Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (39083 Views)

A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by emi14: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.
how old are you? Does degrees guarantee success? Education is the best but not a must. Talk about success ok.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
Some comments here are just hilarious.Marriage is much more than certificate. Marriage is about "COMPATIBLITY ".
bro be honestcheesy.can u marry a stark illiterate ugu seller?
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2017
lefulefu:
hope u do know in western nations apart from the regular schools they have what u call hometown schooling.do we have such in Nigeria?
Buhari is educated and dumb. But Thomas Edison had no formal education, in fact he did not go to primary school. Yet, he invented what you call light today. Without him, you won't have light.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 26, 2017
MaritzaNL:
In as much as examination is not a true test of knowledge, albeit there is no others true test of knowledge known for now, we use it, but then if one is not a degree holder, it could only mean two things.

1)You couldn't get it as a result of financial constraint or other constraints which is quite understandable.

2)You are too plain dumb to be in a tertiary institution.

Notwithstanding, there are high class illiterates that hang around with b.sc, and b.sc doesn't mean someone is intelligent, but to an extent you are not on the same level with a non degree holder no matter how you view it
so as you dey so, if dem position you beside Bill Gates, you go talk say your level pass him level? Lol. I wanted to go to school, i might still have the spark right now but i have asked myself severally....what is the need for university? Knowledge? Who says i cant get that knowledge from any other place? Who says a degree is a proof of knowlegde and intelligence? To an extent that excersion still holds true but if i had the money, i can even buy ur certificate and keep for myself if dats what pple really want to see. Pple see uneducated pple as dumb yet not once, not twice, i've seen a lot of uneducated pple who are very rich, i've equally seen educated pple who are just plain useless. Intelligence is built from studying, not from having a certificate. And i choose to study from my toilet and not any lecturer school me? It doesnt make you who is a degree holder any better than me. Its a simple stuff. I think its even dumb to go to skul...reason? Well, most pple go to skul so they can get a job after skul...and you know how many percentage of pple who get employed after wasting time in skul? Am sure not up to 50%, and a lot of them are underpaid. If you go to skul for knowledge, you can as well employ some1 to teach you at home or teach urself. If you go to skul to be given a certificate, well you can as well buy that certificate...you can even buy extra if you wish. So you see? Spending 5 years in the university just so you can be recognized as a graduate and probably as an intelligent dude is a stuipid decision to me. You would be better off using that time to improve urself financially. Ur certificate is useless if it doesnt put food on ur table.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
Buhari is educated and dumb. But Thomas Edison had no formal education, in fact he did not go to primary school. Yet, he invented what you call light today. Without him, you won't have light.
he probably had a home run education so u wrong when u say Edison was never educated.And on buhari who said he's educated?
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 26, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.

Even a school cert holder like me cannot make such a glaring grammatical blunder
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

Intelligent man...good morning. I can't even remember saying I am intelligent, you sure you're not the dumb one.

When are you changing the world with your 'intelligence'? You seem to know how to identify dumb people, like you some standard grin

Thanks jare. Civil people that respect the opinion and choices of others. Not idiots throwing tantrums... so much for being enlightened.
I am done dragging with you. Since your certificate qualifies you as intelligent person. Then I have no say again. Take care.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by emi14: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2017
yeyerolling:
even is his name is Wilfred Ndidi or Kelechi Iheanacho grin. Dey decieve ya self
whoever posted this rubbish is a poo
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by LionInBoxOffice(m): 12:31am On Oct 26, 2017
lefulefu:
bro be honestcheesy.can u marry a stark illiterate ugu seller?
I can.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 26, 2017
yeyerolling:
which bsc does indimi, ahmed musa or emenike have . Having a bsc doesnt make u a beta or worse person. In the uk (who colonised us) secondary school education is seen as enuf. A female doc can marry a gardner or cleaner. And no fuss wud be made of it. We really have a long way to go in nigeria. Some have bsc they cant speak or write good english. All those expats in julius berger, cappa and d alberto, and those oil workers in PH . most dont have bsc just vocational courses. Smh for nigeria o

The juxtaposition abounds. Dude, this is Nigeria not the UK...
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by jelel6: 12:33am On Oct 26, 2017
rawpadgin:
from ur write up i can deduce that you are educated but u reason like an illiterate

no offense

bros, I couldn't agree more with you. we are in trouble in this part of the world.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Pacesetter123(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2017
Marriage is all about happiness,joy,fulfilment and not.............lemme stop there.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
]I am done dragging with you. Since your certificate qualifies you as intelligent person. Then I have no say again. Take care.

