Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. (23824 Views)

"I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / How Lovers Should Settle Their Fight During COVID-19 At Home / Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lalas247:

Amen sister, I am now a believer wink

Ben I abeg come other side serious matter biko x
I'm at your service. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
Toks2008:

If I date you,you will thank GOD everyday for having a man like me.

I write realistic stuffs and not my personal beliefs or life style.

fùck outta here with that bullshìt. I didn't join this forum today and I know you and your misogynistic beliefs checkout this one below that you spent time defending why defend it if it wasn't your belief?

Toks2008:
*This write up does not encourage adultery in any form but it is about pointing out the erroneous belief as regards the act of adultery and divorce in relation to the scriptures.Every man must love and be faithful to his wife.

I have seen many situations where a wife leaves her husband against all odds because he committed adultery and she will quickly use the scripture to back up her action.

But does God really permit a wife to divorce an adulterous husband?

According to Islam

The fact that polygamy is an acceptable norm in Islam does not give room for much debate over this matter but nevertheless,there are laid down guidelines to follow if a wife has good evidence that her husbands committed adultery(Please refer to Fataawa 89039 and 85031).

From the bible

God never intended to give any instruction as regards divorce because GOD hates it as it is written in Malachi 2:16 : "For I hate divorce !" says the LORD , the God of Israel.

However, the hardness of MAN's heart(Not the woman) made Moses give men the opportunity to divorce their wives.

While many bible scholars have postulated that whenever a "he" is used in the Bible,it usually applies to man and woman and i perfectly agree but when it comes to matrimonial matters, the bible is very gender specific and has meticulously used the words man,woman,husband and wife with specific instructions relating to each one.

1 corrithians 7:10-11
"But for those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord. A wife must not leave her husband.But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Matthew 19:5-9
" Why then," they asked Him, "did Moses command us to give divorce papers and TO SEND HER AWAY?"He told them, "Moses permitted you to divorce your WIVES because of the hardness of your hearts. But it was not like that from the beginning.And I tell you, whoever divorces his WIFE, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

So the big question is; When is it right for a woman to divorce her husband?

The only Biblical ground for divorce for the woman is desertion by the man which is never the same as an act of adultery because strangely enough, a man may commit adultery but may not have any intention of deserting his wife.

Desertion is defined as the abandonment of a duty or post without permission and is done with the intention of not returning after all options of true reconciliation fails.

1 Corinthians 7:15. "But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound [by a marriage vow]. God has called you to live in peace".

Desertion by the man can come in many forms.
-If he denies her sex.
-Outrightly abandons her.
-Makes her a punching bag
-Refuses to take care of her and the children even when he is capable

I don't know if this makes sense.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

fùck outta here with that bullshìt. I didn't join this forum today and I know you and your misogynistic beliefs checkout this one below that you spent time defending why defend it if it wasn't your belief?

How old are you? Are you married?

Why I asked is because I realize you write lots of comments about romance based on theory but you need to have the experience first.

So I will henceforth stop responding to you cos you are only writing from fantasies.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
Toks2008:

How old are you? Are you married?

Why I asked is because I realize you write lots of comments about romance based on theory but you need to have the experience first.

So I will henceforth stop responding to you cos you are only writing from fantasies.

you that write trash you ain't married either.

pls show me my comments on romance that I wrote based on fantasy.

you claim that what you write ain't your beliefs, yet you claim a woman who is not okay with an adulterous husband has no right to opt out. you go to the extent of twisting your bible to suit your male chauvinist views yet it is not your beliefs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

you that write trash you ain't married either.

pls show me my comments on romance that I wrote based on fantasy.

you claim that what you write ain't your beliefs, yet you claim a woman who is not okay with an adulterous husband has no right to opt out. you go to the extent of twisting your bible to suit your male chauvinist views yet it is not your beliefs.

Here we go again..if I were you I will calm down your raging hormones and learn before you foolishly make the same mistakes many ladies make.

For your info I have been in and out of "marriage" and I have friends both male and female that have shared their experience.

