Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (53809 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / 91% Of All Absconded Policemen Sent To Fight Boko Haram Are Christians - FFK / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by senatordave1(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2017
emmyspark007:

Afonjas come and see o
Una brother sarrki say kwara na northern state o
Very soon oyo go turn northern
Kwara is in the north central na haba.if you dont know this elementary geography,please quit nairaland

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Benwems(m): 8:58am On Oct 27, 2017
Desyner:
And Aregbe say Osun people are too poor to pay tax. God help us in Nigeria.
The list is questionable. I hardly see poverty In the East. Everybody there has one or two things he is doing. The list looks more like a propaganda from any of the sectional media group.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsam2019: 8:58am On Oct 27, 2017
According to human nature. If we migrate, we usually migrate to places that are already better than where we currently stay. Reason why Yoruba people travel to UK AND USA because its actually better.

It would insanity to call USA or UK a slum when we run there to escape poverty.

Same way it's insanity for igbos to call Yoruba land slums when all they do when they have their kids is to send then here to Yoruba land so they won't die of poverty like their father

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

I ordinarily would have ignored you but i will make an exception now..You and all your side-kicks here are very hypocritical,pretentious and fake...You exude hatred against Igbos,then turn round to accuse Igbos of hatred...Yes your statistics are trash,coined from figments of your imaginations,if you are pained by my assertions then deal with it or jump into a lagoon.....There is no law that says i must accept what you lots say here...Your loud-mouthed kith and kins would have disregared that so-called statistics with everything in them if the reverse were the case so get out my way with your hypocritical,fake lamentations.....Cry cry babies.

I understand you well enough now. However, that SW will reject the statistics if it favours SE isnt enough reason to debunk it. You should not be led by emotion in factual discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ab11baddo(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2017
safarigirl:
you should know that statistics are never a true reflection of the state of things

For instance, Statistics show that South Africa has the Highest HIV prevalence in Africa, however, there is a higher number of HIV positive people in Nigeria than in SA, what does that tell you about all these statistics and tricky percentages?

I have gone through Anambra and I have gone through Osun. Based on facts on ground and not facts on a piece of paper after random selection, Anambra is doing much better than Osun as far as living standards.

Statistics are a farce
how do u know there are more HIV people in Nigeria than in SA.... What are ur congent evidence to back that claim...... And again what are d places u av been to ascertain u know d whole of osun state well... And NOTE ILe ife isn't d only place in osun state... Most easterners claim to know osun just because they school there (Oau in IFE).... Ile ife does not make osun state alone....

12 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by GoldNiagara(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Blue3k:
The most interstitial thing about this study shows NW is still more impovished than North east. Borno in spite of Boko Haram still in better position than many states in northern region. Yobe is missing from list.

Poverty rate by geopolitical region:
SW- 19.33
SS- 25.22
SE- 27.36
NC- 42.53
NE- 76.04%
NW- 80.96%

Front Page: lalasticlala

Source: http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/mpi/download_brief_files/NGAive

Ps: do you guys find it interesting people from SE always bitter about statistics calling it fake. They won't debunk it the just go on emotional rants. Oxford and UN are Liars in their mind.

The developers are the 4th poorest region in Nigeria,despite the pervasive poverty in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by senatordave1(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2017
As a neutral person,i think standard of living or poverty rate is not measured by the number of millionaires and billionaires a state has or how commercialized or developed the state is but how the common man is faring.the wealth in anambra is concentrated in their wealthy ones but in osun,it is dispersed to almost everyone.the poor in anambra are worse off than those in osun.the gap between the rich and poor in osun is lower than that of anambra.if we say osun is an idp camp,just last week peter obi was distributing 1000 naira notes.

19 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ngokafor(f): 9:04am On Oct 27, 2017
asunmoGGMU:

I understand you well enough now. However, that SW will reject the statistics if it favours SE isnt enough reason to debunk it. You should not be led by emotion in factual discussion.

To be honest,i do not think that statistic is correct cos it has no bearing with realities on ground .SW is known for twisting facts and figures on its head to suit their propagandist and megalomanic tendencies..sorry.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2017
senatordave1:

Kwara is in the north central na haba.if you dont know this elementary geography,please quit nairaland
Thanks for the info
I always thought kwara was in south west as per yoruba state.
Well now I know better; no wonder they have emir.
That means yorubas have little claim over kwara because even fulanis and othe tribes they there
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by GetMeRight: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2017
coolebux:
Even those in Osun knows the truth
Aregbe don arrange with those hungry statisticians to compose this list for the gullibles
This is gross gringrin
May be you are referring to the period when state workers were not receiving salaries. Things have improved a bit.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2017
I would appreciate if contradictory statistics can be presented not howling insults on something factual. I read someone wrote statistics is farce, I cringed in disbelief.

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by fellowman: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:
What's so special about SE that you guys are shouting that the report is wrong? Anything that fails to favour you is false! The same East that my niece was posted to serve? She couldn't even stay there! Abeg U guys cheast beat alot!

which of your Western States pays corpers allawee say it here let's know.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Sammy07: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I have arrived at this conclusions.
Judging from the comments..