Please, don't be stupid next time.
Nowhere did I say people with certificates are more intelligent, neither did I say my preference is based on intelligence. Follow a discourse, don't just jump on it like a rhesus money and start throwing tantrums, it makes you look very silly. Today is a good day, try it next time and I will give it to you as e dey hot. You are hereby ignored.

Take care too.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:34am On Oct 26, 2017
lefulefu:
he probably had a home[b] run education[/b] so u wrong when u say Edison was never educated.And on buhari who said he's educated?
Run education ko, walk education ni.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by LionInBoxOffice(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

And isn't compatibility a product of 'compatible' interest?
Can you be compatible with just anyone or you have things you look out for? undecided
hello dear, marriage is never based on certificate(s). No matter how you view it.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:37am On Oct 26, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
[color=#000099][hello dear, marriage is never based on certificate(s). No matter how you view it./color]

Don't shy away from the question.
Can you marry just any person, or you have qualities you look out for? 'Certificate' is a quality to some people.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

Please, don't be stupid next time.
Nowhere did I say people with certificates are more intelligent, neither did I say my preference is based on intelligence. Follow a discourse, don't just jump on it like a rhesus money and start throwing tantrums, it makes you look very silly. Today is a good day, try it next time and I will give it to you as e dey hot. You are hereby ignored.

Have a good day too.
Lol, you wouldn't want to try me. I have size for a type a girl like you. That why have been banned many times here. But I need to calm down. You will not want me to start with you cos I am not interested. Sleep well. Don't vociferate too much.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by ACDONCHRIS: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2017
Hello, Ladies. Interesting views so far, I must tell you. I don't intend meddling with all the ladies throwing around arguments. Please take note of the following:

1. Possession of a degree does not, in anyway, make you think better than someone without it.

2. Marrying a man that possesses a degree does not guarantee you a happy marriage.

3. Bagging a degree is not the true definition of education. Simply put, you're not better educated than one without it.

4. It's not every man without a degree that is jealous of a career-loving wife.

5. 99% of the people that have interracted with me in all spheres of life in the last 12 years (including you) did not know that I never had a degree (till today) .

6. I do not have a degree. What I possess is NCE. With it, I taugh in schools, worked in the financial services sector, worked in the construction and building sector, etc. before resigning into self-employment in October, 2015. Currently in Church, I oversee hundreds of very learned personalities, yet if they are told today that I'm not a graduate, they will say, "it's a lie." Today, I run my own successful school and farm. My in-laws to be do not even bother asking if I'm a graduate or not. Infact, they do not even know and even if they're told, they'll never believe it. My father-in-law to be is a serving Navy Capt. in the Nigerian Navy. I'm marrying their daughter by God's grace next year. I have never stepped outside the shores of Nigeria. Even though I don't possess a university degree, my wife to be does not even bother. It's very good to be a graduate, but that's not all to life.

7. I'm just 32.

Ladies, what do you have to say about me?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:38am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
Lol, you wouldn't want to try me. I have size for a type a girl like you. That why have been banned many times here. But I need to calm down. You will not want me to start with you cos I am not interested. Sleep well.

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2017
ACDONCHRIS:
Hello, Ladies. Interesting views so far, I must tell you. I don't intend meddling with all the ladies throwing around arguments. Please take note of the following:

1. Possession of a degree does not, in anyway, make you think better than someone without it.

2. Marrying a man that possesses a degree does not guarantee you a happy marriage.

3. Bagging a degree is not the true definition of education. Simply put, you're not better educated than one without it.

4. It's not every man without a de that is jealous of a career-loving wife.

5. 99% of the people that have interracted with me in all spheres of life in the last 12 years (including you) did not know that I never had a degree (till today) .

6. I do not have a degree. What I possess is NCE. With it, I taugh in schools, worked in the financial services sector, worked in the construction and building sector, etc. before resigning into self-employment in October, 2015. Currently in Church, I oversee hundreds of very learned personalities, yet if they are told today that I'm not a graduate, they would say, "it's a lie." Today, I run my own successful school and farm. My in-laws to be do not even know and even if they're told, they'll never believe it. I have never stepped outside the shores of Nigeria. Even though I don't possess a university degree, my wife to be does not even bother. I'm just 32.

Ladies, what do you have to say about me?

Marrying you doesn't guarantee happiness either smiley...
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by LionInBoxOffice(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

Don't shy away from the question.
Can you marry just any person, or you have qualities you look out for? 'Certificate' is a quality to some people.
I can marry just any person (yeah, it's possible). But I "WILL" marry sb I'm compatible with.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:41am On Oct 26, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
I can marry just any person (yeah, it's possible). But I "WILL" marry sb I'm compatible with.

