Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke (3183 Views)

We Look Beautiful And Fine But No Man Is Approaching Us – US Female Soldiers / Nigerian Ladies Are Approaching Menopause & No Men To Marry Them - Owerri Lady / God Let My Husband Be So Broke So He Won’t Have Money To Cheat” – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by mabeni(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hello Pals!
Please, I'll like an advice on what cheap and valuable gift I can buy for my GF which u think she'll appreciate. I'm actually working but right now I'm so broke and her birthday is just few days away.
I really don't even know who to borrow from right now. She understands the fact that I'm broke but I don't feel too good about not buying any gift for her birthday.
Please, girls,what would u expect from your BF if he were in my situation?
and guys, what would you do if u were in my shoes?
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by SingleDaddy: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
I will stop being broke. undecided

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Blackhawk01: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
Errrrrmmm, must you buy her something?

8 Likes

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Arabiandude: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
I won't do anything not worth doing because it won't be her first neither will it be her last birthday on planet earth. Who says I won't celebrate her much better next year or when next I have the funds to treat her well on her birthday?

3 Likes

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Greene66: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
Get a life dude.. If "Happy Birthday" isn't enough for the little girl, then get rid of her and pursue much better things in life..

If u have the cash, fine.. But since u don't, why borrow?? Seriously? Why not borrow or loan capital to start a better business so you won't be broke again?

Men.. After they will say, women want money. See this one now.. Wants to borrow.

9 Likes

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by princy80(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Competition time! Other boyfriends are still looking for what to buy also grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Don't borrow money to get someone a gift. It's totally wrong. If you don't have, you can't kill yourself. Wish her a "Happy Birthday" and move on with the relationship, if she's reasonable she'd understand.

9 Likes

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Lalas247(f): 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
Just do something nice .. cook a meal at home candle light dinner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Peachess(f): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
I won't advice to borrow money just because you wanna buy a gift for your girlfriend, if she loves you she'll understand that you don't have anything at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by kunlesufyan(m): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
Baba no kill yourself o, if you dont have then just explain to her. When money comes, take her out and make up... You are meant to plan your self, next time prepare weeks before the actual month.
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by MhizzAJ(f): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
You must be a very caring guy
Some guys don't even pay attention to things like this

Some guys won't even remember their babes birthday not to talk of buying her a gift

I believe she would understand that you re so broke at the moment
You can always make up some other time.

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by SuperSuave(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
I'm just reading at all the comments saying he shouldn't bother himself, "happy birthday is enough", "don't borrow", don't do this and that trying to act cool and all that but if they were the ones whose bf can't afford a gift....grin

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by joyndidi: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by IAMSASHY(f): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
undecided my bday ws 13th of dis month, my guy isn't financially k at d moment, all l got from hm as a gift ws a text msg + he ws d first 2 cul and wish me hday by 12midnight of d sed day. Wat did I do? I started remembering all d tins he did 4 me in d past, gifts, phones, money. Dis a time of trial, u must nt buy her gift, if she really likes u, she wl understand. Anoda tin he did 2 make it more special ws he told his frnds it ws my bday, abt 8 of dem posted my pix on fb wishing me well. Emerging opening ur fb acct, u see ur pix everywhere, evrytin isn't abt gift jooor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
I don't see anything wrong in wishing her happy birthday without gift since she knew that you are broke.

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by QueenSekxy(f): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
but it isn't compulsory you get her something! you can call, send messages and make her feel so special..
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Kylekent59: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
You have not even cater for yourself and your family and you are here reasoning about your GF whom you might not even marry.

My father would tell me, huzzle,make money,marry,have kids,make them have a bright future and when you become old,they are gonna take care of u.

My guy leave babe for now and huzzle.
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by IamLEGEND1: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
E be like say the number of guys wey no get sense just dey Increase daily.

Na by force to buy gift? Wake up, type 'happy birthday'. add '... Dear' if you're feeling mushy on the inside and send it to her on WhatsApp.

Don uban ta, the last time pesin been buy me gift I was 4.... na for one mumu girl I go start to dey borrow money from people just to buy gift. Dem no born that girl well.

