Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko (24151 Views)

Pastor Anselm Madubuko's Mother-In-Law Sheds Tears Of Joy As She Gets A Car Gift / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by delexy123: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2017
BluntBoy:

Why are you overly obsessed with the bold line. This argument is not about prophesy but criticism. Jesus and John the Baptist were critical of the religious leaders. The Apostles, including Paul, were critical of false teachers. Freeze is critical of false teachings. This has nothing to do with anybody being foremost a prophet. Elijah was a prophet but that was not the argument. If you can deny that Elijah was critical of Ahab, then you can have a valid argument with me. But all this unnecessary elongation of a very simple matter is not only tiring but also very annoying.

Did l hit a nerve there? ...Mind you, you can't just pick up one character ( criticism in this case) to compare two people and tell the world that they are alike while leaving out the other glaring characters that clearly set them apart from each other. It is like saying Jesus Christ is no different from other humans because he was also born by a woman as others. Yes, all men criticise and it is not even a bad thing to do in itself But placing Freeze in the same breadth as those men you mentioned up there just because he criticise doesn't cut it at all. Again, when Freeze begins to help the 'sheepies' rather than is usual cynicism, I will take him serious.
Note: I don't support all new generation pastors either
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by BluntBoy(m): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2017
delexy123:
Did l hit a nerve there? ...Mind you, you can't just pick up one character ( criticism in this case) to compare two people and tell the world that they are alike while leaving out the other glaring characters that clearly set them apart from each other. It is like saying Jesus Christ is no different from other humans because he was also born by a woman as others. Yes, all men criticise and it is not even a bad thing to do in itself But placing Freeze in the same breadth as those men you mentioned up there just because he criticise doesn't cut it at all. Again, when Freeze begins to help the 'sheepies' rather than is usual cynicism, I will take him serious.
Note: I don't support all new generation pastors either

No, I just don't have patience for people who can't argue. cheesy

The bone of contention is "is criticism godly?" At least, that should be the bone of contention. Your expansion of the argument is not helpful. The guy I quoted ruled out Freeze as a man of God because Freeze was critical of pastors. I saw it as not enough reason to disqualify Freeze and mentioned characters who used criticisms as tools in the Bible.

No one mentioned prophets or messiahs or any other such appellations until you quoted me and started creating unnecessary distractions from the bone of contention.

Ultimately, God can use anyone. Cyrus was a man of God, although not specifically called that, but he was referred to as God's anointed even though he was a pagan king. There was no evidence that the man that rebuked Eli was a prophet and yet God explicitly used him. If anyone feels that Freeze is wrong, they should counter his religious stances with sound Biblical verses and teachings.
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by delexy123: 10:46am On Oct 28, 2017
oruma19:
yes he is a prophet to his immediate family and those who believe in his message. Are u not also a prophet? Somehow we all are sent for certain purposes. Let's not quarrel over it, freeze may sound contradictory most times but 90% of what he says is true
Wait... don't get me wrong, I am not against Freeze criticism but I expect him to do beyond that if indeed he really want to help others.
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by cescky(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2017
boringnigerian:

Either that or you're not explaining it properly.... good morning.

Morning

I like your persistence..

God doesn't give you what you want..He gives you what you believe...only what "you" as an individual believe..in your heart or spirit

Ie what you believe even when you don't see

In other words as a man thinketh in his HEART so shall it be unto him...

Theres a law in operation ..it's like the law of gravity and that Law if Faith in other words in life we can only get what we believe....

God works or operates via Law and that Law is according vto your faith or according to what we believe so shall he do unto us

Recall the scripture...if thou can believe all things are possible to him that believe

Then the blind lepers..Jesus told them believe ye that am able to do this? Then they say yes lord...then Jesus says Accord ing to your faith, your faith your faith your faith not the disciples faith, not Jesus faith but theirs be it unto u..ie let it happen according to what you believe
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by boringnigerian: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2017
cescky:

Morning

I like your persistence..

God doesn't give you what you want..He gives you what you believe...only what "you" as an individual believe..in your heart or spirit

Ie what you believe even when you don't see

In other words as a man thinketh in his HEART so shall it be unto him...

Theres a law in operation ..it's like the law of gravity and that Law if Faith in other words in life we can only get what we believe....

God works or operates via Law and that Law is according vto your faith or according to what we believe so shall he do unto us

Recall the scripture...if thou can believe all things are possible to him that believe

Then the blind lepers..Jesus told them believe ye that am able to do this? Then they say yes lord...then Jesus says Accord ing to your faith, your faith your faith your faith not the disciples faith, not Jesus faith but theirs be it unto u..ie let it happen according to what you believe

I'm not saying the pastors don't have a lot of faith. I'm just asking if they have more or better faith than their congregation.
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by newsynews: 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
BluntBoy:

You are not God so you cannot know how God intends to use his own. John the Baptist was very insultive. Even Jesus was never easy on the religious leaders.

These wealthy pastors are like the Pharisees who do not want to make heaven and yet will not allow good Christians make it. They do not need gentle words. They need the harsh words of John the Baptist.
Harsh words are different from insults and name calling.

What insult did john the Baptist say in the Bible?
Re: ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko by newsynews: 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what a load of bull

didn't your Jesus chase people with whips?
What do you do to people illegally occupying a place? Kiss them?

How does that relate to raining abuses, insults, curse words etc on people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv / Burial Of Ghanaian Pastor Ato Kessie Family Of 5 Who Died In Fire Outbreak / Sellers Goods At Dunamis, Abuja Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.