make you intelligent or wiser than the next person

real education is that which sharpens your mind and views not the one you sit in class and struggle through courses to be given one sheet of paper for ya effort that's just formality
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Esthergirl(f): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I can marry a non-degree holder only if he is smart,intelligent and has something good doing.I don't think having a degree has anything to do with the above mentioned qualities anyways cos I've seen people who have degrees but then, they are nothing to write home about.If he is someone I can rub minds with, then I'm good to go..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
pocohantas:

Standard ke?
Nigerian women are not allowed to have a choice or standard o.
Any man we see, as long as he has prick, we will marry. Especially when we are approaching menopause or he is rich.
We must marry him! grin

are you a member of the band wagon effect. any die na die.

no wonder many married women are not happy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
who degree help....
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by belindar: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Education is nothing these days.
A wealthy illiterate will marry a PhD holder .
Once you have money , you can marry any woman. Money answered all things. Forget about education these days.
If you see the way yahoo guys are controlling ladies , you will bow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by greggng: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:
I can .. so far he's not a dumbo ... a degree doesn't make you enlightened ... you choose to be enlightened in the mind degree or none

You made me falling inlove with u. Ur analytical mind set is superb. Anyways I am a standard 6 drop out. Hook me up if u re vacant
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by buffalowings: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
mexxmoney:

Ahmed Musa and Emenike accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people? Really? What of coscharis, Ifeanyi ubah, Steve jobs, bill gates e.t.c all are dropouts

Somehow you can count these supposedly successful figures with your hands.
Besides
Bill Gates and Steve jobs got admitted to unis
So they were not exactly dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Military Officer Knelt Down And Proposed To His Military Wife (Photos) / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.