I'm too old for naira land banters so I feel at 42 the best way to give back to nairaland which I joined 10years ago is to dish out some home made truths so that the younger ones can learn but instead all I get are rantings and wishful comment from toddlers who don't even understand jack about romance and they just rant endlessly..

I'm more than qualified to give marital or relationship advice cos I have passed through that road before.

You say you will leave an adulterous husband but go out and see what becomes of most of these ladies who left their adulterous husband...they end up lonely,miserable and most likely a intimacy gadget for randy boys or as mistresses of another married man...
so who is fooling who?

Does common sense not tell you that the mistress knew your husband was married and all she wanted was for you to leave? why leave a man who loves you and cares for you because he cheats on you? what is the freaking guaranty the next man won't do worse?

All I write are points to make you ladies prepare for any crazy thing that may come up in your marriage but instead to learn you rant and rant and rant.

There was a lady here on nauraland that virtually cursed my generation when she read a thread of mine about the reality of romance just for her to contact me offline a year latter to apologize and saying she now knows better.

I'm not on nairaland to woo ladies which is why i have maintained proper decorum since i registered so I'm not here to impress any lady ..

I'm a crazily faithful guy but does that mean I should start fooling myself preaching to guys to be faithful?,and the facr that i hate polygamy does not change the reality on ground? so why should I start forming preacher online when the fact remains that the world has gone crazy.

If I were you I will print out all my threads on romance and read them again and again so that you can be more prepared for the crazy world of men out there.

I will stop here.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
Toks2008:

[s]Here we go again..if I were you I will calm down your raging hormones and learn before you foolishly make the same mistakes many ladies make.

For your info I have been in and out of "marriage" and I have friends both male and female that have shared their experience.

I'm too old for naira land banters so I feel at 42 the best way to give back to nairaland which I joined 10years ago is to dish out some home made truths so that the younger ones can learn but instead all I get are rantings and wishful comment from toddlers who don't even understand jack about romance and they just rant endlessly..

I'm more than qualified to give marital or relationship advice cos I have passed through that road before.[/s]

You say you will leave an adulterous husband but go out and see what becomes of most of these ladies who left their adulterous husband...they end up lonely,miserable and most likely a intimacy gadget for randy boys or as mistresses of another married man...
so who is fooling who?

Does common sense not tell you that the mistress knew your husband was married and all she wanted was for you to leave? why leave a man who loves you and cares for you because he cheats on you? what is the freaking guaranty the next man won't do worse?

[s]All I write are points to make you ladies prepare for any crazy thing that may come up in your marriage but instead to learn you rant and rant and rant.[/s]

There was a lady here on nauraland that virtually cursed my generation when she read a thread of mine about the reality of romance just for her to contact me offline a year latter to apologize and saying she now knows better.

I'm not on nairaland to woo ladies which is why i have maintained proper decorum since i registered so I'm not here to impress any lady ..

I'm a crazily faithful guy but does that mean I should start fooling myself preaching to guys to be faithful?,and the facr that i hate polygamy does not change the reality on ground? so why should I start forming preacher online when the fact remains that the world has gone crazy.

If I were you I will print out all my threads on romance and read them again and again so that you can be more prepared for the crazy world of men out there.

I will stop here.

I don't need all these your stories.
so your rapists apologists, misogynistic male fans of nairaland don't deserve advice to be better but women need to be brainwashed to put up with bullshìt abi?

The major problem I had with that your stupìd thread on divorce is that you were trying to make it an authority that a woman has to stay with a hiv prone cheating Bastard just because your misogynistic interpretation of your version of "God"said so.
No regards for the woman's feelings or do you think they are woods with no feelings?

So if the woman is hurting emotionally she does not deserve peace of mind abi.

if she enjoys sleeping with boyfriend after the divorce so fùcking what?

please don't even think I believe in the butterfly in the stomach romantic love.
romantic love is fleeting and superficial.

The kind of love i believe in is the one borne out of deep friendship of people with similar philosophy and beliefs where everything is mutual give and take including love and care.