1. Igbo people are the most hateful tribe in Nigeria...

2. Igbo people always disagree with whatever that does not suit them.

Before I used to fight for some igbos over Yorubas here in my state..
I can now see why Hausas hate igbos very much, and I can see that igbos will never get a president in this Nigeria if they continue with their hating..

If nah waec result them post, and imo or anambra state is leading, they will be happy..

but whatever that doesn't suit them, they won't be happy..

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ENG1110: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

I ordinarily would have ignored you but i will make an exception now..You and all your side-kicks here are very hypocritical,pretentious and fake...You exude hatred against Igbos,then turn round to accuse Igbos of hatred...Yes your statistics are trash,coined from figments of your imaginations,if you are pained by my assertions then deal with it or jump into a lagoon.....There is no law that says i must accept what you lots say here...Your loud-mouthed kith and kins would have disregared that so-called statistics with everything in them if the reverse were the case so get out my way with your hypocritical,fake lamentations.....Cry cry babies.

who is crying on this thread. sorry, you guys are the cry cry babies. And you accepting or rejecting a statistics does not change anything.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

To be honest,i do not think that statistic is correct cos it has no bearing with realities on ground .SW is known for twisting facts and figures on its head to suit their propagandist and megalomanic tendencies..sorry.

I understand you. But is this statistical report made in Nigeria let alone SW? Arguing in the face of fact demand that you present counter-factual statistics by other credible agency or body. No one is pushing propaganda here as far as I am concerned. It is not as if the statistics was made by SW or something.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ENG1110: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2017
safarigirl:
you should know that statistics are never a true reflection of the state of things

For instance, Statistics show that South Africa has the Highest HIV prevalence in Africa, however, there is a higher number of HIV positive people in Nigeria than in SA, what does that tell you about all these statistics and tricky percentages?

I have gone through Anambra and I have gone through Osun. Based on facts on ground and not facts on a piece of paper after random selection, Anambra is doing much better than Osun as far as living standards.

Statistics are a farce

There is a difference between absolute value and per capital. Nigeria has a population about 4 times that of SA, so we will have a higher number of cases, but per capital, SA has a higher rate than Nigeria.
facts are facts.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Sammy07: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

If the statistics is not correct, then bring your own,

why are you people so disgusting...

you don't agree to whatever that suit you..

bring your stats and let's see

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsam2019: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2017
South East is paradise they said, I went through the stories of South East governors and just only one of them made money by working and staying in the south east. The rest made their money in South West and co

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by agarawu23(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2017
North will always have the highest percentage despite occupying all the position in the Federal govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by logica(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2017
LMAO @ Wail against The Statistics. Rings like a Rock group (Rage against the Machine).
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by logica(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2017
Sammy07:

Anything that does not show SE as topping is invalid. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by mavinc4u(f): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:
What's so special about SE that you guys are shouting that the report is wrong? Anything that fails to favour you is false! The same East that my niece was posted to serve? She couldn't even stay there! Abeg U guys cheast beat alot!

Your niece couldn't stay there as a result of what?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ngokafor(f): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2017
asunmoGGMU:

I understand you. But is this statistical report made in Nigeria let alone SW? Arguing in the face of fact demand that you present counter-factual statistics by other credible agency or body. No one is pushing propaganda here as far as I am concerned. It is not as if the statistics was made by SW or something.

Oga its a free World..move on and ignore me..My acceptance is not that important..seriously.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by sarrki(m): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Signs of frustration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by mavinc4u(f): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2017
samsam2019:
South East is paradise they said, I went through the stories of South East governors and just only one of them made money by working and staying in the south east. The rest made their money in South West and co

Wisen up a bit, you can do more than this.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Killurself: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2017
stanluiz:
There is low poverty rate in Anambra that is what he is saying you can't use it to compare the backward osun
Did you live in Osun state?

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ENG1110: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

This is a UK study. NBS is Nigerian. and besides, reports of NBS and this UK study are similar. both can't be lying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ngokafor(f): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2017
Sammy07:

Your disgusts at us is not compared to our disgust at you lots..Trust me dude,we are even in the department of disgust.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Sammy07: 9:24am On Oct 27, 2017
logica:
Anything that does not show SE as topping is invalid. grin
Honestly, I don't know if it is the igbos on Nairaland that are stupid and idiots..
because my igbos friends here are wise and used to reason things...

they even vowed not to go back to SE that they prefer to be with Yorubas because of tolerance than to be with their divided people

10 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Sammy07: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Your disgusts at us is not compared to our disgust at you lots..Trust me dude,we are even in the department of disgust.

I see

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2017
sarrki:

Signs of frustration

Read her response to my last mention of her. Indeed, she is truly frustrated. I am afraid the hate those people carry against SW is so deep that I am now scared of my SE friends now. Some of them won't express all these inordinate hates in real life. I am afraid. More surprised, I have always preferred them over northerners before now. These people are bile fuelled. Just hate-filled.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Buhari's Grand Daughter Playing With His IPad / "They Just Burnt Our Votes" - Votes On Fire As People Flee In Lagos (video, Pics / Militants Blow Up Escravos Pipeline In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.