Compatible based on some personal qualities you find attractive? grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by oluangelkay(f): 12:42am On Oct 26, 2017
11Anonymous:
I've been thinking about how our present girls are selective grin and I came up with this.
Can you as a girl marry a guy that has only an SSCE certificate? (stopped at SS3)
I can, what matters is the maturity and understanding. Everything doesnt go down to ur degree, there are men that have the degree yet they cant respect or take care of their women. Some people couldnt finish school cos of circumstances, so u dnt have to judge him. My fiance stopped at SSCE, but he insisted that he must marry a graduate, atleast one that can teach their kids the worth of education and be able to defend him when the certificate is needed I am a graduate of mass communication and he is the best thing that happens to me.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by LionInBoxOffice(m): 12:43am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

Compatible based on some personal qualities you find attractive? grin

you're deviating.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by hartson(m): 12:43am On Oct 26, 2017
Will read up later no time
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 26, 2017
Michael004:
Run education ko, walk education ni.
guy, some children there learn in the comfort of their homes.the parents hire private tutors to teach them.so not all need attend the four walls of a classroom.u think if Edison was probably pushing truck or doing bus conductor he would have dat time or interest to invent anythingcheesy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Alezy(m): 12:45am On Oct 26, 2017
MaritzaNL:
You are not making any sense, I'm sapiosexual and I can only marry intelligent person.

For your info, I don't do cram and pour, you can't do that in my course, you will fail woefully.
hnmmm....and what course is that??
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Michael004: 12:46am On Oct 26, 2017
lefulefu:
guy, some children there learn in the comfort of their homes.the parents hire private tutors to teach them.so not all need attend the four walls of a classroom.u think if Edison was probably pushing truck or doing bus conductor he would have dat time or interest to invent anythingcheesy.
I wouldn't argue with you on him.
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=pocohantas post=61774470][/quote] d way u dey get under the skin of some guys ehncheesy

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 12:48am On Oct 26, 2017
LionInBoxOffice:
you're deviating.

Because you're realising you have qualities you actually look out for, something different from certificate, but superficial in it's own way. Something that makes the lady more compatible with you.
Something you might say and I will likely tell you, it's not important, what matters is 'compatibility'. Then we wonder what is compatibility?

You don't have to answer me here, you know the answer.
Good morning grin

lefulefu:
d way u dey get under the skin of some guys ehncheesy

I love to see them run around in circles... tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.... Interesting comments so far! It's amazing how nowadays ladies are always quick to lay claim on degree without truly defining the actual meaning of it and differentiating between degree and education.

You see, few years back, when I finished my secondary education, I had no money or means to further my education through the University, so I settled to serve the Traditional Igbo Apprenticeship. Five years after, 2016, I got settled and I established my own business.... Thriving successfully.

Meanwhile, while I was serving, I consciously made a life long commitment of educating myself through books and stuffs I read from Nairaland and following good writers etcetera....

Now fast forward to 2017, I now have uncountable number of Ladies(graduates) who want to have Bob as their bf even without me seeing the fall walls of the university. And they know it.

So, it's not about certificate, it's about the SAbificate.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by TiffanyDavies(f): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2017
mexxmoney:

Ahmed Musa and Emenike accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people? Really? What of coscharis, Ifeanyi ubah, Steve jobs, bill gates e.t.c all are dropouts
You can't compare the environment in advanced countries to our Nigerian environment. Outside the country, there are specific jobs for certain categories of people. A high school graduate can work as a cashier or sales clerk. One who isn't schooled can work on a farm. A university graduate won't get a job as a cashier in a grocery store. He would be told that he's over qualified. At the end of the day, the guy with a job on the farm will still be able to afford pleasure trips or vacations in other countries cos he earns a decent minimum wage. In Nigeria it doesnt work that way. To work in most big departmental stores, you have to have an OND or HND. And of course, our minimum wage doesn't apply to private businesses. The amount stipulated as minimum wage is nothing to write home about and those who aren't schooled haven't got a chance to get jobs with better pay. If those who aren't schooled don't have a chance in their own country, what options do you think they have abroad? True Ahmed Musa and some other footballers are millionaires but his wealth can only be tied to football or businesses acquired by him. He will still employ graduates to keep the businesses afloat. Not everyone can be a lucky footballer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / Different Ages Of Unmarried Guys And The Way They See Romance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.