A man that loves and cares for his wife's feelings wouldn't hurt her. so a man who cheats on his wife (assuming the wife plays her part right) cares for himself and is selfish there is nothing loving or caring about that. so miss me with that bullshìt.

anyway you are older and set in your archaic misogynist views it is well.

end of discussion.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
[[s]quote author=Proudgorgeousga post=62104647]

[s] I don't need all these your stories.
so your rapists apologists, misogynistic male fans of nairaland don't deserve advice to be better but women need to be brainwashed to put up with bullshìt abi?

The major problem I had with that your stupìd thread on divorce is that you were trying to make it an authority that a woman has to stay with a hiv prone cheating Bastard just because your misogynistic interpretation of your version of "God"said so.
No regards for the woman's feelings or do you think they are woods with no feelings?

So if the woman is hurting emotionally she does not deserve peace of mind abi.

if she enjoys sleeping with boyfriend after the divorce so fùcking what?

please don't even think I believe in the butterfly in the stomach romantic love.
romantic love is fleeting and superficial.

The kind of love i believe in is the one borne out of deep friendship of people with similar philosophy and beliefs where everything is mutual give and take including love and care.

A man that loves and cares for his wife's feelings wouldn't hurt her. so a man who cheats on his wife (assuming the wife plays her part right) cares for himself and is selfish there is nothing loving or caring about that. so miss me with that bullshìt.

anyway you are older and set in your archaic misogynist views it is well.

end of discussion. [/quote]
[/s]

I have done you great honour responding to you but you just crossed the line of intelligent discussant to a low life pepper seller and such does not deserve my response any longer...Go learn some decorum ..whatever rocks your boat.Bye.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=Toks2008 post=62105470]

[s]I have done you great honour responding to you but you just crossed the line of intelligent discussant to a low life pepper seller and such does not deserve my response any longer...Go learn some decorum ..whatever rocks your boat.Bye[/s]

bla bla bla grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by LordKO(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Toks2008, it's unfortunate that you didn't learn anything meaningful from your said failed marriage. Believe you me, you didn't achieve self-realization before contracting the said marriage, and up to now you're yet to achieve it too - citing your opinions. You're just conceited (no insult intended towards you).

Actually, neither old age nor experience confers wisdom, only insight does. A clear example is PMB, he came to power as a former president and the last time I checked; with his experience and old age he's yet to show any sign of wisdom in him in the area of governance. . . I don't wish you the same in your next marriage.

Meanwhile, kindly eschew the myopic thought that you're the only advanced person on nairaland romance section. There are a whole lot of advanced and successful people - from different life endeavors - of both genders that are equally members and contributors.

No one person has monopoly of wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
LordKO:
Toks2008, it's unfortunate that you didn't learn anything meaningful from your said failed marriage. Believe you me, you didn't achieve self-realization before contracting the said marriage, and up to now you're yet to achieve it too - citing your opinions. You're just conceited (no insult intended towards you).

Actually, neither old age nor experience confers wisdom, only insight does. A clear example is PMB, he came to power as a former president and the last time I checked; with his experience and old age he's yet to show any sign of wisdom in him in the area of governance. . . I don't wish you the same in your next marriage.

Meanwhile, kindly eschew the myopic thought that you're the only advanced person on nairaland romance section. There are a whole lot of advanced and successful people - from different life endeavors - of both genders that are equally members and contributors.

No one person has monopoly of wisdom.

And you just wasted your time writing this without making any sense..how pathetic..Please communicate.

I assume you are a guy yet you just trolled and that is the problem with many people who just make comments without making sense. No one knows it at but if you dont know what to write just read and leave ok.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by LordKO(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
Toks2008:

And you just wasted your time writing this without making any sense..how pathetic..Please communicate.

I assume you are a guy yet you just trolled and that is the problem with many people who just make comments without making sense. No one knows it at but if you dont know what to write just read and leave ok.

LOL. You're a typical example of an articulate incompetent.

Bye.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Millionaire Socialite Joro Olumofin, Shares 10 Tips On How To Get A Boyfriend / My Butt Or One Million Naira? People Slam Girl For Putting Her Waist Online / Niyi Akinmolayan: "Why Women Should Use Sex As Weapon"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.