2 Likes

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by pu7pl3(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
IAMSASHY:
undecided my bday ws 13th of dis month, my guy isn't financially k at d moment, all l got from hm as a gift ws a text msg + he ws d first 2 cul and wish me hday by 12midnight of d sed day. Wat did I do? I started remembering all d tins he did 4 me in d past, gifts, phones, money. Dis a time of trial, u must nt buy her gift, if she really likes u, she wl understand. Anoda tin he did 2 make it more special ws he told his frnds it ws my bday, abt 8 of dem posted my pix on fb wishing me well. Emerging opening ur fb acct, u see ur pix everywhere, evrytin isn't abt gift jooor

What's your facebook handle lemme go and check
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by tosyne2much(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh! The OP is obviously a caring dude.

Just try to explain to her that you're financially handicapped at the moment and won't be able to afford buying her a birthday gift

And if she starts misbehaving and dumps you for that, you never find girlfriend my brother

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by IAMSASHY(f): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
embarassed hell no, ur dp is 2 scary, dnt wish 2 see dat in my dream
pu7pl3:

What's your facebook handle lemme go and check

1 Like

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Breakfast in bed

Hot sex

Picnic at the beach

Make her a love CD playlist

Have a romantic dinner for two at home am sure you can afford candles money.

Watch a romantic comedy together

There is so much you can do even without money.

You just have to be creative and thoughtful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nedfed(m): 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
This thread just dey make me laugh
You're broke right?
But you have DICK hmmmm.
That sorted it out.
Give her what you have and I see her smiling after the day.

Still wetin for the time some guys go wake up. Get money first before seeking for girlfriend you no go hear.

Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by pu7pl3(m): 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
IAMSASHY:
embarassed hell no, ur dp is 2 scary, dnt wish 2 see dat in my dream

Ah ah what has my scary DP got to do with ur FB handle What's the correlation na
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by error4040: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
E be like say the number of guys wey no get sense just dey Increase daily.

Na by force to buy gift? Wake up, type 'happy birthday'. add '... Dear' if you're feeling mushy on the inside and send it to her on WhatsApp.

Don uban ta, the last time pesin been buy me gift I was 4.... na for one mumu girl I go start to dey borrow money from people just to buy gift. Dem no born that girl well.
Word!!
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
If ur broke den don't stress urslf about it. Buh don't fail to buy xumfn wen u hv money tho. She'll appreciate it more
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Augustap(f): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Any girl who'll make you borrow just for birthday gift, will make you steal or sell your properties to get her other expensive stuffs. If she loves you, she'll understand that you're broke nd can't afford a present. Stop shaking like jelly fish
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
mabeni:
Hello Pals!
Please, I'll like an advice on what cheap and valuable gift I can buy for my GF which u think she'll appreciate. I'm actually working but right now I'm so broke and her birthday is just few days away.
I really don't even know who to borrow from right now. She understands the fact that I'm broke but I don't feel too good about not buying any gift for her birthday.
Please, girls,what would u expect from your BF if he were in my situation?
and guys, what would you do if u were in my shoes?
Thanks for your help.
Buy her undies and her love towards you would increase more. cheesy

Do remember to thank me thereafter for teaching you how to swim with the sharks. cool
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Bright642(m): 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hmm I'm not financially bouyant but that doesn't mean I dont have you in mind prolly one of the days i might surprise you with something you dont expect
Well this is my earnest prayer for you. may the love of god be with you all day through with his endless, boundless grace may he richly bless your life with much happiness and success. Happy birthday In advance to you.. 💌🩶 ❤️‍🩹
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Anny69: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bright642:
Hmm I'm not financially bouyant but that doesn't mean I dont have you in mind prolly one of the days i might surprise you with something you dont expect
Well this is my earnest prayer for you. may the love of god be with you all day through with his endless, boundless grace may he richly bless your life with much happiness and success. Happy birthday In advance to you.. 💌🩶 ❤️‍🩹
You didn't check the date before posting?
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Kobicove(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Na old thread sef
Re: Her Birthday Is Approaching And I Am So Broke by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
You are not obligated to buy anything for her if you don't have the money. If she loves you, she will see reason from your standpoint

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Our 2nd Child, My Hubby Gave Me Ultimatum To Fix My Sagging B00bs Or He... / Most Romantic: See How This Man Proposed To His Surgeon Girlfriend / Have You By Mistake Send A Nude Pics To Somebody It's Not Meant For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.